PDA

View Full Version : The big 4

ffadicted
02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Duncan: 21 pts, 10-15, 10rbs, 3 asst, 31:44
Parker: 16 pts, 6-11, 3rbs, 4 asst, 28:40
Ginobili: 21 pts, 5-13, 6rbs, 8 asst, 33:50
Jefferson: 20pts, 7-11, 4rbs, 5 asst, 35:37

Are you kidding me? Unbeliavable, probably the best collective game of the season for them. 3 of the big 4 scored more then 20 points, and parker easily could've gotten there if he played more. Ginobili didn't shoot well, but 8 assists, 6 rebounds and his playmaking and clutch FT's made up for it. Jefferson was very aggressive and despite getting murdered by Amare, this was probably his best game of the season since Dallas all the way back in november.

Parker wasn't in on crunch time for some reason (injury, rest?), but otherwise he had a good game, shot a good percentage, but didn't really play team ball. Either way, everybody else was getting involved enough, so it turned out alright. Duncan was once again out of his mind, and put up another 20-10 game, as expected. He didn't seem happy with the team performance in the post-game, but this kind of collective performance from these 4 is what spurs fans have been waiting for all season long

All I can say is :flag::flag::flag:

slayermin
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
It's possible Pop sat TP because he's hurt. But I suspect it was those two jumpers he took without anyone else touching the ball. He can get those type of shots anytime. Run the offense and see if you can get something easy.

in2deep
02-28-2010, 04:12 PM
IMO Tp sat for defensive reasons.

props to Blair too.

and Hill and McDyess.

everyone played well. (except for Mason)

Muser
02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
IMO Tp sat for defensive reasons.

props to Blair too.

and Hill and McDyess.

everyone played well. (except for Mason)

Hill sucked, he got bailed out big time by Richardson..

FeZZy
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Big SIX!

ShoogarBear
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
It's possible Pop sat TP because he's hurt. But I suspect it was those two jumpers he took without anyone else touching the ball. He can get those type of shots anytime. Run the offense and see if you can get something easy.

The ABC guys were saying that Pop was engaged in an animated discussion with TP after that second jumper, and he stayed on the bench the rest of the way.

tdunk21
02-28-2010, 04:24 PM
good effort put in by evryone and i noticed pop used hairston for defensive purposes...thats nice.....

DPG21920
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
The ABC guys were saying that Pop was engaged in an animated discussion with TP after that second jumper, and he stayed on the bench the rest of the way.

I heard that as well. Plus they said they would be monitoring his minutes.

ElNono
02-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Defense needs a lot of work... You would think that with a production like that from 4 guys we ran away with the game. I'll take any win now, but there's still lot of work to do on the other end.

pjjrfan
02-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Hill made a mistake but he made up for it by hitting those 2 clutch free throws.

alchemist
02-28-2010, 04:38 PM
:toast Parker at 80% is necessary to have any shot of passing the 1st round.

Libri
02-28-2010, 04:39 PM

I wonder if TP is free to talk back to Pop. If not, this could further put a strain on their relationship.

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Parker definitely looked a lot better today than recent though. he looked quick out there. were going to need him to be that way from here on out.

Bukefal
02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
:flag::flag::flag: Nice performance, especially glad with Jefferson. And yeah TP looked good.

ffadicted
02-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I wonder if TP is free to talk back to Pop. If not, this could further put a strain on their relationship.

LMAO this isn't high school ball buddy

FkLA
02-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Ive missed the last 3-4 games because of work/switching from Dish to Directv...but when did RJ start playing like this or was this just an anomaly? Cause this is seriously what we got him for, loved the fact that he was slashing rather than settling for jumpers like he'd been doing all season. Loved the Parker sitting too, Spurs were getting practically anything they wanted in that 4th quarter and Parker comes in and shoots his broke ass jumper twice in crucial moments of the game.

Libri
02-28-2010, 05:33 PM
LMAO this isn't high school ball buddy

I was worried that Pop wasn't going to take them to McDonalds after the game. :lol

ffadicted
02-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I was worried that Pop wasn't going to take them to McDonalds after the game. :lol

We always went to wendy's after wins :king

Agloco
02-28-2010, 05:43 PM
:toast Parker at 100% is necessary to have any shot of passing the 1st round.

FIFY

Nothing short of a fully healthy Parker gets this team out of an early fishing trip.

slayermin
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM

Maybe he shot those jumpers because he isn't 100%. Either way, I think Pop did the right thing even though Hill through that horrible pass to TD that JRich stole. Hill spreads the floor better because he can knockdown the three.