PDA

View Full Version : Dear Alvan Gentry

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Normally I'm not a big fan of blaming one person for losses, but today it rests on you.

Every starter played 30+ minutes today except the one who had 30 points and 12 rebounds on Friday. Great logic. And you wonder why the young players on Phoenix get so petrified with nationally televised games on the road.
You continue to play Grant Hill 30 minutes per game so games like today when he had to travel and didn't get a full 48 hours of rest he's absolutely useless. Has it occured to you yet that it'd be smart to cut his minutes down so he's not giving up huge nights to wings on a nightly basis? If Dick Jefferson getting 20 points off 7-11 shooting doesn't make you wonder, nothing will.
Other than have a November where he shot the ball extremely well, Channing Frye has done nothing to deserve the 20+ minutes he gets every night, and yet he keeps getting them. He plays attrocious defense and is such a pussy that he can't even post point guards up when they're switched onto him. Basically, when he's not spacing the floor so Nash can run the gimmick offense, he has no use whatsoever.
While Channing and Hill are on the court losing games, you're keeping players on the bench who could be helping win games. Earl Clark isn't going to magically develop sitting on the bench, it's inexplicable why he hasn't been developing as the athletic wing defender that wouldn't be getting killed by 3's as mediocre as Dick fucking Jefferson the way Dudley and Hill are. In limited time, Jarron Collins provided great defense earlier this year when he got PT due to injuries. Chances are Duncan could have put up good numbers on Collins, but maybe he would have broken a sweat in the process.

The Suns have been winning games all month by playing the bench more, staying away from smaller lineups, playing better defense, and today they decide to go back to run and fun Antoni Nashketball against the team that knew how to beat that gimmick from day 1. Was winning the game the #1 priority, or were you not interested in winning if it meant playing traditional basketball and holding your opponent below 110 points? Gentry did a great job today bringing Suns fans back to reality reminding them that after everything that's happened since 2005, they still think the best way to win is to not use the bench and get in a scoring contest with your opponent.

DPG21920
02-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Why did Lopez not get more burn? Did he get hurt?

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Why did Lopez not get more burn? Did he get hurt?

He doesn't fit in the run and fun system so he didn't play. Channing Frye enabled them to drop 110 points (and enabled the Spurs to drop 113), so he got as many minutes as Robin Lopez.

Fun n Gun
02-28-2010, 06:11 PM
He doesn't fit in the run and fun system so he didn't play. Channing Frye enabled them to drop 110 points (and enabled the Spurs to drop 113), so he got as many minutes as Robin Lopez.
I WILL NOT tolerate centers who can reboun and block shots getting heavy minutes in my system! Frye nee s to be the starter if we are to outscore the other teams that like to play efense.

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I WILL NOT tolerate centers who can reboun and block shots getting heavy minutes in my system! Frye nee s to be the starter if we are to outscore the other teams that like to play efense.

:lmao leaving all the D's out of that post.

pauls931
02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I caught a bit of the beginning of the game and Lopez was doing as repectable a job on Duncan as any other Suns center.... In history.

But I agree, the Suns bench is the key. If Gentry can get his rotations right, they could have one of the best if not the best bench in the league.

kamikazi_player
02-28-2010, 07:04 PM
:lol this troll might have some potential

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
No Fun n Gun is not my troll for the people who thought it was.

pauls931
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
No Fun n Gun is not my troll for the people who thought it was.

Not mine, I'm guessing Mark...

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Not mine, I'm guessing Mark...

Mark isn't a troll kind of guy, I don't think it's a Suns fan troll.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Lopez wasn't that great on Duncan, Duncan was eating him for lunch.

Lopez missed some gimmes. He finished a -10 for the game.

I like Amundson a lot, and was very impressed with the 9 or so blocks the Suns had (which Lopez does deserve credit for).

pauls931
02-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Mark isn't a troll kind of guy, I don't think it's a Suns fan troll.

Maybe you're right, but he's been complaining about the fun thing a lot lately.

JMarkJohns
02-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Do you mean me? Not me... I had one troll in my life, and it went so well I pulled a Costanza and went out on top.

I didn't see today's game, so other than reading other's comments, I have nothing to say. Sucks to see youngsters like Lopez and Dragic get their minutes/roles reduced after such a good bunch of games lately.

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Maybe you're right, but he's been complaining about the fun thing a lot lately.

That's not a lately thing, he's been against it for awhile. I know you're shocked I'm not the only person who's annoyed with have fun with fun and gun but other people are and the number of them is growing quickly.

IronMexican
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Do you mean me? Not me... I had one troll in my life, and it went so well I pulled a Costanza and went out on top.

Rappin' Shaq?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-28-2010, 10:02 PM
The owner of Rappin' Shaq has already admitted to it.

JMarkJohns
02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Rappin' Shaq?

It wasn't here. It was at AZ Central almost six years ago. It was a Billy Madison troll and people loved him.

JMarkJohns
02-28-2010, 10:55 PM
As for fun-n-gun or Itty-bitty ball as I've called it for years, I hate it. I'm not saying it can't be an effective gimmick for spurts, but to construct an offense around it, just stupid...

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Fuck AZ central. They banned my account and I ran out of email addresses to make a new one.

ElNono
02-28-2010, 11:04 PM
But Nash had fun. Isn't it what's it all about?

JMarkJohns
02-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I said screw 'em almost four years ago... Had over 10,000 posts from 2001 through 2006. Said screw ESPN in 2003 and I had 8,000 posts from 2001 through 2003. I think all posts are deleted since the boards are a new format.

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 11:08 PM
They don't even keep track of posts on AZC anymore. It's not even a message board anymore it's more like a leave a comment thing.

JMarkJohns
02-28-2010, 11:13 PM
They don't even keep track of posts on AZC anymore. It's not even a message board anymore it's more like a leave a comment thing.

Yeah... Their boards always sucked. Very crude designs...