PDA

View Full Version : Report: LeBron Wants To Be A Laker

RedsLakers24
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
According to sources close to Phil Jackson, LeBron James has expressed interest in joining the Los Angeles Lakers.

"LeBron wants to win. He's a smart guy, and Phil loves LeBron, absolutely LOVES him," according to the report. Obviously, there is way too much involved with a situation like this for one blurb, but if the report holds water then look for this to become a big storyline in the upcoming days.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35634126/ ... ayer_news/ (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35634126/ns/sports-player_news/)

IronMexican
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
IronMexican, lakaluva, Allanon, RedsLakers24

:lol

Allanon
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
That's an interesting take.

Sign and trade Pau for LeBron. Cleveland gets the Lakers' MVP and the Lakers get the Cavs MVP. One MVP for another...sounds fair to me.

ps. lol IronMex.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Bron, who isn't even in his prime is taking the mle? :lmao:lmao

mavsluva
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
This is no surprise. Phil Jackson has always enjoyed having the best player in the league on his team.

Who wouldn't.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
That's an interesting take.

Sign and trade Pau for LeBron. Cleveland gets the Lakers' MVP and the Lakers get the Cavs MVP.

ps. lol Mex.

If you could land Marc Gasol would you be for it?

j.dizzle
LOL probably bullshit..Him & Kobe would fight too much about who gets more billboards & paid appearances lmao

Allanon
If you could land Marc Gasol would you be for it?

:lol

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Cavs won't do a sign and trade. They will either resign him (which they'll do) or let him walk.

Allanon
02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
If Lebron decides to leave for whatever reason, I'd think he'd at least try and help the Cavs if the situation provided itself. Plus, he'd make the most money that way.

If they can net Pau Gasol instead of nothing, I can't see why they wouldn't do it.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Brown/Artest/Odom off the bench.

Man that would be sick as hell. :depressed

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
If they can net Pau Gasol instead of nothing, I can't see why they wouldn't do it.

Well the Lakers managed to land Shaq and draft Kobe all in the same season. However if Bron signs with LA for the mle, I will go a whole year without drinking any alcohol.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Ray Allen would probably go to LA to be Kobe's backup.

TIMMYD!
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Not gonna happen for the MLE.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Shaq will follow Lebron to LA and be Bynum's backup.

Fisher/Kobe/Lebron/Gasol/Bynum

Brown/Allen/Artest/Odom/Shaq/Walton/??

:wow

mavsfan1000
02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Please God don't let this happen. Fuck next year if it does happen.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Please God don't let this happen. Fuck next year if it does happen.

Chillax Dawg. Bron is staying a Cav unless they don't offer him a max contract.

badfish22
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
:lmao at people thinking this has even a .001% chance of happening.

kamikazi_player
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
if this happens, we should cancel next season and give the title to the Lakers. But the chances of this happening is like 00.1%

lil_penny
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
If lebron goes then everyone else will follow, the team will be...

Fisher/cp3
Kobe/wade
Artest/lebron
Gasol/bosh
Bynum/howard

j.dizzle
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Sons, this is why Lakerfan never gotta worry about shit..Everyone wanna get that purple & gold spotlight & then cruise down sunset in that Drophead coupe to get a nice late brunch in 70 degree Feb weather. Kobe is rarely out cuz hes scared of his wife but if you like attention you will have a hard on is Southern Cali, Mia or NY. LA is the only good team out of those 3 so we dont gotta worry bout sheeeeeeeet. hahaha

Come_On_Now
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I could sworn that the source was a freaking blog site.

Xevious
02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
It won't happen. I can see Lebron paired up with Wade or Bosh sooner than Kobe. Lebron and Kobe are the clear cut #1 and #2 in the league. That's too much ego to survive a complete NBA season. They both can't be putting up 30 every night.

Of course, if you paired Lebron up with another legit scorer, he'll either get an assist or a bucket every time down the floor. So while his scoring might dip a little, his assists and rebounds probably increase.

j.dizzle
02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
When you say "we" are you saying the Spurs, or the league. The Spurs were canceled two years ago.
:lol Spurfan dont realize their window closed a few years back..Atleast bostonfan are starting to realize 08 was their 1 year window.

Allanon
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
However if Bron signs with LA for the mle, I will go a whole year without drinking any alcohol.

The alcohol is safe...no way in hell LeBron goes for MLE money.

Allanon
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
It won't happen. I can see Lebron paired up with Wade or Bosh sooner than Kobe. Lebron and Kobe are the clear cut #1 and #2 in the league. That's too much ego to survive a complete NBA season. They both can't be putting up 30 every night.

Shaq and Kobe did it long enough to get 3 rings.

It does make some sense for the Lakers to trade Pau for LeBron. Salaries also match up. It would be like two teams swapping their best player. LeBron gets to play in LA and MVP Pau gets to become the unquestioned leader of the Cavs.

A) Lakers get LeBron
B) Cavs get the Lakers "best player" in MVP Pau
C) LeBron gets the highest contract (via sign and trade by Cavs)
D) LeBron gets an almost guaranteed ring, Kobe gets another

It's win-win situation for the Cavs if they can't re-sign LeBron.

Of course, the best situation for the Cavs is to keep LeBron, this is a 2nd option.

MiamiHeat
02-28-2010, 07:25 PM
there is no truth to this story, made up.

if LeBron wanted a franchise with a legacy, he should join the Chicago Bulls.

They are thirsty since MJ left. LeBron could ressurect Jordan's team. that would be epic.

hhml
02-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Maybe that's why Buss hasn't extended Kobe yet :eyebrows

The LeBrons and the Kobettes will take pay cuts to join forces and rule the NBA forevermore.

Donkeybong
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
just a made up story to try to get hits on a website

Allanon
02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Maybe that's why Buss hasn't extended Kobe yet :eyebrows

This is a possibility.

It is indeed very strange that no contract extension has been reached...maybe them two have been talking.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

The only way Bron leaves Cleveland is if they don't make the finals.

Banzai
02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/148hjx3.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4541)

kamikazi_player
02-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Banzai I love your Kermit the Frog gif.

Killakobe81
02-28-2010, 07:39 PM
LOL won't happen but the triangle would be a perfect fit ...Only way it works if we send Pau or Kobe ...no way Lebron taking MLE ...
and for futiure use I would eveb sacrifice kobe ...but for this season i still want Kobe but last couple games starting to make me doubt that ...LOL

DJ Mbenga
02-28-2010, 07:40 PM
i will get to fuck sienna west, gianna michaels, kim kardashian, ashlynn brooke, lisa ann, lexi belle, jessica alba, jennier anniston before this happens

Banzai
02-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Banzai I love your Kermit the Frog gif.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/bale_and_kermit.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4014) bale and kermit agree:hat

23LeBronJames23
02-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe Phil Jackson wants to coach the Cavs.

JamStone
02-28-2010, 07:52 PM
David Stern makes an amendment to the next proposal for the new CBA: The Los Angeles Lakers to be given a special "earthquake" provision where their MLE is accompanied by a $150 million signing bonus as long as it is for five years to a former League MVP. The $150 million will not count against the cap... of course.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2010, 08:08 PM
David Stern makes an amendment to the next proposal for the new CBA: The Los Angeles Lakers to be given a special "earthquake" provision where their MLE is accompanied by a $150 million signing bonus as long as it is for five years to a former League MVP. The $150 million will not count against the cap... of course.
What if Lebron signs for a short period. Then he can get his payday again after winning a championship.

Brazil
02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/148hjx3.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4541)

wtf?:lol

picc84
02-28-2010, 09:10 PM
If lebron goes then everyone else will follow, the team will be...

Fisher/cp3
Kobe/wade
Artest/lebron
Gasol/bosh
Bynum/howard

lol and I guarantee Phil would have CP3 come off the bench for Fisher :lol

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
lol this is ridiculous.

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 09:14 PM
lebron will end up staying in cleveland or going to new york. thats it.

namlook
02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Lakers could sign Lebron for the MLE then max him out as soon as they would be able to do so. Lebron's endorsement money would go through the roof if he played for the lakers. That would more than make up for the lost money by taking the MLE.

Findog
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
LeBron isn't going to team up with Kobe. You can't have two alpha dogs on one team. If they won a title, it would be their title, not Bron's title.

Findog
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Lakers could sign Lebron for the MLE for three seasons then max him out. Lebron's endorsement money would go through the roof if he played for the lakers. That would more than make up for the lost money by taking the MLE.

LeBron doesn't need to be in a certain market to make crazy endorsement $$$. It would have no impact. He's already endorsing a million different products.

namlook
02-28-2010, 09:19 PM
LeBron isn't going to team up with Kobe. You can't have two alpha dogs on one team. If they won a title, it would be their title, not Bron's title.

It worked for Magic and Kareem. Kareem has six championships and Magic has five. No one takes anything away from either of them.

namlook
02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
LeBron doesn't need to be in a certain market to make crazy endorsement $$$. It would have no impact. He's already endorsing a million different products.

Advertisers would pay him more money if he was in a big market.

DPG21920
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
LMAO at Laker fans acting like Gasol is the best they could do in a S&T for Lebron. They could get whomever they wanted.

Findog
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Advertisers would pay him more money if he was in a big market.

LeBron is an American icon. It doesn't matter where he plays. He could play for the Sacramento Kings and it wouldn't make a difference. He's reached the Michael Jordan level of marketing playing in Cleveland.

lefty
02-28-2010, 09:24 PM
LOL @ rumors

Findog
02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
It worked for Magic and Kareem. Kareem has six championships and Magic has five. No one takes anything away from either of them.

Kareem was the first option on that team when Magic joined the league and Magic was the undisputed team leader and best player on the team by the mid-eighties. There was a clear pecking order established. It's the same reason LeBron won't join Wade in Miami even though they would have the cap space to offer him a max contract. He has yet to win a title as a #1 guy, and if he teamed up with either Kobe or Wade, it would be their title, not Bron's title. LeBron is not joining the Lakers as long as Kobe is there.

namlook
02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Lebron and Kobe would be just like Magic and Kareem. The Lakers would still be Kobe's team for a couple years more until he got to 7 rings or so then Kobe would take a backseat to Lebron just like Kareem did with Magic for rings 8, 9 and 10. :lmao

Venti Quattro
02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Soon our team will be called the Lebron Lakers or LOL

RedsLakers24
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/alexmophotos/random/LeBronLakers.jpg

djohn2oo8
03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Was this article written BEFORE the fans threw the foam fingers?

TheManFromAcme
03-01-2010, 03:34 PM
there is no truth to this story, made up.

if LeBron wanted a franchise with a legacy, he should join the Chicago Bulls.

They are thirsty since MJ left. LeBron could ressurect Jordan's team. that would be epic.

:rolleyes The 2 3 peats were great, no doubt.
But to compare the Bulls overall legacy against the Lakers and all it's overall history is laughable on so many levels.

Those 6 championships are but mere grains in the hourglass of championships (plural)

Come on now Heat...

vander
03-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I really really hope this happens, then even the densest fans will finally see the NBA for what it is. revenue will drop through the floor, the 2012 NBA salary cap will be like 40 mill :lmao:lmao

also, LA would need to swing a trade for CP3 or DWill too, they're a little weak at the PG spot :lol

The Franchise
03-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Waste of a thread.

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I really really hope this happens, then even the densest fans will finally see the NBA for what it is. revenue will drop through the floor, the 2012 NBA salary cap will be like 40 mill :lmao:lmao

also, LA would need to swing a trade for CP3 or DWill too, they're a little weak at the PG spot :lol

If anything, the revenue will only increase. Fans who are fed up with something like this will still be watching hoping for the Lakers to lose. The Lakers will never be the cause for hurt revenue. On the road, they will draw crowds of Laker fans/ the fake laker fans/ and the fans who want the Lakers to lose. They are the ultimate evil empire. Fans, even the ones who claim they will stop watching, will keep watching anytime their is an opportunity for the Lakers to lose.

RedsLakers24
03-01-2010, 06:11 PM
i dont see this happening, i would love it, but dont see it happening, the only thing i could see is a sign and trade, a deal involving Andrew Bynum +Artest or Sasha(expiring contract),

C:Gasol
PF:Odom
SF:Lebron
SG:Kobe
PG:Who Ever, we got Lebron and Kobe

vander
03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
If anything, the revenue will only increase. Fans who are fed up with something like this will still be watching hoping for the Lakers to lose. The Lakers will never be the cause for hurt revenue. On the road, they will draw crowds of Laker fans/ the fake laker fans/ and the fans who want the Lakers to lose. They are the ultimate evil empire. Fans, even the ones who claim they will stop watching, will keep watching anytime their is an opportunity for the Lakers to lose.

or they could have an epiphany, and suddenly realize that the NBA doesn't entertain them anymore, and star doing something else with their time.

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 11:42 PM
or they could have an epiphany, and suddenly realize that the NBA doesn't entertain them anymore, and star doing something else with their time.

That would of happened already. Hate em or love em....the Lakers are going to get viewers everywhere they go.