T Park
05-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Bonzi missed shootaround today.

Wont even be in the BUILDING tonight.

Absolute waste of talent.

PER TNT Pam Oliver BTW.

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 06:49 PM
They weren't going to win anyway, T Park.

stéphane
05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
why his coach decided not to play him since game2 ?

T Park
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
lol.

What does they weren't gonna win anyway gotta do with it???

He missed shootaround and is not going to be in the building!?!?

The guy is a waste of talent, and a joke.

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 06:55 PM
What a whiny baby, he doesnt like his coach, he crys about playing time... so he decides to not goto shootaround.. you showed them bozo

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Why does it make you so upset, he's not even on the Spurs?

T Park
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
uhh lol, not upset at all.

Dissapointed.

Dissapointed, in that I thought Bonzi had straigtened himself out, and had grown up and was gonna flourish out in Memphis. He is a fantastic player, and for 1 would be a great Spurs player.

Im dissapointed that a kid of that great of talent, just doesnt take advantage of it.

Its sad to a point.

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 07:00 PM
He needs to go to a team with a coach who can grab a hold of him and develop him.

A team that has a couple of All-Stars to guide him along to his full potential.

A team with a need for jump-shooting and mid-range game.

Know of any team like that?

FearDaFro
05-01-2005, 07:29 PM
He needs to go to a team with a coach who can grab a hold of him and develop him.

A team that has a couple of All-Stars to guide him along to his full potential.

A team with a need for jump-shooting and mid-range game.

Know of any team like that?

Um, "develop?" He'll be 30 next year. His skills aren't going to get any better.....

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 07:42 PM
How the hell can you take advantage of it when your toupee wearing dipshit of a coach won't even play you and runs out his white boy guards to get their asses kicked by Qrich and JJ?

It's not like they've been close in this series. When you're losing by 20, maybe you should think about playing a guy who physically matches up with one of the starters on the other team better than anyone you're trotting out there, instead of projecting personal issues between you the coach and him the player onto the whole team.

Just a thought. Like Barkley said - you can't run a team like Fratello's trying to run Memphis.

I'd be suprised if old toupee boy is back to coach them next year.

HB22inSA
05-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Um, "develop?" He'll be 30 next year. His skills aren't going to get any better.....
I'm not talking about basketball skills.

1Parker1
05-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Sorry to be the slow one, but what happened?

Bonzi missed the pre-game shootaround, so he's suspended for the game? Was the game in Memphis or Pheonix?

What a dumbass if he purposefully missed a PLAYOFF game...

exstatic
05-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I always thought Bonzi was just a bit out of control. I was wrong. He's a flat out mental case. Spitting on Ferry was the last straw. He needed some sort of structure when he got into the league. What he got was the Portland zoo.

ZStomp
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
http://ned.ucam.org/~rowenio/Pictures/thumb/bonzi_buddy.gif

This Bonzi buddy?

picnroll
05-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Grizzly players are all wearing armbands in support of Bonzi. Looks like the Czar may be going back to the telestrater soon.

infinite styles
05-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Well Bonzi was probably one of the few Memphis players that would have matched up well with Phoenix. Not saying that I support the move to ditch the team during the playoffs but I'd be pissed too. The Czar never really gave him a chance this series and before today Bonzi had been saying and doing all the right things even though you could tell he was burning up inside.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Bonzi didn't play in game 2 which is the one game they almost won. To bad that a grown man who plays a game for a living can't apply his gifts. What a collection they all had in Portland at the same time. Of course it was all Shareef's fault that it went to hell in a handbasket. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
foofida,

Both J. Williams and Mike Miller said before the game they agreed with Bonzi and supported him.

The whole team wore armbands in support of Bonzi.

Fratello better start brushing up on his telestrator skills.

infinite styles
05-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I think that Fratello was too far removed from the game to take over a job with a young team. Especially a team that followed Hubie so well.

picnroll
05-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Don't know Fratello but from a distance he strikes me as a hard ass who would not try to get close to or relate to his players. Pop's a hard ass but players know he cares about them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
foof,

I think you missed the part where I said that both JWill and MM said they were on Bonzi's side, and the entire team wore armbands in support of Bonzi.

That's not a pissed off renegade player, that's a pissed off *team*.

Fratello's gonezo.

T Park
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Id trade Brent Barry for Bonzi Wells in a new york minute.

ducks
05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
bye bye mike
maybe you can coach cavs

Samr
05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Damon Stoudemire must be in town

SuBZer0
05-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, I believe Hubie had him under control to some extent - but we all know about what happened. I'm not complaining though - Hubie's a pretty good broadcaster for ABC. Anyway, Bonzi really does need a strong coach as a mentor

picnroll
05-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Bonzi's in the last year with a team option on hs $8 million. He's gone.

T Park
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
id take the other half of a mid level, and sign him up.

picnroll
05-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Bonzi was being owned by Robinson when Spurs played the Grizz. Given a choice I think a year or two of Big Dog might be better than Wells. There should be a lot of options for MLE money.

Inspite of Whottt's enthusiasm I wonder if the Spurs are going to be trying to move Barry and fill some spots. Having to move Manu to the bench bottomline is a signal that the Barry experiment has been a failure. He was supposed to be the sixth man candidate now there trying to prop him up to get something out of him.

timvp
05-01-2005, 11:19 PM
No way Bonzi would ever be a Spur. He might officially be the last player in the NBA that could end up in SA.

pjjrfan
05-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I saw the game and I didn't see but two or three guys wearing those armbands. Anyway, my guess is that both of them will be gone next year. And maybe a couple of other guys. They definitly need another pt. guard.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 11:28 PM
If you think a team will jettison 3 of its top 4 players before canning its coach, you haven't been paying much attention to NBA ball.

T Park
05-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Id bring him in.

Do it Pop.

baseline bum
05-02-2005, 12:40 AM
No freaking way. Wells would never fit in this offense for the same reason Robinson doesn't... there's no room for post ups of anyone but Duncan. I wouldn't even have traded Hedo for Wells.

T Park
05-02-2005, 12:44 AM
I disagree, I think he is a good defender, and can knock down shots off the pick and rolls, and on kick outs.

Wells is one hell of a talent who thrived under Hubie.

Pop is the same way.

timvp
05-02-2005, 12:47 AM
That is one of the worst takes ever. Wells on the Spurs?

You must have forgotten the little Danny Ferry vs. Bonzi Wells episode. Ferry is still pissed at himself that he didn't strangle Wells when he had the chance.

Wells is one of the few players that Pop has called out. If you think there is any way that he ends up on the Spurs, you haven't watched closely enough over the years.

T Park
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Ferry would have to GTF over it.

If you don't think Bonzi Wells is one hell of a talent, and wouldn't help this team, you're nuts.

ggoose25
05-02-2005, 12:56 AM
bonzi wells has been a cancer on both the teams he's played for.

his talent is undisputable, but the spurs have shown they value character when selecting players and Bonzi is human trash.

T Park
05-02-2005, 01:17 AM
bonzi wells has been a cancer on both the teams he's played for.

That is what they said about Glenn Robinson too.

He hasn't caused problem 1.

Next.......

Obstructed_View
05-02-2005, 01:39 AM
No, Bonzi wasn't a cancer, that was Shareef Abdur Rahim. We all know Robinson's problems were George Karl's fault.

ggoose25
05-02-2005, 01:41 AM
i dont think Robinson ever spit on another player, flicked off a fan, and was accused of assault.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1113645621174850.xml&coll=7&thispage=2

you're right tpark, the spurs are going to jump on this guy because he's just been misunderstood. :rolleyes

T Park
05-02-2005, 01:47 AM
the spurs are going to jump on this guy because he's just been misunderstood.

Roll your eyes all you want.

The guy was a 20 point a game scorer in portland and can still be that same player.

He thrives in a high discipline enviroment.

timvp
05-02-2005, 03:11 AM
your wrong about that....latrell sprewell

:lmao

Dude, Pop loooooooooooves Latrell Sprewell. In fact, that's his favorite player in the NBA just about. He could actually be a Spur next season, though of course not too likely.

Hopefully you were joking.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 03:35 AM
timvp isn't joking. Pop loves Sprewell and has tried to get him in a Spurs uniform several times.

ZStomp
05-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Well, if Sprewell came....PJ will probably in NYC coaching..;)