View Full Version : Andray Blatche

Pelicans78
02-28-2010, 08:36 PM
36 pts, 15 boards.

Like Ovechkin, future superstar in D.C.

Discuss...

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
By no means is Washington the new Portland or OKC but McGee, Blatche and Foye is a solid group of players to start the rebuilding. Could be better but Washington isn't in the terrible shape everyone thought they were in.

DPG21920
02-28-2010, 08:43 PM
They still have Arenas' contract. Blatche has always done well in limited minutes. He was always a guy that people would say "I wonder if he will put it together". He looks good right now, but I wonder who you could put around him.

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
They still have Arenas' contract. Blatche has always done well in limited minutes. He was always a guy that people would say "I wonder if he will put it together". He looks good right now, but I wonder who you could put around him.

Yeah it's far from the ideal rebuilding project given Arenas' contract but it might not be as bad as originally thought. Foye was supposed to be one of the best players in his draft class but injuries slowed his development. Hopefully he's like Blatche and is just a late bloomer.

mavs>spurs2
02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I remember him raping us in a game earlier this year and thinking WTF

Killakobe81
02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
love it ...he carrying my fantasy team down the stretch ...funny thing is i thought lakers should bid for him with Ammo's expiring (him or nick young) i even posted that on LG ...but that was BEFORE he blew up ...now they would be crazy him Nick young and their lottery pick is a nice young core

TD 21
02-28-2010, 11:00 PM
What he's doing is predictable. Wait until next season when teams game plan for him and he becomes, other than Arenas, the focus of the defense. Then he'll revert to his usual maddeningly inconsistent self. He has All-Star talent, but he's a knucklehead and has all the makings of the type of guy who puts up numbers when there's no pressure. I'm skeptical he ever becomes a legitimate star, but he could prove to be a full time starter.

By the way, Ovechkin is a terrible comparison to make. I can't stand Ovechkin, but he's an all-time great in the making. Blatche, at best, will be an All-Star caliber player for a handful of seasons. Huge difference.

Chieflion
03-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Blatche is a solid player these days. His defense is solid, his offense is just awesome, he rebounds the ball. I hope I can catch another Wizards game soon.

kamikazi_player
03-01-2010, 02:48 AM
can't believe i traded him for al jefferson in my fantasy league.

jacobdrj
03-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Who knew Haywood would be the one holding AB back?

Chieflion
03-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Who knew Haywood would be the one holding AB back?

It's not Haywood. It was Antawn Jamison.

jacobdrj
03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Really? Wow. Never would have imagined that.

ShoogarBear
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
The only long-term hope for Blatche is if he gets out of Washington before the Curse of the Wizards overtakes him.

He's been amazing since they dumped their starting front line, but I find it difficult to believe that this is sustainable.