PDA

View Full Version : when amare was talkin smack to georgie

e20dylan
02-28-2010, 08:39 PM
we need a gif of that with georgie shakin his head

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Those were some big free throws. i think the announcers said we hit our last 7 free throws. thats not something you see very often

thispego
02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
E20dylan sighting!!! Uuuugggggghhhhbbhh!!!!!

e20dylan
02-28-2010, 08:59 PM
E20dylan sighting!!! Uuuugggggghhhhbbhh!!!!!

hahaha i like talking shit to kids on insidehoops.com bettter

boutons_deux
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
GH's super-cool answer was 2 FTs made.

spurs10
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Wonder if he was talking trash or just saying something in passing. You think somebody would have raised some hell if he trying to heckle Hill.

SPURSGOAT
02-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Amare was just trying to rattle Hill a little; I bet... of course Hill just answered with his two made free throws...

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
The commentators said that the NBA has made that illegal. Is that true?

DesignatedT
02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
The commentators said that the NBA has made that illegal. Is that true?

I was wondering the same thing. if so.. what is the penalty if they catch you doing it also...

ElNono
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
NBA Rulebook - Rule 4 (http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_4.html?nav=ArticleList)
Section XIV-Disconcertion of Free Throw Shooter
Disconcertion of the free throw shooter is any of the following:
a. During multiple free throw attempts which are not going to remain in play, an opponent may not, while located on the lane lines, be allowed to raise his arms above his head.
b. During any free throw attempt, an opponent in the game who is in the visual field of the free throw shooter, may not (1) wave his arms, (2) make a sudden dash upcourt, (3) talk to the free throw shooter, or (4) talk loudly in a disruptive manner.

ElNono
02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Then Amare wonders why he gets his dumb ass suspended...

e20dylan
02-28-2010, 09:41 PM
that shit was clutch as hell. hill has been slackin in clutch moments was good to see

TinTin
02-28-2010, 10:12 PM
So can we get that gif? I would like to save it to my spurstalk collection

davi78239
02-28-2010, 10:19 PM
It seems like for some reason, Hill is always an easy target for opposing teams talking smack. Last year in the playoffs, J.Ho blocked his shot from behind and started heckling George. Earlier this season, J. Will was talking smack to George when spurs played Jazz one of those times. Then today with Amare talking shit to him. Poor Georgie. What is it with him? He's not a rook anymore.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-28-2010, 10:23 PM
:td Amare should have gotten a T for that. Way to puss out, refs.

AnthonyM
02-28-2010, 10:24 PM
It seems like for some reason, Hill is always an easy target for opposing teams talking smack. Last year in the playoffs, J.Ho blocked his shot from behind and started heckling George. Earlier this season, J. Will was talking smack to George when spurs played Jazz one of those times. Then today with Amare talking shit to him. Poor Georgie. What is it with him? He's not a rook anymore.

They're reminding him not to finish too fast.

Cane
02-28-2010, 10:26 PM
What is it with him? He's not a rook anymore.

Good question. Maybe its because he's a pesky defender and/or doesn't really have recognition yet from other NBA players.

lennyalderette
02-28-2010, 10:29 PM

dont feel sorry for him thats an honor in the nba!! hill knows hes doing good when they start doing these things to him, because theyre trying to scare him so he wont get any better or be afraid to play aggresive. this means hes establishing himself as a legitimate threat, and theres one more person they have to worry about and take seriously which is why they try to snip it before, they get confident hence the block on hill then teasing him after thats to make him feel like hes still not good enough, but if hes smart he knows theyre worried about his presence already

:flag:

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-28-2010, 10:34 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/91eb8g.gif

caption time

Sisk
02-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Will the league fine him or anything?

lennyalderette
02-28-2010, 10:35 PM
just look at bonner no one worries about him when his shot is off, other than threes they dont feel threatend by him thats why they go straight for him, if you notice deron avoids hill, which is crazy. when theres a bunch of men in sports, the other teams only like you and dont get rowdy with you for two reasons 1) you just plain suck so .they could care less if you get a few points or 2.) your that good and they dont want to piss you off, ala kobe getting bj's by the opposing teams

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
and here is timmy after his "hard foul" on lopez :lol
http://i49.tinypic.com/25qydxh.gif

Bartleby
02-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Amare probably has a grudge because the Suns wanted to trade his ass for Hill and Blair.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Maybe I didn't read the rule correctly, but Georgie was at half court. Seems like you can say anything you want to a guy at that point.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2010, 10:53 PM
if the Spurs did that to the Suns a few years ago, there would have been outrage..good times..

Obstructed_View
02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
if the Spurs did that to the Suns a few years ago, there would have been outrage..good times..

That game was way too fuckin' nice. It's more fun when it gets chippy.

e20dylan
02-28-2010, 10:57 PM
its a good gif but it doesnt show georgies head shake as much. that was classic

LakerHater
02-28-2010, 11:04 PM
its a good gif but it doesnt show georgies head shake as much. that was classic

Yeah, thats what everyone wanted to see!!

gospursgojas
02-28-2010, 11:05 PM
George hill is a cool cat with the balls to sink 2 important ft...

Unlike amare in 05(I think?) When he got fouled, did some push-ups and then missed both freebies

Xylus
03-01-2010, 01:37 PM
George hill is a cool cat with the balls to sink 2 important ft...

Unlike amare in 05(I think?) When he got fouled, did some push-ups and then missed both freebies

You gotta let that shit go man. That happened a long ass time ago.

As for what Amare said to Hill, there's no telling. Hill's a young player and he lacks the confidence of a Ginobili or Parker, so Amare was probably just trying to shake his confidence a little. Plus, I don't think Amare violated any rule because Hill wasn't anywhere near the free throw line at that point.

Good clutch FT's by George though. I like his game.