PDA

View Full Version : Denver showed today why they will never win a championship

DazedAndConfused
02-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Make no mistake this team is TALENTED enough to win it all, but they lack something very specific that all championship teams must have. Mental toughness.

When the going gets tough, this team has consistently fallen apart due to an overall lack of basketball IQ from too many of their starters. Take today's game for example, the Nuggets were down 4 and just needed a score to make it a one possession game. JR Smith catches a rebound from 3 feet beyond the 3pt line. Instead of working the 24 second shot clock to find a good look he immediately chucks up a deep 3, clanks the shot, and effectively ends the game for Denver. Also, Carmello picks up a silly foul which ends up fouling him out of the game. Their supposed clutch leader Chauncey Billups made several errant passes and repeatedly got caught in mid-air with nobody to pass to.

This is why I laugh when faggot Mav/Sun/loser fans of teams who have never won shit keep thinking the Nuggets could actually win something. Spurs fans seem to know better, they probably realize exactly what I just stated. If you don't have mental toughness it doesn't matter how good you are, you will never win a championship.

Indazone
02-28-2010, 10:58 PM
This one is on the coach. Replace the coach with Phil Jackson and Denver wins.

ducks
02-28-2010, 11:02 PM
yeah denver is 2-1 against lakers and now denver can not beat the lakers

Findog
02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Make no mistake this team is TALENTED enough to win it all, but they lack something very specific that all championship teams must have. Mental toughness.

When the going gets tough, this team has consistently fallen apart due to an overall lack of basketball IQ from too many of their starters. Take today's game for example, the Nuggets were down 4 and just needed a score to make it a one possession game. JR Smith catches a rebound from 3 feet beyond the 3pt line. Instead of working the 24 second shot clock to find a good look he immediately chucks up a deep 3, clanks the shot, and effectively ends the game for Denver. Also, Carmello picks up a silly foul which ends up fouling him out of the game. Their supposed clutch leader Chauncey Billups made several errant passes and repeatedly got caught in mid-air with nobody to pass to.

This is why I laugh when faggot Mav/Sun/loser fans of teams who have never won shit keep thinking the Nuggets could actually win something. Spurs fans seem to know better, they probably realize exactly what I just stated. If you don't have mental toughness it doesn't matter how good you are, you will never win a championship.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

dirk4mvp
02-28-2010, 11:11 PM

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Goran Dragic
02-28-2010, 11:12 PM

himat
02-28-2010, 11:16 PM
We'll see in the playoffs.

It sounds like you are trying to justify your fears of the Denver Nuggets.

MavDynasty
02-28-2010, 11:37 PM

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Ghazi
02-28-2010, 11:38 PM

Will Hunting
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
JEFF!!!

lefty
02-28-2010, 11:44 PM

So it's still 2-1 Nuggets this seaon, right ?

Banzai
03-01-2010, 12:30 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/47/nospam.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3440)

Killakobe81
03-01-2010, 12:38 AM
It is 2-1 but many have said what the OP stated ...

redzero
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I think it says something about a team when they take an unnecessary 3 when they are only down four with over a minute left, get an offensive rebound, take another unnecessary 3, get another offensive rebound, and then take ANOTHER unnecessary 3.

21_Blessings
03-01-2010, 01:24 AM
The Lakers would need 5-6 games max to put their little mentally inept pet Denver in their place again.

Just another year of the Lakers steamrolling through the West.

DazedAndConfused
03-01-2010, 01:26 AM
I think it says something about a team when they take an unnecessary 3 when they are only down four with over a minute left, get an offensive rebound, take another unnecessary 3, get another offensive rebound, and then take ANOTHER unnecessary 3.

Pretty much sums up my opinion about the Nuggets.

Allanon
03-01-2010, 01:34 AM
WTF moments yet again for the Nuggets to close the game. They were only down 4 points with 2 minutes left but for whatever reason, they kept going for a "Dagger 3".

Down 4 with 2 minutes left ...
Billups jacks up a 3, miss
Affalo with a set 3, miss
JR Smith with a super long 3, miss

Billups pass to KMart (who wasn't ready), turnover

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-01-2010, 01:37 AM
:lmao @ Laker fans. first you say 'its only regular season blah blah', but now suddenly these games mean something?

Make up your freakin' minds :lol

Chieflion
03-01-2010, 01:38 AM
:lmao @ Laker fans. first you say 'its only regular season blah blah', but now suddenly these games mean something?

Exactly. Enjoy your regular season championship. /sarcasm

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-01-2010, 01:40 AM
You 4got one point......

Stern. Imagine the outcry if Kobe fouled out late in the 4th?!

21_Blessings
03-01-2010, 01:41 AM

None of these games changed anything. Denver was never beating LA in the playoffs in the first place. Everybody knows this.

redzero
03-01-2010, 01:42 AM

If the self-proclaimed "most complete point guard in the league" had any kind of self restraint, there wouldn't be a Lakers fan in sight on here.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-01-2010, 01:42 AM
None of these games changed anything. Denver was never beating LA in the playoffs in the first place. Everybody knows this.

Both Denver and Dallas could beat the Lakers in the playoffs, and they will if they end up facing the Lakers :toast

lil_penny
03-01-2010, 01:48 AM
next sunday it shall be lifted from your signature nuggets fan:toast

21_Blessings
03-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Both Denver and Dallas could beat the Lakers in the playoffs,

:lmao

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 02:51 AM

James David Manning
03-01-2010, 02:52 AM

redzero
03-01-2010, 02:56 AM
This shit is really childish.

Dre>Parker
03-01-2010, 03:05 AM
LA finally got a win against an elite team for the first time this season, and it only took Denver having their most inefficient game of the season....to win by a measly six points, at home. Not to mention some other 'extra curricular activities'....but I digress.

Whoopty fucking doo.

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 03:10 AM
LA finally got a win against an elite team for the first time this season, and it only took Denver having their most inefficient game of the season....to win by a measly six points, at home. Not to mention some other 'extra curricular activities'....but I digress.

Whoopty fucking doo.

Inefficient is being too nice. Denver was being their true selves especially in that 4th quarter. They showed their true identity when things aren't going their way. They lack mental toughness.

Sean Cagney
03-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Bahahhah at the idiots who say Dallas can beat LA in the playoffs now, are you idiots serious or just high as hell of your last win or your recent games? I mean seriously are you high as hell?

Dre>Parker
03-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Inefficient is being too nice. Denver was being their true selves especially in that 4th quarter. They showed their true identity when things aren't going their way. They lack mental toughness.

Yeah, because shooting 35% and committing 24 turnovers is our true identity.

The funny part is...again, we played about as bad as we could possibly ever play....and still only lost by six points, in LA. But I mean, whatever helps Lakers fans sleep at night.

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Yeah, because shooting 35% and committing 24 turnovers is our true identity.

The funny part is...again, we played about as bad as we could possibly ever play....and still only lost by six points, in LA. But I mean, whatever helps Lakers fans sleep at night.

When shit gets tough, the Nuggets don't respond well to it. Until they show me they have the mental toughness to handle adversity on a consistent basis, I am never going to acknowledge the nuggets as a true contender.

Oh and don't forget you had a major edge in free throws, Kobe and Gasol played like shit and they still won by 6 points.

James David Manning
03-01-2010, 03:22 AM
This shit is really childish.

God bless the Hornets son.

Dre>Parker
03-01-2010, 03:37 AM
When shit gets tough, the Nuggets don't respond well to it. Until they show me they have the mental toughness to handle adversity on a consistent basis, I am never going to acknowledge the nuggets as a true contender.

Oh and don't forget you had a major edge in free throws, Kobe and Gasol played like shit and they still won by 6 points.

Selective memory much? Lol I mean honestly, wtf are you talking about?

Just in the last game against the Lakers, in LA too, without Carmelo to boot....it was a tie game with about 5 minutes to go, and LA cracked under the pressure, as Denver went on to pound them for a 13 point win. Even in the first game....tie game at the half, Denver holds Kobe to a scoreless second half, blows them out by 30 points.

Same kind of situations took place against Cleveland, both times....San Antonio, both road games....a road game in Portland. And on and on and on. Overall the Nuggets are 7-3 in games decided by 3 pts or less. 4-0 in overtime.

Where exactly have they shown a lack of mental toughness in these close games against good teams? Please, point it out to me. I mean, if you're going to talk out of your ass, that's cool too....but don't try to get smart and make some retarded ass claim, when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Killakobe81
03-01-2010, 07:25 AM
LOL at the defensive replies ...
Don 't take these posts personal ...

you could say the same about almost any team that has a lot of talent but doesnt win it all ...people said the same about new Orleans before they won it all ...

proof is in the puddding (playoffs)

Bottomline is Denver has superior talent ...

BUT have a tendency to shrink a bit in the BIG games ...this season they have done well vs. the division winners...

BUT many think it's fools (nuggets gold) LOL

if it's any consolation dont trust Cavs role players either ...

JamStone
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
The collective basketball IQ of the Nuggets could be a detriment in the playoffs, especially in close games. But, then again, if the Nuggets blow out the Lakers in 4 of the 7 games of a playoff series like they did in the first two meetings this season, then it won't matter if they choke in close games in the other three because of lack of mental toughness.

The Gemini Method
03-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say yesterday's game was any strong indication that Denver doesn't have what it takes to win it all. It was merely one game in which the Lakers won by stepping up their physicality in the 2nd half and held the Nuggets to 36% shooting. The first two games were total domination by the Nuggets and though you can say these are the same Nuggets that the Lakers have faced before, they thoroughly took it to the defending champs esp. brutal considering one of the games they were w/o their superstar.

Killakobe81
03-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Yesterday was th FIRST game all season that BOTH teams had their starting lineups intact so ...this game was a far better indicator than the others ...

That being said ...if nuggs are hitting 3's not sure lakers can beat them when you ADD how aggresive they are at drawing fouls ...

Lakers HAVE to chase the Nuggs off teh 3 pt line ...

IF the nuggs make it to WCF I expect the same result a tough 4 game series with Game one being the key ...

But right now I think dallas is better equipped o make WCF ...

sefant77
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
And during night you dream that the Black Mamba should put his snake into ur butt and not into girls from Denver, huh?

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Yesterdays game didnt mean much but Denver did shoot poorly from 3 & lost. No surprises..Keep them from getting hot from three & it wont be a problem. They only have one big that can score in the paint consistently. LA dominated them in the paint yesterday.

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Btw Ron Ron is on diet & dropping 15-20 lbs to move quicker..Plus his foot issues are getting better. That crazy fucker is impressing me with his dedication.