honorable mentions:
Hairston getting PT, clutch defensive possessions
Bogans 11mins PT (in-spite start)
12 TOs
50% FG%
Mcdyess Slamajam
Jefferson's aggressiveness

P.S.
Say what you want bout the missed dunk giving us win. Spurs played their hearts out tonight, that's a start and what we need. Win is a win. Who's on the bandwagon for "Not bitching about little shit while your team is obviously trying to find a way to win"? So STFU and root for your team or quit posting. Better yet, stay in the NBA forum with all them other whiners and nonsensical bickering pussies.
:flag:

SenorSpur
02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
:tu

LoneStarState'sPride
02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Dude, this is ST.......haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine.

FWIW though, I'm with you on supporting the Spurs while they're playing their hearts out. We do need more of that shit in this forum.

Go Spurs Go! Eff the rest of the league.

Flux451
03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Dude, this is ST.......haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine.

true, just seems like a lot more of it has been present recently.

iManu
03-01-2010, 12:58 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/shaq-to-have-surgery-likely-out-until-playoffs.php

Shaq's out until playoffs. This is good news.

(Yes, I still have championship aspirations and NO I am not a retard.)

:cat

Siebzehn50
03-01-2010, 05:25 AM
I think people are underestimating this win because it was so close. The Suns played fantastic for the most part. Nash and (especially) Amare were playing above what they normally do. In spite of that we still won the game. That wouldn't be that much of an accomplishment for the Spurs in years past, but this year I'll take it. We showed heart and determination, the rotation was much better, our guys played great and we won the game.

Ice009
03-01-2010, 06:43 AM
I think people are underestimating this win because it was so close. The Suns played fantastic for the most part. Nash and (especially) Amare were playing above what they normally do. In spite of that we still won the game. That wouldn't be that much of an accomplishment for the Spurs in years past, but this year I'll take it. We showed heart and determination, the rotation was much better, our guys played great and we won the game.

Good post. I did notice the Suns were one of the hottest teams in the league the last few weeks and you are right Amare and Nash played great games yet we won it.

silverblk mystix
03-01-2010, 09:07 AM
i agree...there is another thread where people are unhappy that pop threw in hairston at a time which was meant for hairston to FAIL...

BUT i look at it positively...hairston was in pops mind..maybe he wants to give him some burn...

i am behind the team despite a lot of frustration...hoping they work it out in time...

JR3
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
the missed dunk it just as much a bonehead mistake as the terrible pass that lead to it. They wouldn't have even gotten a chance at that dunk if it wasn't for the gift of a pass. And what IF they would have converted that dunk? the most you can say is that the Spurs would have won by 1 instead of 3. Doesn't change the W. I liked the players we had on the floor yesterday. It was fun to watch. they played well... I am waiting for them to turn the corner too. Not giving up just yet.

LOL@MavsFan
03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
A W is a W...you are correct.

boutons_deux
03-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Pop didn't WANT MH to fail.

He selected MH to win in Malik's game-critical defensive substitution.

It's a huge positive that Pop did trust Malik in a critical situation.

Flux451
03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
the missed dunk it just as much a bonehead mistake as the terrible pass that lead to it. .

Exactly. People just put 100% merit on the last plays of the game. I believe a lot has to do with who is going have the ball in his hands and how clutch he is, but the game is won throughout the whole 48mins. It's just remember more so at the end of regulation in what plays decided the immediate outcome. It's all relative I guess. Either way, let's do this!!

GreasyJoe
03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Pop didn't WANT MH to fail.

He selected MH to win in Malik's game-critical defensive substitution.

It's a huge positive that Pop did trust Malik in a critical situation.

well said didnt think of it like that.:toast