PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Interview--Game 3

1Parker1
05-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Don’t let anything go »

Tony, last night was painful but you took care of the essential by winning in Denver, 86-78.

It feels good as we did not particularly played well. Despite everything, we end with a win and it is extremely positive. I would like to take my hat off to Manu Ginobili (32 points). He carried the team throughout the game, he played extremely well, was aggressive and was a key factor to our win. Robert Horry also proved decisive as he scored two 3 pointers towards the end of the game. Our bench was decisive and it is encouraging for Game 4 Tim (Duncan) and I did not perform that well last night.

All we can say is that last night was a true play-offs game with high octane intensity.

It was a big game between two teams that wanted to win at all cost. It was a true war. Finally, it went down the stretch on a few details with the two shots from Robert Horry. Denver managed to come back while we had a 10 points lead but thankfully for us, Robert kept his composure. Even if Denver was pushing to come back, we could keep our decisive advantage.

When Denver came back within 3 points in the fourth quarter, did you encounter any doubt ?

No, not really. To be honest, we did not have had the time to even doubt thanks to Robert! (Laughs). He intercepted the ball while we had gone back in defense; he was alone facing four players. No one from the Spurs was there to take the rebound but he did not hesitate a second and shot. It was incredible. It gave us the necessary boost towards the end of the game while Denver took a hit on that play and was a bit stunned.

As you mentioned earlier, this win was earned without a great performance from Tim Duncan who is often a must have for the team.

Yes, he shot 5/19 and worse was the fat that he was in foul trouble early with 3 fouls in the first half, reason why he did not play that much early. This is why that from Monday, we must wake up. If the entire answers to the call, we can leave Denver with a new win.

Just like Tim Duncan, you had a tough evening…

My shots were not going in. I am not going to say otherwise, but it upsets me. I fought hard all game long. As I was not in luck, I tried to compensate on the defensive side. Now, I am already looking forward to Game 4. Tonight wasn’t my night, but I hope Monday will be better.

Tony, the essential is that San Antonio won, putting aside your personal performances.

Yes, we do not care about personal stats and this is what is good during the playoffs, only the win counts. The most important is to know that San Antonio will advance in the play-offs.

Carmelo Anthony was ejected with 22 seconds to play on a flagrant foul on Manu Ginobili. Should we expect a penalty from the NBA ?

No, I think not. Like his teammates, he was frustrated. The match was over for them and he made a mistake. He hit Manu but I think he will be there for Game 4. The NBA should not penalize him.

Before returning to San Antonio, a new victory in Denver would be welcome…

We must continue with the same envy, not let anything go. Up to us to show we are the real bosses of this series. We must continue to make Denver doubt.

LilMissSPURfect
05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
bull melo and co. shouldn't be penalized...

if bowen did that to melo or any other headband wearing freak there would be no questions of doubt

:angel

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 07:51 PM
too many words.. ahh

1Parker1
05-01-2005, 07:55 PM
too many words.. ahh

???

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
a joke?

td4mvp21
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Seriously if Bowen did that to someone, it would be ALL OVER the news. I don't see why Melo shouldn't get suspended. IMO, Martin and Buckner should too. They all took part in an INTENTIONAL hard foul. Melo did it on purpose, and so did Martin and Buckner. Why do you think not a single one of them argued the call?

SpursFanDan
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
He should be fined atleast. But i agree with you.. if bowen did that, there would be so many crybabies..(allen, carter, kobe) coming out of the wood work to say... "see i told you he was a dirty player, now do you believe me"

*goes to play the worlds smallest violin*

missmyzte
05-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Look at Tony giving all kinds of props to Horry.

Manu20
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
He should be fined atleast. But i agree with you.. if bowen did that, there would be so many crybabies..(allen, carter, kobe) coming out of the wood work to say... "see i told you he was a dirty player, now do you believe me"

*goes to play the worlds smallest violin*

I think kobe has never said anything about Bowen. But I agree with you on Allen and Carter.

Parker and Duncan will have huge games tomorrow night.

TMTTRIO
05-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Let's just hope that they don't injure him seriously trying to stop him tommorow night :(

Solid D
05-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Manu and Tony and Robert have all taken the high road in their post game 3 interviews. Physical play, yes, but that's all a part of the playoffs.

Solid D
05-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Chuck Mikitinec on Channel 11 News reported tonight that Carmelo said today his "only regret was that he didn't do it (clobber Manu) sooner."

timvp
05-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, Carmelo doesn't sound too sorry. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14774)

Manu20
05-01-2005, 09:19 PM
``I just got tired of seeing him get to the hole,'' Anthony said. ``He was getting to the hole too easy. I wish I could have done it earlier in the game instead of later on. It wasn't anything personal, it was just a hard foul.''

:flipoff Carmelo

Solid D
05-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks, timvp. Didn't see the complete quote.