PDA

View Full Version : sons props to the Mavs for their victory over my boys in creole blue tonight!

BRHornet45
03-01-2010, 12:44 AM
sons I was unable to watch the game due to business, but congrats to the Mavericks! I see that we played poorly for most of the game, however we made somewhat of a comeback at the end. CP3 can't come back soon enough! God bless each and everyone of you and your families tonight.

mavsfan1000
03-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Collison is looking like quite a player. Though that might have to do with Kidd guarding him most the game. A Paul/Collison combination would be fun to watch.

pking
03-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Yea Collison looked good.

Stupid stat padding three at the end of the game though. I hate when players do that shit.

Findog
03-01-2010, 12:57 AM
So who do the Hornets trade? Collison or CP3? You trade CP3 for the tax relief, or you trade Collison because he's a stud and a valuable trading commodity. Having Collison back up CP3 is like a Mercedes backing up a Rolls Royce. You can flip that Mercedes for a yacht or something and get a Honda Accord to backup the Rolls.

redzero
03-01-2010, 01:00 AM
So who do the Hornets trade? Collison or CP3? You trade CP3 for the tax relief, or you trade Collison because he's a stud and a valuable trading commodity. Having Collison back up CP3 is like a Mercedes backing up a Rolls Royce. You can flip that Mercedes for a yacht or something and get a Honda Accord to backup the Rolls.

The Hornets should trade the face of the franchise because a rookie is playing well. Aw shit, that's a great idea. You want to be the GM of the Hornets when Bower is fired?

BRHornet45
03-01-2010, 01:00 AM
CP3 isn't going anywhere

Hornets1
03-01-2010, 01:01 AM

:lol:lol:lol Good one finny! :toast:toast

Good game by the mavs!:toast

W/out B.Scott coaching, I'm finally able to take positives from a loss.

-The Rooks played Great!
-W/ out Paul, they showed a lot of balls fighting back to make it 97-101

Findog
03-01-2010, 01:02 AM
The Hornets should trade the face of the franchise because a rookie is playing well. Aw shit, that's a great idea. You want to be the GM of the Hornets when Bower is fired?

I didn't say that. I said they should trade one of them. Collison has All-Star ability and he's only a rookie. He would be wasted playing 10 mpg behind Paul. You can flip him for another asset that would make the Hornets a better team...or you trade Paul for the tax relief since the Hornets can't build a quality team around a max player like that.

You should be the GM of the Hornets so Collison can play 10 mpg behind Paul for the next three years.

DJ Mbenga
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
CP3 isn't going anywhere

why not? when cp3 comes back collison will rot in the bench.

Will Hunting
03-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Considering CP3 just had surgery to remove a knee ligament idk why it's such a smart thing to trade Collison and keep CP3.

Hornets1
03-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Finny is talking about trading collison to get another quality player and a less-talented backup for CP3

EDIT: Beat me to it

redzero
03-01-2010, 01:05 AM
W/out B.Scott coaching, I'm finally able to take positives from a loss.

Except the fact that Team Flower is still not letting Okafor play in the last five minutes of close games.

Findog
03-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Paul is to the Hornets what Kobe is to the Lakers, Dirk to the Mavs, Howard to the Magic, etc...so if he's not going anywhere, then they should trade Collison when he's putting up 24 points and 8 dimes per game as a rookie and is only going to get better.

Mavs were in a similar situation when they had Dale Ellis backing up Mark Aguirre, but they practically gave Ellis away. If the Hornets aren't going to trade CP3 for financial considerations (picks, cap space and young players), then they're wasting having a valuable asset sit on the bench.

BRHornet45
03-01-2010, 01:07 AM
why not? when cp3 comes back collison will rot in the bench.

Collison is good, but still just a rookie. his selfish style of playing will not lead this team to the playoffs. we are like 7-9 with him as the starter. he turns the ball over WAY too much. regardless with him being a rookie it is too hard to tell, but to worry about his playing time whenever Paul comes back is silly. plus do you remember when we had Pargo? he has a very similar playing style as Collison and the two are roughly the same size. That year the Hornets played both Paul and Pargo on the floor at the same time at some point nearly every game. The same could be done with Paul and Collison, BUT Thornton is a much better option at the 2 guard than Collison.

Findog
03-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I'd trade Roddy B and cap relief to NOLA for Collison and one of their bad contracts.

BRHornet45
03-01-2010, 01:09 AM
sons I'm just happy that Byron Scott is out of the picture because we would have never seen either of our rookies play this season. (other than the final minutes of blowout games)

Donkeybong
03-01-2010, 01:14 AM
hornet's fans. would you consider bynum for cp3?

redzero
03-01-2010, 01:15 AM

I'm sorry, but not every franchise is like Memphis.

mavsfan1000
03-01-2010, 01:15 AM
lol That would be a terrible trade.

Findog
03-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Collison is good, but still just a rookie. his selfish style of playing will not lead this team to the playoffs. we are like 7-9 with him as the starter. he turns the ball over WAY too much. regardless with him being a rookie it is too hard to tell, but to worry about his playing time whenever Paul comes back is silly. plus do you remember when we had Pargo? he has a very similar playing style as Collison and the two are roughly the same size. That year the Hornets played both Paul and Pargo on the floor at the same time at some point nearly every game. The same could be done with Paul and Collison, BUT Thornton is a much better option at the 2 guard than Collison.

You are right about that - he had 35 points to only 3 assists and he had two costly turnovers after the Hornets cut it to 4. Of course, you have to admit that the kid's got skills and was a big part of why the Hornets came back. He just needs to work on his court vision and being more of a facilitator instead of always looking for his shot. He has a chance to be something really special.

badfish22
03-01-2010, 01:19 AM
ship CP3 and West out for young talent and draft picks, then build around Thornton, Collison and whatever you get back in trade. Collison has things to work on, but will be great in a couple years.

Will Hunting
03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
ship CP3 and West out for young talent and draft picks, then build around Thornton, Collison and whatever you get back in trade.

This is what I'd do. The CP3 show peaked in 2008 and is only gonna get worse and worse every year.

redzero
03-01-2010, 01:24 AM
This is what I'd do. The CP3 show peaked in 2008 and is only gonna get worse and worse every year.

Really? And why is that?

4>0rings
03-01-2010, 01:25 AM
No ref smack?

Findog
03-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Really? And why is that?

I can't find the link, but some orthopedic surgeon was talking in generalities about the type of injury and surgery CP3 had, and said eventually down the line it's going to be bone on bone in that knee without cartilage.

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 02:56 AM
CP3 isn't going anywhere

Son you are shipping Cp3 to Boston for Rondo/fillers. Co-sign on that motherfucking shit!:lobt2:

Pelicans78
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I can't find the link, but some orthopedic surgeon was talking in generalities about the type of injury and surgery CP3 had, and said eventually down the line it's going to be bone on bone in that knee without cartilage.

That will probably happen when he gets older in his 30s, 40s, etc, but I believe CP3 had his cartilage repaired, not removed meaning he may have cartilage in his knee.

Pelicans78
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Also, I give Mavs their due respect for this win. Can't expect to win a game allowing easy layups and not double-teaming Dirk. Mavs were the better team and deserved to win.