PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol with the most idiotic statement in the history of basketball

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 12:32 PM
"We have to step it up a notch here in order to be successful down the road and not come down to the wire every single time," Gasol said, "because we're never going to get the benefit of the doubt on calls."

The other 29 teams and everyone who guards Kobe just filed a protest to the office of You've Got to be Kidding Me, but Gasol isn't the first athlete to cry foul about fouls

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/02/28/lakers.nuggets/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

A member of the Los Angeles Fucking Lakers crying that all calls go against them? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard..the NBA should fine him for saying this..it's not even funny, it's just disgusting..

Especially him, he probably gets more calls than any other Laker with his flailing and verbal flops..

The Gemini Method
03-01-2010, 12:54 PM
It seems Pau has been taking lessons from Phil Jackson...well, at least attempting to bade the league into calling more fouls his way haha.

IronMexican
03-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I think it's a Spain thing. Remember in the Olympics when they were crying over everything?

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 12:55 PM
You can feel the racism in his words too..any time he speaks..

The Gemini Method
03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I bet he was slanting his eyes as he made this comment...

dirk4mvp
03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Not getting any calls is probably why he couldn't win 1 playoff game as the #1 guy either.

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Pau Gasol = Phil Jackson..No wonder Phil likes him so much. If he starts playing like he did last year he can say whatever the fuck he wants lmao

nkdlunch
03-01-2010, 01:33 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100228/capt.ed66b62f57894b179153377dce9e74a4.nuggets_lake rs_basketball_cadm108.jpg

mavs>spurs2
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
pau gasol has got to be the world's biggest 7 foot vagina..i swear i'd love to kick the shit out of him in real life. just looking at the guy pisses me off for some reason

lurker
03-01-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't think this is as bad as Lebron saying that he doesn't get the benefit of the calls even though he's taken 618 fta this season and averages only 1.7 fouls per game.

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Sons, Lebron in the finals = D.Wade 2006 all over again

DJ Mbenga
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
if he is speaking about yesterdays game god bless him but of the season not so much. last afternoon was sad.

ForeignFan
03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
pau gasol has got to be the world's biggest 7 foot vagina..i swear i'd love to kick the shit out of him in real life. just looking at the guy pisses me off for some reason

I completely agree. I have never seen him smile, never heard him make a joke or whatever. Great player but looks like a real pain

badfish22
03-01-2010, 03:18 PM
pau gasol has got to be the world's biggest 7 foot vagina..i swear i'd love to kick the shit out of him in real life. Just looking at the guy pisses me off for some reason

+1.

lefty
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
He is right. The league have purposely lessened the calls in favor of the Lakers to make the games more competitive.
http://media.fukung.net/images/14676/17a9648172983c68823e3b78dcc5be7e..jpg

Johnny RIngo
03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Pretty annoying how guys like Gasol and Garnett have turned into enormous douchebags after winning their first championships. Must be all the pent-up frustration from losing all those years.

JamStone
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I hope he doesn't get another call the rest of the season. What a bitch.

But as someone else mentioned, comparatively, Kobe and the Lakers don't get the types of calls or favorable non-calls like LeBron does. There are a few other good teams and star players that might get more calls than the Lakers as well. But, why would you even make that statement. Pau might as well go to amateur night at a strip club and drop his pants. Fucking vagina.

Kamnik
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Holy shit, this guy doesn't just look like a pussy, he is one.

vander
03-01-2010, 05:34 PM
He is right. The league have purposely lessened the calls in favor of the Lakers to make the games more competitive.

until the last 2 minutes... :wakeup

TIMMYD!
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
A Laker should NEVER whine about calls.

Allanon
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm a fucking coward

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4110682&postcount=82

Allanon- There's a date and time on it if I edited it now. I can specifically find the post where I said he was a "role player" FIRST.

You take the bet or not you pussy shit?

Mono - Ok I take that bet.

Allanon - I showed you where "role player" was. I won.

Change your sig to "I'm Allanon's bitch", Mono. :lol

bostonguy
03-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Gasol needs to watch film from last season. I was such a fan of him last year because of how he changed. He was consistent and playing balls out. He was constantly aggressive. I am only seeing Gasol doing that in spurts this season. He needs to be aggressive and play with fire more consistently.

mogrovejo
03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
It seems Pau has been taking lessons from Phil Jackson...well, at least attempting to bade the league into calling more fouls his way haha.

Yeah, I was going to write this, Jackson is probably the biggest whiner in the history of the league. What's exactly the surprise?

daslicer
03-01-2010, 06:16 PM
And this illustrate one of my many points on another thread on why I consider this guy to be a straight up faggot. You know what I absolutely hate this guy even moreso then Kobe if there was one player I could knock the shit out of he would be it.

gm5k
03-01-2010, 06:30 PM
lol bball fans turning jealousy into hate

Ditty
03-01-2010, 06:50 PM
fuck gasoft

overrated piece of ****

Dro210
03-01-2010, 06:58 PM
hahahhahaha... wtf

is this another onion article?

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
When you look at Kobe Bryant you get a whistle..

DazedAndConfused
03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/02/28/lakers.nuggets/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

A member of the Los Angeles Fucking Lakers crying that all calls go against them? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? :lmao

You are a dickless faggot who will never EVER get laid by a beautiful woman.

And a Mav fan.

Josepatches_
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I completely agree. I have never seen him smile, never heard him make a joke or whatever. Great player but looks like a real pain

You didn't see him a lot.

He's very different when he's not on the court.

Anyway it's sad to complain of the refs when you are a Laker.I can expect that from Kobe but it doesn't have sense when you had been playing in Memphis.

namlook
03-01-2010, 08:15 PM
The numbers don't lie. You generally get the benefit of calls at home and the Nuggets were given 33 FTs to 21 for the Lakers.

Kobe is 12th in the league in FT's attempted. Vastly inferior players like Kevin Martin and Gerald Wallace go to the line more.

Marc Gasol shoots more FTs per game than Pau. Kevin Love gets almost the same amount of FTs as Pau, 5.0 vs 5.1 a game.

picc84
03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Its funny hearing Pau talk any shit this year. His vagina has been blown open like Gianna Michaels all season but he's the guy on the team running his mouth the most. If the NBA was Oz he would be Tobias Beecher.

Dro210
03-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Some people need to stop reading box scores and watch the games

Lakers play a finesse game, that's why the numbers are low. Kobe is not an aggressive driver, but I'd be willing to bet he gets more calls on jumpshots than anybody in the league (and yes, part of that is because he takes a lot of jumpers). Gerald Wallace drives a ton, and he gets hacked on offensive rebound putbacks. Kevin Martin's game is heavily reliant on getting to the line, so he makes an effort to do so every game. Kevin Love plays physical underneath, Pau doesn't, same with Marc.

namlook
03-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Lakers play a finesse game, that's why the numbers are low. Kobe is not an aggressive driver, but I'd be willing to bet he gets more calls on jumpshots than anybody in the league (and yes, part of that is because he takes a lot of jumpers). Gerald Wallace drives a ton, and he gets hacked on offensive rebound putbacks. Kevin Martin's game is heavily reliant on getting to the line, so he makes an effort to do so every game. Kevin Love plays physical underneath, Pau doesn't, same with Marc.

Ok then that means you are agreeing with Pau, that the Lakers won't get the calls.

Artest is as physical of a player as there is in the league, he frequently posts up in the paint and takes the ball hard to the rim and he isn't in the top 50 for FTs.

Dro210
03-01-2010, 08:47 PM
No, I'm saying you're an idiot for trying to prove his point with FTA numbers.... style of play dictates those numbers.

namlook
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
No, I'm saying you're an idiot for trying to prove his point with FTA numbers.... style of play dictates those numbers.

And you're an idiot for not realizing you agreed with Pau (although probably for different reasons).

Pau: The Lakers won't get the calls

You: The Lakers don't get calls because they play a finesse game

DOH.

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
^that's not agreement at all. Pau is saying the refs are biased against the Lakers, which is fucking stupid. kill yourself lakerfan.

san antonio spurs
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Whoever said Pau is the biggest 7footer vagina... Shaq begs to differ. Pau is close second though (Is Garnett 7ft? if so... Pau is third)

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
You can feel the racism in his words too..any time he speaks..

I would love to hear your justification for this post. Please show me racist comments attributed to Pau. And please don't bring up the BS "team" pic from the olympics. I'm guessing you cannot.

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM
And please don't bring up the BS "team" pic from the olympics.

:lol I agree, racism is bad unless it's done towards Asians. Then it's just BS.

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
:lol I agree, racism is bad unless it's done towards Asians. Then it's just BS.

One team pic... that was already explained a bizillion times for morons such as yourself, does not define a person or his beliefs. These comments are more about Laker hatred than anything else. It consumes and torments all of you and that makes it sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet for us Laker fans.

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
One team pic... that was already explained a bizillion times for morons such as yourself, does not define a person or his beliefs

So if tomorrow the US Hockey team decided to paint themselves in blackface and take a team picture like that, it wouldn't reflect badly on them?

mogrovejo
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Kobe is 12th in the league in FT's attempted. Vastly inferior players like Kevin Martin and Gerald Wallace go to the line more.

Bryant
% jump-shots: 77%
%inside shots: 23%

Wallace
% jump-shots: 43%
% inside shots: 57%

And Kobe is shooting more FTs than Martin this season.

It's bizarre the number of fouls Kobe draws when he rarely drives or attacks the rim. You'd have a hard time trying to find another jump-shooter who draws so many fouls like Kobe.

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM
So if tomorrow the US Hockey team decided to paint themselves in blackface and take a team picture like that, it wouldn't reflect badly on them?

Would it reflect on the team as doing something idiotic. Yes. Would it determine that every player in the pic was racist. NO.

Would it justifying idiots like you and Harlem saying Pau "is" a racist and that many things comming out of his mouth have the feeling of racism. Not even slightly. That can all be attributed to the Laker hatred that consumes you.

Nice try.

picc84
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
You'd have an even harder time finding someone who gets played as close as Kobe does on the perimeter. He gets fouled on the perimeter because everyone knows he's not driving so they can push up on him.

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Would it reflect on the team as doing something idiotic. Yes. Would it determine that every player in the pic was racist. NO.

So engaging in racist behavior isn't racist?

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Bryant
% jump-shots: 77%
%inside shots: 23%

Wallace
% jump-shots: 43%
% inside shots: 57%

And Kobe is shooting more FTs than Martin this season.

It's bizarre the number of fouls Kobe draws when he rarely drives or attacks the rim. You'd have a hard time trying to find another jump-shooter who draws so many fouls like Kobe.

Probably equal to about the same number of jump-shooters who put the work in and develop that part of their game.

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:36 PM
So engaging in racist behavior isn't racist?

No

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:37 PM
No

:lmao

djohn2oo8

:lol What the hell kind of logic is that?

monosylab1k
David Duke isn't racist! He just engaged in racist behavior!

djohn2oo8
03-01-2010, 09:38 PM
No

Ok, enough with the sarcasm

djohn2oo8
David Duke isn't racist! He just engaged in racist behavior!

monosylab1k
http://shannynmoore.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kkk.gif
"We're not racist, we just engage in racist behavior!"

Dro210
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Laker fans never disappoint

Goran Dragic
03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
http://shannynmoore.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kkk.gif
"We're not racist, we just engage in racist behavior!"

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM

So you tell me... lets take the spanish team pic as an example.

Your standing there as a team. Someone says... lets do the eye thing...as a joke. You go along in the spur of the moment. You realize afterward it was probably not the smartest or most sensitive move even though it was meant as a joke. After being shown that others are offended you realize you made a mistake and the joke was taken in another light. You feel terrible about the slight and offer an apology.

Now your a racist?

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
LOL Gobble, gobble, gobble..

djohn2oo8
03-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Your standing there as a team. Someone says... lets do the eye thing...as a joke. You go along in the spur of the moment. You realize afterward it was probably not the smartest or most sensitive move even though it was meant as a joke. After being shown that others are offended you realize you made a mistake and the joke was taken in another light. You feel terrible about the slight and offer an apology.

Now your a racist?

Are you really blaming peer pressure????

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I sure hope you guys don't carry too many stones in those glass houses you live in.

monosylab1k
03-01-2010, 09:47 PM

Now your a racist?

http://captainoftheussinevitable.ytmnd.com/

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
http://aceboogielrgjunkie.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/whitepower.jpg

IronMexican

You calling me a chicken?

monosylab1k

All the cool kids were being racist too! Pau just wanted to be cool!

san antonio spurs
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
http://captainoftheussinevitable.ytmnd.com/

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/pooping-turkey.jpg

cobbler
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM

No. It was a hypothetical. My point was that one action, especially one ill thought out one explained as a joke, regardless of how tasteless, DOES NOT DEFINE A PERSON and his moral and ethical beliefs. It's not rocket science. It doesn't require analytical skills. It's plain common sense. Ohhhh... that explains a lot.

Cleveland Steamer
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Pau's only racist against the chinese. doesn't count.

Allanon
03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm a coward that runs when I lose a bet

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4110682&postcount=82

Allanon- There's a date and time on it if I edited it now. I can specifically find the post where I said he was a "role player" FIRST.

You take the bet or not you pussy shit?

Mono - Ok I take that bet.

Allanon - I showed you where "role player" was. I won.

Change your sig to "I'm Allanon's bitch", Mono. :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
All the cool kids were being racist too! Pau just wanted to be cool!

:rollin

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:01 PM
:rollin

Im still waiting for all the quotes you say make you "feel" that Pau is a racist. What? You have nothing other than the olympic picture? So you are admittiing you made it all up? Come on Harlem... you made the comment. Back it up.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Im still waiting for all the quotes you say make you "feel" that Pau is a racist. What? You have nothing other than the olympic picture? So you are admittiing you made it all up? Come on Harlem... you made the comment. Back it up.

The "feel like a racist" part was clearly a joke, based on the fact that Gasol is a proven racist..

Are you telling me that taking a picture with slanted eyes in a clear and admitted attempt to imitate Asian people isn't racist? seriously?..

So if I took a picture and painted my face black while eating fried chicken and watermelon and made it available to the public, that wouldn't be racist?..

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM
The "feel like a racist" part was clearly a joke, based on the fact that Gasol is a proven racist..

Are you telling me that taking a picture with slanted eyes in a clear and admitted attempt to imitate Asian people isn't racist? seriously?..

I never said that. Show me where I did.

I said it was a mistake and doesnt define the person as a racist. One stupid act does not define a person. You have been insinuating in numerous posts that he has shown other aspects to being a racist other than the one pic. As shown by your "feel" post.

Ohhhh soooo now the "feel like a racist" was a joke. Nice backpeddle there. I guess now according to your logic... you should be labled a liar. Funny how whenever I call you out to prove your boasts... you never have the goods. There is always an excuse...

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I never said that. Show me where I did.

I said it was a mistake and doesnt define the person as a racist. One stupid act does not define a person.

Ohhhh soooo now the "feel like a racist" was a joke. Nice backpeddle there. I guess now according to your logic... you should be labled a liar. Funny how whenever I call you out to prove your boasts... you never have the goods.

LOL clearly it was a joke, what would I have misinterpreted that could have made me make a comment like that in a serious way?..

I always mention Gasol being racist when he's involved in a thread, because it's disgusting..it's 2010, Gasol still believes it's 1945..look at that beard he has, very old-fashioned..racist..

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
LOL clearly it was a joke, what would I have misinterpreted that could have made me make a comment like that in a serious way?..

I always mention Gasol being racist when he's involved in a thread, because it's disgusting..it's 2010, Gasol still believes it's 1945..look at that beard he has, very old-fashioned..racist..

Keep reaching.... Damn you can backpeddle faster than the Spurs record.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
How is it NOT racist?..tell me please..

Why do you condone racism, btw?..

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Yet ill bet i can find numerous posts you have made on here about Calderon, Marc Gasol, or Rudy F. and not see one racist comment. Yeah, that's right, fueled by the obsession! :lol

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
How is it NOT racist?..tell me please..

Why do you condone racism, btw?..

What is it your are not getting?

Have you ever in your life told a racist joke? Have you ever told a sexist joke? Have you ever participated in anything that was considered off color?

We all have and so have you. For anyone to label your personality and define you as a person based on said casual and rare activity is not at all accurate. Again, it's common sense.

But as usual, when you cannot back your comments, then its just an "ok" joke or some excuse from you.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Wait..so taking the time to participate in a team photo where everybody admits that they're imitating Asian people by making fun of their looks and then releasing it to the public so billions of Asian people can get offended is "just a joke" LOL..

you're actually comparing this to somebody making a joke?..please..

He's a racist, he plays for your team..just accept it..being a racist is really bad and pathetic, but at least he's not committing any crimes or anything, so you don't have to feel that bad for cheering for him..it's not like you're cheering for a rapist or anything..

Chieflion
03-01-2010, 10:35 PM
First of all, I don't feel particularly happy about the Spanish team making that photo because they reek of racism towards Asians, where I come from. There is no proof that the team is not racist but that photo is proof that they are racist.

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Wait..so taking the time to participate in a team photo where everybody admits that they're imitating Asian people by making fun of their looks and then releasing it to the public so billions of Asian people can get offended is "just a joke" LOL..

you're actually comparing this to somebody making a joke?..please..

He's a racist, he plays for your team..just accept it..being a racist is really bad and pathetic, but at least he's not committing any crimes or anything, so you don't have to feel that bad for cheering for him..it's not like you're cheering for a rapist or anything..

Now you are just stooping to absurd levels. Which again, is what you do when you make claims you cannot prove.

HarlemHeat... the "proven slanderer and liar".

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
LMAO at you guys butthurt for some little bullshit like that..So every comedian is a racist these days I guess. GTFO with little shit like that making you a racist

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
What the hell is this guy talking about?..there's a photo on the internet that SHOWS that Pau Gasol is a racist..what else do I have to prove?..do a quick google search and you're good..

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1560/spanishbasketballteam.jpg

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
What the hell is this guy talking about?..there's a photo on the internet that SHOWS that Pau Gasol is a racist..what else do I have to prove?..do a quick google search and you're good..
:lmao Cool story bro.

cobbler
03-01-2010, 10:48 PM
First of all, I don't feel particularly happy about the Spanish team making that photo because they reek of racism towards Asians, where I come from. There is no proof that the team is not racist but that photo is proof that they are racist.

It's proof of a stupid mistake made by a bunch of individuals and nothing more. Are some of those who took place racist? I have no doubt. Are many not? I have no doubt about that either. That one picture or incident does not define the individual persons anymore than the times you or I made a racist, nationality, or homesexual comment or joke.

Lighten up

Hemotivo
03-01-2010, 11:26 PM
it's just disgusting..

Especially him, he probably gets more calls than any other Laker with his flailing and verbal flops..

ElNono
03-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Did he cry after he said that? Fucking pussy.