PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Mystery of J.R. Smith’s New Tattoos

duncan228
03-01-2010, 02:26 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tsn/52/fullj.2f9957e07ac429ef2060545f1dfe1f36/tsn-insidethemysteryofjr0.jpg?x=225&y=280&xc=1&yc=1&wc=225&hc=280&q=100&sig=PhM1HuAIg2ZmIbiZltYuKQ--

Inside the Mystery of J.R. Smith’s New Tattoos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-insidethemysteryofjr&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

If you’ve watched either of the Nuggets’ nationally televised games in the last week, you’ve probably seen J.R. Smith’s new red star tattoos on his neck. At first, observers on Twitter thought he was possibly bleeding from the neck, which somehow made sense for a player who has a unique conception of what constitutes a good or bad shot.

So congratulations, J.R.: after years of effort, you’ve finally found the tattoo that best represents your style of play.

The ink is so great, in fact, that we had to find out more. Our intern Chris Stieber exchanged e-mails with Joe Ink, proprietor of My Life Tattoos (http://mylifetattooz.com/home.html) and the artist who worked on Smith. Here’s what he had to say:

As far as what exactly the new tattoo is, it’s actually just additions to the tats we started back in November. We colored in and added some stars to his neck. We did "Family" on one side of the neck and "First" on the other side. We did the "Young Money" logo in the middle of his neck under his chin. And we did the "Autobots" logo with "Live Now" under it on one side of his neck, and we did the "Decepticons" logo with "Die Later" under it on the other side. Just recently we went back and added some red stars to fill in the space and we colored in the "family First" with red as well.

So, just to clarify, these tattoos are all of a piece, some sort of Transformers-themed celebration of family, living life to its fullest, and Lil Wayne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Money_Entertainment) (?). What does it all mean, Joe?

As far as the meanings go, that’s something you’d have to discuss with him.
Clearly.

For now, we will just have to guess. Leave your best ideas in the comments.

The Gemini Method
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Well, that cleared up some confusion I had watching yesterday's game...

in2deep
03-01-2010, 02:59 PM
he looks like Freddy Krugger

The Gemini Method
03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I swore the Cavs/Nuggs game a few weeks ago was like watching hieroglyphics running up and down the court. The Nuggs are #1 in skin covered in ink while the Cavs are #2 in that department...

Sigz
03-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Why the fuck would you want that ink shit all over your fucking neck?

What a homo.

mfanatic
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Because he is a black man, almost all black men have tattoos all over their bodies, just look at the NBA. Birdman obviously missed the memo..

HornetLoveJones
03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
who cares about his tattoos

certainly not the guy he killed

rAm
03-01-2010, 05:34 PM
He is part of young money, you can see him in the Bedrock video towards the end:

Ha80ZaecGkQ

j.dizzle
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Sons serious question..Why do a grip of athletes, rappers, musicians, etc think covering 90% of their upper bodies with tats looks good? It looks god damn disgusting..Do they really think that shit will be cool when they're 50 years old & their kids are grown up & get to see that? Most of these fools look like a 5 year old grabbed a box of crayons & just scribbled shit all over their arms lmao.

Dro210
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
It's basically all blood related

TheManFromAcme
03-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Sons serious question..Why do a grip of athletes, rappers, musicians, etc think covering 90% of their upper bodies with tats looks good? It looks god damn disgusting..Do they really think that shit will be cool when they're 50 years old & their kids are grown up & get to see that? Most of these fools look like a 5 year old grabbed a box of crayons & just scribbled shit all over their arms lmao.

A-freakin-men!

That's the problem with these guys. Too's are stupid. I don't care how culturally acceptable they are.

VBM
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
http://blogs.bet.com/entertainment/spotlight/bet-blog/assets/2009/12/BirdmanTattoo.jpg

Birdman ftw...

The Gemini Method
03-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Seriously though, it isn't like I'm against tattoos...that's personal opinion and really no one's opinions on here really matter in the whole grand scheme of things. What I, though, want to know is what happens when J.R. Smith runs out of skin to ink!

DesignatedT
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
this guy is an idiot

Mr Magnificent
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Seriously though, it isn't like I'm against tattoos...that's personal opinion and really no one's opinions on here really matter in the whole grand scheme of things. What I, though, want to know is what happens when J.R. Smith runs out of skin to ink!

Knowing Jr smiths dumbass..he'll prob just starting tattooing the inside of his ass cheeks.

Xylus
03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Knowing Jr smiths dumbass..he'll prob just starting tattooing the inside of his ass cheeks.

A contender for "one of the dumbest things I've ever read on SpursTalk."

TheManFromAcme
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
A contender for "one of the dumbest things I've ever read on SpursTalk."

Nah.

JR IS that stupid enough to do that. Double digit I.Q. buddy.....Double digit I.Q.

Stupid thug.

Because of the context that comment was made on, I agree with it. :tu