View Full Version : Think we can pick up Bruce Bowen now that Michael Finley is Gone?

djgruvy
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I wonder if the F/O can entice Bruce Bowen to come out of retirement. I think he could still play with the remaining games left on the schedule to improve our defense...

Ditty
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/doublefacepalm21.jpg

Ryvin1
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
If he comes with a time machine he might be an option.

alchemist
03-01-2010, 04:55 PM
:deadhorse

Buddy Holly
03-01-2010, 04:55 PM
I wonder if the F/O can entice Bruce Bowen to come out of retirement. I think he could still play with the remaining games left on the schedule to improve our defense...

http://www.creepygif.com/images/full/870.gif

DMX7
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Who on earth would want Finley is the real question?

And NO, no Bowen. No! No! No!

NO!!!

I. Hustle
03-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Who on earth would want Finley is the real question?

And NO, no Bowen. No! No! No!

NO!!!

It doesn't matter who would want Fin. He's gone.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/f/f0/Facepalm.gif

dbestpro
03-01-2010, 05:09 PM
That would turn this forum upside down.

pad300
03-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Could

I personally wouldn't mind

Won't

I'd expect Dwayne Jones on a series of 10 days...

Chomag
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
When was the last time Bowen has played a game? When was the last time he has even picked up a basketball for that matter. Bowen is not an option especially this late in the season. However most of all is Pop. Pop and him have a huge falling out and I highly doubt Bowen would ever play for Pop again.

I love the Bruce just as much as anyone but you can't last forever. He has closed this chapter in his lif and moved on, so should we.

duncan228
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
February 6.

Popovich says Bowen not answer for Spurs (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Popovich_says_Bowen_not_answer_for_Spurs.html)
Jeff McDonald

LOS ANGELES — In Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's estimation, the biggest problem facing his team going forward is on defense.

Heading into Saturday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers, the Spurs were giving up 96.5 points per game, a Popovich-era record, and were tied for 13th in the NBA in field-goal defense (45.7 percent).

For a team that is typically one of the best defensive teams in the league, and began the season vowing to return to those heights, this season's futility has been a bitter pill to swallow.

“It's been a big disappointment this season that we have not jelled as a group, defensively,” Popovich said. “And it shows in our record.”

Popovich has only scant clues as to why the defensive slide that began two years ago has continued into this season. One explanation he does not buy — a lack of Bruce Bowen.

Bowen, an eight-time member of the NBA's All-Defensive team, retired last summer at age 38 after being dealt to Milwaukee.

“If Bruce was able to continue to do what he does, he'd be doing it for us or someone else right now,” Popovich said.

Even if the Spurs were able to somehow re-acquire a 2005 version of Bowen, Popovich said, it would make only a small dent in this team's defensive woes.

“Bruce was a great defender, but it's not just one guy that makes it,” Popovich said. “There's something called team defense, where five guys have to react appropriately. We just haven't reacted well.”

The Spurs turned in one of their best defensive efforts of the season against the Clippers.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146107

Obstructed_View
03-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Who needs Bowen? We've got Bogans.

bigdog
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
No.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2010, 05:46 PM
I would have taken Bowen instead of Finley or Bogans, but it's too late now..he hasn't played all year, and while he probably still tries to stay in shape, I doubt he's in good enough condition to play in the NBA right now IMO..

the Spurs need to start thinking young from now on..

DesignatedT
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
If he comes with a time machine he might be an option.

:lol

Dro210
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Yea, exactly.... I would love it, but there's no way he's in the condition he needs to be to join a team right now for a stretch run.

fusionjazzman72
03-02-2010, 12:26 AM

Maybe we can pick up David Wingate

timtonymanu
03-02-2010, 12:41 AM
No Bowen is not Brett Favre.

Plus he's at ESPN now. It would look awkward for new NBA fans if he came back. They be like "hey that guy on the spurs looks like the analyst with the bowtie on espn. wait ... i think that's him."

Fabbs
03-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Wonder if Bruce would want to play for Popabitch now?

SA210
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM

Pop blew it and has too much pride that has killed this team again and again. he needs Bruce and never should have let him go, but he won't admit it.

:bang