PDA

View Full Version : Who does this Aaron Brooks guy think he is?

sook
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
22 points on 11 shot attemts in the first half?

Doesn't he realize PGs aren't supposed to score?

Or in the words of those clutchfags atm, AB is a stupid SG with low bball IQ! Trade him asap! He can't pass ball to YAO!

Lars
03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Brooks/Martin

Who has a better backcourt?

Kobe Molested Me
03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Holy balls, who else saw that alley to chase?

noob cake
03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
AB is a stupid SG with low bball IQ! Trade him asap! He can't pass ball to YAO!

You see the light finally :wow

But I have to admit that Brooks is a damn good shooting guard

noob cake
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Holy balls, who else saw that alley to chase?

You mean that bad pass that Budinger finished?

Kobe Molested Me
03-01-2010, 10:23 PM
You mean that bad pass that Budinger finished?

Aaron hater

sefant77
03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Who need a scoring PG with low bball iq with Kevin Martin on SG?

Who need a PG with high bball IQ? Yao.

Whats is failure? A Brooks/Martin backcourt together with Yao.

But i see, wont be a problem, either Martin or Yao will sit in street cloths on the bench.

noob cake
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Who need a scoring PG with low bball iq with Kevin Martin on SG?

Who need a PG with high bball IQ? Yao.

Whats is failure? A Brooks/Martin backcourt together with Yao.

But i see, wont be a problem, either Martin or Yao will sit in street cloths on the bench.

Good logic Mavs fan, but you seem to have forgotten about Brooks' best position

Lowry/Brooks
Martin/Budinger
Battier/Ariza (Battier starting to cover Martin's defensive prowness)
Scola/Hill
Yao/Andersen

6th man Brooks

sefant77
03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes, Brooks would be perfect in the Terry role. But i doubt the Rockets would play like that and i doubt Brooks would accept that so easy.

I also wonder if Ariza would take the step back to the roleplayer, even after 50 games jacking up shit he didnt realize he should stop it.

Brooks bench = nice

Brooks&Martin 36-38min together = fail

Letting Ariza jack up shit without benching = fail.

DAF86
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Brooks/Martin

Who has a better backcourt?

Tony/Manu
Rondo/Allen
Miller/Roy
Nelson/Carter

The Franchise
03-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Tony/Manu
Rondo/Allen
Miller/Roy
Nelson/Carter

None of those are better.

noob cake
03-01-2010, 10:48 PM
None of those are better.

Well Roy/Miller is better Roy is pretty much a franchise player

The Franchise
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Well Roy/Miller is better Roy is pretty much a franchise player

Yea that's true but it's close.

Double-Up
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Tony/Manu
Rondo/Allen
Miller/Roy
Nelson Carter

:lol

mogrovejo
03-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Brooks/Martin is an excellent scoring backcourt. But the game is played on both sides of the floor...

Why can't Brooks pass the ball to Yao? Give him time. He was basically in his 1st NBA season last year, he's a better decision maker and more composed player this season and will probably be even better the next one. If he busts in that role, start Lowry and bring Brooks off the bench.

Unholy Turkey
03-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Lowry/Martin combo seems intriguing just because of the potential of the number of fouls you can get so early in the game.

sook
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Brooks/Martin is an excellent scoring backcourt. But the game is played on both sides of the floor...

Why can't Brooks pass the ball to Yao? Give him time. He was basically in his 1st NBA season last year, he's a better decision maker and more composed player this season and will probably be even better the next one. If he busts in that role, start Lowry and bring Brooks off the bench.no one can pass yao thge ball, because he can't catch it.

Unholy Turkey
03-01-2010, 11:34 PM
How good of a passer is Martin?

Lars
03-01-2010, 11:51 PM
He is a better passer when he drives than I thought he was.

noob cake
03-01-2010, 11:56 PM
no one can pass yao thge ball, because he can't catch it.

Keep on hating...

1) On your Franchise player
2) On Les' $ Fortune
3) Our ability to blow $9m on second rounders, netting Budinger
4) Our ability to pay the lux tax

bostonguy
03-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Rox need to trade Yao Ming's expiring contract next year. The guy is never going to be healthy so get something out of it. Of course they won't trade him because of his marketing value.

Double-Up
03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
no one can pass yao thge ball, because he can't catch it.

You need to get the fuck over it. :pimpslap

We get it, you hate the guy.:deadhorse

Our main problem right now is we don't have a 20-10 low post guy and I don't give a fuck if its Yao, Bosh or whoever but we WILL need one to compete next year.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I remember people being pissed that he compared his game to Tony Parker's in pre-draft interviews. Loved the kid at Oregon. Glad to see he's doing well...

Xylus
03-02-2010, 12:49 AM
I remember people being pissed that he compared his game to Tony Parker's in pre-draft interviews. Loved the kid at Oregon. Glad to see he's doing well...
Didn't like him when he was destroying Arizona, though.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 12:52 AM

When you have a 7'5 center who clogs the paint and alters shots just by sheer size it covers up alot of defensive deficientcies.... the biggest thing that is effecting out defense right now is NOT having that guy.

Why can't Brooks pass the ball to Yao? Give him time. He was basically in his 1st NBA season last year, he's a better decision maker and more composed player this season and will probably be even better the next one. If he busts in that role, start Lowry and bring Brooks off the bench.

Please stop listening to the tool that is noob cake. Like someone else said.....everybody struggles to pass the ball to Yao, especially when he's being fronted. Noob Cake is just a moron who can't except the fact that Aaron Brooks is > than Lowry.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 12:53 AM
You need to get the fuck over it. :pimpslap

We get it, you hate the guy.:deadhorse

Our main problem right now is we don't have a 20-10 low post guy and I don't give a fuck if its Yao, Bosh or whoever but we WILL need one to compete next year.

How is what he typed "hate". It's the truth....it doesn't matter who is doing the entry passes, they have struggled to get the ball to Yao...especially when he's being fronted.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Didn't like him when he was destroying Arizona, though.

No. Not at all, but he was a lot of fun to watch. I was pissed when the Suns traded a 1st-rounder for cash that could have been used on him. Turned out with Dragic, but that's not the point.

And yeah, Brooks killed AZ...

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Yes, Brooks would be perfect in the Terry role. But i doubt the Rockets would play like that and i doubt Brooks would accept that so easy.

I also wonder if Ariza would take the step back to the roleplayer, even after 50 games jacking up shit he didnt realize he should stop it.

Brooks bench = nice

Brooks&Martin 36-38min together = fail

Letting Ariza jack up shit without benching = fail.

LOL, this post = fail. Brooks is NOT fit for a "Jason Terry" role. Houston needs to put shooters around Yao, when Yao gets back this will be the perfect backcourt for him. He sucks defenders in and then Brooks and Martin..along with Battier rain 3s from the outside.

Double-Up
03-02-2010, 01:01 AM
How is what he typed "hate". It's the truth....it doesn't matter who is doing the entry passes, they have struggled to get the ball to Yao...especially when he's being fronted.

Maybe you should do a quick forum search, the guy just simply hates Yao. I agree with what you said but we can see with our own eyes how bad we suck without a 20-10 post player regardless of who it may be. Hating on your franchise player even if in name only is almost like rooting against your own team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Sook > any of the Yao loving moron Rocketfans

sook
03-02-2010, 01:09 AM

thanks, i seriously was wondering how what i said was hateful. Its a matter of fact.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Maybe you should do a quick forum search, the guy just simply hates Yao. I agree with what you said but we can see with our own eyes how bad we suck without a 20-10 post player regardless of who it may be. Hating on your franchise player even if in name only is almost like rooting against your own team.

LOL I don't hate on Yao. I hate on the fact that he fucks us over...like he currently is!

Why is it bad to bad mouth something that is harming your team?

If I like the rox, and Yao makes the rox better, why the fuck would I hate on him? Do the fucking math.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Saying that Yao is injury prone, that Yao is too much if a vagina to deal with getting fronted and that you can't build around someone as unreliable as Yao isn't hating, it's stating fact.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Hey Double-Up how's Yao playing this year?

FkLA
03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I dont even dislike Rocket fans, but you guys would seriously take a Brooks/Martin backcourt over a Parker/Manu one?!? You guys also seriously think your backcourt is the best one in the NBA? :lol

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 01:12 AM

Even if he does hate the guy, what he typed is true. He typed everybody struggles to get the ball to Yao...what part of that statement is not true? We've had that problem since Yao joined the team. The player who could give Yao a entry pass the best was Rafer Alston and everybody ran him out of town tarred and feathered....but even Rafer couldn't consistently get him the ball after Yao was fronted.

Double-Up
03-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Sook > any of the Yao loving moron Rocketfans

I don't think any Rocketfan really loves Yao on this forum but we know we suck even worse without him. We can't and won't trade him so what the fuck can you do...:depressed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2010, 01:13 AM
I don't think any Rocketfan really loves Yao on this forum but we know we suck even worse without him. We can't and won't trade him so what the fuck can you do...:depressed

Let his contract expire and move the fuck on.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:14 AM

I understand and thats ok dude. But you can deny it all you want but you are going to have to deal with the fact he can't play 20+ min per game sooner or later.

Double-Up
03-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Even if he does hate the guy, what he typed is true. He typed everybody struggles to get the ball to Yao...what part of that statement is not true? We've had that problem since Yao joined the team. The player who could give Yao a entry pass the best was Rafer Alston and everybody ran him out of town tarred and feathered....but even Rafer couldn't consistently get him the ball after Yao was fronted.

That's a problem you just have to accept with him, I'm not in denial about that fact as I stated in my post above. The one thing that does though is it allowed our perimeter players more freedom to score ala Portland in the 1st round last year.

Kai
03-02-2010, 01:15 AM
I dont even dislike Rocket fans, but you guys would seriously take a Brooks/Martin backcourt over a Parker/Manu one?!?

Yes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Yao's best case scenario is coming back like Z with screws in his foot that enable him to stay healthy but kill his mobility and reduce the player he is. The days of 20-10 Yao are over.

Double-Up
I understand and thats ok dude. But you can deny it all you want but you are going to have to deal with the fact he can't play 20+ min per game sooner or later.

Probably, but they'll never trade him as we all know because of the China effect so we have to play with the cards we were dealt.

Tmac&Luther
I dont even dislike Rocket fans, but you guys would seriously take a Brooks/Martin backcourt over a Parker/Manu one?!? You guys also seriously think your backcourt is the best one in the NBA? :lol

Just by age alone........yes. I don't know if you've realized it or not or maybe you just haven't excepted it yet, but the Spurs championship window has now closed.....what good is Ginobili going to be in a few years when he's already starting to break down now? I'll take youth over that everyday when both teams are not championship contenders.

And yes, Martin and Brooks gives Houston one of the better backcourts in the NBA.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:17 AM

Manu is old, which is why, 3 yrs back it wouldn't even have been a question.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:18 AM
100% true. besides its too predictable.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Yao's best case scenario is coming back like Z with screws in his foot that enable him to stay healthy but kill his mobility and reduce the player he is. The days of 20-10 Yao are over.

Yao wasn't mobile to begin with, so I doubt it really kills his game, because that was never his game to begin with. And we don't need a 20-10 Yao.....he just needs Yao to stay healthy and pick up the slack in the half court when Houston starts to struggle to find points in the half court.

noob cake
03-02-2010, 01:19 AM
When you have a 7'5 center who clogs the paint and alters shots just by sheer size it covers up alot of defensive deficientcies.... the biggest thing that is effecting out defense right now is NOT having that guy.

Please stop listening to the tool that is noob cake. Like someone else said.....everybody struggles to pass the ball to Yao, especially when he's being fronted. Noob Cake is just a moron who can't except the fact that Aaron Brooks is > than Lowry.

Shut your pie hole you cunt fag; with Luther in your name, no wonder you love brainless chuckers who can't pass worth shit.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Probably, but they'll never trade him as we all know because of the China effect so we have to play with the cards we were dealt.

So why do you want brooks/,martin to adapt to someone that can't play starters minutes\?

Thats all I'm saying dude. We need a big man, thats obvious, but we can't rely on Mr Ming.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Shut your pie hole you cunt fag; with Luther in your name, no wonder you love brainless chuckers who can't pass worth shit.
he's been here longer than you asshat, thats why.

And you're the same shithead on clutch as on here i just found out. I couldn't believe you weren't a troll and you believe your bullshit.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Shut your pie hole you cunt fag; with Luther in your name, no wonder you love brainless chuckers can't pass worth shit.

LOL, that name is older than dirt. I just haven't gotten around to changing it. Plus you lose all credibility when trying to compare Head and Brooks' skillsets....they are nothing alike.

BTW, I love how you weren't able to argue against anything I said. If you were to put Brooks and Lowry on the open market all the G.M.s around the league would call Aaron Brooks' agent first and then Lowry after one of them signed Brooks. You're a fucking retard if you think otherwise. What you need to do is pull Lowry's dick out of your ass and open your eyes. Lowry is a backup on this team and he's best suited to be the backup on this team. I love him as our backup, but that is his best role for us.

noob cake
03-02-2010, 01:24 AM
he's been here longer than you asshat, thats why.

And you're the same shithead on clutch as on here i just found out. I couldn't believe you weren't a troll and you believe your bullshit.

lol low IQ Rockets fans; you people don't understand the importance of Yao Ming.

Not my fault that Clutch is a cunt and runs Clutchfans like a North Korea in defcon 1.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:25 AM
lol IQ Rockets fans; you people don't understand the importance of Yao Ming.

all the championships an playoff victories dureng his time here speak a lot don't they?

Oh wait, the one victory was because of Aaron too anyways.

Don't be talking about my IQ dumbshit faggot faced mother fucker.....

jk.

But seriously noob cake, wake up. you can't be swinging from Yao's nuts all day long. And that explains why you hate brooks.

noob cake
03-02-2010, 01:25 AM
LOL, that name is older than dirt. I just haven't gotten around to changing it. Plus you lose all credibility when trying to compare Head and Brooks' skillsets....they are nothing alike.

BTW, I love how you weren't able to argue against anything I said. If you were to put Brooks and Lowry on the open market all the G.M.s around the league would call Aaron Brooks' agent first and then Lowry after one of them signed Brooks. You're a fucking retard if you think otherwise. What you need to do is pull Lowry's dick out of your ass and open your eyes. Lowry is a backup on this team and he's best suited to be the backup on this team. I love him as our backup, but that is his best role for us.

Once against, Brooks is crap. Empty stat, David Lee version of PG

Double-Up
03-02-2010, 01:28 AM
So why do you want brooks/,martin to adapt to someone that can't play starters minutes\?

Thats all I'm saying dude. We need a big man, thats obvious, but we can't rely on Mr Ming.

Well you have to hope Morey can use the assets he built up and cash them in to get us the player we need, obviously we can't contend with just a Brooks, Martin, and Yao core.

sook
03-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Once against, Brooks is crap. Empty stat, David Lee version of PG

You're right, how the fuck do you think we even got a playoff victory with tofu Yao and took the lakers to 7 games when he injured himself again?

Lowry??!?!? :lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

PULL HIS BAWLZZZ OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 01:29 AM
lol low IQ Rockets fans; you people don't understand the importance of Yao Ming.

Not my fault that Clutch is a cunt and runs Clutchfans like a North Korea in defcon 1.

Really, we don't understand the importance of Yao Ming. :lol :rolleyes

I believe I already stated the importance of Yao Ming in this freaking thread....

We understand the importance of Yao Ming, but we also acknowledge some of his shortcomings and not just try to whitewash it away or completely blame his shortcomings on another player when EVERY DAMN PLAYER HAS STRUGGLED ON GETTING HIM THE BALL IN THE POST. The players around Yao change, one thing stays the same......consistently getting him the ball in the post...especially as soon as he's fronted. That's not on the passers, it's on Yao to seal off his damn man, Barkley (love him or hate him) who was one of the best post players in the league even said the same thing, but some dude who calls himself "noob cake" knows better :lol.

FkLA
03-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Manu has declined some but he still brings a whole lot to the table. If we're talking about based on potential and what things would be like in 3 years...than yeah I'd take Brooks/Martin but as of today I'd still take Parker/Manu. I'm also pretty sure that most people, outside of Rocket fans, would do the same. Dont get me wrong your backcourt is nice and is definitely one of the better ones in the league I just dont think theyre thee best.

noob cake
03-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Really, we don't understand the importance of Yao Ming. :lol :rolleyes

I believe I already stated the importance of Yao Ming in this freaking thread....

We understand the importance of Yao Ming, but we also acknowledge some of his shortcomings and not just try to whitewash it away or completely blame his shortcomings on another player when EVERY DAMN PLAYER HAS STRUGGLED ON GETTING HIM THE BALL IN THE POST. The players around Yao change, one thing stays the same......consistently getting him the ball in the post...especially as soon as he's fronted. That's not on the passers, it's on Yao to seal off his damn man, Barkley (love him or hate him) who was one of the best post players in the league even said the same thing.

Well we damn well should be trading Brooks away for someone who could pass to Yao Ming....Lowry is no Nash or CP3, but he is a damn good passer.

All the Yao haters should realize that Yao Ming is not going anywhere; Les Alexander is no longer a billionaire; all his net worth are currently located either in China or in the Rockets franchise.

You're right, how the fuck do you think we even got a playoff victory with tofu Yao and took the lakers to 7 games when he injured himself again?

Get back to me when you are sober and not under the influence of cocaine. :sleep

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Manu has declined some but he still brings a whole lot to the table. If we're talking about based on potential and what things would be like in 3 years...than yeah I'd take Brooks/Martin but as of today I'd still take Parker/Manu. I'm also pretty sure that most people, outside of Rocket fans, would do the same. Dont get me wrong your backcourt is nice and is definitely one of the better ones in the league I just dont think theyre thee best.

Who said they're the best???

The problem is even is you think Parker and Ginobili are better right now (which I do)...it isn't by as much as you think and in a couple of years Brooks and Martin will most likely pass them. Again if you have two non championship caliber teams, I'll take the youth for the future.

FkLA
03-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Who said they're the best???

The problem is even is you think Parker and Ginobili are better right now (which I do)...it isn't by as much as you think and in a couple of years Brooks and Martin will most likely pass them. Again if you have two non championship caliber teams, I'll take the youth for the future.

A couple of Rocket fans in this thread did, not necessarily you.

I didnt say it was by a huge margin either, I even said Brooks/Martin is one of the better backcourts in the league. And I wont argue with your take on the future, I agree that youth is always better when it comes to that. I was simply talking about right now.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Well we damn well should be trading Brooks away for someone who could pass to Yao Ming....Lowry is no Nash or CP3, but he is a damn good passer.

All the Yao haters should realize that Yao Ming is not going anywhere; Les Alexander is no longer a billionaire; all his net worth are currently located either in China or in the Rockets franchise.

LOL, you're fucking clueless. You do realize that if Yao has ONE MORE SERIOUS FOOT INJURY HIS CAREER IS OVER........done, finished, no longer in the league, put a lid on his career.....RETIRED...Yao himself even admitted as much. Which is why the team is now building a roster better suited to compete in the future without Yao (as in right now today, already planning for life without Yao in the future) while at the same time adding pieces for Yao next season (which we might as well call Yao's last ditch effort/chance at trying to overcome his foot problems...that procedure he had is the last procedure and chance he has at that)

Even Les Alexander recognizes that Yao isn't going to be on this team forever and even he recognizes that Yao's career is in jeopardy (which is why all the moves we make now are to better compete without Yao), you're the one that needs to open your damn eyes. Next year could easily be Yao's last year in the NBA.

Second, please stop bringing up CP3 and Nash.....Yao wouldn't be able to catch all of those fancy passes, he's not athletic enough to consistently catch those no look passes on a dead run the way STAT, West, and Chandler were. Brooks doesn't have a problem getting Scola the ball and sure as shit didn't have a problem getting Landry the ball when he was here. Also when the hell did Lowry prove he could consistently get Yao the ball? The guy has barely even got to play with him.

Get back to me when you are sober and not under the influence of cocaine. :sleep

Get back to the rest of us when you finally have the surgical procedure that successfully removes your head from your ass and when you actually become a fan of this "team" and not just one basketball player.

Many PackYao
03-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Tmac is gone, so it's time for Yao to go too. He's never going to be more aggressive to get the ball, too slow and too injury prone. He screws the Rockets over every summer by wearing himself out playing for the chinese national team.It's time to rebuild through the draft and the get some guys that can complement the Brooks/Martin duo.

blkroadrunners
03-02-2010, 04:10 AM

When does Kyle Lowry return? He's in one of my F-teams but I was debating on dropping.

king andoks
03-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Mary Kay aka. Kevin Martin is looking good...

The Franchise
03-02-2010, 08:06 AM

Martin and Brooks are better now and it's not even as close as you think.

DAF86
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Just by age alone........yes. I don't know if you've realized it or not or maybe you just haven't excepted it yet, but the Spurs championship window has now closed.....what good is Ginobili going to be in a few years when he's already starting to break down now? I'll take youth over that everyday when both teams are not championship contenders.

And yes, Martin and Brooks gives Houston one of the better backcourts in the NBA.

Manu is old, which is why, 3 yrs back it wouldn't even have been a question.

We are not talking about which pair will be better in the future we're talking about right now, I don't know if you realize this but Ginobili is playing like the "Manu of old" and not like the "old Manu" right now and Parker has been hurt all season but he has looked quite well since his last return, besides to win a basketball game you have to play both sides and Parker/Ginobili >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brooks/Martin defensively.

Are you Rockets fans seriously telling me that if you had to choose a backourt to win a playoff series right now you will feel more confortable with Brooks and Martin than with Parker and Ginobili?

Besides let the honey moon end, you will hate on Martin more than you did it with T-Mac.

DaDakota
03-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Brooks is a budding All Star PG, he is miles better than Lowry, it is not even close.

Of course a few people disagree, but they don't understand basketball.....and are probably just kids anyway.

DD

noob cake
03-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Brooks is a budding All Star PG, he is miles better than Lowry, it is not even close.

Of course a few people disagree, but they don't understand basketball.....and are probably just kids anyway.

DD

Go see how Knicks fans love all-star David Lee; Brooks = David Lee of SG

Indazone
03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
K-Mart and Brooks in the backcourt and get Bosh/Scola as Power Forward and Ariza as Small Forward means there's no doubling or fronting Yao anymore. Scoring will come from all over the court. TEAM! GET IT SOOK!!

Indazone
03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
We will get Bosh and then you'll see the twin towers again aka Duncan and Robinson.

sook
03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
We will get Bosh and then you'll see the twin towers again aka Duncan and Robinson.

Why the hell would you do that? Scola complements Yao perfectly.

Yao needs to come off the bench. If he is only capable of playing 20 min/game why the hell should he start?

Some Yao off the bench is better than none at all.

sook
03-02-2010, 05:35 PM

DD

best thing you've ever said, glad you aren't one of the people that choose player over team *cough*noob cake*cough*

Greg Oden
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Does noob cake really think Lowry is awesome and better than Brooks or is it just a shtick?

sook
03-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Does noob cake really think Lowry is awesome and better than Brooks or is it just a shtick?

well, its not that he thinks lowry is a better player. He is a hardcore Yao nuthugger, and he believes brooks is going to take shots away from Yao, he feels we need a pass only PG that will pass Yao the ball everytime .

redzero
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Let's all pray that Yao will be ready when China calls upon him again.

noob cake
03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
well, its not that he thinks lowry is a better player. He is a hardcore Yao nuthugger, and he believes brooks is going to take shots away from Yao, he feels we need a pass only PG that will pass Yao the ball everytime .

100% right; Lowry is a better PG. Brooks is one damn good SG, but we already have Martin. I see no use for him beside from benching him as the 6th man.

noob cake
03-02-2010, 06:32 PM

Bosh doesn't work with Yao; we need hard ass banger PF's for Yao. Beside Bosh won't get his shots if he comes to Houston with Brooks, Martin chucking (good chucking right now since both of them are on a hot streak).

Kenyon Martin is pretty much our perfect PF; plays amazing defense and rebounds damn well, although he has low bball IQ.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
100% right; Lowry is a better PG. Brooks is one damn good SG, but we already have Martin. I see no use for him beside from benching him as the 6th man.

:sleep How many "pass first, high assist PGs" have lead their teams to titles in the past decade?

Brooks was > than Lowry last year, He's > this year, and he'll be > as long as both are on the same team. You need to wake up and realize Houston will never win shit by just forcing the ball into a player who you can't force the ball into, because he can't beat a fronting defense no matter who's passing the ball.

I love Yao, but honestly it's getting to the point where I'd rather have him leave and play somewhere else so we (true Rocket fans) didn't have to put up with ass hats like you. People who can't see any of Yao's faults even it's leaving mushroom stamps all over their face. These idiots will blame everyone else on the team, without willing to even fathom the idea that their "idol" might have serious faults of his own.

I was so excited when we got rid of Tracy McGrady and the "Tracy Trolls". Now because of dumbasses like you I'm starting to warm up to the idea of letting Yao walk so we can get rid of all of these "Red" Yao yahoos. We might lose more games (not that many more though, because Yao misses atleast half a season now anyways), but fuck it. The basketball IQ among the fan base will go up 10 fold.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Bosh doesn't work with Yao; we need hard ass banger PF's for Yao. Beside Bosh won't get his shots if he comes to Houston with Brooks, Martin chucking (good chucking right now since both of them are on a hot streak).

Kenyon Martin is pretty much our perfect PF; plays amazing defense and rebounds damn well, although he has low bball IQ.

LOL, Bosh is the perfect guy to put next to Yao....because when Yao goes down with a season ending injury, we'll have a go to scorer in the post. Or better yet...even if Yao is healthy and teams front his ass and completely take him out of the game late in crucial situations, we'll still have a elite go to scorer in the post/paint.

Kenyon Martin. :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin

Unholy Turkey
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Yao's not leaving, sadly. All of the marketing he gets basically pays off his own contract and more.

While he is certainly not fit as a franchise player, teams will be lining up for Yao just because of the publicity that team can get with him when his contract runs out, including the Rockets.

IronMexican
03-02-2010, 09:55 PM
LOL, Bosh is the perfect guy to put next to Yao....because when Yao goes down with a season ending injury, we'll have a go to scorer in the post. Or better yet...even if Yao is healthy and teams front his ass and completely take him out of the game late in crucial situations, we'll still have a elite go to scorer in the post/paint.

Kenyon Martin. :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin

You're name reminds me of how unstoppable the Rockets were at NBA2k7. Head was able to dunk, and T-Mac and Yao was unstoppable.

Tmac&Luther
03-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Yao's not leaving, sadly. All of the marketing he gets basically pays off his own contract and more.

While he is certainly not fit as a franchise player, teams will be lining up for Yao just because of the publicity that team can get with him when his contract runs out, including the Rockets.

Yao possibly leaving has NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MUCH MONEY HE BRINGS IN.

Again......one more injury to that foot will put Yao into retirement. He even said so himself. So why wouldn't the Rockets start planning for basketball after Yao, just in case that exact scenario happens? (and that's exactly what Houston has been doing). They want Yao on the team, but they also know it's a very realistic possibility that his days are numbered.

Lars
03-02-2010, 10:50 PM

I try to be civil on these forums, but this might be the most retarded thing I have ever read. Im insulted that a fellow Rocket fan can actually believe this. This isn't Yaos team.

Bosh would be the PERFECT fit for our team. His skill set is ideal for what Adelman is doing.

sook
03-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I try to be civil on these forums, but this might be the most retarded thing I have ever read. Im insulted that a fellow Rocket fan can actually believe this. This isn't Yaos team.

Bosh would be the PERFECT fit for our team. His skill set is ideal for what Adelman is doing.

If there was a way to ignore his posts I would.

DAF86
03-02-2010, 11:54 PM
If there was a way to ignore his posts I would.

You could...you know, put him on your ignore list.

Greg Oden
03-02-2010, 11:55 PM
:lol +1 for the Argie

noob cake
03-03-2010, 12:09 AM

Guys; I'm all for trading for Bosh since Brooks will most likely be part of the deal.

Indazone
03-03-2010, 02:10 AM

OMG cannot believe even you believe this drivel.

Indazone
03-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Guys; I'm all for trading for Bosh since Brooks will most likely be part of the deal.

Oh and look there you go reversing your previous statement. Make up your mind already!!!

DaDakota
03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Brooks is top 20 in the NBA in scoring, he has the 2nd most points for a PG in the entire league.

The days of the true pass first PG are over, with the rules disallowing hand checking the perimeter scorers have a distinct advantage.

Lowry would suck balls if he had to pass to Hayes, Battier and Ariza, and he stinks in the playoffs when teams realize that he can't shoot the danged ball.

Witness his stellar 33% shooting last playoffs, when Brooks was leading the team past Portland and taking the world champions to a game 7.

Brooks is the answer, he has started only like 100 games, and is nearly 20ppg and 5 assists....his assists are now starting to go up, once they replaced one of the Battriza combo with Martin.

Martin and Brooks are the backcourt for the Rockets next 7 years.

Lowry, is a restricted free agent. What that means is that he could be used in a sign and trade for Bosh.

Sorry to burst any bubbles with the truth, but hey...it is what it is.

Maybe we could trade Yao for Bosh....that works....

DD

pauls931
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Brooks = Monte Ellis

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry for judging Rocketfan based on noob cake, he's in his own class of retarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
you people don't understand the importance of Yao Ming.

I agree, he's been critical to their success this season.

DaDakota
03-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Yao's injury history is a major concern, and I for one am glad he is expiring next season.

The question is what to do with him? If he has a healthy season, he will demand a big contract, but man....we can not pay him big $$$ with his injury history.

I think there is a decent chance he might get traded.....I would trade Yao for Bosh now, or maybe Griffin of the Clippers.

Let him start over healthy somewhere else and let the Rockets go a different direction.

Now, if we keep him, fine, but he will be in a much smaller role going forward....and needs to work on his elbow jumper.....it is AB and KM's team now.

DD

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
If Yao doesn't come back, then they would most likely somehow get Bosh, which they probably will even if he does come back. Point is, Yao has been run into the ground, mainly by the Chinese National Team

His games played stats:

02-03 played all 82 games
03-04 played all 82 games
04-05 Played 80 games
05-05 played 57 games
06-07 played 48 games
07-08 played 57 games
08-09 played 77 games

He was coming off injury once again when the CBA forced him to play in the olympics.

redzero
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
When has Kenyon Martin ever been the answer for anything?

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 09:53 AM

please don't pay noon cake any attention

noob cake
03-03-2010, 10:04 AM
please don't pay noon cake any attention

Stop hating, Kenyon is a rebounding role player. Players like that won't take us multiple picks + Aaron Brooks to get.

I bet Denver will swap us Martin + Picks for Brooks :wakeup

Frank Lucas
03-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Stop hating, Kenyon is a rebounding role player. Players like that won't take us multiple picks + Aaron Brooks to get.

I bet Denver will swap us Martin + Picks for Brooks :wakeup

Considering they are thin at big man and already have Billups and Lawson at PG that's a really retarded trade idea.

PS - Yao Ming has never accomplished shit as a franchise player.

noob cake
03-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Considering they are thin at big man and already have Billups and Lawson at PG that's a really retarded trade idea.

PS - Yao Ming has never accomplished shit as a franchise player.

How is Knee-Mac?

Frank Lucas
03-03-2010, 10:12 AM
How is Knee-Mac?

Better than Ow Ming.

lol noob cake's dream lineup:

Ow Ming
Kenyon Martin
Shane Battier
Kevin Martin
Kyle Lowry

^That looks like a contender! :lmao

noob cake
03-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Better than Ow Ming.

lol noob cake's dream lineup:

Ow Ming
Kenyon Martin
Shane Battier
Kevin Martin
Kyle Lowry

^That looks like a contender! :lmao

Wrong

Andrew Bogut
Dirk Dirk Dirk
Crash
Brandon 'Stolen from Houston' Roy
Deron Williams

Indazone
03-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I'd keep Yao but he'd better learn the fake toe injury that Shaq figured out in his career to cut his game playing time down. Yao is good for 50-60 games in the season. I'd Bill Walton him and platoon the guy. Never play him on a back to back and limit his minutes around 30 mpg. Then at playoff time, unleash him to play big minutes. Now with Bosh, we can do this. We can use Bosh at Power Forward/Center and Yao and Bosh splitting minutes or playing together. There would be no better front court.

The Franchise
03-03-2010, 04:09 PM

WTF is going on in your sig? :lol