PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else get a little excited when Bogans went down?

50 cent
03-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Finley cut and Bogans goes down on the same day. The ultimate addition by subtraction getting rid of those two.

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of everything that Finley did while here and I'm sure Bogans is a nice guy, but neither should be seeing any meaningful minutes on the floor.

TIMMYD!
03-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I will admit I was mildly excited but knew it wasn't going to be too bad of an injury.

Juanobili
03-01-2010, 11:52 PM
No. What a stupid thing to ask.

dougp
03-02-2010, 12:09 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E0FxFurzNtI/R4KUCbt2VNI/AAAAAAAABrs/H78rAuQC2wI/s320/Estrada_v2.jpg

4>0rings
03-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Everyone was except Tpark and Gonzo face.

5in10
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah, and I thought hairston was gonna replace him rather than rj.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
The guy's a millionaire and he sucks at basketball. I'd be happy if there were some reason for him to be somewhere other than on the court to suck at basketball.

timtonymanu
03-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Honestly I can understand why T-Park/EricB is an asshole to some of you.

I'm as big a Bogans hater as much as anyone, but some of you guys go too far with what you say.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Honestly I can understand why T-Park/EricB is an asshole to some of you.

I'm as big a Bogans hater as much as anyone, but some of you guys go too far with what you say.

Yeah, that's the reason TPark's an asshole. :lol

EricB
03-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Alright, one of the Spurs got hurt!!

Cue up the party music!!

Lets hope he needs an amputation, cause damn that would just make everyones day!!!

FkLA
03-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Bogans starts but he ends up logging like 15-20 mpg...I dont see the big deal. I swear all it takes is one notable poster to display his dislike for a guy and the rest of Spurstalk will follow. Its ridiculous. I dont even like Bogans much but he's not the problem with this team.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Bogans is 9-34 in his last 11 games..he plays average defense..sometimes he'll play above average defense, sometimes he'll play below average D, but it's usually average..other teams are leaving him wide open now, and now he has a dislocated finger, which is something that doesn't heal for a long time(if that's the actual injury he has, that's what they said on the broadcast tonight)..so his shooting is going to be even worse..

Having 20 minutes a game for a guy like that does hurt..20 MPG is a lot..

J_Paco
03-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Bogans starts but he ends up logging like 15-20 mpg...I dont see the big deal. I swear all it takes is one notable poster to display his dislike for a guy and the rest of Spurstalk will follow. Its ridiculous. I dont even like Bogans much but he's not the problem with this team.

How is a guy that has brought nothing to the team for going on 2 weeks not a significant problem? If Bogans was struggling this badly on any other playoff-contending team he'd be see CD-DNP's all over the place. Why Pop continues to give this guy 15-25 minutes is beyond me.

The guy averaged 3/1.5/1 in 7 starts, while shooting 27% from three-point range and 35% overall in the month of February. How do those horrible numbers not translate to a big problem??

Yeah, I guess some people don't realize that 20 minutes is almost half the game. I also picked up on the fact that teams are starting to use Bogans defender as a roamer, while leaving his sorry-ass open to throw up brick after brick.

mookie2001
03-02-2010, 02:14 AM
I didn't

ShoogarBear
03-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Thread title is . . . a little weird.

lennyalderette
03-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Everyone was except Tpark and Gonzo face.

hahah i just realized what your sig was, damn thats f'd up and then the lady grabs his hands again like she wanted more *mas puta)

no you never know i think bogans is going to help out, once his shot starts falling down, i hope very soon he will be a huge help. im just amazed findog is outta here

lennyalderette
03-02-2010, 06:58 AM
wow i just finished reading his stats, maybe hes out there for just pure defense, i remember bowen only avrg, like 2 or 3pts a game, not that bogans is a good a defender as the bruce, but thats probably the only reason hes playing at all, we should start looking at his opponents shooting avrg instead! by no means am i saying hes amazing but i dont see him hurting the team like finhog did, and its weird for a while bogans was playing really well, i think pop needs to use him a little less until he picks up his shooting %

SpurNation
03-02-2010, 08:34 AM
This strikes a nerve with me for personal reasons. And I don't know if the OP meant it this way.

Wishing or applauding harm to somebody just because they don't excell to one's expectations is a bit low. Perhaps a moment of civil lapse? Win it all costs attitude?

I just know, when I was younger, and Joe Theisman was beating the Cowboys with his scrambling... I wished he would break his leg. The game he was playing when I made that wish his career ended with one of the most horrific injuries ever to happen. Also that same year my hopes of getting an athletic scholarship ended when I broke my back. Coincidence? Maybe?

But I've never wished or cheered an injury to any athlete again in my life.

If Pop plays Bogans more so than somebody else who might be better...that's Pop's decision. And I wouldn't condone Pop getting hurt either just because I would want Malik getting more playing time over Bogans.

ElNono
03-02-2010, 08:39 AM
I didn't and it's not Bogans fault that he's out there sucking up a storm...

Whoever is hating on this guy is hating on the wrong person...

LOL@MavsFan
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Finley cut and Bogans goes down on the same day. The ultimate addition by subtraction getting rid of those two.

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of everything that Finley did while here and I'm sure Bogans is a nice guy, but neither should be seeing any meaningful minutes on the floor.

I was in the midst of dancing a jig when I heard Willy Land say he'd be back. :bang

LOL@MavsFan
03-02-2010, 09:03 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=11597&dateline=1264975961 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597)< ------This guy needs to take Blogans' minutes. Why he hasnt yet is beyond me.

Agloco
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM

Seriously?

WTF isn't this thread locked and the starter not pinked?

Agloco
03-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Thread title is . . . a little weird.

:lol

Wink Wink.

Chieflion
03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Not sure what you mean by excited. My heart skipped a bit. I was excited because I was worried, not the happy kind of excited.

4>0rings
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Seriously?

WTF isn't this thread locked and the starter not pinked?Cause it's true.

mexicanjunior
03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I was hoping it was a season ender...it is the only way Hairston will ever get quality minutes.

Spurs7794
03-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Wasn't excited but wasn't upset like I get when any other Spur gets injured. I hoped it wasn't serious...just serious enough for him to miss a game or 2 and lose his spot in the rotation.

Chomag
03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I didn't and it's not Bogans fault that he's out there sucking up a storm...

Whoever is hating on this guy is hating on the wrong person...

This. Bogans is what he is, not his fault. Pop just thinks he is MJ, Bowen reincarnated.

ohmwrecker
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
When a player on your team (or any team) is injured you should never be happy. If you are, you are probably a sociopath. However, it is human nature to immediately start thinking about how it effects your team. I hope that is the basis for most of these comments.
There is also nothing wrong with a little gallows humor as long as it's funny. So, some of you drama queens . . . ::cough(EricB):: . . . need to chill out. The rest of you need to either seek help or get a whole lot funnier.

pad300
03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
wow i just finished reading his stats, maybe hes out there for just pure defense, i remember bowen only avrg, like 2 or 3pts a game, not that bogans is a good a defender as the bruce, but thats probably the only reason hes playing at all, we should start looking at his opponents shooting avrg instead! by no means am i saying hes amazing but i dont see him hurting the team like finhog did, and its weird for a while bogans was playing really well, i think pop needs to use him a little less until he picks up his shooting %

While I am not wishing anything on anybody
from http://www.82games.com/0910/09SAS6.HTM#onoff

Stat ON Court OFF Court Net
Minutes 985 1472 40%
Offense: Pts for per 100 Poss. 109.2 112.3 -3.1
Defense: Pts ag. per 100 Poss. 106.3 105.9 +0.4

Bogans was a net negative; the team was both better on offense and on defense with him sitting... He's pretty much not a good defender. He should be 12th man.

nkdlunch
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
damn. brutal to hope a major injury on your own player. this is why the world is in such a sad state.

Booharv
03-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Should have I have been excited? No.

Deep down in my heart was I excited? Definitely. Right or wrong, that's what I felt and I know way more people here were excited than are willing to admit it. Unless they haven't been able to see what he's been doing to the team this year.

TJastal
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
While I am not wishing anything on anybody
from http://www.82games.com/0910/09SAS6.HTM#onoff

Stat ON Court OFF Court Net
Minutes 985 1472 40%
Offense: Pts for per 100 Poss. 109.2 112.3 -3.1
Defense: Pts ag. per 100 Poss. 106.3 105.9 +0.4

Bogans was a net negative; the team was both better on offense and on defense with him sitting... He's pretty much not a good defender. He should be 12th man.

No big surprise there, Bogans' defense has been overrated most of the year. How this guy has managed to fool everyone into thinking he is an elite defensive player is a mystery.

in2deep
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't mind seeing Bogans on the floor.

DaBears
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
i bet it is real funny and kind of exciting when you jammed your finger or dislocated it, shit or even broke your finger or any part of your body for that matter.. i bet you were feeling nothing about excitment at that moment.. huh..

Stating that shows a real lack of character and class.. what an idiot..

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
haters will continue to hate

TJastal
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't mind seeing Bogans on the floor.

Is that you, Pop? Got some secret locker room cam shots of Bogans too?

:lmao

dbestpro
03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Limbo thread.

spurtech09
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
um no......

Brazil
03-02-2010, 12:18 PM
finley cut and bogans goes down on the same day. The ultimate addition by subtraction getting rid of those two.

Don't get me wrong, i'm appreciative of everything that finley did while here and i'm sure bogans is a nice guy, but neither should be seeing any meaningful minutes on the floor.

no

BillMc
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
No matter what your opinion on his play, no true fan should ever get excited when a player appears injured. Sorry, I can't agree with you.

GhosTown
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Bogans, Bonner, RJ, Finley, they are not the problem. Wishing them harm is not going to fix the Spurs, AA for the coach will fix the Spurs.

He has had more than enough opportunities to put a championship rotation on the floor. Trading and Not trading for the right people is on RC and POP.

Bogans sucks. True. But it's the fool that keeps putting him on the floor that is the real problem.

anakha
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Threads like this are why the bar definitely needs raising.

Johnny RIngo
03-02-2010, 03:49 PM
With Finley gone, Bogans is now the worst player on the team. The worst player on the team should NOT be getting 20 mins a game.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2010, 06:13 PM
With Finley gone, Bogans is now the worst player on the team. The worst player on the team should NOT be getting 20 mins a game.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Bogans was the worst player on the team long before Finley got cut.

Dro210
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Should have I have been excited? No.

Deep down in my heart was I excited? Definitely. Right or wrong, that's what I felt and I know way more people here were excited than are willing to admit it. Unless they haven't been able to see what he's been doing to the team this year.

pretty well said...

It's not like anybody is wishing death or a career threatening injury on the man, or even anything overly painful. A dislocated or broken finger is not bad. I would let someone dislocate or break my own finger right now if it meant Bogans had to wear the suit for the rest of the season. You might think that's crazy, I don't agree with you, but that would hypothetically contribute more to the team than Bogans has all season.

and it happened anyway, it was done with, send my condolences... but what's wrong with hoping it might keep him off the floor longer than it did? Is he gonna die if he doesn't play? Will it hurt his feelings?

FkLA
03-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Bogans is 9-34 in his last 11 games..he plays average defense..sometimes he'll play above average defense, sometimes he'll play below average D, but it's usually average..other teams are leaving him wide open now, and now he has a dislocated finger, which is something that doesn't heal for a long time(if that's the actual injury he has, that's what they said on the broadcast tonight)..so his shooting is going to be even worse..

How is a guy that has brought nothing to the team for going on 2 weeks not a significant problem? If Bogans was struggling this badly on any other playoff-contending team he'd be see CD-DNP's all over the place. Why Pop continues to give this guy 15-25 minutes is beyond me.

The guy averaged 3/1.5/1 in 7 starts, while shooting 27% from three-point range and 35% overall in the month of February. How do those horrible numbers not translate to a big problem??

Yeah, I guess some people don't realize that 20 minutes is almost half the game. I also picked up on the fact that teams are starting to use Bogans defender as a roamer, while leaving his sorry-ass open to throw up brick after brick.

He's obviously not out there for his offense, and while I do agree that his defense is overrated and isnt elite by any means...he is still probably the team's best perimeter defender outside of Hill and probably Manu. This team's problem is not offense, in fact even with Dick's pathetic play and Parker/Manu being hobbled this is still one of the most potent offensive teams we've had so it makes sense to try to add some more defense. To be honest I wouldnt mind seeing Hairston get a chance but a few glimpses of good play from him dont guarantee that he wouldnt have his up and downs just like Bogans has had. If Im not mistaken there was a 'Church of Bogans' early in the season, so the Church of Hairston that has popped up could tumble just like Bogans' has once he gets rotation minutes and is expected to produce often.

I just dont see Bogans as being as huge of a problem as some of you make it out...15-20 mpg, most of which come at the beginning of 1st and 3rd quarters, isnt that big of a deal. Especially with the need to limit Parker and Manu's minutes, Dick's poor play, and Hill already logging heavy minutes.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2010, 02:30 AM
He's obviously not out there for his offense, and while I do agree that his defense is overrated and isnt elite by any means...he is still probably the team's best perimeter defender outside of Hill and probably Manu.

If he's not consistently the worst man-to-man defender on the team, I'd be shocked. The only way guys can be any worse than Bogans is when they aren't giving any effort, and that doesn't make them much worse than he is.

BatManu
03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Some of you are taking this "wish injury on a player" stuff too serious... It's not like anyone is fixing to crack his leg with a stick on some Nancy Kerrigan ish... and yes, I hope Bogans steps on someone's foot :P

E-RockWill
03-03-2010, 12:13 PM
no matter what your opinion on his play, no true fan should ever get excited when a player appears injured. Sorry, i can't agree with you.

+1