PDA

View Full Version : Got a job interview this morning

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
In about 30 minutes actually. I am a bit nervous because it is a significant raise if I get it. So any advice or horror stories? I will probably only see the replies after it is over. I want to drink my water but I am afraid that I will need to take a leak during the interview. It's scheduled for an hour and a half.

No TDMVPOY I am straight so no BJ's besides the person interviewing me is a chick and not at all hot.

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Be sure you have fresh breath. :D

J.T.
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Just be confident with yourself. Job interviews are easy as fuck.

J.T.
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Be sure you have fresh breath. :D

Pfft. One time I got hired for a job on the spot after acing the interview (and I had two friends who had been hired a few days before me and it took them like two or three interviews to get the job there), and I almost overslept it but luckily had enough time to throw on the clothes I wore the night before and take a Mexican shower. And I smoked like three cigs on the way there including one right before I went in.

Interviews are easy if you know how to work them.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
This is my second interview. It is usually a two step process here. I blew by the first and we'll see how this one goes.

fresh breath- check

I don't smoke but I wonder if it would help me out right now. The good thing is it is in the same company so they somewhat know me.

TheManFromAcme
03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Firm hand shake
Look into eyes
If sitting, lean towards interviewer
No farting...

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Stress your hatred of any ethnic groups that are not represented in the room during the interview. It's safe to assume they have been excluded for a reason and letting your potential employer know you share their values and beliefs will help your cause greatly.

mrsmaalox
03-02-2010, 10:20 AM
.......the person interviewing me is a chick and not at all hot.

Maintain eye contact (the eyes are above chest level). Good luck!

koriwhat
03-02-2010, 10:33 AM
just be you man... good luck bro!

mouse
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
If you want to make sure you get the job show up in one of these....

http://microeyes.blog.co.in/files/2009/07/wheel-chair1.jpg

Good luck brah! :tu

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2010, 10:53 AM
htf u know i was going to give u some advice...fkn

IronMexican
03-02-2010, 11:57 AM
take a Mexican shower.

rofl what's a Mexican shower?

symple19
03-02-2010, 12:01 PM

C'mon brih! You know, hittin' the hot spots with sink water and hand soap!!!

:lol Must be a term only crackers like me and JT use :lol

(I'm assuming JT is a white dude)

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Alright so it is said and done. I have it on great authority that I am in the top 2 so I have a 50/50 shot at it. The boss of the person that I would be working for is pulling for me so that is freakin awesome.
I don't want to jinx it so I won't say it but IF I get it I would be the supervisor over a certain group that I have talked about on here.

IronMexican
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Never heard the term. Pretty funny though.

mrsmaalox
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM

aka "the funk zone"

The Gemini Method
03-02-2010, 12:10 PM
lol @ the term Mexican Shower...never heard of that before...

florige
03-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Alright so it is said and done. I have it on great authority that I am in the top 2 so I have a 50/50 shot at it. The boss of the person that I would be working for is pulling for me so that is freakin awesome.
I don't want to jinx it so I won't say it but IF I get it I would be the supervisor over a certain group that I have talked about on here.

I thought you won the lottery or something and didn't have to work?

4>0rings
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Was your status a ST discussed in said interview?

DMX7
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Just go in confident. If you're a good candidate, then you shouldn't be nervous. You should be anxious to answer their questions and also to tell them about your accomplishments.

(advice for next interview, lol)

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought you won the lottery or something and didn't have to work?

Hell nah. I wish. You somehow got me confused with Maalox

Was your status a ST discussed in said interview?

It was on my resume. I put on there that both Kori and LJ have responded to not only my posts but my PM's as well. She was very impressed.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
WTF is up with the gimme two flaws question??

florige
03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Just go in confident. If you're a good candidate, then you shouldn't be nervous. You should be anxious to answer their questions and also to tell them about your accomplishments.

(advice for next interview, lol)

+1. Its when you go in lying about accomplishments is when you need to really worry.

tlongII
03-02-2010, 12:25 PM
WTF is up with the gimme two flaws question??

Those are my favorite. Say something like you sometimes work so much that it interferes with your charity contributions.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
+1. Its when you go in lying about accomplishments is when you need to really worry.

Luckily it's the same comapny and I just brought in all the awards I have gotten in the last two years and plus whenever I receive anything it is always in front of everyone.

Drachen
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Huh, I have never heard it called that, and I am white. I have always called it a "cockpit shower."

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2010, 12:30 PM
so did you smile at him after givin him a blowjob?

florige
03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Everytime I see a job interview thread I always think it has something to do with Ash.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
so did you smile at him after givin him a blowjob?

I could't, my mouth was full.

The Gemini Method
03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Well, she is viewing this thread and all...

Good to see you're getting off the streets, Hustle.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Everytime I see a job interview thread I always think it has something to do with Ash.

How can she go on so many interviews and send out so many resumes without getting a job? It must be because she is asking for 800K a year from a non profit group.

florige
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
How can she go on so many interviews and send out so many resumes without getting a job? It must be because she is asking for 800K a year from a non profit group.

And she sends thank you emails and letters.

ashbeeigh
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM

I decided to stop talking about it. One day I'll just start talking about the new great job I have.

Also I don't want to hijack other's threads when I have my own bitch and moan thread (or triumph even). This can be yours. I hope you get the job. Did you show 'em your boobies?

gollum
03-02-2010, 12:39 PM
If you get the job cherish it like it's prescioussssssss.

Debbie Downer
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Why bother getting a job your just going to get fired sooner or later.

jack sommerset
03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Pfft. One time I got hired for a job on the spot after acing the interview (and I had two friends who had been hired a few days before me and it took them like two or three interviews to get the job there), and I almost overslept it but luckily had enough time to throw on the clothes I wore the night before and take a Mexican shower. And I smoked like three cigs on the way there including one right before I went in.

You the man.

CosmicCowboy
03-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Don't forget to send a thank you note for the interview. :lol

Taco
03-02-2010, 01:55 PM

:lol

florige
03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
So WTF man when are you supposed to find out? I am sorta curious myself. lol

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
hope you get it man, good luck

Sisk
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I always thought a Mexican shower was dousing yourself with cologne..

bus driver
03-02-2010, 02:42 PM
How have people never heard of a Mexican shower?

My definition of a Mexican shower has always been running a corner of a towel under the faucet and then rubbing it under your armpits.

And then there's the Puerto Rican shower which is just spraying yourself with a ton of cologne.

i almost spit my water out of my mouth :lmao :rollin :lol :lmao

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 02:46 PM

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I always thought a Mexican shower was dousing yourself with cologne..

Judging from what I see (and smell) on campus there might be a few middle eastern countries that could claim that as their national shower too.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 02:58 PM

I find out soon. It's between me and a chick. She already knows the job BUT they like to hire from other departments as opposed to within because it is easier for a new person to come in and be in control instead of a peer.

wrench
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I find out soon. It's between me and a chick. She already knows the job BUT they like to hire from other departments as opposed to within because it is easier for a new person to come in and be in control instead of a peer.

Good luck.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM

Hey, thanks!

Blake
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM

that is so true, imo.

it seems the only way to move up is to move out.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Also I don't want to hijack other's threads when I have my own bitch and moan thread (or triumph even). This can be yours. I hope you get the job. Did you show 'em your boobies?

Of course I showed my boobies! What do you think I am? An idiot?!

Thanks for the support, I can only hope that one day I can offer you some support as well ;)

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
that is so true, imo.

it seems the only way to move up is to move out.

Yeah, I went for the lead spot here in my dept but they gave it to someone else from another group. It's cool though because she is nice. I should know really soon though. Not today but for sure this week.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Good luck.

Are you trying to throw a wrench in my plans!!!!!!!!

florige
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Dude please tell me that the chick ISN'T hot and the one doing the interview ISN'T a dude. If that is the case if and I were the one interviewing, as they say in ebonics, U B Fucked my friend.... lol

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Dude please tell me that the chick ISN'T hot and the one doing the interview ISN'T a dude. If that is the case if and I were the one interviewing, as they say in ebonics, U B Fucked my friend.... lol

Nah she isn't hot at all. In fact she could probably pass for a lesbo softball player. The hiring manager is lady in her 40's and not hot either. I wore the slacks that showed my nut cleavage so I think it helped.

Blake
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I wore the slacks that showed my nut cleavage so I think it helped.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Testicles_male_cameltoe.jpg/541px-Testicles_male_cameltoe.jpg

I'm thinking it didn't.

ashbeeigh
03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Of course I showed my boobies! What do you think I am? An idiot?!

Thanks for the support, I can only hope that one day I can offer you some support as well ;)

:lol Well, I did send two resumes today. One day.

Keep us updated!

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
:lmao

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
:lol Well, I did send two resumes today. One day.

:lol I meant support for your boobs but yeah for job interviews too.

Keep us updated!

Will do. She is in there right now talking to her manager. More than likely it's about who to hire.

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Testicles_male_cameltoe.jpg/541px-Testicles_male_cameltoe.jpg

I'm thinking it didn't.

W..................T....................F

:lmao

symple19
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM

this.

Hey hustle, I hope the chick you're up against gets killed in a fiery bus explosion:toast

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
this.

Hey hustle, I hope the chick you're up against gets killed in a fiery bus explosion:toast

Wow dude thanks. That really means a lot to me :toast

symple19
03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Wow dude thanks. That really means a lot to me :toast

Should've amended that by saying your own merits will certainly lock it down for you

But since I have a bus explosion fetish I thought I would throw it in there :lol

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Should've amended that by saying your own merits will certainly lock it down for you

But since I have a bus explosion fetish I thought I would throw it in there :lol

Hey, if the bus explosion does happen you will be the first person I tell.

Drachen
03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
How have people never heard of a Mexican shower?

My definition of a Mexican shower has always been running a corner of a towel under the faucet and then rubbing it under your armpits.

And then there's the Puerto Rican shower which is just spraying yourself with a ton of cologne.

I have always known your Puerto Rican shower as a French bath.

JoeChalupa
03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
All-State is having a job fair over at Alamo College at 1604 & Pat Booker Road and it is packed. The wife went over to check it out and the line is huge.

I. Hustle
03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
All-State is having a job fair over at Alamo College at 1604 & Pat Booker Road and it is packed. The wife went over to check it out and the line is huge.

I have a job but thanks. I am just trying to chase that paper. It would be a significant raise if I were to get it.

JoeChalupa
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I have a job but thanks. I am just trying to chase that paper. It would be a significant raise if I were to get it.

:tu The chase is on!!

mrsmaalox
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM

I'm thinking it didn't.

Yea you're right. It could not have possibly helped.

ashbeeigh
03-02-2010, 05:50 PM

Bastard! I thought you genuinely cared about my life there for a second!

Clandestino
03-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Most people I know call it a "whore bath."

I. Hustle
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
So let's see if today is the day.

grindmouse
03-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Most people I know call it a "whore bath."

You people have it all wrong.....

whore bath-wet cloth, wipe arm pits and crotch area.

Mexican bath-strong cologne like polo or old spice sprayed on arm pits and crotch area.

trailer park bath- just like whore bath but instead of wash cloth you use baby wipes.

I hope this information help settles this dispute.

mrsmaalox
03-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Well?!?!

I. Hustle
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Nothing yet. I am on the negative side. That way if I don't get it then oh well but if I do it will be a nice surprise

mrsmaalox
03-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Good plan :tu

I. Hustle
03-03-2010, 05:14 PM
What isn't helping is that I am so bored right now and falling asleep at my desk. Luckily nobody sees me.

florige
03-03-2010, 10:49 PM

Being a supervisor sometimes can be a pain in the ass. Especially if you have a bunch of lazy assholes working for you. But if the money is substantial then sometimes it is worth it. Plus it probably didnt help matters any that I was a supervisor a Best Buy which didnt pay crap to begin with.

marini martini
03-03-2010, 11:58 PM

Bastard! I thought you genuinely cared about my life there for a second!

:lmao:toast:lmao

Re-Animator
03-04-2010, 12:01 AM
:lmao:toast:lmao

Good to see you posting again. :toast

marini martini
03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Good to see you posting again. :toast

thanx mouse!!!:toast

Re-Animator
03-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Next time post what personal problems you may have so we can be up to date with what's going on in your life, after all we are all family like it or not. Don't be embarrassed, at the same time personal life does not have to be shared either. But a small post about what you have been dealing with the last 3 weeks can give us an idea why Sophie did not make it to your place. I don't want you to get a bad rap, and before anyone can say anything ask them if they offered me help or suggestions.

I think maybe 5 posters actually chimed in with advice or help, but I don't hold a grudge very long and I understand why they didn't.

I hope things improve at home and thank you for at least offering Sophie a nice home. That took courage and commentate, you should at least get shinny Spur under your screen name.

:smokin

marini martini
03-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Next time post what personal problems you may have so we can be up to date with what's going on in your life, after all we are all family like it or not. Don't be embarrassed, at the same time personal life does not have to be shared either. But a small post about what you have been dealing with the last 3 weeks can give us an idea why Sophie did not make it to your place. I don't want you to get a bad rap, and before anyone can say anything ask them if they offered me help or suggestions.

I think maybe 5 posters actually chimed in with advice or help, but I don't hold a grudge very long and I understand why they didn't.

I hope things improve at home and thank you for at least offering Sophie a nice home. That took courage and commentate, you should at least get shinny Spur under your screen name.

:smokin

In a nut shell: whacked off SIL has been in jail for sendinding terroristic threats to my DD.:tu Protective order has been issued!!!

Happy Pappy???:toast

gollum
03-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Happy Pappy???:toast

Rack the Seinfeld reset! :lmao

I. Hustle
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Well I didn't get the job. The manager is a freakin idiot. She waited all this time to tell me because she is a coward. She was scared of disappointing her manager and my manager because they were both pulling for me. Turns out she gave it to someone in her department because she knows jackshit about her job and wouldn't be able to train me and the person that got it would have been too pissed and wouldn't want to train me. So the other peeps in that department came up to me and told me since I didn't get it they are all going to transfer out of there. I thought they were BSing but my manager confirmed that they were appying for our area and others.

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Well I didn't get the job. The manager is a freakin idiot. She waited all this time to tell me because she is a coward. She was scared of disappointing her manager and my manager because they were both pulling for me. Turns out she gave it to someone in her department because she knows jackshit about her job and wouldn't be able to train me and the person that got it would have been too pissed and wouldn't want to train me. So the other peeps in that department came up to me and told me since I didn't get it they are all going to transfer out of there. I thought they were BSing but my manager confirmed that they were appying for our area and others.

BS. Sorry, Hustle. Office politics is a pain in the ass.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
wat sort of company you work for and dept? or type of position we talkin about here?

I. Hustle
03-08-2010, 08:48 PM
BS. Sorry, Hustle. Office politics is a pain in the ass.

Thanks Ash. And thanks for the boob pics you sent me. They did help.

I. Hustle
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
wat sort of company you work for and dept? or type of position we talkin about here?

I work for a very large bank. It was a supervisor position

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks Ash. And thanks for the boob pics you sent me. They did help.

:tu I do what I can.

mrsmaalox
03-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh well, it's their loss. Keep yourself visible, your turn is coming up :toast

Debbie Downer
03-08-2010, 09:04 PM
At least you didn't get fired.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 10:18 PM

dont lie man, ur a teller

the job you were applyin for, was it better pay?

umm

symple19
03-08-2010, 10:20 PM

I'm currently packing the bus full of C-4, let me know when you're not there...

ploto
03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Turns out she gave it to someone in her department because she knows jackshit about her job and wouldn't be able to train me and the person that got it would have been too pissed and wouldn't want to train me.

Sounds like maybe you are better off not having this person for your boss.

I. Hustle
03-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Sounds like maybe you are better off not having this person for your boss.

That is what my current manager told me. She didn't say anything to me though because she wanted me to make my own decisions.

I. Hustle
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
dont lie man, ur a teller

the job you were applyin for, was it better pay?

umm

Nah I work FOR a bank and not IN a bank. Yeah the job was much better pay.

I. Hustle
03-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Here is what she told me. She said that I didn't sell myself enough. She said that the other person did. She actually had the nuts to tell me that I was better qualified and had more experience. She said that if she didn't work for the same company she wouldn't understand some of the things on my resume. The thing is you DO work for the same company you idiot. That is why I put those things in there because they pertain to the job! What a moron. She also said that I was too conservative and seemed too quiet!!! ME!!!! She also told me that I needed to meet some more people in the building. WTF?! Everyone in that freakin building knows me! I joke with the person that runs that shit regularly. I am on THREE different commitees and have organized several team building activities with groups consisting of people from every department.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Here is what she told me. She said that I didn't sell myself enough. She said that the other person did. She actually had the nuts to tell me that I was better qualified and had more experience. She said that if she didn't work for the same company she wouldn't understand some of the things on my resume. The thing is you DO work for the same company you idiot. That is why I put those things in there because they pertain to the job! What a moron. She also said that I was too conservative and seemed too quiet!!! ME!!!! She also told me that I needed to meet some more people in the building. WTF?! Everyone in that freakin building knows me! I joke with the person that runs that shit regularly. I am on THREE different commitees and have organized several team building activities with groups consisting of people from every department.

That's good resume advice. Changing jargon on resumes is always a good idea. I found myself doing that a lot with my ACORN and ACORN Housing job(s) since it was so one dimensional. Ask yourself - if someone who isn't doing your job or someone at the company is reading the resume would be able to understand what you are doing.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Nah I work FOR a bank and not IN a bank. Yeah the job was much better pay.

You a analyst? or what?

san antonio spurs
03-08-2010, 11:42 PM
We're hiring here at Royal Bank, whenever you want to move north we would welcome you. :toast Out of curiosity are you a CFA? CA? what's your field?

grindmouse
03-08-2010, 11:56 PM
These kind of moments in life help to build character. You will learn from it and if your smart and hard working opportunities will appear. Just think of people who live in a wheelchair or can't see how many jobs you think they never got?

All I know is i got a dam good job after my girlfriend left me and my life is finally going somewhere, maybe I off set the balance and made worlds collide, maybe me getting a job made you not get a job. if that is the case I will quit my job so you can get yours.

RGMCSE
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
That's good resume advice. Changing jargon on resumes is always a good idea. I found myself doing that a lot with my ACORN and ACORN Housing job(s) since it was so one dimensional. Ask yourself - if someone who isn't doing your job or someone at the company is reading the resume would be able to understand what you are doing.

This is fucking gold!

Rob

ploto
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
She actually had the nuts to tell me that I was better qualified and had more experience.

Well, then she is stupid.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
imo, the fastest way to move up the corporate ladder is to move out.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-09-2010, 12:41 AM
These kind of moments in life help to build character. You will learn from it and if your smart and hard working opportunities will appear. Just think of people who live in a wheelchair or can't see how many jobs you think they never got?

All I know is i got a dam good job after my girlfriend left me and my life is finally going somewhere, maybe I off set the balance and made worlds collide, maybe me getting a job made you not get a job. if that is the case I will quit my job so you can get yours.

Glad to hear it, mouse. :toast

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2010, 03:08 AM
is mouse talkin about his dog? as in gf? wtf

florige
03-09-2010, 08:57 AM

That sucks man! Oh well you work for a large bank, so I know there will be other opportunities down the road. You are probably next in line.

grindmouse
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Glad to hear it, mouse. :toast

Dude I only said I got a job, I never said I could keep it. :lmao

I have some more very rare pics of me working.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Advanced%20Applied%20Constuction%20Services/DSCF3747.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Dude I only said I got a job, I never said I could keep it. :lmao

I have some more very rare pics of me working.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Advanced%20Applied%20Constuction%20Services/DSCF3747.jpg

u teachin migrants englist?