PDA

View Full Version : Bowen and Skip

nbaman99
03-02-2010, 01:38 PM
ESPN_FirstTake
3 time NBA Champion @Bowen12 gets his first shot at @RealSkipBayless tomorrow.

This just posted on twitter. looks like Bowen taking on Skip tomorrow.

DesignatedT
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
skip is a piece of shit

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Skip is going to come down with a rash following 1st & 10.

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Bruce Bowen on NBA Coast to Coast on ESPN2 RIGHT NOW!

usckk
03-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Why are people hatin' on Skip? He has always voiced his love for the Spurs, calling them "my team".

Spurologist
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Skip always makes good points.....no matter how crazy or fucked up they are

Russ
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
ESPN_FirstTake
3 time NBA Champion @Bowen12 gets his first shot at @RealSkipBayless tomorrow.

This will be interesting -- Skip will be maintaining that the Spurs still have a chance to win it all this year.

Bruce will be telling Skip that the Spurs have little or no chance.

Spurs fans will get dizzy trying to follow it all. :lol

Truckules
03-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Skip says some things that people don't like, but he's right more than 50% of the time. That's better than almost everyone else on ESPN.

FeZZy
03-02-2010, 11:21 PM
NICE I like him more than jim rome i can't stand that guy

K-State Spur
03-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Why are people hatin' on Skip? He has always voiced his love for the Spurs, calling them "my team".

Not really. Up through the 2005 team, he constantly belittled the Spurs and called them boring.

Then, when it became chic for everybody else in the media to do so, he went the other way and jumped on the bandwagon just to be different.

pawe
03-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Id love to see Bowen pull a Chad Ochocinco "child please" line when Skip tells him the Spurs are not going to make the playoffs this season.

lennyalderette
03-03-2010, 12:55 AM
yeah skip just goes against the grain but its amazing how he comes up with legit reasons in such a hurry. but yeah he does back the spurs

taps
03-03-2010, 02:28 AM
i wonder if he'll tell bowen there's nobody as good as his 39 year old ass in the regular rotation

blkroadrunners
03-03-2010, 02:36 AM
I don't mind Skip Bayless. He says a lot of stupid stuff especially involving Dwyane Wade, but he's been right in a few of his predictions involving the Spurs (like calling Gm7 against the Hornets in 2008 and saying Udoka and Ginobili would step up).

Chucho
03-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Skip certainly has the few credentials essential to working for ESPN, the ability to hop on bandwagons without a scrape and his straw is big enough to drink gallons of kool aid with a single slurp.

tothrowed
03-03-2010, 04:10 AM
can someone record first take and post it on youtube cuz i cant watch it

#2!
03-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Bruce has been a bit shaky IMO on some of the other ESPN stuff I've seen him doing. His answers are can be short, and he seems to think that wearing a bow tie being Bruce Bowen gives him a little slack. The 1st & 10 format, and Skip's well-explained, and hyperactively delivered arguments do not bode well for someone with those on-air qualities.

I just don't want to see Bruce look like a fool, hopefully he prepares his answers thoughtfully, and can stay loose.lol

sammy
03-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Bruce will hold his own. If he gets irritated with Skip all he has to do karate kick his ass! LOL!:lol

J.T.
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
It's on right now. First topics were all about the NFL. Bowen has argued mostly with Jay so far, not much or at all with Skip. Talked about how Michael Vick needs to be a little more grateful to the Eagles for giving him another shot after the dogfighting thing (if you don't follow football, Vick was on a radio show the other day saying he would like to play for the Carolina Panthers so he could have two shots a year to beat his old team, the Falcons).

Then they talked about Donovan McNabb possibly being traded to another team and Bruce said that it shows what a great leader McNabb is because they talk about trading him every year and he still plays at an All-Pro level year in and year out when there's tons of pressure on him from fans and media.

That was it for the first part.

J.T.
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
:lmao

They were talking aboot the OKC Thunder having a great young core, and Bowen started comparing them to the Spurs saying they're build around Durant like the Spurs are around Duncan, and saying Westbrook and Green are the Parker and Ginobili roles (he just compared those players' roles on the Thunder, not saying they were equal for all you homers who want to misinterpret) and said that was because Sam Presti came to OKC from the Spurs.

Then talked about how the Nuggets aren't playing up to their potential and the reason is because they're not focused and act like they've been there before when they haven't. Everyone else was pretty much silent while he was on a roll. Skip was all like I've got nothin'. It was great.

J.T.
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Says the Spurs can get to the WCF and the problem right now is the new players getting used to the Spurs complicated system. Said DeJuan Blair gives the Spurs a rebounder they haven't had since David Robinson which is kind of full of shit, but the guys ripped him a little for that comparison. But Bowen thinks if the Spurs get it together down the stretch they'll be a dangerous playoff team.

Russ
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
But Bowen thinks if the Spurs get it together down the stretch they'll be a dangerous playoff team.

You mean he didn't see the wisdom of tanking the season?

Sobe_Kucks
03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Not really. Up through the 2005 team, he constantly belittled the Spurs and called them boring.

Then, when it became chic for everybody else in the media to do so, he went the other way and jumped on the bandwagon just to be different.

That's EXACTLY how I remember it. He truned when everyone else in the mdeia made a big deal about how well the Spurs organiation was for turning a small market team into an NBA powerhouse blah blah blah.

Skip can make a point every now and again but fo the most part he's #$*&^ing annoying.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
OKC is building on the Spurs model, and Blair is the best rebounder the Spurs have had alongside Duncan since Robinson retired. Good takes by Bowen IMO.

CubanSucks
03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
It's on right now. First topics were all about the NFL. Bowen has argued mostly with Jay so far, not much or at all with Skip. Talked about how Michael Vick needs to be a little more grateful to the Eagles for giving him another shot after the dogfighting thing (if you don't follow football, Vick was on a radio show the other day saying he would like to play for the Carolina Panthers so he could have two shots a year to beat his old team, the Falcons).

Then they talked about Donovan McNabb possibly being traded to another team and Bruce said that it shows what a great leader McNabb is because they talk about trading him every year and he still plays at an All-Pro level year in and year out when there's tons of pressure on him from fans and media.

That was it for the first part.

To me Jay is the most annoying of all. He thinks he knows just as much as everyone else while cracking that faggey ass smile. That little bitch looks like a mouse

picc84
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Always liked that Bowen guy. The pink bowtie was a nice touch.

The Truth #6
03-03-2010, 04:01 PM
The bowtie makes me think he's with Nation of Islam. Ha. It's a classy touch and brilliant way to clean up his image for those that labeled him dirty.

taps
03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah Bowen was basically owning the debate through the NFL and NBA talk. Then as soon as the Spurs topic came up the first thing out of Broussard's mouth was something about Bowen being bias trying to keep his paycheck. He came off like a dick but Skip was pretty quick to call him a bigger butthurt Cleveland homer than Jay Crawford, which he is.

Bruce's analysis was one of the rare positive Spurs takes I've heard recently that made sense. He made good points about the big 3 core and SPAM and the clicking that's starting with Dice, Blair, RJ.

DesignatedT
03-03-2010, 05:55 PM
anyone have a video of them talking about the spurs?

tothrowed
03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1109

purist
03-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Bayless is one of the biggest d bags in sports broadcasting. Without the Cowboy organization he's nothing. The team he loved to hate made him who he is today, but he doesn't have the access to any other team in any sport than what he had in dallas yet he thinks he has insight.
His takes are shallow, his voice annoying, and his knowledge limited.

eyeh8u
03-04-2010, 01:02 AM
skip always talks about how fit he is and how strict his diet is, i think he is compensating for never being a pro athlete