PDA

View Full Version : Harvey: Finley's exit wound

duncan228
03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Finley's exit wound (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/buckharvey/2010/03/finleys-exit-wound.html)
By Buck Harvey

Gregg Popovich won't hold a grudge over this. But it's likely he also won't hold the same high regard he once had for Michael Finley.

What Popovich said -- and didn't say Monday night -- suggests that.

xamila rey
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
looks like Harvey reads timvp posts..

dbestpro
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Another take that you won't hear in the press is that Finley wants another ring and he does not believe the Spurs can compete whether he plays or not.

Mr Bones
03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow. It seems it's impossible for any sportswriter on earth to publish an article that isn't immediately followed by someone claiming all of the info in it was stolen from Spurstalk.

Cane
03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Lets not forget that Finley only came here to win a ring and make the most of his last years to reach championship goals. On another tangent, wasn't he still getting paid by Cuban when he won his first ring?

Mason Jr. wanted minutes and had minor media attention about it, Theo was traded and is getting minutes in CHA, and now Finley left for minutes and the chance to get another ring.

It'd be hard for any old roleplayer to turn down an opportunity to play on a top team. Unfortunately the Spurs don't look like one right now; whether its being a first round exit last year or 7th in the incredibly competitive West now.

NBA is a game about business and "what have you done for me lately"? For Finley and the Spurs, the answer is "not enough". This kind of mentality is why the Spurs will let Ginobili be a free agent next season.

mexicanjunior
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Another take that you won't hear in the press is that Finley wants another ring and he does not believe the Spurs can compete whether he plays or not.

He's right...

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM

...and he'd be correct, too.

This story gets keeps getting better and better.

So much for the "consummate professional" and "class act" tags that most here have hung around his neck.

Mel_13
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Finley's exit wound (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/buckharvey/2010/03/finleys-exit-wound.html)
By Buck Harvey

There's something else the Spurs won't like: It appears Finley's agent talked to other teams, weighing interest, before Finley approached Popovich.

If true, this constitutes bad faith on the part of Finley and his agent.

Conversations with teammates or approaching management to register a concern about PT are one thing. Having your agent test the waters with competing franchises while still under contract is quite another. That's just bad conduct no matter how you slice it.

lurker23
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
I know there's a tampering rule about talking to players currently under contract about their upcoming free agency. Is there a similar rule about players who are potentially being waived within the season? I imagine it's not kosher by the rules, and at the very least is a gray area.

it's me
03-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Lol @ Tony ventilating whatever his teammates say to him……

TheChillFactor
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
pop is freaking naive to have these love affairs with all these old guys. we keep them around because they are supposed to be leaders and "have gotten over themselves" when in fact they're as big of prima donnas as anyone else...

give me some younger headcase that can play over these old guys who think they "deserve" to play.

lurker23
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
94. What is tampering?

Tampering is when a player or team directly or indirectly entices, induces or persuades anybody (player, general manager, etc.) who is under contract with another team to negotiate for their services. The NBA takes tampering very seriously and may impose stiff penalties if it is discovered, however the league will not investigate unless another team files tampering charges. Here are some examples:

* The Miami Heat were discovered to have tampered with Pat Riley in 1995 by negotiating with Riley while he was still head coach of the New York Knicks. The Heat "settled," and avoided league-imposed penalties, by compensating the Knicks with $1 million and their first round draft pick in 1996.
* After Will Perdue left San Antonio in the 1999 offseason to sign with Chicago, he commented to the press about the possibility of the Bulls signing Tim Duncan and/or Grant Hill in 2000. The league considered this to be tampering, and issued Perdue a warning.

You may have noticed that when general managers and other team personnel talk to the press, they are careful to avoid talking about specific players who play for other teams. They do this in order to avoid tampering.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q94

I doubt the Spurs would bring up tampering charges, and might not even have ground to stand on since they willingly waived Finley. However, even if the player's agent initiates the discussion, anything the team says can basically be considered tampering, and the NBA takes any tampering very seriously.

Like I said, I don't think anything will come of it (don't hold your breath for a first round draft pick), but I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA at least sends a stern warning letter to Finley's agent.

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Wonder how Pop feels now that his wonderboy basically cheated on him behind his back?

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
You guys never let anything go, do you?

He's gone.

Be happy for once.

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Wonder how Pop feels now that his wonderboy basically cheated on him behind his back?

I'll say it again. Pop and RC were damn fools for not using Finley's expiring contract in a deal that would've produced either Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons or both. They simply should've gotten rid of Finley's ass at the trade deadline. Chances are Chicago would've simply cut him and he could've been free to sign with whomever he wanted. Pop only has himself to blame for this fiasco.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I'll say it again. Pop and RC were damn fools for not using Finley's expiring contract in a deal that would've produced either Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons or both. They simply should've gotten rid of Finley's ass at the trade deadline. Chances are Chicago would've simply cut him and he could've been free to sign with whomever he wanted. Pop only has himself to blame for this fiasco.It's only a fiasco in your mind.

The Spurs want the expiring contracts to expire.

alchemist
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Lol @ Tony ventilating whatever his teammates say to him……
:lmao he's the last guy you should tell a secret to

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
It's only a fiasco in your mind.

The Spurs want the expiring contracts to expire.

Yeah it's obvious now. There is a complete about face to the 2-year offseason championship-upgrade strategy that has failed miserably, so far.

However, upgrading the talent level at a reasonable cost should always be in vogue.

toki9
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe this will galvanize the team...feeling like people bailing on you could create a "bunker" mentality and bring the remaining group closer...yeah, I'm reaching...

Chomag
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
"Still, Parker admitted Finley had come to him about his concerns, just as Bowen had, except Finley was more direct. He wanted out."

Oh WOW! The more and more as this story unfolds the more and more Finley is looking bad. Just as my respect and high opinions of him are going down the tube...

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah it's obvious now. There is a complete about face to the 2-year offseason championship-upgrade strategy that has failed miserably, so far.So the answer isn't spending more money.

However, upgrading the talent level at a reasonable cost should always be in vogue.It's easy to declare a cost reasonable when it isn't your money.

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
So the answer isn't spending more money.

It's easy to declare a cost reasonable when it isn't your money.

The answer is making wise personnel decisions.

And you're right, it's not my money. I'm just a lowly fan, playing armchair GM. And I still contend a low-cost trade investment to upgrade the talent level for next year would've served them well.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 04:58 PM
The answer is making wise personnel decisions.Well duh.

And you're right, it's not my money. I'm just a lowly fan, playing armchair GM.Right. You'd probably be a more realistic armchair GM if you considered the financial situation of the Spurs and the NBA.

G-Nob
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
The about face isn't the shocking part of it. They tried it and it didn't work.

The problem I have is instead of shoring up depth, they relegate to saving pennies. That is good for business in general but bad for NBA ownership. Other owners such Buss, Cuban and the Grousbecks really don't let a little tax bill stand in the way of staying competitive.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
The about face isn't the shocking part of it. They tried it and it didn't work.

The problem I have is instead of shoring up depth, they relegate to saving pennies. That is good for business in general but bad for NBA ownership. Other owners such Buss, Cuban and the Grousbecks really don't let a little tax bill stand in the way of staying competitive.Their franchises make more money.

G-Nob
03-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Their franchises make more money.

Because they care about more than just the bottom line.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Because they care about more than just the bottom line.No. That's not the reason.

ss1986v2
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM

id think media market has more to do with it than that.

Old School 44
03-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm glad he's gone, but I don't blame him for asking for more minutes.

He's witnessed from the front row what we saw, Pop trotting out Bogans night after night. He's probably thinking, "I can clang 3 pointers better than that!"
I'm surprised there aren't more guys complaining. Notice, how the complaints about playing time are coming from our veteran 2 guards. If a lot of people here are upset about Bogan's minutes, can you imagine what Fin and Mason are thinking?

If you believe the guys in front of you are better, it's easier to swallow the low/no playing time, but if you don't, you start questioning the coach's decisions.

Chomag
03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm glad he's gone, but I don't blame him for asking for more minutes.

He's witnessed from the front row what we saw, Pop trotting out Bogans night after night. He's probably thinking, "I can clang 3 pointers better than that!"
I'm surprised there aren't more guys complaining. Notice, how the complaints about playing time are coming from our veteran 2 guards. If a lot of people here are upset about Bogan's minutes, can you imagine what Fin and Mason are thinking?

If you believe the guys in front of you are better, it's easier to swallow the low/no playing time, but if you don't, you start questioning the coach's decisions.

I sort of understand as well. Being benched behind Bogans would make any player mad.

Ask Mason, Hairston is probably just as angry but he has been a bit more quiet about it since he is not an established player.

boutons_deux
03-02-2010, 05:13 PM
"not using Finley's expiring contract in a deal that would've produced either Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons"

depends on when Michael told Pop he wanted out. before or after the deadline?

Muser
03-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I love how Finley thinks he can contribute to a contender. Good look with that.

G-Nob
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
id think media market has more to do with it than that.

You dont have to preach to me about market size. Creative ownership is all about marketing and creating revenue for your team on and off the court.

And last I checked, being the country's 7th largest city is nothing to sneeze at.

timaios
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Finley is at the end of his career and he wants to play... what is wrong with that ?
It is maybe his final season and he's not anymore in the Spurs plans.

Almost every Spurs fans wanted him to go before all that "drama" and now almost every Spurs fans are whining about his wish to leave.

Get over it. For me, Michael Finley is a great guy. I enjoyed watching him play for the Spurs and win a well deserved ring with them.

If another team wants to give him some playing time, good for him.

I mean, when Pop throws away great guys like Bowen, Oberto and Thomas, it's OK but when a player wants to leave, it's a scandal ???

Come on. :rolleyes

5in10
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
What did he try to say about bowen? did he act like a professional or didn't he? and why did pop roll his eyes?

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
You dont have to preach to me about market size. Creative ownership is all about marketing and creating revenue for your team on and off the court.And the Spurs have done quite well in that respect, working on a different level than big market teams.

And last I checked, being the country's 7th largest city is nothing to sneeze at.San Antonio is not the 7th largest metropolitan area or media market, not by a long shot. That's Dallas/Ft. Worth.

ss1986v2
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
You dont have to preach to me about market size. Creative ownership is all about marketing and creating revenue for your team on and off the court.

And last I checked, being the country's 7th largest city is nothing to sneeze at.

dont we come in right around 37th as far as media market though?

Dark Matter
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Finley is at the end of his career and he wants to play... what is wrong with that ?
It is maybe his final season and he's not anymore in the Spurs plans.

Almost every Spurs fans wanted him to go before all that "drama" and now almost every Spurs fans are whining about his wish to leave.

Get over it. For me, Michael Finley is a great guy. I enjoyed watching him play for the Spurs and win a well deserved ring with them.

If another team wants to give him some playing time, good for him.

I mean, when Pop throws away great guys like Bowen, Oberto and Thomas, it's OK but when a player wants to leave, it's a scandal ???

Come on. :rolleyes

This.

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 05:24 PM
It's true. Last I heard, San Antontio was listed somewhere in the 30's in terms of media market size. This despite being a top 10 city in terms of size. Also corporate sponsorship is severely lacking.

The problem now is with apparent lean times ahead and the championship window now closed, the team could see a decline at the box office. This team can't afford several years of mediocrity or even losing seasons. However, after Duncan hangs it up, there is a high probability that that's all there will be.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
It's true. Last I heard, San Antontio was listed somewhere in the 30's in terms of media market size. This despite being a top 10 city in terms of size. Also corporate sponsorship is severely lacking.

The problem now is with apparent lean times ahead and the championship window now closed, the team could see a decline at the box office. This team can't afford several years of mediocrity or even losing seasons. However, after Duncan hangs it up, there is a high probability that that's all there will be.They can survive. They just can't spend the way they have in the past -- few NBA teams can. Expecting them to do so even next season is unrealistic. That means the choice wasn't keeping Finley, Mason and Bonner over getting Salmons and Thomas. The choice was between Salmons and Thomas and being able to make an attempt at keeping Manu. If you can prove that those players would have the same value as Manu to the Spurs as a business, you might have an argument.

Old School 44
03-02-2010, 05:27 PM
I sort of understand as well. Being benched behind Bogans would make any player mad.

Ask Mason, Hairston is probably just as angry but he has been a bit more quite about it since he is not an established player.

Exactly! I agree with your take on Hairston and I'd say the same for Mahinmi. Hopefully, this same scenario doesn't spread to the F/C position if Bonner gets more minutes over McDyess and Blair.

DesignatedT
what a bitch

Spurminator
The biggest shock here is that Harvey didn't title the article "Exit Wound? Finley's Exit"

smeagol
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM

When people here a player wants out they get pretty pissed around here

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
The complaints are warranted from the fans here..

I understand Finley wanting to play and all, that's natural, but it's the circumstances..his agent talked to other teams LOL..Finley has been getting unwarranted minutes for YEARS now, despite being one of the worst all-around players in the NBA, and he has the balls to ask for more minutes?! LOL..

I'm not going to hate on him for that, I'm going to laugh about it..it's funny more than anything..

there's no way somebody can be that delusional about his worth right now..he can't actually believe he's going to get minutes anywhere else..he's arguably the worst all-around player in the NBA at this point of his career..

the only way I'll hate on Finley for this is if he's leaving the Spurs so he can have a better chance at a ring..that would be low, considering he came here to have a better chance at a ring in the first place..what right does he have to just ask to leave so he can go to a better team?..

if that's the case, then I'll hate on him..if it's for more minutes, I'll just laugh, because it's sad that he's so delusional, which is the case for a lot of over the hell athletes..

ElNono
03-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Hopefully TP can concentrate on basketball instead of all that crap...
We need everybody on the same page if we're going to make a push.
As far as Finley and Pop, well, it's history now. I think looking back Bowen deserved as much praise if not more for his professionalism and devotion to the team. But time will take care of giving credits where they're due.
In hindsight, giving Fin a two year extension with a player option for the second season was a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes though. Time to move on.

Flux451
03-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Analogy

I once had a girlfriend, hot philipian shorty.
SHe was dope, but too naive for me and wasn't a trophy in my book. So I slightly flirted with this half german, half cuban gymnast shorty that was the bomb, to test waters. So, I broke up with the pinay and got with the gymnast since I had a go ahead before I was actually single. Finely I feel you, but that was wrong!! We are both assholes. In my case though. The gymnast looked liked the manstealer. :king

lurker23
03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
For the record, San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the country, but the 28th largest metropolitan area and the 37th largest television market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Ar eas
http://www.tvjobs.com/cgi-bin/markets/market2.cgi

pjjrfan
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I appreciate what he did for my Spurs, things don't always end pretty, but it seems like if they guy wanted to leave, let him go, why Buck has to dig up all this BS really serves no purpose. I keep hearing that Buck is Pop's tool, stuff like this makes me think that it's true.

Ocotillo
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
It's only natural since the team is not performing up to the standards they have in recent years that we would hear more grumbling from players about playing time.

Winning goes a long way toward soothing hurt feelings but when the losses mount up, guys get more sensitive about playing time.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
At some point Pop needs to realize the extent to which he tests the professionalism of every player that wants to win with his fucked-up lineup decisions. Finley stinks, but who blames him for thinking he could be doing a better job than Bogans? The fact is, he probably could.

jjktkk
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
"not using Finley's expiring contract in a deal that would've produced either Tyrus Thomas, John Salmons"

depends on when Michael told Pop he wanted out. before or after the deadline?

Wrong. Chicago wanted more than expiring contracts. They also wanted a 1st round pick, which obviously the Spurs did not want to include.

jjktkk
03-02-2010, 06:34 PM

But 37th in television market size.

jjktkk
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
As far as Finley and Pop, well, it's history now. I think looking back Bowen deserved as much praise if not more for his professionalism and devotion to the team. But time will take care of giving credits where they're due.
In hindsight, giving Fin a two year extension with a player option for the second season was a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes though. Time to move on.

All that crap being mutiple injuries? I give major props for trying to fight thru injuries this year. Jeez Potato head go back to picking on Pop.

G-Nob
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Also corporate sponsorship is severely lacking.

I don't know, man. They still have Coke, Southwest and Anheiser Busch. The problem is we also have Brake Check and Pool Concepts(?). Its frustrating when you watch league pass and other teams have verizon and lexus. I think that is why they need more creative ownership to get us through the tough times ahead.

jag
03-02-2010, 07:16 PM

You act as if TP is holding a sign over his head offering emotional support. He's the PG and he's been in SA longer than anyone not named Tim Duncan. I fail to see how it's his fault that other players are bitching to him about PT.

ElNono
03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
All that crap being mutiple injuries? I give major props for trying to fight thru injuries this year. Jeez Potato head go back to picking on Pop.

'All that crap' being other players unloading on him how they feel.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, ask. Don't assume.

ElNono
03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
You act as if TP is holding a sign over his head offering emotional support. He's the PG and he's been in SA longer than anyone not named Tim Duncan. I fail to see how it's his fault that other players are bitching to him about PT.

It's not his fault at all. I'm not blaming him AT ALL.
I actually have no doubt whatsoever that he's an excellent teammate and cares about veteran teammates confiding with him.
That, however, can turn into a distraction. So, I'm glad that's over with.

jag
03-02-2010, 07:23 PM
It's not his fault at all. I'm not blaming him AT ALL.
I actually have no doubt whatsoever that he's an excellent teammate and cares about veteran teammates confiding with him.
That, however, can turn into a distraction.

Fair enough. At this point he's probably glad to see Finley go, so i doubt it should be a problem.

ElNono
03-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Fair enough. At this point he's probably glad to see Finley go, so i doubt it should be a problem.

That's exactly my point. He didn't ask to be the guy teammates unload their opinions on, but I'm sure he took the responsibility because he's a great teammate. So I'm glad that's over with now.

timvp
03-02-2010, 07:27 PM
There's something else the Spurs won't like: It appears Finley's agent talked to other teams, weighing interest, before Finley approached Popovich.

I'm so glad that scrub is no longer on the team anymore. Giving him that two-year contract in 2008 was one of the dumbest things this FO has ever done. I thought it was hilariously stupid at the time but it has actually been worse than I thought.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm so glad that scrub is no longer on the team anymore. Giving him that two-year contract in 2008 was one of the dumbest things this FO has ever done. I thought it was hilariously stupid at the time but it has actually been worse than I thought.

Agreed. I'm glad Fin shit on his reputation on his way out the door so we wouldn't have to listen to people say how great he is, and I'm also glad his behavior sheds some light on what Bowen was going through last year and how he handled it.

jag
03-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey: Does Fin know? He leaves as he arrived
Michael Finley arrived in San Antonio as a surprise. Now he leaves the same way.

But there might be more to this. When Finley pulled Gregg Popovich to the side and told him he wanted an opportunity to play elsewhere, was it because Finley still believed in himself?

Or because he didn't believe in the Spurs?

His relocation won't change playoff dynamics. Reports suggest the Celtics and Lakers might have interest, but Finley will most likely be insurance for any contender that signs him.

Maybe that's another reason Popovich said he was “very surprised” when Finley asked to be released. Finley turns 37 on Saturday, and he's gone 2 for 18 since returning from his sprained ankle. Yet Finley thinks there's another playoff team with room in the rotation for him?

If anything, Finley's departure might help Popovich better define his bench. The Spurs beat the Hornets on Monday night with basically an eight-man rotation.

If Popovich thought Finley had anything left, he would have been playing him. He always loved Finley's approach and presence, and he loved what happened in a training camp moment in the fall of 2006.

Then, the entire team had to run extra suicide sprints because two young Spurs didn't finish in the mandated time. After practice was over, Finley took control and made the two run the course again as punishment.

Finley and the other Spurs cheered them on, and they made the time. The coaches, having left the floor, returned to watch. They said they had never seen anything like it.

“He's in that Joe Dumars mold,” Popovich said later of Finley. “He comes to work, he does his job, and he cares about everybody.”

That was Finley, ever the professional. He was durable, missing only a half-dozen games in the previous four seasons, and his shooting could be spectacular. He threw in a franchise-record eight 3-pointers to close out the Nuggets in the 2007 playoffs.

Still, he wasn't like Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry or Brent Barry. Finley had been a scorer and an All-Star before he became a Spur, and he carried himself differently. He took his time after games, wearing suits as his Chicago idol, Michael Jordan, always did, and he waited to talk to the press in his own time.

When his minutes fell this season, however, he was just like Bowen, Horry and Barry had been before. He was unhappy.

Unlike the others, sitting was new for Finley. “He's a competitor,” Henry Thomas, his agent, told a reporter Monday, “who has never been in that position (of not playing) before.”

But Finley's arrival in San Antonio hints at another possible factor in his departure. Then, in 2005, Mark Cuban chose to buy out his contract to save on the luxury tax, and Finley was free to sign with anyone.

Finley could have gotten more money from Miami or Detroit then, or he could have teamed with a friend, Steve Nash, in Phoenix. Instead, he chose the defending champs, where Tim Duncan made winning more likely.

Finley was eventually proven right. After enduring Cuban's taunts that first season in the playoffs in Dallas, as well as Jason Terry's below-the-belt punch, Finley won the championship he came for.

Those who were there in Cleveland at the postgame party remember this image: Finley holding onto the trophy as if he would never let go.

Winning attracts players. Sitting on the bench of a winner is easier, too.

So maybe this is another discouraging sign for the Spurs. They are optimistic today, hoping consecutive wins against Phoenix and New Orleans will turn into something more, but they are still a seventh seed.

When they used to be a destination for those wanting a ring.

ElNono
03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I actually love the fact that Pop got bitchslapped by the 'ultimate professional'...

jag
03-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I think he's a good guy who just can't let it go. He wants to play and he wants to win. You don't go from being a great teammate, leader and professional, to a piece of shit, overnight. Maybe there's more that went on behind the scenes, or maybe not. Either way, it's obvious he couldn't handle the idea of ending his career on the bench with a losing team and a coach that still hasn't figured out the starting rotation.

You have to remember that he took less money to come to SA. The Spurs did a lot for him, and no, he didn't handle the end of his tenure well. But it doesn't completely negate all the good things he did while in SA.

ploto
03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Big surprise-- an article from Buck bashing the guy who wanted out with a side bash at Bowen.

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I think he's a good guy who just can't let it go. He wants to play and he wants to win. You don't go from being a great teammate, leader and professional, to a piece of shit, overnight. Maybe there's more that went on behind the scenes, or maybe not. Either way, it's obvious he couldn't handle the idea of ending his career on the bench with a losing team and a coach that still hasn't figured out the starting rotation.

You have to remember that he took less money to come to SA. The Spurs did a lot for him, and no, he didn't handle the end of his tenure well. But it doesn't completely negate all the good things he did while in SA.

Finley didn't take less money to come to the Spurs. Recall that he was still on his original max contract from the Mavs. The Mavs ended up invoking the one-time amnesty clause that allowed teams to release one player to avoid luxury tax penalties. Finley was getting his Mavs salary, while drawing a low-budget salary from the Spurs. In essence, he was double-dipping, which is an ideal dream for any employee.

As I've said previously, this divorce should've occurred about 2 years before. The FO should've never signed Finley to an extension.

Thompson
03-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I am disappointed that it was apparently less amicable than I thought initially. Oh, well; I'm glad it's over. Hairston better get a lot more time (though Bogans is still in the way, at least in Pop's mind).

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
We can all say what we want about the Spurs fiscal strategy. However, the Charlotte Bobcats are hemmorhaging more money and swimming in much more debt than the Spurs. They may not have the luxury tax implications the Spurs have this year, but somehow they found ways to upgrade the talent level on their team. They flipped a few of their expiring contracts for Tyrus Thomas and traded for Stephen Jackson.

I simply would've rather seen the Spurs use Finley's contract to do the same.

weebo
03-02-2010, 08:03 PM
LOL @ Mike Fin

urunobili
03-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Im so fucking glad this piece of garbage is no longer our problem... go rot somewhere else you fucking waste...

#2!
03-02-2010, 09:02 PM
this is reading way too far into things, but I'll throw it out there anyways.

Anybody else think its weird that 2 different veteran players have felt comfortable talking to Tony about their disappointment with the team, or their desire to leave it?

I mean I get it that they're friends, but that isn't the type of thing you'll tell just any co-worker. From my experience, people usually tell things like that to people they believe either feel the same way, or is disinterested in what's going on, and so are low risk for spreading the rumor.

Being a spurs fan has made me so paranoid. lol

Booharv
03-02-2010, 09:08 PM

He's gone.

Be happy for once.

Russ
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Players, like Finley, who do even one thing during their entire career to make less money than they otherwise could are a rarity.

They get a lifetime exemption, in my book, from the typical fan laments about how players are way too disloyal and just out for themselves, and, the real doozy -- they don't "love the team" as much as the fans do.

It's easy to jump on a guy when he asks to leave. Finley's not a saint, but overall, he's a pretty good guy -- one who has been very much underappreciated by Spurs' fans for quite a while.

jjktkk
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
We can all say what we want about the Spurs fiscal strategy. However, the Charlotte Bobcats are hemmorhaging more money and swimming in much more debt than the Spurs. They may not have the luxury tax implications the Spurs have this year, but somehow they found ways to upgrade the talent level on their team. They flipped a few of their expiring contracts for Tyrus Thomas and traded for Stephen Jackson.

I simply would've rather seen the Spurs use Finley's contract to do the same.

You conveniantly also left out the 1st rounder Charlotte sent Chicago's way, which was probably the reason Chicago pulled the trigger on the Thomas trade.

all_heart
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
The way I see it, he came here played well in stretches, knocked down some good shots for us, and got his ring. Now this year the Spurs are playing like crap (compared to our better years) so Pop keeps juggling his lineup, half the team gets inconsistent minutes, Mason and Fin are getting frustrated, Theo too probably. However for Finley he was playing mediocre basketball, gets hurt, then can't even buy a basket, looks even slower.. he's done. He wants out, Spurs are better off, so I'm glad. None of the Spurs including Pop should be too surprised, it's been a frustrating year the way they've lost so many games already.

Pop needs to realize he can't rely on these old guys so much, not when all the younger athletic players in the NBA are improving their overall game. Spurs need to continue to shed dead weight and load up on guys who are hungry and bring that swagger we desperately need.

The Truth #6
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Players, like Finley, who do even one thing during their entire career to make less money than they otherwise could are a rarity.

They get a lifetime exemption, in my book, from the typical fan laments about how players are way too disloyal and just out for themselves, and, the real doozy -- they don't "love the team" as much as the fans do.

It's easy to jump on a guy when he asks to leave. Finley's not a saint, but overall, he's a pretty good guy -- one who has been very much underappreciated by Spurs' fans for quite a while.

He already was one of the highest paid players in the league. He's super rich and he gets a ring. I don't see anything exceptional about his actions or attitudes. He got more than he deserved. I suppose we don't have to attack him but going out of the way to praise is a bit much for me.

The Truth #6
03-02-2010, 09:47 PM

He's gone.

Be happy for once.

Finally, someone to teach us how to be happy.

romsho
03-02-2010, 09:54 PM

Agreed. I'm surprised at the level of bitterness in this forum as well. Way too much is being made of the way he is leaving and his performance the last two seasons. Zero credit for the first two and the championship. It's a little ridiculous.

Thankfully, he pulled the plug on his time here...good for both parties. Of course he thinks he can still play-he's a competitor. If Pop or anyone else is taking the opportunity to take veiled shots on his way out the door, it's weak. The Spurs got far bigger problems this year than that guy. Much to do about nothing.

itzsoweezee
03-02-2010, 10:40 PM
pop's just deserts for forsaking bowen in favor of a washed finley last year.
F U Pop.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
The more I read of Chump dumpster guy the more I see he really has nothing to contribute.

"they make more money" that is piratically a moot point. everybody has the same cap, the cap is theoretically designed to keep a team solvent. The Spurs have been a winning franchise for 15 plus years. Even Articles in Forbes mention this.They also mention those other teams make more money.

sa is not a "media market yada yada yada, blah blah blah"

He types this drivel has he watches the team from AUSTIN, and I watch the team from CORPUS.

What ever the "market" is more than adequatePeople watch from Argentina and France, are they included in the San Antonio media market?

Yes or no.

The reasons the Spurs are down skidding have more to do with poor personnel moves and very suspect coaching philosophy'sI don't dispute they have an impact.

Media market blach. the fact is that there are only 5 spots for megga Media types in any sport and the NBA is no exception. When you get past Lebron, Kobe, and fill in the rest. The off court potential income is nothing more than an agent blowing smoke up peoples asses...kinda like Chumpster(along with his own)It's a very real thing. Remember why Elton Brand passed on San Antonio?

Sure is great to see Pop get spooged in the face by a "Pop GUy" but is tragic its at the expense of Bowen and god knows how much to the detriment of developing or acquiring younger talent.Money issues aren't as fun as getting spooged in the face is to you, but they exist and only idiots pretend they don't.

With all this circle Jerking Talk with the Chumpdumster clique on spurs talk I see no one as mentioned the fact that Apparently there is interest in Fin and we can see what Theo is doing and the Spurs let the Trade deadline come and go and have nothing to show but to hold there own dicks..I already said the Spurs actually want most of the expiring contracts to expire. You aren't good at reading.

You'd think a competent organization would have gotten a draft consideration for a 2nd round(we know how lucky the team has been in those aspects) and some rites to some foreign dude..It was salary dump. There was no other consideration.

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Finally, someone to teach us how to be happy.I'm not expecting anyone to learn anything here.

EricB
03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm not expecting anyone to learn anything here.

These people can barely fucking read anymore are u kidding me?

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 11:43 PM
These people can barely fucking read anymore are u kidding me?But a dude in Corpus watches the Spurs!

CORPUS!

EricB
03-02-2010, 11:49 PM
But a dude in Corpus watches the Spurs!

CORPUS!

I heard some dude watches em in junction too. I mean, lebron would be salivating if only he knew!

ChumpDumper
03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
If you put San Antonio and New Braunfels and Corpus and Junction together, we're bigger than Sacramento!

EricB
03-02-2010, 11:55 PM
If you put San Antonio and New Braunfels and Corpus and Junction together, we're bigger than Sacramento!

so your sayin we have a shot at signing mikki Moore! Sweet....

gospursgojas
03-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Lol @ tpark and chump making love

ChumpDumper
03-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Lol @ tpark and chump making lovelol @ your projecting.

Agloco
03-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Their franchises make more money.

Um.....no.

Caring about the bottom line is what makes you the most profitable. In the case of Cubes and Buss, it's about putting an entertaining package out on the floor and in the community.

Plus, you have to consider the market as well. San Antonio isn't exactly a hotbed when it comes to getting out and spending money. We're notoriously stingy.

LOL@MavsFan
03-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Brickley should of been gone after the 07 championship....been a long time coming. I won't miss him.

BatManu
03-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Maybe Finley doesn't think the Spurs are real contenders - maybe he doesn't care because he doesn't want a ring while riding the pine like Mitch Richmond... whatever... We didn't need Fin anymore... that's all there is to it. He was a defensive liability, and with the way he was shooting - an offensive one as well. Good luck and all that, but woopty-friggin-doo who cares why he left...

G-Nob
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Um.....no.

Caring about the bottom line is what makes you the most profitable. In the case of Cubes and Buss, it's about putting an entertaining package out on the floor and in the community.

Plus, you have to consider the market as well. San Antonio isn't exactly a hotbed when it comes to getting out and spending money. We're notoriously stingy.

The "stingy" types have no problems getting out to spend their Jerry Jone money when the cowboys are in town for training camp. Why do you think that is? Jerry is a very smart business man and knows his product dominates even a one-horse town like SA. Imagine the possibilities if someone like Jerry were runnin' the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2010, 12:47 PM
So you can see that Dallas clearly makes more money than the Spurs.

It's called revenue.

Very clever of you to try to avoid that. :rolleyes

Cuban just happens to spend it all. It is not his goal to make a profit off the team. It's nice to have an owner like that, but they are definitely not the norm.

Your graph does not say anything about this season, when everyone knows revenues are down and the Spurs expenses went way up. did you know that revenues are down and expenses are up?

Yes or no.

I notice you didn't post the numbers for the Lakers or Celtics?

Why is that?

Please explain your decision to omit those.

superbigtime
03-03-2010, 01:25 PM
San Antonio is not heaven and Pop is not God. I hope this gives the brass a little reality check and perspective, when a pro such as Finley wants out. Fin won't be missed though.

Bartleby
03-03-2010, 01:46 PM
only one of those is a contender in large part due to the gerrymandering(look it up if you don't know what that means turd) by the league, Buss, and Jerry West.

:rollin

ChumpDumper
03-03-2010, 02:11 PM
your comments were specifically about Dallas and The Lakers. You are so fucking wrong about the Mavericks its NOT laughable but you are. Now you are arguing the about Revenue LOL. They LOOSE money.After making more money. You want businessmen to want to lose money. It usually doesn't work that way. If you actually listen to Cuban talk, he will say that he works to break even with the Mavs, but I'm sure you don't listen to anything but the voices in your head driving you on.
Another turd, Maybe you, mention Elton Brand signing with Philadelphia.Yes, not San Antonio. Why was that? Please explain.

By posting the FACTS I am illustrating how FACTS mean nothing when it comes to you and your cliques retarded missives. You know what the biggest revenue generator are the nicks the bulls and the lakersBecause they are in the largest media markets -- thanks for proving me right with FACTS!
and only one of those is a contender in large part due to the gerrymandering(look it up if you don't know what that means turd) by the league, Buss, and Jerry West.OK, let's look it up:

Main Entry: gerrymander
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): gerrymandered; gerrymander·ing\-d(ə-)riŋ\
Date: 1812

1 : to divide (a territorial unit) into election districts to give one political party an electoral majority in a large number of districts while concentrating the voting strength of the opposition in as few districts as possible
2 : to divide (an area) into political units to give special advantages to one group <gerrymander a school district>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gerrymandering

So tell us all how Buss and West divided areas into political units or districts.

Be specific.

Facts mean nothing to you but good day ChumpdumpsterFacts mean quite a bit. Tell me what the facts are concerning revenues in the NBA. Are they going up or down?

tmtcsc
03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe Ladanian Tomlinson and Mike Finley can start up a team that contributes to a Championship. Michael Finley got tons of minutes last year. He should have walked when he had a chance at the end of last year. Instead, he took the $$ and then pulled a fast one when he wasn't getting any playing time.

I'm fine with him leaving. I'd just like to see Hairston get some more minutes.

poop
03-03-2010, 05:21 PM
And the Spurs have done quite well in that respect, working on a different level than big market teams.

San Antonio is not the 7th largest metropolitan area or media market, not by a long shot. That's Dallas/Ft. Worth.

close but still nope, the DFW area is actually 6th largest nipping at the heels of philadelphia.

the san antonio metro is not 'small town' by any means but is still hovering around 30th largest in the country...i hate when people roll out the city limits numbers as if they mean anything. san antonio may be 7 or whatever but your right in reality its nowhere near that, and the market size is even lower than 30 probably because there are several other large cities-with their own teams-in a relatively near vicinity.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2010, 08:33 PM
your are so pathetic man in the scheme of things 133 millions isn't that much different from 150 millionSo you can make up that difference, right? Pocket change for you.

and if you READ retard they tell you that ticket sales are down.That was last season. What about this season?

And its not even WORTH explaining anything to you about Elton Brand(injured player before signing inured player after signing, Philadelphia had cap room ect ect ect.)...Other teams also had cap room.

What facts retard about revenue. that they make more revenue because of the market? Is that an issue? They dont win.No shit.

And as far ass explaining an analogy to you, that is information you should have gotten in a basic public education retard.You need to explain gerrymandering and how Buss and West did it (especially West since he wasn't employed by either the Lakers or Grizzlies at the time of the Gasol trade.

Quick Quick go back to TIMVP for more information to regurgitate.I haven't seen him talking about the financial situation in some time. You seem to be confused.

You start going off on tangents in every thread you post in. This thread is no exception.You brought up gerrymandering. I aked you to explain yourself after providing the dictionary definition and you start melting down. Not my problem.

and your tangents have no basis in facts, realty, or normalityHow did Buss and West gerrymander the NBA?

"Cuban says he breaks even." even though Dallas is like 300 mil in the hole according to Forbes. READ RETARD READAccording to Forbes. You know that they don't use actual numbers from the franchises, don't you?

Would you say that Forbes knows better about the Mavs' finances than the owner of the Mavs?

Yes or no.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
close but still nope, the DFW area is actually 6th largest nipping at the heels of philadelphia.If one goes by 2008 estimates, DFW is #4. I was probably looking at the last census data.

the san antonio metro is not 'small town' by any means but is still hovering around 30th largest in the country...i hate when people roll out the city limits numbers as if they mean anything. san antonio may be 7 or whatever but your right in reality its nowhere near that, and the market size is even lower than 30 probably because there are several other large cities-with their own teams-in a relatively near vicinity. I'm sure there could be and have been studies about what region outside an MSA follows which teams, but the potential for revenue does generally have a strong correlation with the home MSA market size. Winning certainly can have a positive effect, but one cannot plan to win all the time over a 25 year period, which is what I believe is the length of the Spurs' arena deal.

itzsoweezee
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
LMAO at Pop being played like a trick.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Bottom line is you're pretty much retarded. The tangent in the Finley thread about F and I in the Nba which you started has gone on long enough. So good day and go on with the rest of your sad pathetic life.Wait, you didn't explain the gerrymandering by Buss and West.

I even looked it up!

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:36 AM
To all that do not know CD is somebody who makes things up and taking them as facts. :)

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:38 AM
To all that do not know CD is somebody who makes things up and taking them as facts. :)As are you :)

But I didn't make up this gerrymandering thing. :)

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Just saying my friend

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Just saying my friendSaying what? :)

polandprzem
Have you ate any beef recently?

polandprzem
Saying what? :)

Just saying

polandprzem
I said what I said

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Have you ate any beef recently?Why do you ask?

polandprzem
Why do you ask?

why not?

polandprzem
got my reasons

ChumpDumper
I said what I saidWhat did I make up?

ChumpDumper
got my reasonsWhat reasons?

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:41 AM
What did I make up?

:lol

do not bother brother

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:41 AM
What reasons?

my

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:42 AM

do not bother brotherWhy not?

mySo?

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:45 AM
You got only questions, no answers.

Typical

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:49 AM
You got only questions, no answers.

TypicalI don't understand why you want to know about my diet.

You have no answers either.

Typical.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:51 AM
That was not Q about your diet

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:52 AM
I don't understand why you want to know about my diet.

You have no answers either.

Typical.

I've got no answers that you can agree with, that's why you reject them and saying I have none

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:53 AM
That was not Q about your diet

Have you ate any beef recently?What was that question about then?

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:53 AM
I've got no answers that you can agree with, that's why you reject them and saying I have noneSame with you.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:56 AM
What was that question about then?

About beef

If I would ask about diet I would ask about everything you put into your body that is called food.

Yup beef is a food but it was not Q about diet. It was Q about one thing you ate or not.
So you was wrong.

Ypu couldn't answer such simple question, so how come you can be able to ask more complicated ones?

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:58 AM
btw. I told you not to bother, you did bother and that lead you to a failure which i expected.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 05:00 AM
About beef

If I would ask about diet I would ask about everything you put into your body that is called food.

Yup beef is a food but it was not Q about diet. It was Q about one thing you ate or not.
So you was wrong.

Ypu couldn't answer such simple question, so how come you can be able to ask more complicated ones?Beef would indeed be part of my diet if I ate it, so you were asking about my diet, for reasons you still refuse to divulge.

btw. I told you not to bother, you did bother and that lead you to a failure which i expected.Looks like you failed preemptively by giving up so easily.

Good job :tu

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Gave up on what?

That was not Q about diet - simple fact

[haha you still funny]

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Good job :tu

Thank you

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Gave up on what?You said not to bother. I guess you need to go back and read what you posted.

That was not Q about diet - simple factSure it was - simple fact.

[haha you still funny]I guess.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 05:12 AM
You said not to bother.

That is gaving up? On what?

You are getting more and more pathetic ... sad

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 07:47 AM

That is gaving up? On what?It's not gaving up. it's giving up. On asking me about beef.

You are getting more and more pathetic ... sadYou asked me if I ate beef recently. Whether you had an actual interest or were trying to set me up for some lame joke, that's more sad than anything I can think of.

TJastal
03-04-2010, 08:21 AM
It's not gaving up. it's giving up. On asking me about beef.

You asked me if I ate beef recently. Whether you had an actual interest or were trying to set me up for some lame joke, that's more sad than anything I can think of.

Oh come on now, setting you up for lame jokes is one of the most entertaining things to do on this forum.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 08:21 AM
It's not gaving up. it's giving up. On asking me about beef.
You was scared to answer for any reason. you do not want to ask you so I do not give a fuck about persuading you to answer.

You asked me if I ate beef recently. Whether you had an actual interest or were trying to set me up for some lame joke, that's more sad than anything I can think of.

You was scared that somebody will make a joke about you?

I told you not to bother but you did making bigger deal out of it then it is.

More then anything i started to talk with you just to watch you entertain.
I've already got an opinion about you and nothing will probably change that opinion.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 02:06 PM
You was scared to answer for any reason. you do not want to ask you so I do not give a fuck about persuading you to answer.You gave up.

You was scared that somebody will make a joke about you?

I told you not to bother but you did making bigger deal out of it then it is.Nah, seeing you all disappointed and butthurt that i didn't bite is quite nice.

More then anything i started to talk with you just to watch you entertain.I was entertained.

I've already got an opinion about you and nothing will probably change that opinion.Is that important to you? It isn't important to me.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
:lmao

G-Nob
03-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Too much energy wasted between 3am and 4am in this thread

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:45 PM
hauted by beef

lmao

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
do you know what an analogy is retard?

It's a linguistic expression. You transfer from one subject to another . Since you obviously are retarded the concept is way above your little head. However I will indulge your idiocracy for one last post.

Gerrymandering is, by processes of inductive reasoning, when a group in power redraw lines of power for their benefit.

Buss, Jerry West, and Stern would be the "group in power"What was West's benefit?

The redrawing of lines would be the trade of gasol for nothing so "re-balance" Power in the west. In short a "change of alignment of the Power in the West"The trade was not for nothing. Nice conspiracy though.

And of course, there is this small detail:

Jerry West Leaving As Grizzlies Exec

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

....West is staying through June 30....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/17/AR2007041700915.html

Lakers Acquire Gasol From Grizzlies

February 1, 2008

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

Now if you can't figure that out, it means that West was not the GM of the Grizzlies at the time of the Gasol trade. Even if he was, Heisley could have stopped the trade at any time.

Why didn't he?

Because he got what he wanted: $16 million a year off the books and a bunch of young players he wouldn't have to pay market value for a few years. They've got about ten players under rookie contracts. See? Money matters to owners of NBA teams.

If you can't wrap your little retard mind around that I can't help you. It seems you fancy yourself some type of Spurs Talk Skip Bayless. You're not that entertaining, inciteful, or relevant.I don't read Skip Bayless. You are free to not read me. Seems like you certainly pay my posting quite a bit of attention. You just get angry when someone has an opinion different from yours, and you have to start in with all kinds of personal attacks for no particular reason. I think the Spurs are not going to spend as much money as this season, and that affected their potential trades. Whether I or you like it or not, I believe that's what is happening. You can argue that they are still making enormous profits, but so what? That isn't going to change what their plan appears to be.

Shit the thing about beef and what not for another PAGE on a thread about Michael Finley's exit wound is just sad an pathetic.People like to talk about me. You're doing it right now.

I once saw a blind raccoon running around a street for hours until it was smashed by a car.

So you are that raccoon and you seem to have been running around in circles for YEARS on this board. Unfortunately there is no car to put you out of your misery.You wish me dead?

You take the internets far too seriously.

So what is next. Are you going to try to "debate" analogy?

That would be a way to logical course for you.No, it's more fun just watching this continuous meltdown.

Again good day retard.You'll be back.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
hauted by beef

lmaoButthurt

lmao

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
He still talks about it? :lmao

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 02:52 PM
He still talks about it? :lmaoYou're still talking about beef. :lmao

Sorry I spoiled your joke. I didn't know it was so important to you.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I still talking about beef. :lmao

i know you scared, do not have to remind me

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
spoiled a joke ? haha

Now it seems to be a joke :lmao

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
make something out

come on - you can do better, i jknow you will

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 02:57 PM
spoiled a joke ? haha

Now it seems to be a joke :lmaoWell, you just keep bringing it up without saying what it's about, so I can only speculate.

It certainly is a joke now.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:01 PM
It certainly is a joke now.

you like a well trained dog. whatever they say you do it

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:03 PM
you like a well trained dog. whatever they say you do itWhatever who says?

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:03 PM
make something out

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
[meltdown]Cool story.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
too much beef

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Dude I've never seen on a message board a person who so obviously has not filled his monthly dose of Abilify...

This is just sad...

too much beefHey, you are the guys who turned this into a thread about me.

:toast

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
make something out

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
No psycho you turned it into a thread about your self. Like you ALWAYS do. 50k Post man. Just look at that. You were but hurt because I say you have nothing to contribute.That's making the thread about me, genius.
Man I hope and prey that this is just some shtick you do because if you're as you present yourself on this board, and IN THIS THREAD.It's pray. Its just a matter of time before you have a monumental psychotic break. I just hope it's a not a violent one, and if it is its directed at YOURSELF and not others.[/QUOTE]Did you look at your own posts in this thread before you wrote that? :lol

You're becoming a little obsessive about me.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Beefy talking about himself again

romsho
03-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey, you are the guys who turned this into a thread about me.

Got-dam...the back and forth here is mind numbing. It's like you have a new Whottt to play with.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Beefy talking about himself againPoland talking about me again.

Seriously, if you guys don't like making posts about me, don't make posts about me.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Two Question.

Why Basketball?I like it.

Why the Spurs?I like them.

Blackjack
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
This thread is mortally wounded . . .

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
This thread is mortally wounded . . .Agreed.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
What do you see http://obeyclothing.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/inkblot.pngAn inkblot.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Ink?

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:34 PM
really?

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Ink?Well, it's a computer image that looks like an inkblot.

Blackjack
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
What do you see http://obeyclothing.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/inkblot.png

Two dead crows stitched to a headless Aunt Jemima?

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, it's a computer image that looks like an inkblot.

Not a beef?

ChumpDumper
How does this make you feelhttp://blogs.soccernet.com/manchesterunited/spilt-milk-375-x-575.jpgIt doesn't affect my feelings.

ChumpDumper
Not a beef?Again with the beef.

Blackjack
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
How does this make you feelhttp://blogs.soccernet.com/manchesterunited/spilt-milk-375-x-575.jpg

Like shedding a tear; wait, I get it!

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Again with the beef.

so beef or ink ?

make up your mind

:)

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:42 PM
so beef or ink ?

make up your mind

:)You said beef. Not me.

Where my last four questions directed at you?To whom were they directed? (This question is directed to you.)

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey, you are the guys who turned this into a thread about me.

Bullshit. You came in here playing thought police and telling people what they should or should not care about.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Bullshit. You came in here playing thought police and telling people what they should or should not care about.That's not about me.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM
You said beef. Not me.

Again with the beef.

I just want to make sure you see ink (or comp image or whatever) not beef :)

Seriously chumpy you could provide a quality conversation but you do not want or you are unable at this point of your career

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I just want to make sure you see ink (or comp image or whatever) not beef :)Right. you brought up beef.

Again.

Seriously chumpy you could provide a quality conversation but you do not want or you are unable at this point of your careerlol "career"

lol beef

That's your quality conversation?

I certainly tried to give a rationale for the Spurs actions based on what I perceive to be their financial situation. Then folks started in with beef and raccoons.

anakha
03-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Bullshit. You came in here playing thought police and telling people what they should or should not care about.

From what I saw earlier in the thread, Chris_Peterson started with the personal attacks first. Before that, everybody was just posting their opinions, whether wrong or right.

Ok, interruption done, you may get on with your argument.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Why the Spurs? Not directed to anybody

Why Basketball? Not directed to anybody

YOU: Used to refer to an indefinitely specified person; one: You can't win them all

So if you think they were directed at you then seek couseling. If that doesn't work, then get medicated. If that doesn't work, then institutionalization.So you didn't want anyone to answer you?

OK.

Pretty much every post of yours in this thread is directed at me, so i made an assumption you were asking questions of me.

Don't be surprised when someone does answer though. Other posters certainly did. Do you think they also have mental problems?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
That's not about me.

When you come in and start playing the authoritarian and dictating what the correct response it certainly is about you.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Bullshit. You came in here playing thought police and telling people what they should or should not care about.I told them they should be happy. I don't expect those posters I address to ever be happy, though.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
When you come in and start playing the authoritarian and dictating what the correct response it certainly is about you.Could you be any more dramatic?

If you don't agree, that's fine. You are free to do so here. Really.

I'm so sorry you feel oppressed by words posted on the internets.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Right. you brought up beef.

Again.

lol "career"

lol beef

That's your quality conversation?

I certainly tried to give a rationale for the Spurs actions based on what I perceive to be their financial situation. Then folks started in with beef and raccoons.

You seem to be horryfied by that beef thing.

really man that was just a simple question and you scared to answer because you thought I'm setting you up. That;s how fucked up you are.

About quality - I was talking about the past actions. Now I wanted to see your reaction on the fact that you made things up and statementing them as being true.
And your entertainment - i got it - I sometimes use internet for fun. So I was not bullshiting on that department.

Lol career - yes that was suppose to be funny, you caught that up but maybe you thoght I was mistaken. i like playing with the language for your information.

Blackjack
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Then folks started in with beef and raccoons.

Beef and raccoons?

That's like ordering a hamburger and a steak.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:01 PM

What's the difference insulting in the internets and in face to face situations?

That you can go physical on somebody?

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:01 PM
You seem to be horryfied by that beef thing.Amused.

You seem obsessed with it.

really man that was just a simple question and you scared to answer because you thought I'm setting you up. That;s how fucked up you are.Why did you ask?

About quality - I was talking about the past actions. Now I wanted to see your reaction on the fact that you made things up and statementing them as being true.Yeah, you never said what it was, so it looks like you are making things up now.

And your entertainment - i got it - I sometimes use internet for fun. So I was not bullshiting on that department.:toast

Lol career - yes that was suppose to be funny, you caught that up but maybe you thoght I was mistaken. i like playing with the language for your information.I know you do. Sorry I'm not worthy of helping you with the language anymore.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:04 PM
What's the difference insulting in the internets and in face to face situations?At the risk of appearing crazy, I'm going to assume that question is directed at me.

That you can go physical on somebody?I'm sure there are many differences. I don't know why people take this particular message board so seriously.

slick'81
03-04-2010, 04:05 PM
good luck in boston mike

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:18 PM
CD - why did I ask about beef? PM so maybe I will answer it. but shortly I can say it was (might be) for a future arguments.
But sometimes I posts something out of any possible topic.

taking board too seroiusly -> well i don't like words somebody putting in my mouth or assuming that I said something I never did.
so i go by phrases like you doing sometimes.

Also I use other posters stupidity and double it and aiming at him just to show how stupid he is or annoying. It's like he is fighting with himself.
But I am probably only one (or one of few) to know that so other posters see me being twice as dumb as the 'opponent'

btw. NVM!

argginmanuoblifaniac
03-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Two dead crows stitched to a headless Aunt Jemima?
Once you pointed that out I saw it too.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
CD - why did I ask about beef? PM so maybe I will answer it. but shortly I can say it was (might be) for a future arguments.
But sometimes I posts something out of any possible topic.lol it's not a big deal.

taking board too seroiusly -> well i don't like words somebody putting in my mouth or assuming that I said something I never did.
so i go by phrases like you doing sometimes.Well sure, being misrepresented is annoying.

Also I use other posters stupidity and double it and aiming at him just to show how stupid he is or annoying. It's like he is fighting with himself.
But I am probably only one (or one of few) to know that so other posters see me being twice as dumb as the 'opponent'OK.

btw. NVM!OK.

polandprzem
03-04-2010, 04:26 PM
:tu

Now I can go and get some peacefull sleep :D

The Truth #6
03-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Everyone not talking about Finley in this thread has an agenda. I have no idea what it is though.

I'd prefer to get back to trashing Finley but it looks like we've moved on. Ha.

Blake
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
just when I thought I was going to read a normal thread regarding Finley's departure, I start reading several posts regarding beef.

There is also apparently a great deal of pent-up anger/frustration towards chump.... :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Could you be any more dramatic?

If you don't agree, that's fine. You are free to do so here. Really.

Typical. You ridicule people then try and act coy when its brought up. What a douche.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Typical. You ridicule people then try and act coy when its brought up. What a douche.There's nothing coy about it.

You're still whining about me.

What a douche.

EricB
03-04-2010, 05:48 PM
just when I thought I was going to read a normal thread regarding Finley's departure, I start reading several posts regarding beef.

There is also apparently a great deal of pent-up anger/frustration towards chump.... :lol

Theres a reason theres so many jokes about the polish....

G-Nob
03-04-2010, 07:11 PM

lol "rationale"

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 07:24 PM
lol "rationale"What's funny about that?

The Spurs' actions (or inaction) seems to point toward a substantially lower amount of spending next season. It's not like there isn't precedent for this.

polandprzem
03-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Theres a reason theres so many jokes about the polish....

Only in fucking States and it's jokes.
Do not get me started with americans and stereotypes

Blake
03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Only in fucking States and it's jokes.
Do not get me started with americans and stereotypes

does one of those stereotypes involve beef?

polandprzem
03-05-2010, 12:36 AM
yes

Blake
03-05-2010, 12:41 AM
yes

what's the stereotype exactly?

polandprzem
03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
www.google.com

Blake
03-05-2010, 12:54 AM
www.google.com

what should I type in the search box?

polandprzem
03-05-2010, 12:56 AM
What am I your mom or what?

admiralsnackbar
03-05-2010, 01:02 AM

Holmes, you know I'm trying to see things from your point of view and I still can't... wtf does beef have to do with anything?

Blake
03-05-2010, 01:04 AM

my mom's not Polish and is also not posting on ST at the moment, so no, you are not my mom.

what is your own personal stereotype of Americans regarding beef?

The Truth #6
03-05-2010, 08:47 AM
I heard Mike Finley became a vegetarian last season.

G-Nob
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
You don't have to be Polish if you live in Poland.

G-Nob
03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
The Spurs' actions (or inaction) seems to point toward a substantially lower amount of spending next season.

I'm glad you elaborated. You must've graduated with honors.

It's not like there isn't precedent for this

For the Spurs, that's the problem.

dbestpro
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
What's funny about that?

The Spurs' actions (or inaction) seems to point toward a substantially lower amount of spending next season. It's not like there isn't precedent for this.

Agreed. Holt tried the extra salary experiment and it failed. He is not the type of gambler that will continue to blow his money aka Cuban. He is the type that will go back to what worked before even if that means crossing the threshold to the post Duncan era without another ring. It stands to reason that the Spurs will have to find diamonds in the rough (get lucky) to get to the next level. This is not impossible as many stars began their careers as bench or after thought players.

jb4g
03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Agreed. Holt tried the extra salary experiment and it failed. He is not the type of gambler that will continue to blow his money aka Cuban. He is the type that will go back to what worked before even if that means crossing the threshold to the post Duncan era without another ring. It stands to reason that the Spurs will have to find diamonds in the rough (get lucky) to get to the next level. This is not impossible as many stars began their careers as bench or after thought players.

the extra salary experiment failed in many ways, including putting butts in the seat. There has been few sellouts this season, and the published gate attendance numbers have been generous. The number that really matters is total gate reciepts..Since moving in to the At&t center the Spurs were one of about 7 or 8 franchises that averaged atleast a million in gate reciepts per night, they fell out of that group last year, and I dont see any improvement this year. Less people in the seats means less gameday revenues on concessions and merchandise, which all affects Holts bottom line. I work in the arena, I got an email from my boss the other day that stated they were making way less money than expected and would have to start trimming back on employees and hours. I dont blame Holt for trimming the fat and saving himself as much money as he can as the season winds down.

Edit: correction, they had 49 million in gate reciepts last year, so they did average a bit over a million a game, but that was down from 54 million the previous year(according to Forbes). So this year is the worst its been as far as gate reciepts, not good when Holt opened up the pocketbook and spent big.

ChumpDumper
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm glad you elaborated. You must've graduated with honors.You seemed to need the elaboration.

For the Spurs, that's the problem.Losing money is a bigger problem.

itzsoweezee
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
LMAO at popobitch getting punked by his girlfriend

Blackjack
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
This thread is mortally wounded . . .

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsB/1651-16142.gif

Nope ... I was wrong.

The Truth #6
03-05-2010, 01:41 PM
There's nothing like the thrill of reading a good financial report. It's one of the great joys of being a fan.

ChumpDumper
03-05-2010, 01:45 PM
No one is making you read this thread. You must be getting something out of it.

Sorry it's a business, but that doesn't change anything.

G-Nob
03-05-2010, 01:46 PM

For Spurs fans, thats the problem.

ChumpDumper
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
For Spurs fans, thats the problem.I think it's quite a boon to spurfans. Gives them something to complain about.

Blackjack
03-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Personally, I find this thread twerrific. :tu

FeZZy
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
fuck findog he looked like a crack head anyway

Blake
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
You don't have to be Polish if you live in Poland.

you think Polandprzem isn't Polish?

possibly.... but his time of posting leaves me to believe that he is not my mom.

dbestpro
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Edit: correction, they had 49 million in gate reciepts last year, so they did average a bit over a million a game, but that was down from 54 million the previous year(according to Forbes). So this year is the worst its been as far as gate reciepts, not good when Holt opened up the pocketbook and spent big.

I personally have not gone to any games this year. I usually get season tickets but decided to wait for packages to develop this year. By the time the packages developed Pop became committed to small ball which is a brand of basketball that I refuse to pay to watch at the pro level. Not everyone passed on the Spurs this year for that reason, but it is part of the overall reason the Spurs have not been successful at the gate.

Winehole23
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Better for him, better for us. No blame.

Fin was always kind of a streaky player. Streaky good, time was, notably older and streaky bad of late. I wish him well, except when he plays us.

G-Nob
03-05-2010, 05:33 PM

This also means the Spurs have a .0023% chance of being good again.:lobt:

dbestpro
03-05-2010, 06:48 PM
This also means the Spurs have a .0023% chance of being good again.:lobt:

Forever?