PDA

View Full Version : Bowen on NBA Coast to Coast

SenorSpur
03-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Bruce Bowen is guest analyst on NBA Coast to Coast right now. The weekly 2 hour NBA studio show on ESPN2. Tuesdays 8-10p CST

pensive
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I was just watching CTC, and they had an email segment where "David from San Antonio" emailed Bruce asked Bowen to come back to the Spurs and help with our D. Bruce responded with a very interesting, "Coach Pop has changed the team so much, I don't even know if I COULD help that team!" This is verbatim what he said.
I find that very interesting, especially since this seems to be inconsistent with the message he sends when he is on with Andy on the Morning Drive. Kind of disappointing..

itzsoweezee
03-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I was just watching CTC, and they had an email segment where "David from San Antonio" emailed Bruce asked Bowen to come back to the Spurs and help with our D. Bruce responded with a very interesting, "Coach Pop has changed the team so much, I don't even know if I COULD help that team!" This is verbatim what he said.
I find that very interesting, especially since this seems to be inconsistent with the message he sends when he is on with Andy on the Morning Drive. Kind of disappointing..

hilarious. pop's burned too many bridges. who's going to want to come play for him now?

Xevious
03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I've heard comments by other people here that there was some kind of falling out between Bowen and Pop. What's that all about? Was it about his reduced roll his last season here?

crc21209
03-02-2010, 11:54 PM
What Bruce meant by saying "I'm not sure I could even help them now" is that he isnt sure if he could play the Power Forward position....

SenorSpur
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I heard that too and thought it was as funny as it was interesting.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
What Bruce means is that it doesn't matter who's on the team if Pop's not going to play them.

Cane
03-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Thats what being in the number 7 spot in the West does to ya. Also might be CIA Bowen - he's trying to spark a fire and motivate ;)

Flux451
03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Bowen had a good riddance overtone hiding a spiteful tone. He finished by saying he is happy with his current job. Would rather be learning at his current position as analyst.

He wants to drop kick Pop...I saw it in his bowtie.