PDA

View Full Version : So when is Ron Artest supposed to implode?

PGDynasty24
03-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Because all I have seen him is be a Great Citizen and Great Teammate and always in the community. And all I heard this offseason was how much of a cancer he would be

ulosturedge
03-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Winning cures everything. Take Rodman for example. He imploded on the Spurs as soon as he lost faith in the team. THen he goes to the Bulls and becomes a good little boy. Same thing is happening to Artest imo. Don't let your team start sliding though; I would say if the Lakers don't win a championship this year the old Artest will start to come out again.

daslicer
03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
How long is Artest signed with the lakers? Is it 5 years? I think its safe to say the Lakers are not going to win 5 titles in a row. I would say the moment they are dethroned thats when Artest implodes considering he has a history of doing that once his team goes down.

boutons_deux
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe Ron's shrink finally lucked onto the right meds, and Ron takes them at least on game days.

redzero
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
All it takes is one bottle...

monosylab1k
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Ron was just fine in Houston last season too. Don't act like Kobe is some great influence on him and turned him into an upstanding citizen.

His implosion will take place on the court when the Lakers can least afford it. See Houston last season for that too.

IronMexican
03-02-2010, 11:05 PM
rocketfan was the only one calling implosion. What a fail on their part. He's been better than I expected.

Frenzy
03-02-2010, 11:08 PM
winning cures everything. Take rodman for example. He imploded on the spurs as soon as he lost faith in the team. Then he goes to the bulls and becomes a good little boy. Same thing is happening to artest imo. Don't let your team start sliding though; i would say if the lakers don't win a championship this year the old artest will start to come out again.
this

DPG21920
03-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Didn't he almost punch someone in the face during the game? He does some pretty annoying stuff now that he is a Laker.

Chieflion
03-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Didn't he almost punch someone in the face during the game? He does some pretty annoying stuff now that he is a Laker.

Yep. But once he knew it was Joey Graham with all the muscle he has, he stepped away.

Killakobe81
03-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Yep. But once he knew it was Joey Graham with all the muscle he has, he stepped away.

Please. He wanted to fight Ben WILLIAM Wallace!! graham is a beast too but Ron is from QB trust me his heart dont pump no project kool-aid! LOL

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Ron Artest wanted to fight Ben Wallace? LOL..he ran away from Wallace when Ben tried to go at him, instead choosing to fight some scrawny White guy in the stands..

badfish22
03-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Pau is the one acting like a bitch.

Greg Oden
03-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Please. He wanted to fight Ben WILLIAM Wallace!! graham is a beast too but Ron is from QB trust me his heart dont pump no project kool-aid! LOL

The hell he did. He puffed his chest out until he saw it was that country strong nigga, and he went and laid on the scorer's table :rollin

The Franchise
03-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Ron was just fine in Houston last season too. Don't act like Kobe is some great influence on him and turned him into an upstanding citizen.

His implosion will take place on the court when the Lakers can least afford it. See Houston last season for that too.

A wise man.

The Franchise
03-02-2010, 11:42 PM

So much so that he didn't. :lol

Lars
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Rocket fans never said he would implode, just that he sucks.

The Gemini Method
03-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Armchair basketball experts...pfft...

No telling when he'll implode or whether he will. The only person in recent basketball history with similar temperment of Artest was Rodman (or Rasheed Wallace) and though you've got flare-ups with Wallace, he's mellowed out and you don't get the younger version of 'Sheed. I think you'll see the same from Artest as you did from Dennis. But, who knows? I'm just enjoying the improvement in his D and the team' D overall.

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Ron Ron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ariza...I would love to have ariza comin off the bench though hahaha get that shit done mitch!

lefty
03-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Funny I thought he ran away from Ben.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Ron Ron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ariza...I would love to have ariza comin off the bench though hahaha get that shit done mitch!
I remember Ariza really doing some awesome things last year. I think it is pretty equal.

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:01 AM
I remember Ariza really doing some awesome things last year. I think it is pretty equal.
:lol All ppl seem to remember is a couple steals vs denver & a few made three's in the finals..He didnt shoot too well during the regular season but he was good energy off the bench. Dont get me wrong, I liked Ariza but I like what Ron Ron bring a lot more. After Ron loses about 10 more lbs he'll be moving even better.

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 02:05 AM
:lol All ppl seem to remember is a couple steals vs denver & a few made three's in the finals..He didnt shoot too well during the regular season & but he was good energy off the bench. Dont get me wrong, I liked Ariza but I like what Ron Ron bring a lot more. After Ron loses about 10 more lbs he'll be moving even better.

i loved Ariza's speed athleticism and the way he jumped passing lanes ...

But half-court defnse ron is way better and he can post up as well as shoot 3's Ariza could just slash and shoot 3's but not shoot them consistently ...

ariza in Luke's spot would be sick ... Rox won't need him with budinger developing and battier is the glue guy ...bring him home, mitch bring him home.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 02:05 AM
LOL @ Laker fans saying we said he would implode. We said that he WASN'T the same defender he used to be, but I guess you fools found that out against LeBron. I mean, isn't that why they signed him? A supposed LeBron stopper, eh? Let me know how that turns out

23LeBronJames23
03-03-2010, 02:06 AM
He was cancer vs Cavs.

cobbler
03-03-2010, 02:06 AM

There wasn't a single mention of Kobe in this thread until YOUR POST you hypocritical piece if shit.

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Ron Artest wanted to fight Ben Wallace? LOL..he ran away from Wallace when Ben tried to go at him, instead choosing to fight some scrawny White guy in the stands..

Ron always turns away ...but if it was 4 real in the streets Artest is whuppin his ass Artest can Actually box ... you guys are dumb seduced by muscles.

i actually watch boxing ...many muscle bound dudes get knocked the fyuck out ...by guys that can ACTUALLY fight.

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Artest & Odom tag team champions hahaha those fools box & grew up together in NY..They'll fuck some shit up hahaha

JamStone
03-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Are you trying to jinx him into imploding?

Maybe it will be sometime in April or May.

cobbler
03-03-2010, 02:13 AM
All offseason it was how he would implode and ruin the Lakers chemistry and the Lakers wouldn't win the west. Now, it's we never said that and he will implode sometime during his contract. Mavs, Spurs, and especially Rockets fan have short memories to try to hide their failures and ignorance.

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:13 AM
He was cancer vs Cavs.
Dont trip cuzin Artest at 245 & controlled plantar fasciitis eats children for breakfast:toast

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:17 AM
All offseason it was how he would implode and ruin the Lakers chemistry and the Lakers wouldn't win the west. Now, it's we never said that and he will implode sometime during his contract. Mavs, Spurs, and especially Rockets fan have short memories to try to hide their failures and ignorance.
LMAO at the team not even clicking on all cylinders yet & playing half assed & still have a 6 game lead in a stacked western conference.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Dont trip cuzin Artest at 245 & controlled plantar fasciitis eats children for breakfast:toast

Is that why LeBron scored 37 and 26 agaiinst him in two games?

JamStone
03-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Ron always turns away ...but if it was 4 real in the streets Artest is whuppin his ass Artest can Actually box ... you guys are dumb seduced by muscles.

i actually watch boxing ...many muscle bound dudes get knocked the fyuck out ...by guys that can ACTUALLY fight.

I heard Artest took up boxing. And maybe on the streets, things would have gone differently.

But, someone said Artest wanted to fight Ben Wallace. And, it was pretty apparent that night that Artest did NOT want to fight Ben Wallace. Ben pushed him in the chest. He threw a head band and a towel at Artest. Artest did not want to fight. But, some random schmuck in the stands hits him with a plastic cup and Artest is ready to come to blows?

No, Artest did NOT want to fight Ben Wallace... at least that night. Maybe he does now. He did say he wanted to box Ben like after he was done in the NBA. If that was what it was in reference to, then um ok. But, if it was in reference to the night of the Palace brawl, no, Artest did NOT want to fight Ben Wallace.

edit: you said that. So you tell us if you meant the night of the Palace brawl.

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
:lmao Did you even read my post son? What are you, 17 years old? hahaha he's gonna drop 15-20 lbs & is taking care of his feet. He's beasting lately & getting better every game.

PGDynasty24
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM

all I know is since he lost that 15 lbs he's been beasting like Indiana Pacers Ron Artest. And oh yeah how is sharpshooter Ariza working out for you

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:29 AM
all I know is since he lost that 15 lbs he's been beasting like Indiana Pacers Ron Artest. And oh yeah how is sharpshooter Ariza working out for you
Son, just wait till he drops like 10 more lbs..You see him sprinting tonight? haha pretty crazy how much lighter he looks on his feet lately. Love that dedication

LkrFan
03-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Winning cures everything. Take Rodman for example. He imploded on the Spurs as soon as he lost faith in the team. THen he goes to the Bulls and becomes a good little boy. Same thing is happening to Artest imo. Don't let your team start sliding though; I would say if the Lakers don't win a championship this year the old Artest will start to come out again.
No, don't even try it. You guys were winning at a high clip that year IIRC. Admiral even won MVP. Y'all just lost to a better Rockets team because Dream busted the Admiral's bleep that year. Didn't Rodman move along to the Bulls and collected 3 more rings after the Sp*r debacle? :lol

Ron respects Kobe and Phil. He has known LO since they were teenagers. He knows this is his last shot to win a ring. He took less money to come to LA.

I don't see one reason why he would implode - like other fanbases wants. :toast

cobbler
03-03-2010, 02:32 AM
LOL @ Laker fans saying we said he would implode. We said that he WASN'T the same defender he used to be, but I guess you fools found that out against LeBron. I mean, isn't that why they signed him? A supposed LeBron stopper, eh? Let me know how that turns out

I'll just say that NO ONE can control Artest on the court, not even Phil

go figure....

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 02:50 AM
^LOL at cobbler owning a 17 year old poster.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Good for him and the team that it hasn't happened. The unspoken "yet" in that sentence is understood by most people. Laker fans can't say that they aren't secretly worried about when that shoe's gong to drop, because his track record suggests that it will.

By the way, weren't Laker fans sure that he was going to be so much better than Ariza?

TheMACHINE
03-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Good for him and the team that it hasn't happened. The unspoken "yet" in that sentence is understood by most people. Laker fans can't say that they aren't secretly worried about when that shoe's gong to drop, because his track record suggests that it will.

By the way, weren't Laker fans sure that he was going to be so much better than Ariza?

and he is.

Darrin
03-03-2010, 04:22 AM
Because all I have seen him is be a Great Citizen and Great Teammate and always in the community. And all I heard this offseason was how much of a cancer he would be

There isn't the lit-firecracker-ready-to-explode personality that we saw in Indiana. I, however, will not convinced until Ron Artest fails to implode in the postseason. He did it against Kobe last season, and he did it against the Pistons on the biggest stage he has ever played, and we await to see if he'll do it again. I'll be the first to say "Bravo" if he can handle a truly competitive series.

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 05:01 AM
We all know of his one year honeymoons on every team he's been traded to...so what's your fucking point? In due time he will implode, maybe not today or tommorow but down the road it's guaranteed to fucking happen.

DAF86
03-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Rocket fans never said he would implode, just that he sucks.

This.

I don't remember people saying that Artest was a bad teammate or something like that, just that he was overrated as a basketball player and that from time to time he will try to take some licenses on offense that he shouldn't take. Also that Artest over Ariza wasn't an improvement as most Lakers fans said it was, and truth be told LA is playing worse than last season with the exact same roster except for that little change.

One last observation: the most important thing for Los Angeles are the playoffs and it will take a great effort from Artest to improve or match Ariza's playoffs production of 2009.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
go figure....

What a fucking dumbass! The second statement, said Phil couldn't control Artest on the court because he takes shots at his own will, and he is not the defender he once was. Retarded Laker fan, what the fuck is new?

DaDakota
03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
He wa a disaster on the Rockets because they lacked a true leader, neither Yao or Tmac was one....

He fits in well o the Lakers because Kobe is the Alpha dog, and Ron knows it and will fall in line.

Ron has the same type of personality quirks as Dennis Rodman, they can be great players but ONLY if there is a recognizable alpha male on the team to hold them accountable and put them in their place.

DD

Cane
03-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Artest nearly imploded back in X-Mas where he claims he had "memory loss" from "falling down a flight of stairs" that resulted in a concussion, deep cut on the elbow, and he missed some games IIRC.

Not only that he's already tried to punch a guy and when Melo got fouled out in that game a week or so ago; Artest was getting crazy pumped.

Its likely he'll implode but you have to be a real dumbass to fuck up the Lakers squad. In situations where he gets fouled out or gets no-calls like what Kobe did to him last year; he could cost 'em some games. Probably happen in the playoffs; the Lakers, like all returning champs, don't really feel much pressure in the regular season. Opposing teams know that he's liable to be a headcase so I wouldn't be surprised if some try to exploit that.

cobbler
03-03-2010, 11:28 AM
What a fucking dumbass! The second statement, said Phil couldn't control Artest on the court because he takes shots at his own will, and he is not the defender he once was. Retarded Laker fan, what the fuck is new?

...and BTW, The Lakers got Ron to defend against Melo and other scorers in the West primarily and were looking at him being able to help stop Pierce since in the off season it was Boston who was seen as the real threat to come out of the East. LBJ was NOT a primary reason. Funny how you point out just LBJ's numbers like he doesn't torch anyone he wants to. How's those numbers againt Melo etc... DUMBASS!

Brazil
03-03-2010, 11:29 AM
and he is.

no he is not so much better than Ariza. I honnestly don't think the lakers are a better team with him instead of Ariza. We will see how things will turn out during the POs but so far I would prefer Ariza (not as a go to go guy) rather than Artest in my team.

LakeShow
03-03-2010, 11:32 AM

I agree. :lol

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 11:34 AM
...and BTW, The Lakers got Ron to defend against Melo and other scorers in the West primarily and were looking at him being able to help stop Pierce since in the off season it was Boston who was seen as the real threat to come out of the East. LBJ was NOT a primary reason. Funny how you point out just LBJ's numbers like he doesn't torch anyone he wants to. How's those numbers againt Melo etc... DUMBASS!

Lol, Carmelo scored in the twenties, but I guess you forgot about the game where Denver beat the Lakers WITHOUT Melo

Mike D
03-03-2010, 11:43 AM

Well said.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Yes, we're so ignorant that we throw foam fingers when our teams lose. Or did your short memory fail you?

Mike D
03-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Average stats of the last 7 SF's that went up against Ron Artest:

14Pts
37%FG
4TOs

Who's who? Iguodala, Marion, Gay, Pierce, Maggete, Melo & Granger

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Ron is playing well you would have to be blind or biased not to see it
The past 5 games or so he and Lamar have been the MVP's of the team ...

I was one of the laker fans that STILL would of preffered Trevor because of his length, speed and athleticism ...but I STILL thought Ron wasnt a bad consolation prize ....

Now I see what Phil and Mitch saw ...as he has rounded in to shape ...he is no consolation prize.

I would take Ron over Trevor for at LEAST the next 3 years ...the last two Im guessing Ariza will be more effective due to the age diffrence ...

Ron is the better defender and overall player ... I can admit i was wrong ...how come some of you can't?

TheRealCB
03-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I can admit i was wrong ...how come some of you can't?

butthurtness

ChrisRichards
03-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Artest will implode where it matters the most.

The Playoffs. Enjoy his regular season brilliance now fools

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Ron is playing well you would have to be blind or biased not to see it
The past 5 games or so he and Lamar have been the MVP's of the team ...

I was one of the laker fans that STILL would of preffered Trevor because of his length, speed and athleticism ...but I STILL thought Ron wasnt a bad consolation prize ....

Now I see what Phil and Mitch saw ...as he has rounded in to shape ...he is no consolation prize.

I would take Ron over Trevor for at LEAST the next 3 years ...the last two Im guessing Ariza will be more effective due to the age diffrence ...

Ron is the better defender and overall player ... I can admit i was wrong ...how come some of you can't?

Yes, that much is right, mostly because he doesn't have to score as much just focus on D. Still the fire inside him is building up like vapors in a volcano and soon the pressure will cause him to erupt...may it be the playoffs or next year...don't fool yourself...he's a certifiable nutcase...lol falling down the stairs.

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Can anyone reference any of the old threads regarding the Artest trade? Man, I remember reading countless of "implosion" threads.

Ron-Ron will be fine. Stick him anywhere else and you've got problems. He would have imploded a long time ago if he indeed was going to do it. He wants a ring. He's a loon but I doubt he's clinically insane. Ron-Ron will never see the "time-out" corner as a Laker. Book it.

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Can anyone reference any of the old threads regarding the Artest trade? Man, I remember reading countless of "implosion" threads.

Ron-Ron will be fine. Stick him anywhere else and you've got problems. He would have imploded a long time ago if he indeed was going to do it. He wants a ring. He's a loon but I doubt he's clinically insane. Ron-Ron will never see the "time-out" corner as a Laker. Book it.

That's why he's been on perfect behavior for the first regular season on every team he's been on? Bitch please...:pimpslap

JamStone
03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I think some of this shit starts when posters make really broad and general comments encompassing more people than they should.

There were probably several posters that thought Artest would be bad for chemistry for the Lakers and might be a cancer or worse for them. And, it was probably to varying degrees as well. Some might have said he definitely would implode, others may have said he likely would, and still others could have said he merely "might" implode.

And, then there were probably many posters that thought Artest was a good pick-up for the Lakers. I remember quite a few Spurs fans that wanted the Spurs to go after Artest the last couple seasons. It's not so black and white.

And, it's not like Artest has been the perfect fit for the Lakers. Up until the last couple weeks, he's been underwhelming at best. Whatever you want to attribute it to, whether injury or still trying to fit in, Artest was horrible offensively earlier in the season. And he wasn't the defensive ballhawk he has been recently. In fact, for the first couple months of the season, he was probably just as bad for the Lakers as Ariza was for the Rockets. Now, Ron has turned it around quite a bit, but let's not talk as if he's all of a sudden this absolutely perfect fit and greatest defender ever. He's been playing well lately. Good for him. Good for the Lakers.

This thread stinks of karma come playoff time.

ChrisRichards
03-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Hard to believe this guy is a Piston fan^. I think he's a closet homo Laker fan.

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 01:10 PM
That's why he's been on perfect behavior for the first regular season on every team he's been on? Bitch please...:pimpslap

The fact that he's had to play with Kobe (The "give me the limelight" king), tells me personally, that if he can manage that (Kobe) nothing will distract him. Ron's all about being distracted and getting caught up with the moment (see The palace). Ron's got a chip on his shoulder and he's managed to balance his self being along with balancing Kobe's place with the Lakers. He won't implode.

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I think some of this shit starts when posters make really broad and general comments encompassing more people than they should.

There were probably several posters that thought Artest would be bad for chemistry for the Lakers and might be a cancer or worse for them. And, it was probably to varying degrees as well. Some might have said he definitely would implode, others may have said he likely would, and still others could have said he merely "might" implode.

And, then there were probably many posters that thought Artest was a good pick-up for the Lakers. I remember quite a few Spurs fans that wanted the Spurs to go after Artest the last couple seasons. It's not so black and white.

And, it's not like Artest has been the perfect fit for the Lakers. Up until the last couple weeks, he's been underwhelming at best. Whatever you want to attribute it to, whether injury or still trying to fit in, Artest was horrible offensively earlier in the season. And he wasn't the defensive ballhawk he has been recently. In fact, for the first couple months of the season, he was probably just as bad for the Lakers as Ariza was for the Rockets. Now, Ron has turned it around quite a bit, but let's not talk as if he's all of a sudden this absolutely perfect fit and greatest defender ever. He's been playing well lately. Good for him. Good for the Lakers.

This thread stinks of karma come playoff time.

People in here are insisting he implodes yet it all smells like sour grapes because he hasn't.

Hidden insecurities maybe?

Sportcamper
03-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Its like…People almost wish that Artest would act up a bit so there is something to report about the Lakers other than ANOTHER Victory….ANOTHER NBA Championship….ANOTHER Parade….Its all so boring….:sleep

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Its like…People almost wish that Artest would act up a bit so there is something to report about the Lakers other than ANOTHER Victory….ANOTHER NBA Championship….ANOTHER Parade….Its all so boring….:sleep

Although we have a tough road ahead, Yeah, your right. :tu

JamStone
03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
People in here are insisting he implodes yet it all smells like sour grapes because he hasn't.

Hidden insecurities maybe?

The threads are expired. I'm very sure there were "some" posters saying Ron would blow up and make shit worse for the Lakers. I'm just questioning that it was as many as some Laker fans suggest. And, it wasn't like it was every Rockets and Spurs fan doing so. How many posters really adamantly "insisted" he would?

Plus, once again, the regular season hasn't even ended. A bit premature to try to make a "told you so" thread about it when if it does happen this late in the season or in the playoffs, it will be much, much worse timing. Wouldn't you say?

PGDynasty24
03-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Dick already has imploded,he blew his load all over you Spurs Fans while making 13 million a year

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 01:34 PM
The threads are expired. I'm very sure there were "some" posters saying Ron would blow up and make shit worse for the Lakers. I'm just questioning that it was as many as some Laker fans suggest. And, it wasn't like it was every Rockets and Spurs fan doing so. How many posters really adamantly "insisted" he would?

Plus, once again, the regular season hasn't even ended. A bit premature to try to make a "told you so" thread about it when if it does happen this late in the season or in the playoffs, it will be much, much worse timing. Wouldn't you say?

I agree Jam. Totally agree.
Lakers fans are just as guilty when that trade went through.

I am just relaying confidence based on the type of team he'e playing with. He's with a contender. That may make the difference for him and his antics.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Your analogy is as flawed as everything else stupid that you post. There is no pressure to build up that will cause him to erupt. He's in heaven. Ariza on the other hand has tuned out to be just what I told you he was... a srub. You deserve nothing better.

If there was a god of stupidity, you must have really pissed him off, because he has blessed you with it

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Your analogy is as flawed as everything else stupid that you post. There is no pressure to build up that will cause him to erupt. He's in heaven. Ariza on the other hand has tuned out to be just what I told you he was... a srub. You deserve nothing better.

Stupid fuck, you can't even spell scrub or anything that requires a normal level of intelligence. :lol

Feb 1, 2008 ... The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Pau Gasol in a trade

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Man Double, why all the anger?
In the scheme of things, who really cares?

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 02:52 PM
You would be angry too if you came off looking like a loud mouth ape if you were as wrong as often as he is. This guy is a loser. He has the right team.

Time will tell and prove me right, but when it comes around you'll still have Kobe's cock in your mouth and running far far away from Spurstalk. :loser

JamStone
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Have you ever considered that the guy just fits? Maybe he loves playing in LA and with his current teammates. I think its safe to say the Lakers made the right choice.

I didn't say he didn't. I just think this "I told you so" thread is unnecessary and at this point in the season premature. For me personally, over the summer, I thought the Artest pick-up was good for the Lakers especially after deciding to let Ariza walk. I definitely thought there were risks involved but I didn't think or say he would be a cancer or implode on the Lakers.

You'd be naive however to think or say there is no chance of that happening. There still is that possibility. The guy is not completely mentally and emotionally stable. And, hey, it might not even happen this season. Lakers could repeat. But that doesn't preclude it from happening during Ron's tenure with the Lakers.

I think your response to me is predicated on the notion that you think I was one of the people who said he'd blow up. I wasn't.

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Man Double, why all the anger?
In the scheme of things, who really cares?

No hate, real is real, and bandwagon lakerfans like him are a waste of bandwidth...as I just proved. If he couldn't talk shit he wouldn't even be here thus the "I wanna go to Spurstalk after Gasol got traded" comment. Real talk, he's a fake ass cunt licking bitch. Don't worry though I know my team is garbage but I'll be here giving sorry ass lakerfans hell every fucking day until they choke on nut in the playoffs.

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
No hate, real is real, and bandwagon lakerfans like him are a waste of bandwidth...as I just proved. If he couldn't talk shit he wouldn't even be here thus the "I wanna go to Spurstalk after Gasol got traded" comment. Real talk, he's a fake ass cunt licking bitch. Don't worry though I know my team is garbage but I'll be here giving sorry ass lakerfans hell every fucking day until they choke on nut in the playoffs.
:lmao Just like the other 9 out of 10 non Laker fans on this board praying the Lakeshow fails hahaha shit is pretty sad

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Look. When I'm on top doing the fucking, you're the one catching hell, not me. And you are right, the Rockets do suck ass, and will continue to do so.

Good thing my life doesn't revolve around them and I don't have to post as fucking lakerfan on a Spurs board. Talk about lack of intelligence, at least I reside in fucking Texas...:lol

JamStone
03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
I didn't think you were one of those who said Ron was done. I was all for him coming here, and Ariza leaving. Most Rocket, Dallas, and Spurs fans were claiming he would implode and ruin the chemistry. They were all in line with Cuban. If anything he's added to our chemistry, and he knows it. I don't see him messing this up.

We'd have to go back to those threads, but I think the word "most" is an exaggeration. Certainly "some." But, I think this thread is another manifestation of some Laker fans to be right, to say "I told you so," to in some way alleviate their own insecurities. I don't know why though. Lakers have the best record in the west and look to be in very good position to make another legit run at another title.

This thread was so unnecessary.

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 03:07 PM

They are not garbage man and if you insist that they are, can we have Trevor back?..(just kidding). :lol

Heck, can we have Brooks?

Rockets will rise out of the ashes buddy. This is just b-ball afterall. :toast

j.dizzle
03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
We'd have to go back to those threads, but I think the word "most" is an exaggeration. Certainly "some." But, I think this thread is another manifestation of some Laker fans to be right, to say "I told you so," to in some way alleviate their own insecurities. I don't know why though. Lakers have the best record in the west and look to be in very good position to make another legit run at another title.

This thread was so unnecessary.
:lol And 90% of the other threads on this board arent? lmao

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Not really.:nope They are still stuck with that fragile Chinaman. This team is headed for some years of not making the playoffs.

I guess I should have used the word "eventually" huh? :lol
I think there's some potential there though.

JamStone
03-03-2010, 03:33 PM
:lol And 90% of the other threads on this board arent? lmao

Lol. touche!

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
They are not garbage man and if you insist that they are, can we have Trevor back?..(just kidding). :lol

Heck, can we have Brooks?

Rockets will rise out of the ashes buddy. This is just b-ball afterall. :toast

You got it, cause we can trade him once he gets near healthy cause of all the paper he makes owners and his marketing value. Also don't sleep on the fact his contract expires after the 10-11 season...but hey you really challenging average lakerfan IQ levels on this forum, props to you pimp.

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
:nope

I know it sounds like I'm just talking shit here cause i'm just another stupid fuck that made it through the riots in my ma's cunt.

For real playa?

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
:nope

I know it sounds like I'm just talking shit here, but this organization is really no better than the Clippers, so there's no reason to expect them to ever do anything, EVER. They lucked up by getting Hakeem, and I do mean luck with a coin flip, and the stupid bastards were trying to trade him before he blossomed. We were after him too. These silly fans are still drunk from the Hakeem run, hence, DOUBLE-UP. These are a bunch of fans that are not use to anything, and shall remain butthurt and delusional. There was a poll taken of the worst fans on this site, and Rocket fan won going away. They are the niggas of the NBA fandom. When I say nigga, I don't mean blacks, I'm talking low life foul mutherfuccers.

Man laka, talk about putting salt on a wound. Deep.
I am just glad we got Horry out of all of that.
Those Hakeem teams were wicked.
Are you sure about the Rockets ownership being the same as the Clippers?

JamStone
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
When I say nigga, I don't mean blacks, I'm talking low life foul mutherfuccers.

Then why didn't you just say "low life foul mutherfuccers" in the first place and leave it at that?

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Why am I babbling randomly?

That's a great question.

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Then why didn't you just say "low life foul mutherfuccers" in the first place and leave it at that?

He thinks cruising through LA with whiteboys in a slab means you can say nigga anytime you please. Like I said he's just another fraud bitch trying to pull punches on a Spurs forum. He ain't shit.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Artest gets a lot of steals. Gotta be careful around him. lol

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Time will tell and prove me right, but when it comes around you'll still have Kobe's cock in your mouth and running far far away from Spurstalk. :loser

You're the one with Morey's cock shoved up your ass/mouth 24 hours a day despite the guy leading your team straight to the lottery :lol

The Rockets are going absolutely nowhere. :toast

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 04:00 PM
You're the one with Morey's cock shoved up your ass/mouth 24 hours a day despite the guy leading your team straight to the lottery :lol

Listen at less than 200 posts talk, I don't even call rookie ass hoes like you by name.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 04:18 PM

Just like you in life

Ode to Triple Ocho
03-03-2010, 04:20 PM
If Hakeem played for a real franchise (Lakers) instead of a loser one (read: Houston) he would have retired with at least 4 rings. Probably more. Which is a god damn shame.

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Are just egging me on for the entertainment? Hell yes I'm sure!!! They gave up Horry. Before that they were trying to trade him to the Pistons for Sean Elliott during the same year they won the title, lucky for them I think Elliott failed the physical, which was a sign of things to come for that guy. They gave up a young clutch Casselle. They took on an old Barkely, and that failed, and was a joke too. They lucked up by getting Pippen, they over paid him, and he hated muggy dusty Houston and left town on a cheap flight to Portland. They shipped Cutino and Francise for no fucking reason at all, oh wait, TMAC MAC FIRST ROUND VIRGIN, and whats his name, oh, Juan Howard. We all know how that turned out. Now they dump an always injured TMAC and a very good PF for and always injured Kevin Martin???:wow Not to mention they signed one of our overrated scrubs, and we took their best defensive player in the process.:lmao

And now this Double-up clown would like you to believe they are going to turn Yao's contract into gold?:nope

I am not egging you on Laka. I was just curious that's all. I don't follow FO's in the league much less transactions as much. It was a legit question.

Live and learn. Now I know.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
If Hakeem played for a real franchise (Lakers) instead of a loser one (read: Houston) he would have retired with at least 4 rings. Probably more. Which is a god damn shame.

And if Jordan played with the players Kobe played with, Jordan have at least 10 rings, you see what i did there?

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
He was suppose to have a dynasty attached to his name, but all he got was back to back. Houston really fucked him over with poor decisions, or lack thereof.

He would have had at least 4 rings, maybe 5, if it weren't for that white Guy named Larry Bird

Drugs, and Injuries ruined the 80's Finals teams

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Living in Houston will do that to you. Look at the players that have come out of there. They either had career ending injuries, or ended up in the nut house, except for a few.

http://www.youthradio.us/images/2009/06/20/090620_lakers_fans_riot.jpg

http://freerangetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/laker_2.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/images/539215/7_22_c450.jpg

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 04:46 PM
http://kobe8bryant.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/riot10.jpg

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lootla.jpg

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/la-lakers-riot-1.jpg

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
let's not forget your bandwaggonning fans

http://www.o-dub.com/images/snoop-gsw.jpg

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Lol. touche!

You beat me to it Jam ...man has a point.

thread is premature and unnecesary but so was the hate that preceded it ...

Laker shave not won anything yet ...

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I dont normally get riled by much but many act as if all the laker fans are bandwagoners when in fact ...most Laker fans i know date back to the Magic years and at the VERY least the late 90's Nick the quick days ...

Maybe not some of the posters here ...but when defeated many point to join date to Spurstalk.

I joined here AFTER GAsol BECUASE i wanted to respond to the conspiracy talk. I had been watching this site for a few years prior back when I first moved to San Antonio 4 years ago.

Heard about it on the local sportstalk when i lived there ...but my 2nd child was born soon after and i did not have the time at work or home to post then.

To me you are NOT a bandwagon fan even if you jump on when a team is winning as long as you stay when they lose after like all teams do.

the pistons fans on here are great examples I dont care if they started when Chauncey and compny beat us ...just that they stick around now that they suck.

It'll be curious to see how many Spur fans post as much when duncan is gone.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
To me you are NOT a bandwagon fan even if you jump on when a team is winning as long as you stay when they lose after like all teams do.

Exactly

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Exactly

By the way the Rox fans here for the most part are way better thant the clutch fans are. I USED to go their site a bit (my grandma) lives in Houston and in my job as a corporate trainer I had the SW region and Texas was part of my area of coverage.

Their fans on clutch the editorials to the papers and the talkshows are wild!!

i think this site has some of their best fans.

1 thing i agree with (posted earlier) hakeem on the Lakers especially during the Magic era would of been epic ...
even after might of been nice ...but you cant assume he would of got 4 titles because of MJ ...

BUT he was the 2nd best player to MJ in the NBA for a few years and the best during Mj's baseball career ...

Since I started watching Kareem at the "tail end" of his prime i cant truly compare but excluding Kareem Hakeem is best big man (yes even over duncan) I have ever seen.

Also, until recently I would say you could not of even argued kobe in his class either ...but with the past few seasons I MAy now give Kobe the nod ...but it's close Hakeem was THAT good ...

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Exactly

the jumpoff is wht makes you a bandwagon fan ...

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
By the way the Rox fans here for the most part are way better thant the clutch fans are. I USED to go their site a bit (my grandma) lives in Houston and in my job as a corporate trainer I had the SW region and Texas was part of my area of coverage.

Their fans on clutch the editorials to the papers and the talkshows are wild!!

i think this site has some of their best fans.

1 thing i agree with (posted earlier) hakeem on the Lakers especially during the Magic era would of been epic ...
even after might of been nice ...but you cant assume he would of got 4 titles because of MJ ...

BUT he was the 2nd best player to MJ in the NBA for a few years and the best during Mj's baseball career ...

Since I started watching Kareem at the "tail end" of his prime i cant truly compare but excluding Kareem Hakeem is best big man (yes even over duncan) I have ever seen.

Also, until recently I would say you could not of even argued kobe in his class either ...but with the past few seasons I MAy now give Kobe the nod ...but it's close Hakeem was THAT good ...

Nice post, alot of them at clutchfans wanted to trade Brooks for quite some time, that's just being stupid

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice post, alot of them at clutchfans wanted to trade Brooks for quite some time, that's just being stupid

Brooks has his faults but i think you guys need a scoring PG with all of the role players (Ariza, Battier, hayes Landry (before) on the team.

When the talent gets better maybe he is not the PG you want ...but I think he has done wonders for your team and is a Lakers killer. maybe he will adapt his game as he gets older as well.

All i know he used to kill my Bruins at Oregon as well.

The Gemini Method
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Man, the Pac-10 is shitty this year in bball...

But, Hakeem was definitely a beast in his heyday. I remember trying to emulate the Dream Shake in my pee-wee basketball league. You'd have to incorporate Magic's no look pass...Kareem's hook shot...and Olajuwon's DS move and man...

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Man, the Pac-10 is shitty this year in bball...

But, Hakeem was definitely a beast in his heyday. I remember trying to emulate the Dream Shake in my pee-wee basketball league. You'd have to incorporate Magic's no look pass...Kareem's hook shot...and Olajuwon's DS move and man...

it's a shame but look at the PAC10 ballers doing it big in the NBA

Brooks
Westbrook
Collison
Love
Mayo
harden
Iggy
Budinger (when he plays)
Afflalo

RJ, Farmar and Ariza (JK)

but we LOST a LOt of talent the past few years

The Gemini Method
03-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Brooks
Westbrook
Collison
Love
Mayo
harden
Iggy
Budinger (when he plays)
Afflalo

Hey, don't forget DeRozan and Taj Gibson... ;)

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey, don't forget DeRozan and Taj Gibson... ;)

Good catch i guess youare a USC man ...did you see what Mays ran the 40 in? Wow. i knwo his coverage skills may be suspect but you might have to consider a guy with Lebron type size/speed ratio ...

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I dont normally get riled by much but many act as if all the laker fans are bandwagoners when in fact ...most Laker fans i know date back to the Magic years and at the VERY least the late 90's Nick the quick days ...

Maybe not some of the posters here ...but when defeated many point to join date to Spurstalk.

I joined here AFTER GAsol BECUASE i wanted to respond to the conspiracy talk. I had been watching this site for a few years prior back when I first moved to San Antonio 4 years ago.

Heard about it on the local sportstalk when i lived there ...but my 2nd child was born soon after and i did not have the time at work or home to post then.

the pistons fans on here are great examples I dont care if they started when Chauncey and compny beat us ...just that they stick around now that they suck.

It'll be curious to see how many Spur fans post as much when duncan is gone.

Put me on that list.:toast
Good post Killa. You hit it on the nail.

The Lakers went exactly 12 years before another LOB was won. 12 years. We were spoiled in the 80's because them winning it was expected.

You live with your team. You die with your team.

The Gemini Method
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Good catch i guess youare a USC man ...did you see what Mays ran the 40 in? Wow. i knwo his coverage skills may be suspect but you might have to consider a guy with Lebron type size/speed ratio ...

I personally don't think Mays is a fit for the Tampa 2 type defense where he'll be playing zone and react. I do think he is better when he's able to use his athleticism and speed to track down/double coverage. The hope is he can learn and stay heady, but he really didn't perform well in this previous year and I'm not so sure he should've stayed. Whomever gets Mays will have to have someone to mentor him or run the risk of him not evolving. Good kid, so I hope he makes it in the next level.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Brooks
Westbrook
Collison
Love
Mayo
harden
Iggy
Budinger (when he plays)
Afflalo

Brooks has shown what he is capable of, Budinger hasn't had that much playing time which pisses me off, but he is a very capable player

RedsLakers24
03-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Lakers are the best

Venti Quattro
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Brooks
Westbrook
Collison
Love
Mayo
harden
Iggy
Budinger (when he plays)
Afflalo

Luke Walton :lmao

oh and btw the bruins suck right now

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Luke Walton :lmao

oh and btw the bruins suck right now

Yep we do but the Final four trips were nice ...

Plus we have banners ...lot's of 'em.