PDA

View Full Version : Winning vs. Losing

SequSpur
03-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Sports....competition...Duality.

I am sitting here reading topics about Mike Finley and a few others...

I am stunned. Mike Finley helped this team win. He helped this team advance. He was a big part of that.

Bruce Bowen helped this team win. He helped this team advance. He was big part of that.

I don't get your negative takes about asking to move on from a team that is going nowhere, has poor chemistry and has completely changed.

As for Sean Elliott, I don't give a shit about what he says.

It's simple...a season starts at the beginning of the year and ends when the championship is played. Players get older, the game changes, rules changes and basically shit happens.

Sports is all about change and competition and staying ahead of the game.

You mean to tell me the Spurs throw out players like Bonner, Bogans, Finley, and Mcdyess and expect to compete against the elite teams of the NBA? Uh no...

And then to sell a solid player named Finley down the river because it's time to move on? WTF? is he going to drop 30 in a game 7 against the spurs in the finals to finish them off in 2010? I think not.

You guys act you own a part of the spurs or they are interested in half of your opinion. I can tell you....they are not.

The NBA is so fucked up financially now, teams HAVE to do this kind of stuff to survive. Coaches are not getting extensions, players are not getting extensions, etc. etc.

Go ahead and sell Finley down the river, bowen also...the spurs could waive bogans and bonner now and it wouldn't change a thing in the win vs. lose column.

I don't get it... Watch a fuckin game, quit readin the newspaper and wakeup...It's all about the black and silver blood. The winning blood that works, not the bullshit that goes on behind the scenes. Who gives a fuck.

Props to Finley and Bowen.

They are both done.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Amen.

DesignatedT
03-03-2010, 01:36 AM
word.

NFGIII
03-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Dude, what's up with this? You've been here longer than I or many others have been and don't you know that most are here to just blow off steam and rant/rave about basically nothing with any substance? Sure some will make a point about what the Spurs are doing wrong but it amounts to absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. Look at all the RJ- Bogans- Bonner sucks threads ...etc to know that most don't know jack. Hell. if they did then why aren't they applying for a job with the Spurs? With all their knowledge I'm certain they could build a dynasty that would span a millineum or two.

Yes, both are done but in the case of Finley I took exception to his or for the matter any player demanding more PT when his/their stat sheet is absymal. He was done last year or the year before. I appreciate his contributions to the Spurs championship run in '07 but after that he was a liability. The Spurs needed to let him go after the '07 season in order to develop younger talent. As you quite correctly pointed out teams have to make business decisions that help their respective teams but this has been going on for decades. This is nothing new from my point of view, Players come and go - Gervin was traded to Chicago because the Spurs FO bselieved that his days were over and got David Greenwood in return. George spent a year with the Bulls and then retired. He was toast and the move to let him go was a correct one regardless of the loyalty issue. That is pretty plain and simple IMHO. The Spurs FO in regard to Finley thought otherwise. They agreed to his extension - I think it was a player option - and he contributed on a minor scale here and there. He did have some good games but at the expense of the Spurs future.

As for Bowen you never really know when Father Time knocks on your door and says it's time to hang them up. Last year he just wasn't the Bruce we've all come to know and admire. A step slower on most situations and it became painfully abvious to me halfway through the season that he didn't have it anymore. But having said that he was one of our best defensive players which doesn't say much for our declining D these last few years. But his contributions the prior year didn't warrant him being let go. He cam e to the Spurs as a has been - Riley stated that he thought him to be one of the worst offensive players in the league and didn't want him on the Heat anymore. One's person garbage is another person's treasure. Thank you Pat Riley! I wish more coaches could give the Spurs that kind of gift.

Finley and Bowen are players that contributed to the Spurs legacy. Each in his own way helped the Spurs and SA win titles. There has been some negative posts on both but in retrospect I go back to my original thought - most haven't a clue about what is going on and just blowing off steam.

Jaffies said it best in his now famous and classic "Hitler banned from Spurs Talk" thread - Fuck Vaugh get LeBron! We all want the best players here and bitch to the high heavens when they aren't.

Done ranting and off the :soapbox:

:flag:

Man In Black
03-03-2010, 03:13 AM
And then to sell a solid player named Finley down the river because it's time to move on?
Was he sold or did he sell out?

lennyalderette
03-03-2010, 04:28 AM
this guy likes to give everyone carpal tunnel!!!lol

Agloco
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Props to Finley and Bowen.

:tu