PDA

View Full Version : Rockets fans, serious question...

Donkeybong
03-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Would you trade Ariza for Adam Morrison's expiring if you could?

Kai
03-03-2010, 01:14 AM
no. Ariza is getting paid mid-level money & playing like a mid-level player. he's our de facto Battier replacement and should fit nicely when Yao comes back. Yao will be our first option followed by Brooks and Martin. Ariza can thrive in that role.

noob cake
03-03-2010, 01:17 AM

We'll ban him from shooting next year; open 3's or breakaway dunks only

Venti Quattro
03-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Throw Ariza back to LA

Indazone
03-03-2010, 01:56 AM
We'll ban him from shooting next year; open 3's or breakaway dunks only

Pretty much everything that a player does on the court then eh? :lol

dickface
03-03-2010, 02:01 AM

lol @ lakerfan realizing Ariza was a better fit for their team than Artest.

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 02:08 AM
lol @ lakerfan realizing Ariza was a better fit for their team than Artest.

We WANT him as a backup ...him Farmar and Brown would of been a sweet bench with Lamar ...

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 02:10 AM
We WANT him as a backup ...him Farmar and Brown would of been a sweet bench with Lamar ...

Why would u want him as a backup? Artest should suffice

Lars
03-03-2010, 02:40 AM
No, we don't dislike him.

DaDakota
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes, Ariza is horrible at fundamental basketball, and to have to watch him for the next 4 years is scary as hades.

I would rather role with Battier next year as the defensive wing and keep Budinger and Kmart and him as the 3 man wing rotation.

Trevor can't shoot, can't dribble, can't stay in front of his man, and was honestly a poor move by Morey.

DD

Donkeybong
03-03-2010, 01:44 PM
That's what i like to hear.

TheManFromAcme
03-03-2010, 01:53 PM
:depressed

I was really attached to Trev. Still miss him.
He's 100% Los Angelino

DBryant88
03-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Yes, Ariza is horrible at fundamental basketball, and to have to watch him for the next 4 years is scary as hades.

I would rather role with Battier next year as the defensive wing and keep Budinger and Kmart and him as the 3 man wing rotation.

Trevor can't shoot, can't dribble, can't stay in front of his man, and was honestly a poor move by Morey.

DD

:lmao

DBryant88
03-03-2010, 01:55 PM
:depressed

i was really attached to trev. Still miss him.
He's 100% los angelino

+1

Reeko_Htown
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM

DD

oh, DD the Trevor hater. Get over it bro. Ariza will be a starter while your pet Budinger will stay on the bench. You'll see how better he will be at the 3.

Double-Up
03-03-2010, 01:59 PM

DD

Chill the fuck out DD, HE IS PLAYING OUT OF HIS POSITION/ROLE at SG, it's like us playing Jared Jeffries 40 mins a game at the Center spot then complaining about how he can't guard, dribble, or rebound at that position. Be real...

The Gemini Method
03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
We need to up our tattoo quota to stay close to the likes of the Nuggets and Cavs...that's why we need Ariza back...

The Franchise
03-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Chill the fuck out DD, HE IS PLAYING OUT OF HIS POSITION/ROLE at SG, it's like us playing Jared Jeffries 40 mins a game at the Center spot then complaining about how he can't guard, dribble, or rebound at that position. Be real...

You'll never win that argument with him. When he decides to hate someone that's it for him. You won't change his mind with logic and facts. :lol

angrydude
03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Ariza would do a lot more by doing less.

I just hope he doesn't get too butthurt that Martin is going to take the starting SG position away from him.

DaDakota
03-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Look, I can't help it if I am right, and have no problem saying what his faults are...you fanboys can ignore the truth, but as a pragmatist, I can't.

Now, he is playing SF, and we have more talented SG's now with Kmart, maybe that will mask his fundamental deficiencies and he can go back to being the 5th option and be successful.

That is fine by me, but he is NOT a good basketball player, he is a good athlete.

DD

djohn2oo8
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Look, I can't help it if I am right, and have no problem saying what his faults are...you fanboys can ignore the truth, but as a pragmatist, I can't.

Now, he is playing SF, and we have more talented SG's now with Kmart, maybe that will mask his fundamental deficiencies and he can go back to being the 5th option and be successful.

That is fine by me, but he is NOT a good basketball player, he is a good athlete.

DD

This coming from the guy who is still in love with Von Wafer. Ariza plays good defense, but you have to remember it's not all Ariza's fault. If Adelman saw him struggling, why keep telling him to shoot it in crucial game situations, instead of passing it?

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 05:09 PM

DD

i do think he will do better at SF ...

he is a good athlete and and decent basketball player skill wise ...but he WAS DUMB for palying hardball with the Lakers.

The "fit" was better for him in LA. Lakers can win with artest in his place he will not thrive without the support system he had yes he will score some points get some steals and dunks but his game was thriving and developing here ...that is too bad.

DaDakota
03-03-2010, 05:39 PM
You would think he would develop in Houston, by seeing a LOT more of the ball, but honestly all it did was expose his weaknesses.

Seriously, his dribble is so poor, he just loses the ball when he tries to drive, his passing is ok, not great, and his defense has been less than advertised as a one on one defender.

All we really need out of him is to replace a declining Battier, but Shane is so much smarter than Trevor and so much more impactual on a game I am not sure Trevor will even be able to do that.

Honestly, I hope he is included in a trade this summer as I can not recall many NBA players in their 6th year suddenly learning how to dribble.

I mean...my 7 year old can dribble circles around him......it is mind boggling that a guy can get to the NBA as a wing player and not be able to do the most fundamental things.

DD