PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty Drama

Slydragon
03-03-2010, 01:24 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388995

Best guess so far from a poster on there

- Activision/Blizzard realize that MW is one of their biggest brands by far
- Decide that they want to make a MW:MMO, MW:RTS, MW:Action Adventure, MW:thrid person shooter and want to expand the brand into Asia etc
- IW heads have a contract that gives them the ability to prevent this, and they threaten to use this power
- Activision force the heads of IW into a breach of contract, possibly by requiring them to let personnel go
- Activision fires heads of IW, cancels contract, and then goes ahead with plan to make MW:MMO, MW:RTS etc

duhoh
03-03-2010, 04:03 AM
lol IW.

they had the potential to make the greatest PC fps ever.

balli
03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Jason West and Vince Zampella, the men at the centre of this week's drama at Call of Duty developers Infinity Ward, have filed suit against Activision over claims they are owed "substantial royalty payments".

"Activision has refused to honor the terms of its agreements and is intentionally flouting the fundamental public policy of this State (California) that employers must pay their employees what they have rightfully earned," said the pair's attorney, Robert Schwartz, of law firm O'Melveny & Myers. "Instead of thanking, lauding, or just plain paying Jason and Vince for giving Activision the most successful entertainment product ever offered to the public, last month Activision hired lawyers to conduct a pretextual 'investigation' into unstated and unsubstantiated charges of 'insubordination' and 'breach of fiduciary duty,' which then became the grounds for their termination on Monday, March 1st."

West and Zampella are coming out swinging. "We were shocked by Activision's decision to terminate our contract," Jason West says. "We poured our heart and soul into that company, building not only a world class development studio, but assembling a team we've been proud to work with for nearly a decade. We think the work we've done speaks for itself."

"After all we have given to Activision, we shouldn't have to sue to get paid", Zampella adds.

Interestingly, in addition to seeking the unpaid royalties, the pair are also after "the contractual rights Activision granted to West and Zampella to control Modern Warfare-branded games". Whether that means they want to make "Modern Warfare" games without Activision, or would seek to have the brand buried if it's without their input, is unclear. We'll update when we hear more.
http://kotaku.com/5485295/infinity-ward-founders-suing-activision-over-unpaid-royalties

symple19
03-04-2010, 10:18 AM
hmmmm, karma?

MiamiHeat
03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
isnt Gone With the Wind or Cameron's Avatar the most successful entertainment product ever offered to the public?

MiamiHeat
03-04-2010, 10:20 AM
hmmmm, karma?

lol for what

MW2 kicks ass. I have no idea why anyone complains about it.

MW1 was awesome, MW2 is awesome too :)

balli
03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
lol for what

MW2 kicks ass. I have no idea why anyone complains about it.

Not to start an argument, but people have their reasons. Damn good ones.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Not to start an argument, but people have their reasons. Damn good ones.

I've yet to see you put forth any.

symple19
03-04-2010, 10:41 AM

mods and servers to begin with, not to mention their smug, assholish attitudes throughout the development process (towards PC gamers). Also the laughable 6 hour long single player experience. Unless you're a console person who only plays MP, it was a colossal failure, IMHO

Hard to take sides here though, because this is (seemingly) yet another case of a giant corporation strong-arming a dev into getting them to do what they want them to do. I've got no love for either side, and will be interested to watch them tear each-other apart

resistanze
03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Hard to take sides here though, because this is (seemingly) yet another case of a giant corporation strong-arming a dev into getting them to do what they want them to do. I've got no love for either side, and will be interested to watch them tear each-other apart

QFT. The difficulties connecting to servers is a sin I cannot forgive for MP games. It's what stopped me from playing the Smackdown franchise, the Winning Eleven franchise (on next gen consoles), and MW2. I wish them both the worst.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Unless you're a console person who only plays MP, it was a colossal failure, IMHO

That's almost exactly what Balli is. He has pretty much no explanation for why he doesn't love this game.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
QFT. The difficulties connecting to servers is a sin I cannot forgive for MP games. It's what stopped me from playing the Smackdown franchise, the Winning Eleven franchise (on next gen consoles), and MW2. I wish them both the worst.

I've never had trouble connecting to servers in MW2, PC or xbox live.

symple19
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
That's almost exactly what Balli is. He has pretty much no explanation for why he doesn't love this game.

didn't he have problems with the MP gameplay? At least I think that's what I read in the MW2 thread.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
didn't he have problems with the MP gameplay? At least I think that's what I read in the MW2 thread.

Of course he does. He has all kinds of problems with the game, but his reasoning is obscure at best.

balli
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM

That because you're acting retarded and refuse to understand why things like the Danger close OMA, Tac Insert boosting, environment glitches, the only recently resolved care package bullshit and the new speed glitch, are gamebreakers. Nevermind the perk that teleports you across 20 feet so can stab somebody, at a speed faster than any internet connection on earth. Literally, it's a perk that creates lag in order to function.

Your understanding of why it's such a shit game should be inherit. But if you're really having such a hard time figuring it out (besides the shit poor map design and obvious and overall lazy design):

Certain silencers don't work.
The hit box detection is horrible, you can literally shoot around corners.
Some guns, the fal and three others, shoot down and to the right of where you're aiming. And their RDS's are off center.
It's not a glitch, but IW mitigated sniper rifles by making this game all about shooting people across huge open expanses with almost universally recoiless AR's.
Sniper frog is killing people because they're good.
Search and Destroy is dead.
Pavelow kills don't count toward your killstreaks.
For three months people were walking around with twin shotguns that could shoot the distance of a football field.

And I'm too lazy to go on, but I could make a list three times as long just discussing the things that are broken and don't work right. Nevermind the things that do work right, but are just lame, half-baked, idiotic and only put in the game to help 6 years olds and retards get kills.

Fuck you zosa.

resistanze
03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I've never had trouble connecting to servers in MW2, PC or xbox live.

I know me and my group of friends have always had problems on Live. Hell, people constantly complained in the server chat. I've never had a connection issue playing all but 3 games in my life (mentioned above). For me to stop playing a game like MW2 mainly because of connection issues says a lot. I wasn't too thrilled with the a million perks in the game, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. This was.

Maybe they've improved, I don't know. With newer games coming out I never bother to find out.

symple19
03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
those sound like legit reasons to me

z0sa
03-04-2010, 11:13 AM
That because you're acting retarded

:lol are you 14? Are we in gym class?

and refuse to understand why things like the Danger close OMA, Tac Insert boosting, environment glitches, the only recently resolved care package bullshit and the new speed glitch, are gamebreakers.

90% of the time (and that's being nice), they aren't. Unless you can prove they occur at this phenomenally ridiculous rate you imply, I'm going to have to classify you as a newbie who doesn't know shit about games. Glitches and exploits are a part of just about every game. You complain and give the developers time to fix them.

You *cannot* judge a STILL NEW (3month old) game based on rare glitches. I have days of gametime in the MP under multiple accounts and connections, I rarely see any of these things occur.

When they do (extremely rarely), one leaves and finds a new game. That simple, too hard on Balli's little nerves.

Your understanding of why it's such a shit game should be inherit.

Because it's not enough like 4 or CoD at all [/Balli]

Yes you've really said that and recently.

But if you're really having such a hard time figuring it out (besides the shit poor map design and obvious and overall lazy design):

Map designs and overall design are great.

Which?

The hit box detection is horrible, you can literally shoot around corners.

Disagree.

Some guns, the fal and three others, shoot down and to the right of where you're aiming. And their RDS's are off center.

FAL and which three others? Do you mean ADS?

It's not a glitch, but IW mitigated sniper rifles by making this game all about shooting people across huge open expanses with almost universally recoiless AR's.

Nope.

Isn't that a third party HACK?

Nope.

Another easily fixable error.

And I'm too lazy to go on, but I could make a list three times as long just discussing the things that are broken and don't work right.

I don't think you can.

Nevermind the things that do work right, but are just lame, half-baked, idiotic and only put in the game to help 6 years olds and retards get kills.

Like?

Fuck you zosa.

No thanks.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 11:16 AM
those sound like legit reasons to me

They aren't. It's like being afraid of laying in a stack of hay because of the one needle.

balli
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
fuck you zosa. I'm not trying to argue. Never wanted to. I don't like the game. I've listed why, but it was a waste of time as you're to dumb to understand and it should be a foregone conclusion on your part. I don't know where the fuck you get off expecting that your opinion is the be all and end all and that anyone who disagrees with you, owes you an explanation as to why(an explanation that you're usually too obtuse to wrap your head around). Anyways, I didn't owe you that. Consider it a favor. I'm free to hate mw2 as much as I please. Now fuck off.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
:lol You haven't listed any reason why anyone should up and quit (or simply not play) MW2 for more than a few seconds while one finds a new game and set of players.

You simply don't like it because it's not enough like 4 for you (amazingly - it's a carbon copy of 4 in almost every way just like I predicted). The same bullshit you spewed about WaW. The same bullshit you're going to spew when the next CoD comes around.

Continue pouting in a corner and calling my opinion wrong.

balli
03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
You haven't listed any reason why anyone should up and quit
God, you're fucking dumb. I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else does with mw2. I never tried to make that case. If you wanna play some shit poor game that's full of glitches, knock yourself out. Have a good time, call it great, but I'd suggest you quit caring about the fact that I don't like it. And drop the notion that I don't have any cause. That's my choice. Not yours.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 11:40 AM
God, you're fucking dumb. I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else does with mw2.

Yes, you do. But that's not what I was responding to, genius. I was responding to the fact you say "it should be a foregone conclusion." It's not to the vast majority of xbox 360 gamers like yourself.

You are in a very small minority of 360 gamers saying the game outright sucks and is unplayable.

Why?

Simple: it's not true. :lol It's simply your opinion, and your opinion is not supported by facts.

You can continue pouting about rare glitches like they matter, but I won't let you misrepresent them falsely.

balli
03-04-2010, 11:44 AM
your opinion is not supported by facts.
It most certainly is. Just because you type 'i disagree' after everything, doesn't make any of it less true. Really, I just think you're too much of a dumb asshole to even finish this conversation. I never wanted to even talk about this with you. now seriously, fuck off. Obtuse motherfucker.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
It most certainly is.

These glitches rarely occur: true or false?

Just because you type 'i disagree' after everything, doesn't make any of it less true.

Yes, it does. I'm disputing the basis for your opinion. Unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt these glitches occur in even 1 out of 10 games, you have nothing but hot air.

Really, I just think you're too much of a dumb asshole to even finish this conversation. I never wanted to even talk about this with you. now seriously, fuck off. Obtuse motherfucker.

You're the obtuse one. You are stuck on 4.

Cry Havoc
03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
z0sa with his, "I reserve the right to tell people what their opinions should be" attitude again. And if they argue, well, "No" is the best retort in the history of the universe. It's unassailable! :lol

So far, MW2 has been far glitcher than the first ever was. Which is amazing, considering Infinity Ward now has the experience as a developer that should keep glitches like this under control. Yet they keep popping up.

This is a $60 PC game that lists "mouse and keyboard control" as an exclusive feature. That was a standard feature in PC games in oh, I don't know, 1996?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/10/new-modern-warfare-2-server-hack-turns-players-into-the-flash/

http://www.break.com/game-trailers/game/modern-warfare-2/modern-warfare-2-custom-kit-exploit---100-kills

http://www.damnlag.com/columns/5-silence-please/547-modern-warfare-2-and-art-manipulation.html

You're the obtuse one. You are stuck on 4.

:lmao

So he's obtuse because he prefers a different game than you?

I guess there are TONS of obtuse gamers then. I'm still CoD4ing 3-5 times a week on my clan server, with 90+ custom maps in constant rotation, with another 120-150 in the reserve server. There were 24/24 people on last night. And it's still a blast. So we have roughly 5 times more maps on the server than both Modern Warfare games do.

symple19
03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I guess there are TONS of obtuse gamers then. I'm still CoD4ing 3-5 times a week on my clan server, with 90+ custom maps in constant rotation, with another 120-150 in the reserve server. There were 24/24 people on last night. And it's still a blast. So we have roughly 5 times more maps on the server than both Modern Warfare games do.

Simply cahnge COD4 to WaW and you have my experience nailed, maybe not quite as many maps though

balli
03-04-2010, 02:16 PM
lol at you Zosa. And I quote, The IW Studio Heads, from their lawsuit filed against Activision today:

West and Zampella were not as eager as Activision to jump into the development of Modern Warfare 2. Despite assurances from Activision that West and Zampella would have complete freedom to run Infinity Ward as an independent studio, Activision had begun to intrude on Infinity Ward's ability to create quality games. For example, Activision forced Infinity Ward's employees to continue to produce the game at a breakneck pace under aggressive schedules, and both West and Zampella were concerned that Activision was emphasizing quantity over quality.
lol lol lol at you zosa, but let me guess, you opinion and insight is far more valid than Call of Duty's creators?

MiamiHeat
03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I am XBOX LIVE ONLY MW2 gamer, so any PC issues you guys have, don't bother me on xbox. I have zero trouble connecting to games, so it must be PC only issue.

That because you're acting retarded and refuse to understand why things like the Danger close OMA,

Ok, I see how this could upset you. I have a class that has this set-up too, and I use it on Domination to defend flag captures, but still, I never get upset at people who do it.

The strategy is, kill the defender who is noob tubing, then capture the flags. Or if it's deathmatch, kill the guy.

I don't know, I never have a problem killing the guy, so it's never bothered me. I have never once been in a game and said "OMFG THIS NOOB TUBER IS PISSING ME OFF!!!"....

Tac Insert boosting,

Again, I made a thread on the xbox mw2 forums complaining about this during the first week of release. I am with you BUT

how does this make MW2 a shitty failure? These are people exploiting the game to cheat and it's 99% of the time done in my favorite playlist, Free For All. So I have experience with this. I complain but I don't bash MW2 as a result?

Basically, I have a custom class specifically for nuke boosters. Assault rifle with Noob tube, grenade launcher as 2ndary, Marathon, Danger close, SitRep as the perks. Now go kill them, very easy. Once they reach 7 kills and they die one time, they can no longer get a nuke.

Again, I don't like it either, but to bash MW2 over it? Seems nitpicky and you are diverting the blame away from the players onto IW unfairly.

environment glitches,

What? I am prestige 5 and I have only seen 1 environment issue.

If I stand too close to some walls, my body sticks out on the other side of the wall, giving me away to the enemy.

the only recently resolved care package bullshit

It's fixed, so no point in listing that one. Good job IW for fixing it, but you don't credit that though.

and the new speed glitch,

Speed glitch??? PC only I guess.

Nevermind the perk that teleports you across 20 feet so can stab somebody, at a speed faster than any internet connection on earth. Literally, it's a perk that creates lag in order to function.

You mean Commando, right? Again, zero issues with commando on my side.

(besides the shit poor map design

This is the only one I agree with. The maps are not as good as MW1 maps. I was already bored with these maps within 2 weeks of release.

They work for me. PC only issue I guess.

The hit box detection is horrible

I never have a problem hitting people.... or have noticed any problems like this... so must be PC only issue.

Some guns, the fal and three others, shoot down and to the right of where you're aiming.

So compensate and adapt? What's the issue?

Rumor, has not been proven. I don't believe it myself. My K/D ratio is almost 2.0, and I routinely get the best scores....

Lol? Hardcore ricochet SnD is my 2nd favorite mode and I play it ALL THE TIME. It's not dead, I love it, reminds me of Counter-Strike. What are you talking about?

Are you going to bitch about team chat stuff? I support IW on disabling party chats on the 360 for SnD.

ok, yeah, this is bugged imo. You have to call in a pavelow, and get 1 kill BEFORE the pavelow kills anyone to make it count. And, it only works on the first pavelow called in, i believe.

HOWEVER, I like it this way. The pavelow is too strong anyway. If the pavelow counted towards KS, I would get tons of nukes. Too unfair anyway. It's better this way.

For three months people were walking around with twin shotguns that could shoot the distance of a football field.

akimbo models? Yeah fixed now.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
z0sa with his, "I reserve the right to tell people what their opinions should be" attitude again.

Quite the opposite. Balli is clearly stating it should be "obvious why he doesn't like the game" - because it sucks, supposedly, due to a long list (that could be 3x longer) you apparently didn't read in your eagerness to insult me. I merely don't think it sucks and I'm defending it.

As for me stating "No" in response to Balli in certain situations, it's because he simply asserted his opinion as fact. I can do the same thing and simply say no, you're wrong, my opinion is right. Same thing.

Don't take sides just because you dislike MW2.

So he's obtuse because he prefers a different game than you?

It's not that. I'm drawing from previous arguments and posts we've made. He didn't like WaW for these same types of miniscule, WGAF type of reasons (reloading anims, minor glitches, unrealistic, etc). He even said he could never play the game of a developer he hates. Both new CoD games he's dropped the "It plays nothing like 4" card and stuck with it. I didn't just forget him insulting me time and time again while he told me these things, but I'm only out for a reasonable debate if Balli's going to make such outlandish claims. If he's capable.

z0sa
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
lol at you Zosa. And I quote, The IW Studio Heads, from their lawsuit filed against Activision today:

lol lol lol at you zosa, but let me guess, you opinion and insight is far more valid than Call of Duty's creators?

What are you even loling at, dumbass? :lol

No one can even follow your gibberish.

"Fuck you z0sa"

z0sa
03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I've given this thread thought and you know what, fuck it. Sorry I mentioned anything balli. Continue hating on this game for whatever reasons, it's your right. It's stupid that you post these things on an internet forum and then get defensive over people responding, but again that's your right. I won't continue.

BlackSwordsMan
03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
MW2 was trash
fuck IW

J.T.
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I have fun playing MW2 but there are some things wrong with it and if you fail to see them because you have such a blast pulling off a 50:8 KDR on any maps, that's not an MP, that's a YP, your problem.

The game pisses me off half the time.

duhoh
03-04-2010, 06:48 PM
COD4 is FAR superior to MW2. It could lay the biggest, messiest, nastiest brick on it, and MW2 wouldn't know what to do.

Yes CoD is a fun series. Yes MW2 can be a fun game. But it is a home arcade experience. Run and gun is pretty much encouraged, and requires little skill.

CoD4 was simpler, and more balanced. No class was super cheap. Anyone on your skill level could get you. Not like the crap that let's you constantly noobtube and spam killstreak perks.

The video that CH posted up a while ago was something I experienced several times. People left the game quickly every time. I left it every time.

If I get outplayed through skill, then I'll take it. But if someone is exploiting the system and it produces results that cause everyone to leave consistently? That's what you call a broken game.

MW2 for PC = FAIL.

For console, it's a decent experience other than that gay class.

I'll take MW1 any day.

z0sa, QFT. It's no use. Your opinions are different, and mocking someone else's while trying to show why your logic is "superior" is clearly unfruitful.

MiamiHeat
03-04-2010, 07:25 PM
COD4 is FAR superior to MW2. It could lay the biggest, messiest, nastiest brick on it, and MW2 wouldn't know what to do.

Yes CoD is a fun series. Yes MW2 can be a fun game. But it is a home arcade experience. Run and gun is pretty much encouraged, and requires little skill.

CoD4 was simpler, and more balanced. No class was super cheap. Anyone on your skill level could get you. Not like the crap that let's you constantly noobtube and spam killstreak perks.

The video that CH posted up a while ago was something I experienced several times. People left the game quickly every time. I left it every time.

If I get outplayed through skill, then I'll take it. But if someone is exploiting the system and it produces results that cause everyone to leave consistently? That's what you call a broken game.

MW2 for PC = FAIL.

For console, it's a decent experience other than that gay class.

I'll take MW1 any day.

z0sa, QFT. It's no use. Your opinions are different, and mocking someone else's while trying to show why your logic is "superior" is clearly unfruitful.

Cool story bro

resistanze
03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
All I know is that I waited for MW2 for most of 2009, and I ended up trading it in last month for GOW3 pre-order. The game just isn't that good.

ynh
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Agreed with Balli on the issues with MW2.

I will say personally what made me get rid of the game is

the shotguns
light weight/ marathon/ comando
I can't be in party chat
the mentioned glitches
the fact that every 20 seconds there is some kill streak thing going on
and mainly the fact it's too easy.. you can hip fire at an enemy clear across the board.. spray.. and get a head shot.
Oh and agreed that the level designs suck ass.. though I do like the airport.

Just my opinon but I'd rather play World at War and Bad Company 2 then MW2

ynh
03-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Also not sure how people aren't having problems connecting to games.. by yourself yea there is no problem.. try connecting to a game with one or more friends and tell me how many times it takes to get you all in the same game.

TwAnKiEs
03-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Also not sure how people aren't having problems connecting to games.. by yourself yea there is no problem.. try connecting to a game with one or more friends and tell me how many times it takes to get you all in the same game.

Not perfect, but I would say about 90% of the time :toast

We only lost one person tonight and we had a group of 6

4>0rings
03-05-2010, 12:23 AM
I agree with Balli about all the problems but it isn't a trash game. I still play it all the time.

ynh
03-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Not perfect, but I would say about 90% of the time :toast

We only lost one person tonight and we had a group of 6

Really.. I guess you are lucky.. I have trouble losing people all the time.

resistanze
03-05-2010, 07:42 AM

Exactly. I usually played with a group of 3. The games would fail 60-70% of the time. What a joke.

TwAnKiEs
03-05-2010, 08:50 AM

Exactly. I usually played with a group of 3. The games would fail 60-70% of the time. What a joke.

Yeah, I see the big issue is connections are wierd... some are just fine then where others can compare it to pulling teeth... at least its not as bad as GOW2 eesh!

MiamiHeat
03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
you guys experiencing problems are on the PC right?

cuz i have zero issues finding games with my friends and family on xbox live.

ynh
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
360 for me.

resistanze
03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
you guys experiencing problems are on the PC right?

cuz i have zero issues finding games with my friends and family on xbox live.

I know me and my group of friends have always had problems on Live.

z0sa
03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I've never had trouble finding or connecting to matches, PC or xbox live. I usually have at least 1-2 buddies with me as well and we rarely experience issues..

IronMexican
03-05-2010, 01:42 PM
On that video of the 100 kills, the guy sounds exactly like dirk4mvp.

This game looks like garbage, just from this video. Glad I don't have it.

The Gemini Method
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
There seems to be varying degrees of debate going on with MW2 and I notice at first I would defend the game, but after reading some of these posts--I remember why I haven't played the game in months. It doesn't have the same appeal for me as did MW did. I mean, I even enjoyed playing WaW more than I ever felt comfortable with MW2. Not that I'm saying I'll never play the game, its just the way they tinkered with it took something that wasn't broken and made it broken.

By the way, and this is kinda off-topic...is Bad Company 2 worth the money?

Cry Havoc
03-05-2010, 06:18 PM
So, z0sa, is an entire page of posts from just people on Spurstalk enough to convince you that something isn't right with MW2? Or are you just going to continue to stick your hands in your ears and tell people they're wrong simply because you apparently are experiencing none of the obvious, rampant glitching/exploits that's going on?

z0sa
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
So, z0sa, is an entire page of posts from just people on Spurstalk enough to convince you that something isn't right with MW2? Or are you just going to continue to stick your hands in your ears and tell people they're wrong simply because you apparently are experiencing none of the obvious, rampant glitching/exploits that's going on?

:rolleyes Could you be more dramatic? I'm defending the game from Balli, first; second, I'm defending it regardless of how many pages of people post about its minor problems. I never denied they exist, but they're being overstated. Others HAVE agreed with me on this front.

I think a lot of these complaints stem from negative pre-conceptions of the game. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Cry Havoc
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I think a lot of these complaints stem from negative pre-conceptions of the game. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Now, that makes a lot of sense.

One of, if not THE most hyped game of all time has problems with "negative pre-conceptions"?

Interesting theory.

z0sa
03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Now, that makes a lot of sense.

One of, if not THE most hyped game of all time has problems with "negative pre-conceptions"?

Interesting theory.

You don't remember IW falling out with the PC community because of no dedicated servers? It certainly had an effect on some on this board, including myself and you. While it didn't affect console gamers directly, I'd like to think most of them know about it. Combine that with some anger-causing exploits and I think there's an argument to be made.

balli
03-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but in the 22 some odd years that I've been gaming, I've only thought highly enough of one single game, prior to its release, that I stood in line at midnight for it.

symple19
03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but in the 22 some odd years that I've been gaming, I've only thought highly enough of one single game, prior to its release, that I stood in line at midnight for it.

which is what game?

balli
03-06-2010, 12:10 AM
^ mw2.

ynh
03-06-2010, 12:25 AM
My biggest complaint, quite simply, is it is easy as fuck.

Everyone I know that was playing World at War has a drastic raise in their Kill Death average when you compare what they were doing in that game to MW2. I went from a 0.74 to a 1.0 (not saying I'm good at either.. just making my point) from WaW to MW2.. every person on my friends list has made a similar jump.

It's too easy compared to the prior games.. perhaps I'm this way because I got into WaW first and not CoD4.. But that's why I love WaW.. because when I get a head shot.. I actually hit you in the head.. My bullets aren't volleyballs.

ynh
03-06-2010, 12:26 AM
By the way, and this is kinda off-topic...is Bad Company 2 worth the money?

Hell yea. Great Great game.

IronMexican
03-06-2010, 01:40 AM
BC2 is a lot of fun

Cry Havoc
03-06-2010, 03:21 AM
I'll be buying BC2 as soon as I move. Can't wait for that game.

resistanze
03-06-2010, 10:22 AM
BC2 looks real good. I'll get to it after I finish ME2.

TwAnKiEs
03-06-2010, 11:03 AM
BC2 looks real good. I'll get to it after I finish ME2.

I tried to get into some matches on tuesday during the day and not one MP game mode had any games... I hadnt tried again cuz ive been MW2 partying....but I like the hardore mode...Sniping is awesome. you have to account for bullet drop :hat

IronMexican
03-06-2010, 12:11 PM
BC2 is a lot of fun so far. I like that you can't spawn camp.

ynh
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
There are some big issues with it. The spawn camping happened to me yesterday but for a reason.

Problem is when you're playing rush if people on your team quit they are not replaced. After we got our ass handed defending 8 people quit.. leaving us 4 people to 12 when we were set to attack.

This sucked.. it was the demo level and all they did was put 12 people up on that hill and shot the shit out of us while we were dropping in.

I did manage to go 24 and 14 though.. after I started getting my ass hammered I was able to pick off two people while I was para-jumping and then two of us grabbed the tank and killed about 9 people before they blew it up.

DarkReign
03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I am considering buying BC2, but cant bring myself to do it. I think FPS games died for me with MW1.

ynh
03-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Buy it.. You will like it.

For some reason I decided to put in MW2 today.. took 2 mins to remember why I hate it.. half the other team was running around with lightweight, marathon, and dual 1887s.. the other half noob tubing.

ynh
03-08-2010, 12:03 AM
BTW the single player on BC2 is not that bad either.

Slydragon
04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
So the Ex-Infinity Ward heads made a new gaming company named "Respawn Entertainment" and joined EA, I like the name of the new co. but how long till EA burns them also.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1083048p1.html

Cry Havoc
04-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Ugh.... why would you go from the most evil gaming company on the planet to the guys who are 2nd in line?

balli
04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
From what I understand they were fairly paranoid about creative control and license rights, understandably. I think they're being very careful to set things up so that EA can't fuck with them down the road.

The funniest thing about all this (at least as far as one poster on this board goes) is how much West and Zampella are throwing mw2 under the bus these days. IW themselves are more or less calling it a compromised game, saying CoD fans deserved better than they got.

z0sa
04-13-2010, 12:55 AM
at least as far as one poster on this board goes

Are you afraid to say his name?