PDA

View Full Version : SpursTalk Fantasy Baseball 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Have created the league for 2010 and sent invites (I think) to all of the returning owners to give them preference for joining the league. Once I hear back from them, I'll open the league up to new owners. We'll have at least one spot free and maybe more.

For now, I wanted to suggest that we change the rules in a couple of respects:

1. I'm proposing we bump the minimum IP per week from 10 to 15 -- I don't think this will conceivably be a problem for anyone; I'm actually thinking that a more substantial bump might be worthwhile.

2. I'm proposing shortening the lineups to exclude the CI and MI slots and shortening the benches, too, from 9 to 6. In large part, I think this is a good idea because it forces owners to make tough choices about who is in the lineup every day. I'm also hoping that the league will grow back from 10 to 12 teams.

3. I'm proposing that we make a slight modification of 2 of the scoring categories. I'm proposing that instead of just a sheer number of steals, we count a player's net steals. I'm also proposing that instead of just a sheer number of saves, we count a pitcher's net saves. Doing that with those categories will, I think, make those categories a bit more reflective of real world penalties on players who accumulate big numbers but do it inefficiently.

We can discuss all of this as we proceed along.

Once I have 12 owners in place, I'll set a draft order and time.

Thunder Dan
03-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm alright with 15 innings, but I like the CI and MI positions and hope they stay. Getting rid of them really affects the way the draft will work, plus, there will be more waiver claims and drops not less by cutting down benches. CI are normally good producers anyway.

I'm indifferent as far as the steals and saves go

phxspurfan
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I'll field a team if you guys have a spot free!

slayermin
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm cool with the changes except the bench. Couldn't we just reduce it to 7 or 8?

ATRAIN
03-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Sweet cant wait to draft this year so I dont have to hear dan complain how my "semi undrafted team" is better than his drafted team lol. Im cool with any changed you make commish, you have been good to us. Thanks for setting this up again.

Melmart1
03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for setting this up, FWD! I am now officially signed up as Happy Harry Harden. Yeah, not everyone will get the reference but oh well.

alamo50
03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I'll be there on opening day to accept last year's trophy next to my name.
Any rule changes are fine with me.
You set the rules and I play by them.

Looking forward to another fun season. Great to see many GM's back.
Thanks for setting it up again.

LET'S PLAY BALL!

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for setting this up, FWD! I am now officially signed up as Happy Harry Harden. Yeah, not everyone will get the reference but oh well.

So, does this mean you're going to pump up the volume this year and revert to your 2008 form?

Oh, and I still hate that scoreboard in your sig. :depressed

Melmart1
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Yay! Somebody got the reference! And yes, I hope to revert back to that form.

And I forgot about the scoreboard, haha! I keep it up more to annoy florige than you, if that helps at all.

slayermin
03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I retract my objection about the bench. I'm fine with the reduction to 6.

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I retract my objection about the bench. I'm fine with the reduction to 6.

I'll tell you that my thought in setting the bench at 6 is two fold: first, it keeps our league in step with the MLB roster size of about 24-25 -- we'll have 9 positional starters, 3 SP, 3 RP, 4 pitchers, and 6 bench players:

9+3=12+3=15+4=19+6=25.

Second, it makes owners make more difficult choices about who to keep and who to put out on the waiver wire as the season goes along. If my choice in thinking about picking up some guy who's on a hot streak or a brilliant prospect brings the consequence of having to drop a pretty solid bench player, I'm going to think much differently about that decision with a 25 man roster than a 30 man roster.

With that, it also gives some opportunities to teams that struggle with bad picks or injuries to recover a bit by finding players on the wire who might help. I think a problem in the last few years has been that teams get buried early and, because of the larger rosters, have little to no ability to make meaningful changes. I'm thinking that reducing the roster size and making the decisions tougher will encourage teams at the top to allow prospects to become available to some of the also-rans or make better free agents available to those teams.

I think it also will serve to make the decision to employ a rotating-door philosophy with pitchers a much harder one to pull off, since owners who do that will almost necessarily have to drop relatively good arms to mill the roster.

I'm still open to thoughts on that or any of the other rules of the league.

slayermin
03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I'll tell you that my thought in setting the bench at 6 is two fold: first, it keeps our league in step with the MLB roster size of about 24-25 -- we'll have 9 positional starters, 3 SP, 3 RP, 4 pitchers, and 6 bench players:

9+3=12+3=15+4=19+6=25.

Second, it makes owners make more difficult choices about who to keep and who to put out on the waiver wire as the season goes along. If my choice in thinking about picking up some guy who's on a hot streak or a brilliant prospect brings the consequence of having to drop a pretty solid bench player, I'm going to think much differently about that decision with a 25 man roster than a 30 man roster.

With that, it also gives some opportunities to teams that struggle with bad picks or injuries to recover a bit by finding players on the wire who might help. I think a problem in the last few years has been that teams get buried early and, because of the larger rosters, have little to no ability to make meaningful changes. I'm thinking that reducing the roster size and making the decisions tougher will encourage teams at the top to allow prospects to become available to some of the also-rans or make better free agents available to those teams.

I think it also will serve to make the decision to employ a rotating-door philosophy with pitchers a much harder one to pull off, since owners who do that will almost necessarily have to drop relatively good arms to mill the roster.

After thinking about the changes, they made sense. I'm good with it.

Thunder Dan
03-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm cool with the changes now that I think about it

are we still having 12 people? or are we set at 10? where is EricB?

let's have a competition for drafting order

EricB
03-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Where am I? Im right here and already signed up sunshine :)

Thunder Dan
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Where am I? Im right here and already signed up sunshine :)

I hope everyone enjoys losing.

DBryant88
03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
i want in!!

yavozerb
03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
When will the draft order be done? Should be fun

EricB
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I hope everyone enjoys losing.

:lol for the beginning of the year.

I do great up till middle of June then all of a sudden my teams decide to take a gigantic shit.

BTW, can someone explain for idiots like myself the NET saves and net steals thing, didn't quite understand that.

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 05:50 PM
:lol for the beginning of the year.

I do great up till middle of June then all of a sudden my teams decide to take a gigantic shit.

BTW, can someone explain for idiots like myself the NET saves and net steals thing, didn't quite understand that.

blown saves and caught stealing count against you. Like if you have 10 saves in a week and 2 blown, you have 8 total

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2010, 09:59 AM
blown saves and caught stealing count against you. Like if you have 10 saves in a week and 2 blown, you have 8 total

That's correct. It just puts a bit of a higher premium on players who are efficient in converting saves and steals -- or, it puts a penalty on those who get caught stealing a lot or who blow a lot of saves. Personally, I think net totals in those categories are more "realistic," and I think they will make those categories a bit more interesting.

By way of an update, 9 of my 10 invites to last season's owners have been answered. I'm waiting on another one and will give that person some additional time to consider whether or not to play again. I had promised a non-ST friend that he would have a place in the league and got the okays from most of last year's owners, too, so that friend has joined the league.

I'm waiting to hear back from Owner #10; that decision will tell me how many openings there are to extend to those who want to join the league. At this point, there will be 1 or 2 at most.

We should talk some about a draft time. I would prefer a weekend and a weekend morning at that. For now, the draft is scheduled for 3/27 (a Saturday) at 11 am CST.

Thunder Dan
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
That's correct. It just puts a bit of a higher premium on players who are efficient in converting saves and steals -- or, it puts a penalty on those who get caught stealing a lot or who blow a lot of saves. Personally, I think net totals in those categories are more "realistic," and I think they will make those categories a bit more interesting.

By way of an update, 9 of my 10 invites to last season's owners have been answered. I'm waiting on another one and will give that person some additional time to consider whether or not to play again. I had promised a non-ST friend that he would have a place in the league and got the okays from most of last year's owners, too, so that friend has joined the league.

I'm waiting to hear back from Owner #10; that decision will tell me how many openings there are to extend to those who want to join the league. At this point, there will be 1 or 2 at most.

We should talk some about a draft time. I would prefer a weekend and a weekend morning at that. For now, the draft is scheduled for 3/27 (a Saturday) at 11 am CST.

that date is fine

how are you going about doing drafting order?

FromWayDowntown
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
that date is fine

how are you going about doing drafting order?

Once I have the identity of all 12 team owners, I'll do what I did last year.

First, I used an online random number generator to come up with a random list from 1-10. That random list represented the draft order.

Then, I pulled numbers from 1-10 out of a hat and assigned them to teams by simultaneously pulling team names out of a hat. I matched the assigned team numbers to the random number list that I had generated and that gave us a draft order.

I'll admit that it's not ideal, but the only way that Yahoo can do the order is to give it to us 30 minutes ahead of time. I think last year everyone wanted more prep time. If you want more prep time, I have to do something like the above to generate the draft order.

Thunder Dan
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Once I have the identity of all 12 team owners, I'll do what I did last year.

First, I used an online random number generator to come up with a random list from 1-10. That random list represented the draft order.

Then, I pulled numbers from 1-10 out of a hat and assigned them to teams by simultaneously pulling team names out of a hat. I matched the assigned team numbers to the random number list that I had generated and that gave us a draft order.

I'll admit that it's not ideal, but the only way that Yahoo can do the order is to give it to us 30 minutes ahead of time. I think last year everyone wanted more prep time. If you want more prep time, I have to do something like the above to generate the draft order.

yeah thats cool. I like knowing what number I have so I can start looking at possible picks.

yavozerb
03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I am ok with the current date/time set for the draft. I too would want to know my draft position at least a week in advance if possible. Thanks by the way for the invite FWD.

alamo50
03-09-2010, 06:22 PM
For now, the draft is scheduled for 3/27 (a Saturday) at 11 am CST.

Date and especialy time are both great for me.

RedsLakers24
03-09-2010, 11:16 PM
can i still join? or is too late?

slayermin
03-10-2010, 05:03 PM
This draft should be interesting. A lot of high risk, high reward players out there.

Thunder Dan
03-16-2010, 08:55 AM
are the other 2 spots filled??

FromWayDowntown
03-16-2010, 09:16 AM
are the other 2 spots filled??

Not yet. I think it's time to open it up to two more owners.

If you're interested PM me.

Please note, however, that this league is less fun for everyone when owners pick teams and then refuse to actually play when the season is more than a month old. I'd be grateful for some self-censorship among those who might think about playing.

So, if you know that you become bored with fantasy teams, or if you think you'll lose interest in the league after a short while, or if you have big life-changing events that are about to happen and will keep you away from the league for long stretches of time, do us all a favor and skip the PM. I don't want to have to come hunting people down and asking for explanations about why they chose to be in the league and then didn't actually manage their teams.

-FWD

Thunder Dan
03-16-2010, 10:08 AM
let's get this started. The people's champion is here to defend his title

alamo50
03-16-2010, 05:16 PM
How can you defend my title?
I didn't hire you.

Thunder Dan
03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
How can you defend my title?
I didn't hire you.

the people don't have a champion for autopickers.

When Garry Kasparov took on deep blue there wasn't a single person in the crowd rooting for the computer to win. That is why I am, and will forever be, the people's champion. I am the public's darling. I am the reason the fans follow our sport. I am ready to defend my title with a new refined strategy this year- if I am given any time to prepare with a draft position it is lights out. There won't even need to be a season, you all can just paypal me the money directly and we can all save ourselves the time and effort. You all can't hang with Kenny Powers because he is famous.

alamo50
03-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Did you even qualify for the playoffs last season?

Thunder Dan
03-19-2010, 12:47 PM
so is the door still open for a possible 10 team league?

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2010, 01:08 PM
So far, I've only gotten 1 PM from a person interested in joining the league; I thought I'd wait to get 2 before sending out the info, so that we don't end up with an 11 team league for some reason (and so that I don't have to unilaterally throw someone out).

If we can find another owner by Sunday, we'll make it a 12 team league. If we can't, I'll make it a 10-team league and we'll adjust the rosters a bit to accommodate that change.

rascal
03-19-2010, 01:36 PM

9+3=12+3=15+4=19+6=25.

reducing the roster size is a great idea. You make excellant points. The guys who want large roster sizes are the guys who just want to hord players and sit on their rosters without making tough waiver claim decisions.

rascal
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
What is the entry cost and prize payouts and rules?

whottt
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Is timvp going to join or not?

It's going to be sad to think that disgrace of a season last year is going to be his curtain call :td

Maybe it was too much for him getting trounced by the entire league like that, for the entire season.

whottt
03-19-2010, 05:26 PM
What is the entry cost and prize payouts and rules?

The fee is usually $25
Not sure of how the payouts work but I got $50 or something like that last season for second place. I think first place got $125 and 3rd got $25.

Last year there were only 10 teams though. This year we are trying to get 12.

The rules are that it is a nightly format with the matchups lasting for a week.

Offensive categories are: OBP, runs, rbi, net steals, and hr.

Pitching categories are: w, net saves, era, whip, k.

Alamo is the defending champ.

Bring it on rascal :tu

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Rascal,

If you want to play, send me a PM and I'll get you the signup info.

-FWD

rascal
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
So every night you go head to head(based on roto stats or points? roto stats are a total 10 so there can be ties so it must be points) with your opponent whoever gets at least 4 wins for the week takes the week?

Not sure of the scoring.

whottt
03-19-2010, 11:37 PM
So every night you go head to head(based on roto stats or points? roto stats are a total 10 so there can be ties so it must be points) with your opponent whoever gets at least 4 wins for the week takes the week?

Not sure of the scoring.

It's a rotisserie. There can be ties but in the post season OBP and ERA are the tiebreakers.

slayermin
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
It's a rotisserie. There can be ties but in the post season OBP and ERA are the tiebreakers.

I think Yahoo changed the tiebreaker format.

rascal
03-20-2010, 10:48 AM
head to head matchups are always more exciting then a season long roto format. Every week its you against your opponent. There is more of a crapshoot format this way depending on what division you fall into, it doesn't always work out that the divisions are equally balanced in strenght.

For teams that fall behind in the roto format it can be a long boring season and hard to catch up after just a few weeks.

It also gives the teams who are not doing so well at the end of the season more of a chance to play spoiler by knocking off some other teams fighting for playoff spots. Since most people here know one another from the site and are not total strangers this adds more interest to knocking someone out then if your just plauying with a stranger you will never play against again.

Guys buried deep in the roto format have little to play for towards the end of the season.

Thunder Dan
03-20-2010, 11:30 AM
head to head matchups are always more exciting then a season long roto format. Every week its you against your opponent. There is more of a crapshoot format this way depending on what division you fall into, it doesn't always work out that the divisions are equally balanced in strenght.

For teams that fall behind in the roto format it can be a long boring season and hard to catch up after just a few weeks.

It also gives the teams who are not doing so well at the end of the season more of a chance to play spoiler by knocking off some other teams fighting for playoff spots. Since most people here know one another from the site and are not total strangers this adds more interest to knocking someone out then if your just plauying with a stranger you will never play against again.

Guys buried deep in the roto format have little to play for towards the end of the season.

just man up and fork over your $25. I could use a little extra money. You can just send it directly to my paypal and we can forget the whole 5 month season BS

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
do we have a 12th?

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Still waiting on Rascal to join.

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Still waiting on Rascal to join.

did he say he was going to?

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2010, 11:08 AM
did he say he was going to?

Yes.

rascal
03-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Where do I join? Where are the rules? Do I need to sign up anywhere? Where is the draft room? I play at cbs sportsline in head to head leagues.

So this is Roto for the full season? Just accumulate stats and the top team is the winner?

Someone mentioned playoffs. How does that work?

is there a draft room or is the draft here on this site?

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Where do you join? Where are the rules? Do I need to sign up anywhere? Where is the draft room? I play at cbs sportsline in head to head leagues.

So this is Roto for the full season? Just accumulate stats and the top team is the winner?

Someone mentioned playoffs. How does that work?

no it's head to head. every week your stats start over and you play an opponent on your schedule. So the best records make the playoffs then you play the matchups until the winner is crowed (which will probably be me). You set lineups daily so if you have a guy who is benched that night, you can replace him. The object is to win more categories than your opponent that week, then you add up all your wins to get the division standings. So if you won OBS, RBI, HR, SB, ERA, AND Wins...you won 6 and lost 4. So you would get 6 wins and 4 losses.

Drafting is much easier than CBS leagues. It's more refined in Yahoo.

rascal
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
no it's head to head. every week your stats start over and you play an opponent on your schedule. So the best records make the playoffs then you play the matchups until the winner is crowed (which will probably be me). You set lineups daily so if you have a guy who is benched that night, you can replace him. The object is to win more categories than your opponent that week, then you add up all your wins to get the division standings. So if you won OBS, RBI, HR, SB, ERA, AND Wins...you won 6 and lost 4. So you would get 6 wins and 4 losses.

Drafting is much easier than CBS leagues. It's more refined in Yahoo.

Sounds good I am in. I like the format. Where is the draft room and who do I pay to get in?

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Sounds good I am in. I like the format. Where is the draft room and who do I pay to get in?

the draft room is in yahoo. sign up and show up on Saturday a couple minutes before and you should see the draft application that you just click on. You can try the mock drafts Yahoo runs to practice and see how it works. It's really simple especially if you are coming from CBS

FromwayDowntown collects the payments. I'm sure something will be posted about how to make them

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 02:42 PM
the artist formally known as You Hang, It, I Bang It, now known as Kenny Powers is about to dominate this league once again!

wjvZOh4OzBs

POWERS IS COMING BACK F*CKING SOON

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM

It's on Yahoo.

go here: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

click on "join a league"

use the information I sent you on Saturday to signup; you'll need the league ID and the password (dejuansacls).

If you don't already have a Yahoo account, you'll need to create one (it's free).

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2010, 04:35 PM
rascal, are you "Spitball?"

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Okay. Here's the draft order and here's how I got there. I used a random number generator to put together the draft order.

Here is your sequence:

Timestamp: 2010-03-22 21:50:39 UTC

http://www.random.org/sequences/?min=1&max=12&col=1&format=html&rnd=new

I then assigned random numbers between 1 and 12 to each of the teams in the league. To do that, I wrote the name of each team on evenly-sized pieces of paper, wadded them up and put them into a cup. I then wrote each of the numbers between 1 and 12 on evenly sized pieces of paper, wadded them up, and put them into a second cup. I then drew the names of the teams and came up with this order:

Kenny Fckin’ Powers
Texas Hexes
Atrain’s Army
alamo’s terror squad
Dykstra Investments
Screwballs IV
The Legends
Reds 4 Eva
Bashers
Happy Harry Harden
Spitball
Holliday’s Mitts

Then I drew the numbers and assigned them to the teams in the order shown above, coming up with this list of number assignments:

12-- Kenny Fckin’ Powers
8 -- Texas Hexes
10 -- Atrain’s Army
2 -- alamo’s terror squad
1 -- Dykstra Investments
3 -- Screwballs IV
5 -- The Legends
6 -- Reds 4 Eva
9 -- Bashers
11 -- Happy Harry Harden
4 -- Spitball
7 -- Holliday’s Mitts

Using the random list I generated previously and using the assigned numbers from above to slot teams, this is the draft order:

5 -- The Legends
4 -- Spitball
10 -- Atrain’s Army
9 -- Bashers
1 -- Dykstra Investments
11 -- Happy Harry Harden
2 -- alamo’s terror squad
7 -- Holliday’s Mitts
12 -- Kenny Fckin’ Powers
8 -- Texas Hexes
3 -- Screwballs IV
6 -- Reds 4 Eva

So there you have it.

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
cool. thanks. got the position I wanted. You are all doomed

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
cool. thanks. got the position I wanted. You are all doomed

Somehow, I suspect that you'd say that if you had the 13th pick in a 12 team league . . . .

RedsLakers24
03-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Wait what if i cant make it to the draft?, i have to work, if it was saturday morning i would be able to make it but not the night, thats the time i work

RedsLakers24
03-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Wait what if i cant make it to the draft?, i have to work, if it was saturday morning i would be able to make it but not the night, thats the time i work

shit nevermind, i just saw its am not pm

Thunder Dan
03-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Somehow, I suspect that you'd say that if you had the 13th pick in a 12 team league . . . .

there is one thing I've learned and it's that some people are just wired for success. I have no choice when it comes to being great, I just am great. Not trying to sound cocky or full of myself but I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what comes my way, I will always be great cuz that's just the way shit works

Thunder Dan
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Good thing I got Whott for the first week so I can give my team a chance to gel and still get a win. I own Whott. 3-0 last year. Couldn't have asked for an easier week to start the season off. It's like the baseball gods are making this too easy for me to win this year.

Maybe I should draft Brett Tomko so he can beat Whott's ass again

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
there is one thing I've learned and it's that some people are just wired for success. I have no choice when it comes to being great, I just am great. Not trying to sound cocky or full of myself but I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what comes my way, I will always be great cuz that's just the way shit works

Lets see if you can actually make playoffs this year. Just FYI I made playoffs my rookie and sophomore year. 4th my first year 3rd (last year)the next. So now im due for 2nd or first, but im sure it will be first. Id like to thank you in advance dan for some easy wins on my way to the title.

Thunder Dan
03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Lets see if you can actually make playoffs this year. Just FYI I made playoffs my rookie and sophomore year. 4th my first year 3rd (last year)the next. So now im due for 2nd or first, but im sure it will be first. Id like to thank you in advance dan for some easy wins on my way to the title.

are you going to have the computer pick your team again this year?

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
are you going to have the computer pick your team again this year?

half of my team with my own pre rankings......no ill be there to show you that I am by far the superior manager.

Thunder Dan
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
half of my team with my own pre rankings......no ill be there to show you that I am by far the superior manager.

I dont think there is any doubt that I'm the best manager....that is undeniable.

The only debate is my general managing skills....which I have vastly improved on with my new strategy. I say that because my team wasn't good after the draft last year (bad GM skills) but because of my ability to forecast and gameplan, I was able to finish with a good record...that's all on the manager.

So this year, I will have the best of both worlds, and will run away with the title.

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
I dont think there is any doubt that I'm the best manager....that is undeniable.

The only debate is my general managing skills....which I have vastly improved on with my new strategy. I say that because my team wasn't good after the draft last year (bad GM skills) but because of my ability to forecast and gameplan, I was able to finish with a good record...that's all on the manager.

So this year, I will have the best of both worlds, and will run away with the title.

Only thanks to my trade to you which helped me bet better as well. So since I made playoffs that makes me a better overall GM.

Thunder Dan
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Only thanks to my trade to you which helped me bet better as well. So since I made playoffs that makes me a better overall GM.

I was trying a different strategy last year. This year you are all fucked.

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I was trying a different strategy last year. This year you are all fucked.

LOL then ill have to hear about this when you finish in the bottom 3

Thunder Dan
03-25-2010, 11:40 AM
giving me the 9th pick in a 12 team draft was the worst thing to happen to this league from a competition standpoint. That is the spot you want in a 12 team draft. It's the spot of Champions. 64% of the people who land the 9th pick in a 12 team draft end up winning the league- pair that with my abilities and strategy, we are looking at as close to a sure thing as you can get

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
giving me the 9th pick in a 12 team draft was the worst thing to happen to this league from a competition standpoint. That is the spot you want in a 12 team draft. It's the spot of Champions. 64% of the people who land the 9th pick in a 12 team draft end up winning the league- pair that with my abilities and strategy, we are looking at as close to a sure thing as you can get

:lmao

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey commish can we get team name with poster name next to it for the new players.

yavozerb
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
So i (legends) got the #1 pick? Good start..

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM

So i (legends) got the #1 pick? Good start..

You are gonna need it when you face me week 1!!

yavozerb
03-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I havn't drafted a non dynasty team in a couple of years, so I am looking forward to this draft..No offense, but I dont focus on any regular season weeks, I focus on the playoffs before the season even begins..

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I havn't drafted a non dynasty team in a couple of years, so I am looking forward to this draft..No offense, but I dont focus on any regular season weeks, I focus on the playoffs before the season even begins..

:lmao I hope you remember this regular season week 1 loss when you miss the playoffs by 1 game.

yavozerb
03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
:lmao I hope you remember this regular season week 1 loss when you miss the playoffs by 1 game.

Losing/winning in week 1 will not make or break my season..I play for championships not weekly titles. Good luck going undefeated though..:toast

ATRAIN
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Losing/winning in week 1 will not make or break my season..I play for championships not weekly titles. Good luck going undefeated though..:toast

LOL thank you, but I wont need luck.

RedsLakers24
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
im new to this, but when do we need to pay?

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Let me figure out the payment mechanics tonight and I'll post instructions on making payment either tonight or tomorrow.

Thunder Dan
03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
im new to this, but when do we need to pay?

you can just send your money to me and we can cut out the middleman. It will be going to me anyways. I win this league every year. I'm the top dog around here. Welcome newbie. Don't come bitching in May when you realized the bear trap you stepped into

yavozerb
03-26-2010, 10:46 AM
24 hrs and counting, who to choose??:toast

RedsLakers24
03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
24 hrs and counting, who to choose??:toast

Does it matter? im going to win anyways so dont stress over this, :toast

alamo50
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Love the fresh enthusiasm in here already.
Always nice to be in competition with other passionate peeps.

Let's play ball!

:king

FromWayDowntown
03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Picking 5th, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my overall #1 choice, unless someone else is planning on taking Kei Igawa in Round 1.

RedsLakers24
03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
ohh shit i cant wait

Thunder Dan
03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
this won't even be close this year. I'm considering resting my team for the first 2 weeks in order to give them some extra rest and time to gel, and to make this league a little more fair

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Actually, I've changed my mind. I'm taking Mark "The Hammer" Teahen in round 1 and Gordon "The Screwdriver" Beckham in Round 2.

RedsLakers24
03-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Im Only Drafting Reds Players so dont take them

RedsLakers24
03-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Joey Votto, Drew Stubbs, Brandon Phillips, Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, Homer Bailey, and Francisco Cordero

Thunder Dan
03-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Actually, I've changed my mind. I'm taking Mark "The Hammer" Teahen in round 1 and Gordon "The Screwdriver" Beckham in Round 2.

that would be smart if this was a dynasty league

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2010, 10:30 AM
I can't imagine any scenario in which Mark Teahen would be a good or smart first round pick.

Thunder Dan
03-27-2010, 10:32 AM
I can't imagine any scenario in which Mark Teahen would be a good or smart first round pick.

thats what fantasy players said back when Babe Ruth was a rookie- took a maverick like me to see his potential

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Good draft, everyone. That went refreshingly quickly.

I'll reiterate here what I said in the draft chat -- I'd like to encourage everyone to think about using the message board on the league site more this year, in part because one of the league's owners is not a member of ST and in part because it keeps everything in one place. But that's up to all of you.

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2010, 01:25 PM
By the way, I have closers out the ears (Bailey, Valverde, Lidge, Rauch, and Dotel, plus Neftali Feliz) and could stand to take a look at some mid-to-low level SPs for trade purposes.

RedsLakers24
03-27-2010, 01:42 PM
i got great pitching staff, Jair Jurrjens, Roy Holladay, AJ Burnett, Joe Saunders, Homer Bailey, Kenshin Kawakami, Randy Wolf, and Nick Blackburn, great trade assets

FromWayDowntown
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
I have also changed the waiver order to make it the reverse of the draft order -- i.e., Reds4Mrs.Parker has the highest waiver priority and The Legends have the lowest.

There's a note on the league website about it.

yavozerb
03-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Should be a fun season, alot of good teams..

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I've heard of punting 1 or 2 categories like A-Train is doing with Steals and Saves.....but Whott is taking punting to a whole new level. He is punting Homers, OBP (which is easily the worst in the league) and RBI's. He does have steals locked down though

FromWayDowntown
03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
One day later, I hate my team.

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 03:43 PM
One day later, I hate my team.
could be worse. Whott's team OBP is under .340

your team doesn't look so bad. I entered everyones lineups into this program I have that uses ESPN projections and your lineup is above league average in everything except RBI's. Atrain is way ahead in homers and RBIs. Whott and EricB are way ahead in steals. Legends is 10 points above average on OBS (.370, avg. .360) I'll post what I have later. I used who the everyday 9 players would be on each team so it wouldn't throw off the stats due to some teams having 3 bench guys and some having 5. I don't have a program to do pitching so screw it.

whottt
03-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I've heard of punting 1 or 2 categories like A-Train is doing with Steals and Saves.....but Whott is taking punting to a whole new level. He is punting Homers, OBP (which is easily the worst in the league) and RBI's. He does have steals locked down though

This reminds me Dan, I've been meaning to ask you....what does it feel like to miss the playoffs in fantasy baseball?

Also: What does it feel like to accuse someone of being non-payer and get owned on that? Must not feel too bad since you turn around and ask them about joining the league they commish.

Thanks for you response, in advance :toast

whottt
03-28-2010, 06:00 PM
BTW Dan I want to congratulate you on your first fantasy playoff in d-league1...pretty smart of you to get FWDT to build the team for you.

Did you tell him you traded Kobe for squat to see what he thought of that?

Live long and prosper grasshopper.

FromWayDowntown
03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
could be worse. Whott's team OBP is under .340

your team doesn't look so bad. I entered everyones lineups into this program I have that uses ESPN projections and your lineup is above league average in everything except RBI's. Atrain is way ahead in homers and RBIs. Whott and EricB are way ahead in steals. Legends is 10 points above average on OBS (.370, avg. .360) I'll post what I have later. I used who the everyday 9 players would be on each team so it wouldn't throw off the stats due to some teams having 3 bench guys and some having 5. I don't have a program to do pitching so screw it.

We'll see. If there's anything that I'm confident in, it's that my team will fare well in power categories -- I've got 3 guys who hit 30 HR or more last year and that's with ARod barely getting to 30 in an injury/stigma season and with Carlos Lee getting hurt in early August. Of course, it's with Werth having a crazy season, too.

I take the ESPN projections with a grain of salt. I did the same sort of prognostication as that software last year, using ESPN projections, and my recollection is that the projections weren't particularly close.

I still hate my team, but I'm relieved that the guru of fantasy baseball thinks I'm not so bad off.

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
BTW Dan I want to congratulate you on your first fantasy playoff in d-league1...pretty smart of you to get FWDT to build the team for you.

Did you tell him you traded Kobe for squat to see what he thought of that?

Live long and prosper grasshopper.

I traded Kobe for Bosh and Shaq. I got younger, and I got Shaq for the playoffs, but he got hurt.

Don't be mad because your team sucks, no reason to get upset. But I have to say, I almost died laughing when you took Kinsler with your first pick. Atleast you can rest easy knowing you will beat me in steals 3 times this year..

This reminds me Dan, I've been meaning to ask you....what does it feel like to miss the playoffs in fantasy baseball?

Also: What does it feel like to accuse someone of being non-payer and get owned on that? Must not feel too bad since you turn around and ask them about joining the league they commish.

Thanks for you response, in advance :toast

I joined his league and I got an even more badass team than I got in this league. Too bad you aren't in it- need some easy wins

whottt
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I traded Kobe for Bosh and Shaq. I got younger, and I got Shaq for the playoffs, but he got hurt.

Don't be mad because your team sucks, no reason to get upset. But I have to say, I almost died laughing when you took Kinsler with your first pick. Atleast you can rest easy knowing you will beat me in steals 3 times this year..

See what's funny is when I look at my team I am pretty impressed with the way it pans out. It actually might be the best team I have ever drafted.

Why don't you take a look at how it shows up in both career rank and rank from last year.

I joined his league and I got an even more badass team than I got in this league. Too bad you aren't in it- need some easy wins

What you need to do is make the playoffs with a team FWDT didn't build for you.

whottt
03-28-2010, 08:19 PM

Noooooooooooooooo! Shaq got hurt?

Who would have expected Shaq to get hurt? He's only 58...and has had some kind of injury every year but like, 2 of his career.

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I could give a shit about fantasy basketball. I don't talk shit in that league because it's not my team though I did add Hickson, Bosh and Shaq to get into the playoffs

I talk shit in here because I can. I have the best team in the league and only injuries can keep me out of the playoffs....and even then I could still probably make it.

whottt
03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I talk shit in here because I can.

Based on what? :lmao

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Noooooooooooooooo! Shaq got hurt?

Who would have expected Shaq to get hurt? He's only 58...and has had some kind of injury every year but like, 2 of his career.

Even so, I got younger and healthier. I think Bosh finished with better numbers than Kobe anyway since I made that trade. I think I'm starting to understand why you think the team you drafted Saturday is good..

you should let the computer draft for you next time

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Based on what? :lmao

I'm the best manager in the league. I threw away last year just to set you guys up for this year. I had to get a feel of the league before I took it over. Now is my time. Look at my lineup. The only thing you have me in is steals...so you can atleast go 1-9 3x this year

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
ok plus, Kobe rapes women and there is no room for that on any of my teams. So I got a)younger, b)healthier, c)more character ....that is what great GM's like myself do. Bad GM's like Whott draft Ian Kinsler in the first round

Thunder Dan
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I'll side bet you Whott that my team finishes with a better regular season record. Loser has to pay the other's entry fee next year

whottt
03-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Even so, I got younger and healthier. I think Bosh finished with better numbers than Kobe anyway since I made that trade. I think I'm starting to understand why you think the team you drafted Saturday is good..

you should let the computer draft for you next time

Yeap, getting Bosh who seems to miss a minimum of 10 games per season def made you healthier :tu

whottt
03-28-2010, 08:59 PM
ok plus, Kobe rapes women and there is no room for that on any of my teams. So I got a)younger, b)healthier, c)more character ....that is what great GM's like myself do. Bad GM's like Whott draft Ian Kinsler in the first round

Um yeah Eintsien, my 1st and 2nd round picks were exactly 2 picks apart. If I hadn't drafted him with those picks he wouldn't have been around for the 3rd round.

whottt
03-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I'll side bet you Whott that my team finishes with a better regular season record. Loser has to pay the other's entry fee next year

Hmmm...I might take you up on that but I'm not ready to yet, and you ought to finish with a better record than me since you had a better draft position than me.

RedsLakers24
03-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Well i think i got the best team, im going to win it, just watch

EricB
03-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I apologize for not being at the draft. Had some family issues come up and had to take someone to the hospital.

Hope no one holds it against me.

alamo50
03-29-2010, 02:51 AM
I hope everything is ok now with your family Eric.
Did you pre-rank your players for the draft?

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Well i think i got the best team, im going to win it, just watch

Yeah mean after mine right? I did steal like 6 of your picks during the draft.:lol

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 08:08 AM
I remember last year someone posted a post draft rankings of the team. Can we get someone to do that and try not to be biased?

alamo50
03-29-2010, 08:17 AM
We have to wait til Dan wakes up.....regarding everything.

;)

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 08:18 AM
We have to wait til Dan wakes up.....regarding everything.

;)

Well dan has his little program, lets see what it says. Dan show us a Offensive ranking.

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Hmmm...I might take you up on that but I'm not ready to yet, and you ought to finish with a better record than me since you had a better draft position than me.

you have to be kidding. Later picks in a snake draft are better than earlier picks. Your first 4 picks could have been: Mark Teixeira, David Wright, Pedroia and Ichiro or someone else who could give you the same number Carl Crawford will.

Instead you wasted your picks with Ian Kinsler who will miss 30 games like he does every year and kill your OBP, backed that up with Carl Crawford who is only good for one category which you could have gotten at any point in the draft...which you did with Morgan and Davis. You basically threw away your 2nd round pick on a base stealer. You backed that pick up with Zobrist who is good, but only had one good year and can fall victim to the sophomore slump.....and you backed that up with Mark Reynolds who just like Kinsler will kill your OBP.

You will be out of this by June unless you can work some trades or the waiver wire.

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Well dan has his little program, lets see what it says. Dan show us a Offensive ranking.

im at work. I don't have it on me, but you are way ahead in HR's and RBI's. A little above average in OBP. Way down in Steals and Runs.

Alamo, I thought your team sucked when I put it into the thing because your infield has a ton of holes. But surprisingly your outfield balanced out your lineup and you are around league average for all categories.

I'll post the breakdown later.

Whott looks to have the worst team though which is surprising since he did so well last year. Seems like an odd strategy to punt 3 categories (obs, HR, RBI) to win 1(steals), but we can wait and see. Maybe he knows something we dont

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2010, 08:36 AM
I remember last year someone posted a post draft rankings of the team. Can we get someone to do that and try not to be biased?

I did it last year. The projections weren't particularly close:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3250505&postcount=40

It had ATrain winning, alamo finishing 3rd, Bashers finishing 6th, and whottt finishing 9th. I'm pretty sure that those were the 4 teams that made the playoffs.

It also had my team (AFraud's Roiders -- ah, irony!) finishing 2nd.

Like I say, not close.

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 08:47 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3250505&postcount=40

It had ATrain winning, alamo finishing 3rd, Bashers finishing 6th, and whottt finishing 9th. I'm pretty sure that those were the 4 teams that made the playoffs.

It also had my team (AFraud's Roiders -- ah, irony!) finishing 2nd.

Like I say, not close.

Well not bad, had I beat Alamo thats what would have happened, me winning and Alamo taking 3rd if I remember the finals matchups. You predecited 2 out of the 4 playoff teams, thats good for me. If you have time to do it again, it would be awesome :).

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2010, 08:57 AM
ESPN's fantasy page has a Draft Analyzer tool. If someone has the time to mess with it, go for it.

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 09:01 AM
ESPN's fantasy page has a Draft Analyzer tool. If someone has the time to mess with it, go for it.

I'll do it if you send me a link, I can't find it

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2010, 09:39 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/draftanalyzer

You have to have an ESPN insider account. If anyone is going to do it, be sure to adjust the scoring settings to match the settings we'll use this season.

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/draftanalyzer

You have to have an ESPN insider account. If anyone is going to do it, be sure to adjust the scoring settings to match the settings we'll use this season.

alright, give me some time, I'll do it at lunch

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I entered our settings and draft and as expected, I am predicted to come out on top. I wasn't able to add- Chapman, Strasburgh or Joe Nathan...so those were skipped. Also, I wasn't able to do 'net saves' so I just used Saves.

Here is the overall standings ESPN gave

Kenny Powers- 78
Bashers- 76.5
Happy Harry 73.5
Dykstra 71.5
Holliday's- 71.5
Texas Hexes- 66.5
Legends 66
A-Train- 64.5
Alamo- 57
Screwballs- 57
Reds- 55
Spitball- 43

Here are the leaders for each category

Overall hitting: Texas Hexes
OBP: Legends
HR: A-Train
RBI: A-Train
R: Texas Hexes
SB: Holliday's Mitts

* Keep in mind that this is overall roster. So it might not be accurate as some teams took more hitters than Pitchers, thus accumulating stats on the bench

Overall Pitching: Bashers
ERA: Happy Harry
Whip: Bashers
K: Bashers
W: Legends
SV: Alamo

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
8th huh, hahah yeah thats not gonna happen.

RedsLakers24
03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
11, huh? thats not gonna happen

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
11, huh? thats not gonna happen

yeah cause its gonna be 12th lmao

RedsLakers24
03-29-2010, 12:12 PM
yeah cause its gonna be 12th lmao

Im going to win just watch, watch for Adam Jones, and Nick Markakis to have break out years, also Aramis Ramirez(contract year)

whottt
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM

whottt finishing 9th.

:tu

whottt
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
you have to be kidding. Later picks in a snake draft are better than earlier picks. Your first 4 picks could have been: Mark Teixeira

I don't like Mark Teixiera. I had David Wright and Ichirico last year. David Wright being the worst first round pick I have ever had in this league.

David Wright, Pedroia and Ichiro or someone else who could give you the same number Carl Crawford will.

It just so happens Carl Crawford kicked the shit out of my team last year in the championship game. That is not going to happen again this year.

And BTW, I lead the league in OBP last year and got smoked in that category in the championship as well.

Instead you wasted your picks with Ian Kinsler who will miss 30 games like he does every year and kill your OBP

Ian Kinsler didn't miss 30 games last year. And there's more than one category.

backed that up with Carl Crawford who is only good for one category which you could have gotten at any point in the draft...which you did with Morgan and Davis. You basically threw away your 2nd round pick on a base stealer. You backed that pick up with Zobrist who is good, but only had one good year and can fall victim to the sophomore slump

True, Ben Zobrist is the only major league player that mgiht fall victim to the sophomore slump. Every other player in the league doesn't have a shitty season.

.....and you backed that up with Mark Reynolds who just like Kinsler will kill your OBP.

We'll see about that...generally guys that bomb 44 HR in a season get a walked a little more than they did the previous year.

You will be out of this by June unless you can work some trades or the waiver wire.

It's hilarious that you think someone can be out of it by June. Says alot about you.

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I think its funny how Whott and TDan carried the fued over from last year. I dont think I really had a rival last year. Timvp and Mel were my year 1 rivals but Mel wasnt much of a rival last year. Alamo was a respected rival but we rooted for each other. I think since I stole what he wanted in the draft ill pick Reds to be one of my Rivals.

Melmart1
03-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Not much of a rival? Fuck you, I was in the playoff hunt till the very last day after being all but dead the week before. But go ahead and underestimate me, like almost everyone does. You will be sorry.

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Not much of a rival? Fuck you, I was in the playoff hunt till the very last day after being all but dead the week before. But go ahead and underestimate me, like almost everyone does. You will be sorry.

NOW THERE IS the rival that wasnt around last year!!! You were teased till the end, I was hoping you would make it but as I recall you needed to beat me to get in and I prevented that. Looking foward to our matchup this year!! :toast

Melmart1
03-29-2010, 01:20 PM
No, I did beat you. Just not by quite enough. Revisionist history at it's finest. Like Dan talking about playoff matchups that never happened. Idiots!

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
No, I did beat you. Just not by quite enough. Revisionist history at it's finest. Like Dan talking about playoff matchups that never happened. Idiots!

haha thats right you were shutting me out and I said you made it and knocked me out. I remember now, good effort but I like to think I kept you out of playoffs.

Melmart1
03-29-2010, 02:06 PM
haha thats right you were shutting me out and I said you made it and knocked me out. I remember now, good effort but I like to think I kept you out of playoffs.

You keep thinking that, if it makes you feel better. Nobody kept me out of the playoffs but me. But if it makes you feel like a man for the very first time, go ahead and tell the revisionist tale of how you kept the only girl in your fantasy baseball league out of the playoffs. I'm sure it will win you big points with your ice-chewing friends at work.

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 02:09 PM
You keep thinking that, if it makes you feel better. Nobody kept me out of the playoffs but me. But if it makes you feel like a man for the very first time, go ahead and tell the revisionist tale of how you kept the only girl in your fantasy baseball league out of the playoffs. I'm sure it will win you big points with your ice-chewing friends at work.

Being a girl has nothing to do with it. You are the ex champ and a very knowledgable baseball fan. Prob the only girl that i know that knows more about the sport than I do and that says a lot. So me keeping you out of playoffs in my 2nd year in the league was big :).

Melmart1
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Being a girl has nothing to do with it. You are the ex champ and a very knowledgable baseball fan. Prob the only girl that i know that knows more about the sport than I do and that says a lot. So me keeping you out of playoffs in my 2nd year in the league was big :).

Like I said ... if you need to tell yourself that YOU kept me out of the playoffs, then go ahead. Just sad that you have to resort to such tactics to make yourself feel whole.

ATRAIN
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Like I said ... if you need to tell yourself that YOU kept me out of the playoffs, then go ahead. Just sad that you have to resort to such tactics to make yourself feel whole.

lol I know the cards were stacked against you and you won that matchup but im just giving you shit to spark up our rivalry once again :).

whottt
03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
I think its funny how Whott and TDan carried the fued over from last year.

No feud to it...it's impossible for there to be a feud when one of the parties has never made the playoffs and whose chief accomplishment in this league is putting his foot in his mouth more than anyone else. Not a feud...more like a clowning. Putting on a show with the mascot for the crowd...

That sort of thing.

alamo50
03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
More detail in those stats please.
Complete rankings.
Like last year with a little story.

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2010, 05:21 PM
More detail in those stats please.
Complete rankings.
Like last year with a little story.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to do something like that?

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
This is video footage from Saturday after Whott drafted Ian Kinsler in the first round

http://i37.tinypic.com/zwdb9c.jpg

RedsLakers24
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
This is video footage from Saturday after Whott drafted Ian Kinsler in the first round

http://i37.tinypic.com/zwdb9c.jpg

Who Drafted Ian Kinsler in the first round?

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Who Drafted Ian Kinsler in the first round?

Nope. Whottt did.

(seemed like a reasonable time to paraphrase Abbott and Costello . . . . )

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
lol, I didn't even see his Lance Berkman pick in the 6th round!! that's great. Too bad I don't have any live video footage of the peanut gallery after that pick. And he threw away 3 good picks in the 5-10th round on closers! That is the best. He rips on me for shit and he drafted Huston Street and Lance Berkman back to back before we even got to round 10 :rollin:rollin:rollin

rascal
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM

She better be attractive with that ass kissing your doing.:lol

Thunder Dan
03-29-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't like Mark Teixiera. I had David Wright and Ichirico last year. David Wright being the worst first round pick I have ever had in this league.

It just so happens Carl Crawford kicked the shit out of my team last year in the championship game. That is not going to happen again this year.

And BTW, I lead the league in OBP last year and got smoked in that category in the championship as well.

The difference between good GM's like me and bad GM's like you is that GM's like me can decipher when "last year" is "last year". We understand that after the World Series we start fresh. We also don't hold personal grudges against players we don't like, and have man crushes on players we do like (like you and Mark Reynolds (how you would drink his bathwater))

My grandpa lost the 1944 Fantasy Baseball crown when Johnny 'Red Legs' Lang stole 4 bases on the final day... he didn't draft him this weekend because Red Legs beat him. He drafted the best team he could and he didn't reach for closers before the 7th round.

I just hope you don't quit by July and leave whatever good players you have to rot on your roster

I think its funny how Whott and TDan carried the fued over from last year. I dont think I really had a rival last year. Timvp and Mel were my year 1 rivals but Mel wasnt much of a rival last year. Alamo was a respected rival but we rooted for each other. I think since I stole what he wanted in the draft ill pick Reds to be one of my Rivals.

I didn't have a rival either. I was expecting maybe me and Whott to be rivals this year but after this Saturday's draft I think I'll go another year without a rival. Rivalries begin when both teams win a game....but since I went 3-0 vs Whott last year and will easily go 3-0 this year I guess I will have to look elsewhere

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
She better be attractive with that ass kissing your doing.:lol

just being honest and giving credit when its due.

alamo50
03-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Do you have any idea how long it takes to do something like that?

Yeah, it might shut Dan up for a while.

Thunder Dan
03-30-2010, 09:09 AM
I just picked Paul Konerko from the waiver dump. Let's compare his projected stats for 2010, and his 2009 season to that of Whott's 6th round pick....

Berkman .399 25 80 73 7
Konerko .353 28 88 75 1

Projections

Berkman .398 22 78 75 6
Konerko .352 28 81 71 1

is this a big difference that warrants one being a 6th round pick and the other not being drafted at all?

FromWayDowntown
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Dan again shows his unparalleled brilliance.

Why this guy isn't the GM of a major league team already is beyond me.

ATRAIN
03-30-2010, 02:18 PM

RedsLakers24
03-30-2010, 03:29 PM

:rollin

Thunder Dan
03-30-2010, 06:30 PM

thats what I've been saying for the longest

Thunder Dan
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
looks like Whott is dodging my bet

whottt
03-31-2010, 01:02 AM
1. I don't see a whole lot of payoff to it. I mean you haven't even done anything yet but miss the playoffs and put your foot in your mouth and you still talk shit. Can you imagine if you won that bet? Even if I win it's not like you will shut up and stop gloating about not even making the playoffs. Where is the payoff off for me? I'll forget about the bet by next season even if I do win. And my fantasty basketball teams pretty much pay my league fee already.

2. I didn't draft my team to have the best regular season record, because it doesn't mean much, as last season proves. I've got a handful of key guys that might not get off the dl until late April or early May and that could hurt my teams over all record.

I just don't see the payoff. You think mindlessly talking shit/doing shit whether there is any credence or justification to it or not is some kind of virtue, and you think that even if you are 100% wrong, which you often are and I don't share that philosophy on life. I'm selective about my shittalking and braggadocio.

whottt
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
I just picked Paul Konerko from the waiver dump. Let's compare his projected stats for 2010, and his 2009 season to that of Whott's 6th round pick....

Berkman .399 25 80 73 7
Konerko .353 28 88 75 1

Projections

Berkman .398 22 78 75 6
Konerko .352 28 81 71 1

is this a big difference that warrants one being a 6th round pick and the other not being drafted at all?

You know....I laughed when I saw your stupid analysis of my teams OBP, but now I actually feel pity for you.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 08:39 AM
You know....I laughed when I saw your stupid analysis of my teams OBP, but now I actually feel pity for you.

that sounds like you don't have a comeback or an answer. Konerko could give you comparable numbers off the waiver dump and you could have drafted a guy like Adam Dunn, Adam Lind, or Nelson Cruz to boost your HR and RBI numbers which are projected to be the worst in our league.

Listen, if you have any more drafts coming up, PM me and I can help you out with a better strategy. You know that Yahoo lets you mock drafts so you can practice? This would be good for you so you know what to look for in each round. I know you consider yourself my rival, but I'd love to help you because I want this league to be competitive.

whottt
03-31-2010, 08:46 AM
your HR and RBI numbers which are projected to be the worst in our league.

Wanna bet league fees on that?

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Wanna bet league fees on that?

I'll bet that my team finishes with a better overall record than yours

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 08:52 AM
also, how can you knock the Steven Strasberg pick when you did the same with a guy with less stuff last year in Hanson. Strasberg will be up by June and his stuff is enough for 10 K's a week. I got him in the 15th round when people were drafting 5th starters with questions.

I mean you wasted 3 top 10 picks on closers. You could find guys like Ardsma and Baily off waivers and get the same numbers

annnnnnd you wasted a pick on Brian Fuentes when we are dealing with net saves. Didn't he finish towards the top in blown saves last year?

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:07 AM
also, how can you knock the Steven Strasberg pick when you did the same with a guy with less stuff last year in Hanson.

There's a difference between them.

Strasberg will be up by June and his stuff is enough for 10 K's a week. I got him in the 15th round when people were drafting 5th starters with questions.

They aren't going to pitch that kid enough to justify the status you think he has. He hasn't even pitched in a freaking a minor league game yet and you think they are going to throw him out there for 200 innings?

Blow the arm out on their #1 draft pick with a once in a lifetime arm the very season they have him?

Not a chance in hell. There is not a pitching coach or trainer in the world that will tell them they should do that.

That kid could go and pitch back to back no hitters in a row and they still aren't going to pitch him deep enough in games or give him enough starts to justify any sort of trade for him.

You seem to think this is Dynasty league or something...you didn't see me trying trade Tommy Hanson last year did you?

And since I went for closers instead of SP...I needed K's.

Not the same situation...not the same type of projects. And I knew Hanson was going to get innings and starts when he came up. Regular innings and starts.

I mean you wasted 3 top 10 picks on closers. You could find guys like Ardsma and Baily off waivers and get the same numbers

Oh I'll find guys like that off waivers...

And btw, don't put too much on those power stats...Atrain has like 15 1st basemen on his roster, I supsect that's skewing the power stats for the entire league.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Strasberg was lights out this spring. He stuck out 9 guys his last appearance.

Also, that is why my team is great. I have depth at each position, and a shortened bench, yet I'm still rated to be at the top of the league. I have exactly 1 backup at each position... my team is ready for battle. Your team sucks. This is like the USA going to war with the Ivory Coast. Me being the USA of course.

You will beat me in Saves and Steals and thats about it. My team owns. Your team sucks. You didn't draft a good team and thats why you won't bet me. You realize your blunders but you are too prideful to admit it

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:17 AM
And btw, don't put too much on those power stats...Atrain has like 15 1st basemen on his roster, I supsect that's skewing the power stats for the entire league.

He was the guy that showed up #1 on the HR and RBI rankings you did right? If he didn't then that program you used is fucked. I can tell you he is the landslide winner of those categories just by looking at his roster....

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Strasberg was lights out this spring. He stuck out 9 guys his last appearance.

I don't give a fuck if he struck out 36 batters in a game, they still aren't going to pitch him much because he's too young and he's not used to the workload and he will blow his arm out.

You been listening to too many fantasy blog asshats. It is obvious. Because those are the only dipshits stupid enough to convince themselves a kid with no minor league experience is going to just pop into the major and make 25 starts.

It won't even suprise me if they use him out of the bullpen for the first 2 months of the season...that is if even makes it out the minors.

They don't have a whole lot of incentive to do it unless their team is much better than anyone expects...because it's just going to start his arbitration clock ticking.

Also, that is why my team is great. I have depth at each position, and a shortened bench, yet I'm still rated to be at the top of the league. I have exactly 1 backup at each position... my team is ready for battle. Your team sucks. This is like the USA going to war with the Ivory Coast. Me being the USA of course.

:selfsuck

You will beat me in Saves and Steals and thats about it. My team owns. Your team sucks. You didn't draft a good team and thats why you won't bet me. You realize your blunders but you are too prideful to admit it

You are the asshat that can't tell the difference between Lance Berkman's worst season and a good one for Konerko.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Whott's Army

http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/184a78de-7a54-3d62-b291-7b60e9728e7e-news_fb_IvoryCoastCelebration.jpg

http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/images/Sling_Shot.jpg

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/vel19/uploaded_images/tropic-thunder_l-749416.jpg
http://images.travelpod.com/users/charaluta/charastravels.1166633700.imagen_497.jpg

http://www.10paperairplanes.com/images/901-free-paper-airplane-instructions.jpg

Dan's Army

http://propertyistheft.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/hm_armed_forces.jpg

http://www.damninteresting.net/content/abomb.jpg

http://schema-root.org/military/weapons/aircraft/fighters/f-16/f-16.jpg

http://mnfilmtv.org/mndialog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/rambo.jpg

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/marines-5.jpg

http://www.aviationexplorer.com/aircraft_carriers/cvn71_aircraft_carrier.jpg

http://fromtheleft.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/chuck_norris.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:23 AM
You are the asshat that can't tell the difference between Lance Berkman's worst season and a good one for Konerko.

yeah it's reasonable to think Lance Berkman is going to rebound! He is only 45

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't give a shit what you do with Strasburg I hope he sucks that slot away from you for the entire season, my point is that you are stupid if you think anyone is going to trade for him.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't give a shit what you do with Strasburg I hope he sucks that slot away from you for the entire season, my point is that you are stupid if you think anyone is going to trade for him.

I skipped that pick in the draft projections and I'm still picked to win. Even if I just waste a spot...still picked to beat you by 35 wins

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
since we are projecting rebound years for guys like Berkman, I should have drafted Mark McGuire!

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
yeah it's reasonable to think Lance Berkman is going to rebound! He is only 45

34. That's not old for a baseball player. Expecially since Berkman's averages were typical...his cumlative stats sucked because he missed games but when he was healthy he was probably the 5th best 1b in the league. Don't look at his HR and RBI totals in terms of 162 games.

I know what he did, because he was my 1b last season.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:29 AM
34. That's not old for a baseball player. Expecially since Berkman's averages were typical...his cumlative stats sucked because he missed games but when he was healthy he was probably the 5th best 1b in the league. Don't look at his HR and RBI totals in terms of 162 games.

I know what he did, because he was my 1b last season.

Prince Fielder was your first baseman, not that old bag of bones Berkman.

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:30 AM
I skipped that pick in the draft projections and I'm still picked to win. Even if I just waste a spot...still picked to beat you by 35 wins

Yeah and last year that same program picked me to finish 9 out of 10 teams and I finished with the best record in the league.

It's not my fault I am smarter than computers.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
it's just great you drafted him in the 6th round...as if you needed to reach to get him because if you waited until the 8th or 9th someone would have snatched him up. LMAO.

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Prince Fielder was your first baseman, not that old bag of bones Berkman.

Oh yeah Prince...or as I like to call him, don't expect shit from him until June.

Remember when I said I wasn't expecting to start out fast last year?

That was my A#1 reason.

You aren't good enough to handle a slow start. You think it's over in June. Probably because it usually is.

So now you've got a guy notorious for late starts, and a project that isn't going to pitch much even if he does get called up. You seem to think you are going to shoot out of the gate like lightning...that tells me right there you are not prepared for what you set yourself up for. I wasn't talking shit about fast starts last year, and my team was built to withstand a slow one....

Yours isn't, and neither are you.

Grasshopper.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah Prince...or as I like to call him, don't expect shit from him until June.

Remember when I said I wasn't expecting to start out fast last year?

That was my A#1 reason.

You aren't good enough to handle a slow start. You think it's over in June.

I'll be so many games up on you by June that it will be over. I have the lineup to deal with slow starts.

You have a shitty lineup. Kinsler and Berkman will start the season on the DL. I still can't believe you drafted Kinsler and Crawford. Your first 10 picks are what not to do. Pay for Speed, Saves and not protect OBP

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:38 AM
lmao, I didn't even see you drafted Alfanso Soriano....this is great. I keep finding gems in your lineup everyday.

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:39 AM
I'll be so many games up on you by June that it will be over. I have the lineup to deal with slow starts.

You'll still be waiting for Prince to hit his 5th HR in June.

You have a shitty lineup. Kinsler and Berkman will start the season on the DL.

I am prepared for that to happen and fully expect them to start the season on the DL. That is why I am not going to do something stupid like make a bet on a W-L record.

I still can't believe you drafted Kinsler and Crawford. Your first 10 picks are what not to do. Pay for Speed, Saves and not protect OBP

Which blog did'ya get that shitty advice from?

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:42 AM
You'll still be waiting for Prince to hit his 5th HR in June.

I am prepared for that to happen and fully expect them to start the season on the DL. That is why I am not going to do something stupid like make a bet on a W-L record.

Which blog did'ya get that shitty advice from?

you could have drafted Justin Upton and Juan Pierre late and have better numbers than you drafted with Crawford and Michael Bourn early.

You will win one category (steals) by like 10 every week, but lose all the others

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Eh...my team will be strong in runs, sb, obp, s, era and whip. Otherwise known as 6 of the 10 categories. I will let you guys beat the shit out of each other in HR RBI, W and K all season. Have at it :tu.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Eh...my team will be strong in runs, sb, obp, s, era and whip.

if you love your team so much why won't you bet me? I'll be you that my team finishes better overall than yours, including playoffs.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
I just wish this league was for more money. It's money in the bank for me. My offer to Whott goes towards anyone. I bet next year's entry fee that my team will finish better that yours. Anyone who wants that action just let me know. Whott seems to be all talk and can't back it up. He hates my team and loves his but won't but his money where his mouth is

whottt
03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
if you love your team so much why won't you bet me? I'll be you that my team finishes better overall than yours, including playoffs.

Because asshat I am going to start the season with some of my best players on the DL and it would be a stupid bet.

I predict your team will start slow and you will finish with a similar mediocre record to last year, since you obviously are trying to copy what I did last year and didn't have a clue of the detailed foresight involved. You might make the playoffs, because more teams make them this year. ....

But you will be emotionally unequipped to handle your slow start. Do not think I do not remember the period last year where you dropped out of the league...I remember it, because I was the guy that talked shit and provoked you into returning.....Truth.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Because asshat I am going to start the season with some of my best players on the DL and it would be a stupid bet.

I predict your team will start slow and you will finish with a similar mediocre record to last year, since you obviously are trying to copy what I did last year and didn't have a clue of the detailed foresight involved. You might make the playoffs, because more teams make them this year. ....

But you will be emotionally unequipped to handle your slow start. Do not think I do not remember the period last year where you dropped out of the league...I remember it, because I was the guy that talked shit and provoked you into returning.....Truth.

ok so you are saying that you drafted a team that will finish worse than me once the season is over.....and you are arguing why your team is better? wtf sense does that make. I'm saying that when it's all said and done, playoffs over, my team will finish higher

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
I'll bet that my team finishes with a better overall record than yours

Ill take that bet

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Ill take that bet

Witness.

We have ATrain manning up.

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Witness.

We have ATrain manning up.

YUP

and now you cant cry cause I was there round 1 till the end on draft day.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:19 AM
YUP

and now you cant cry cause I was there round 1 till the end on draft day.

you are a bigger man that Whott is. Whott talks the talk but won't man up. He thinks he drafted a good team but won't make the bet

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Ya, I wouldnt put much stock into a computer program..I definatly feel (like everybody else) that I have one of the top teams in the league. Dont see what the big deal is about who got drafted in what round cause we all are going to have players who were busts for the rd they were picked and steals for those who have break out seasons in later rounds. If we all had the same strategy and felt the same about certain players these leagues would be pretty boring..With that said, stay out of my way and nobody well get hurt as I collect another championship trophy..

whottt
03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
you are a bigger man that Whott is. Whott talks the talk but won't man up. He thinks he drafted a good team but won't make the bet

Yes, I'm terrified of losing $25 :tu

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes, I'm terrified of losing $25 :tu

apparently you are because you won't make the bet. Instead you wrote 3 paragraphs as to why you won't take it

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
whats the bet?

whottt
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
apparently you are because you won't make the bet. Instead you wrote 3 paragraphs as to why you won't take it

#1. You said better record originally. Then you changed it and accused me of not manning up when I didn't even see you changed it.

#2. I still don't see much of a payoff, if you lose you'll still talk shit, if you win you'll talk even more shit. So all I'll get if I win is a $25 whereas you get some sort of faux validation for your shit talking, and neither you, nor I, nor anyone really needs for that to happen.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
#1. You said better record originally. Then you changed it and accused me of not manning up when I didn't even see you changed it.

#2. I still don't see much of a payoff, if you lose you'll still talk shit, if you win you'll talk even more shit. So all I'll get if I win is a $25 whereas you get some sort of faux validation for your shit talking, and neither you, nor I, nor anyone really needs for that to happen.

$25 for whatever you want, better record or better finish. Your choice

whottt
03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
whats the bet?

He wants to bet $25 he will win the championship and you won't.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
whats the bet?

next year's entry fee to whoever wants to bet that my team finishes better than yours overall

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
He wants to bet $25 he will win the championship and you won't. and I'm scared too take it because I realize my team sucks and I can only win steals every week

whottt
03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
$25 for whatever you want, better record or better finish. Your choice

Yeah but that's not what you said originally...

whottt
03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Oooh $25.

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:34 AM
He wants to bet $25 he will win the championship and you won't.

Hell, everyone should take a bet on someone betting on themselves to win a championship in here..:lol, I could use an extra 25$

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah but that's not what you said originally...

your team sucks man, I'll take whatever action you want. Better record or better overall I don't care. Your team is a bunch of speedsters

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Hell, everyone should take a bet on someone betting on themselves to win a championship in here..:lol, I could use an extra 25$

take the action then.

My team will finish better than the Legends, if not I'll pay your fee next year

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Bet him on sb's..( Td said he didnt care)..

Thunder Dan
offer ends with the first pitch Sabathia throws on Sunday. So that will give you time to mull over your finances Whott. So far we only have ATrain

ATRAIN
Dan im curious

Rank the teams from best to worst :).

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:39 AM
This is too funny..This guy really thinks he is gonna win and probably go undefeated at that..:lmao

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:40 AM
This is too funny..This guy really thinks he is gonna win and probably go undefeated at that..:lmao

Yavo you were in the league last year right? How do you not remember this from last year too lol.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Dan im curious

Rank the teams from best to worst :).

1.Kenny Powers
2. Bashers
3. Happy Harry
4. Dyktra
5. Legends (could be top 3 but alot of question marks)
6. ATrain (good but punting 2 categories might hurt, and lack of depth at other positions)
7. Alamo- hate the infield, but OF is solid
8. EricB- solid but nothing specatcular, needs power, he and Atrain should get together on swapping speed and power
9. Texas Hexes
10. Reds4ever
11. Spitball
12. Whott- punting 7 categories isn't a solid strategy

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Yavo you were in the league last year right? How do you not remember this from last year too lol.

i admit that last year I was just busting balls, but this year I'm for real. There are no holes in my team. The only thing that can stop me is injuries. Look at my depth.

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:43 AM

No, I didnt do any re-draft leagues last season..I have only been in 2 baseball leagues with some of these guys, won 1 and missed the playoffs in the 2nd..hopefully I can climb back to the top

FromWayDowntown
03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Great.

Now I have the ThunderDan kiss of death on my team.

I'm shocked, however, that Dan's list doesn't read like this:

1.Kenny Powers

102. Bashers
103. Happy Harry
104. Dyktra
105. Legends (could be top 3 but alot of question marks)
106. ATrain (good but punting 2 categories might hurt, and lack of depth at other positions)
107. Alamo- hate the infield, but OF is solid
108. EricB- solid but nothing specatcular, needs power, he and Atrain should get together on swapping speed and power
349. Texas Hexes
510. Reds4ever
711. Spitball
181891817712399388312312. Whott- punting 7 categories isn't a solid strategy

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
ATrain, you have a solid team but you need to trade some of those 1st basemen away for some speed or other position players. I'm sure Whott could use a trade since he has a shitty 1st baseman

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
who won this league last season?

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Great.

Now I have the ThunderDan kiss of death on my team.

I admit when others have good teams. I said that I think your team is solid. You just need to get some power and you should be alright. With some good waiver moves you could be one of the teams that keeps me from the crown.

I'm like the Yankees, you are like the Phillies, ATrain is like the Rangers (all hitting) and Whott is like the Portland Sea Dogs

ATRAIN

Alamo

Thunder Dan

a computer

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:49 AM
I admit when others have good teams. I said that I think your team is solid. You just need to get some power and you should be alright. With some good waiver moves you could be one of the teams that keeps me from the crown.

I'm like the Yankees, you are like the Phillies, ATrain is like the Rangers (all hitting) and Whott is like the Portland Sea Dogs

Dude dont overlook my pitching. I have a lot of the same pitchers from last year and I wont pitching on most of my matchups.

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Alamo

a computer

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:50 AM
12. Whott- punting 7 categories isn't a solid strategy

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:51 AM
is Atrain makes some good trades with all his hitting with EricB and FWD, there could be 3 teams to keep me out of it. Even with his rival Mel who needs some bats. Hell, everyone is still in it I guess (expect for the Sea Dogs) but as the rosters stand now there is no way.

The only thing that could help whott is if Ken Griffey Jr. can get back to his 1994 form and Whott picks him up off waivers. This isn't absurd because he is banking on Lance Berkman to have a career year.

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 10:52 AM
is Atrain makes some good trades with all his hitting with EricB and FWD, there could be 3 teams to keep me out of it. Even with his rival Mel who needs some bats. Hell, everyone is still in it I guess (expect for the Sea Dogs) but as the rosters stand now there is no way.

The only thing that could help whott is if Ken Griffey Jr. can get back to his 1994 form and Whott picks him up off waivers. This isn't absurd because he is banking on Lance Berkman to have a career year.

My power hitting and Stud starting pitchers are going to help me dominate and make up for my lack of depth. Just watch.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Dude dont overlook my pitching. I have a lot of the same pitchers from last year and I wont pitching on most of my matchups.

you have good pitching and good hitting. I think you still have too many holes to win it all though. You need to make some trades and watch the waiver wire for closers.

Atleast you didn't draft 3 closers in the first 10 rounds. I like your Joe Nathan pick better than drafting 3 in the top 3 rounds.

the one pick of yours I hate is Dan Uggla. Took him way too early, but 2B is thin

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:54 AM
The season begins on sunday? Damn, I have not even looked at my team since the draft..All this talk has fired me up for a championship run..

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:54 AM
My power hitting and Stud starting pitchers are going to help me dominate and make up for my lack of depth. Just watch.

no but I'm saying that you will have too many stats sitting on the bench because you have like 4-5 firstbasemen and you can only play 2 at a time. While if you get a guy hurt somehwere else or a guy is slumping you will have to just leave it empty

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 10:57 AM
plus, you need to do something at 3rd. Inge and that .220 BA isn't great to have. He kinda sucks. Not a starting 3rd base option.

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
TD, who do I have in the OF (cant look from work)?

Melmart1
03-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Like FWD, I too am worried now that Dan ranked my team so high. Of course, part of me also thinks he just ranked randomly from 2nd-11th so he could put himself first and whottt last.

yavozerb
03-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Like FWD, I too am worried now that Dan ranked my team so high. Of course, part of me also thinks he just ranked randomly from 2nd-11th so he could put himself first and whottt last.

agreed...Not sure which is worse, computer rankings or dan rankings..

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
you have good pitching and good hitting. I think you still have too many holes to win it all though. You need to make some trades and watch the waiver wire for closers.

Atleast you didn't draft 3 closers in the first 10 rounds. I like your Joe Nathan pick better than drafting 3 in the top 3 rounds.

the one pick of yours I hate is Dan Uggla. Took him way too early, but 2B is thin

Oh dont worry about that, part of my fantasy sport success is making good pickups. I have done that the last 2 years in this league and its gotten me to playoffs.

Yeah I didnt want Ugla that roung but got him cause the guy I was gunning for (Aaron Hill) was picked that round and like you said 2nd base is thin.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
but see this is why I say I have a great team and ATrain has a good team. Your team has questions, my team doesn't.

C. Montero---- still something to prove, but catcher isn't a huge fantasy category. if he sucks, I will be able to find a warm body off waiver to suffice

1st- Fielder-- Top 3 first baseman

2nd- Cano-- Top 3 2nd baseman, good for avg, HR and RBI now he is hitting 5th

SS- Jeter-- nothing flashy, but a top 3 SS and a solid player you know what you are getting

3rd- Longoria- Top 3 in a thin position

OF- Upton- great for speed and runs, could rebound for power

OF- Victorino- nothing flashy, good speed, AVG and Runs

OF- Jay Bruce- this could be boom or bust. Boom he hits 30 HR's, Bust he kills my avg and hits 15

UTL- Beckham- great UTL guy who will steal 15 bases, hit 20 homers and can play at 3rd or 2nd when I need him to

BN: Blanks- great upside, highest homer/AB rate in the NL last year
BN: Reimold- like Bruce, could be boom or bust, between the 2 one of them will boom
BN: Escobar- good backup, could steal 40 bases this year
BN: Konerko- solid and you know you are getting 25 homers, 80 RBIs and a Solid OBP

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:06 AM
TD, who do I have in the OF (cant look from work)?

Hamilton, Ramirez and McClouth

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM

no I like your team, but you need to cut that bench down because you need some K's and Wins. You will probably drop Izturis or Tejada at some point and be ok. You need some power, RBI, K, and Wins if I'm nit-picking

ATRAIN
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM
no but I'm saying that you will have too many stats sitting on the bench because you have like 4-5 firstbasemen and you can only play 2 at a time. While if you get a guy hurt somehwere else or a guy is slumping you will have to just leave it empty

True but 2 of them can be inserted into outfield so there really only is 1 backup, which is Ortiz but I only got him because of what he is capable of. The other spots will be filled during the season. About 3rd base my targets were all picked so its going to be waivers on that as well. Inge will be ok, not great but will do the job.

whottt
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
He didn't even know how many first basemen you had until I told him an hour ago. This guy is an asshat.

And anyone that listens to him is stupider than he is.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
True but 2 of them can be inserted into outfield so there really only is 1 backup, which is Ortiz but I only got him because of what he is capable of. The other spots will be filled during the season. About 3rd base my targets were all picked so its going to be waivers on that as well. Inge will be ok, not great but will do the job.

your best bet is to hope Ortiz rebounds and you can trade Adrian for someone who can get you more steals and runs

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:12 AM
He didn't even know how many first basemen you had until I told him an hour ago. This guy is an asshat.

And anyone that listens to him is stupider than he is.

I knew it when I did my research after the draft. I wrote it on Saturday. Calm down Sea Dogs

whottt
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
I knew it when I did my research after the draft. I wrote it on Saturday. Calm down Sea Dogs

Right, just like you knew truth didn't pay.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
the thing is, all of you have question marks you are depending on. My everyday lineup has no question marks. The only question marks are on my bench and at closer where you can find guys all the time. Last year Aarsdmama and Bailey each had like 35 saves and they were on waivers. Same with the Blue Jays.

even so, Wagnor has been lights out this spring, and was last season.

slayermin
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
No way I have the 2nd best team. I have too many question marks and I think this season will be difficult to predict because of all the aging, young, and post injured guys. It seems like a lot of players are at a crossroads in their careers.

I think whottt will be in it as always. I don't think he's won the league yet but he's the most formidable opponent, imho. I always build my team to matchup with his which has worked for me in this league.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Right, just like you knew truth didn't pay.

Sea Dogs just go start working on getting your team better. i don't want this to turn into Truth where you quit in June and leave guys on the DL (which in your case could be your whole gimpy lineup) in your lineup