PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Commander 2

phyzik
03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Just got it. Will let you know how it is once I played it for a bit.

symple19
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Just got it. Will let you know how it is once I played it for a bit.

I'm getting it in the next couple days. Although most reviews have been favorable, I've read some saying that the graphics are a step back from the first SC. Regardless, I have high hopes. The first SC and SC:FA are fantastic RTS games, some of the best that have come out in recent memory, IMO.

I probably won't play it much until I get over Napoleon:Total War which is my current obsession

looking forward to your thoughts

4>0rings
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM
From what I saw and read, it's a pretty damn good game. Huge leap over the first which I wasn't fond of.

DarkReign
03-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I played the demo. I am not a big fan.

sabar
03-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Hmm I'm not sure whether to check it out or not...

Sounds like gameplay and graphics were dumbed down for the xbox360 and the game has drm requiring some download from steam...

I'll await further news!

symple19
03-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Phyzik, shall I take your silence as a good thing?

symple19
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Well, I finally got it downloaded, played through the tutorials, and the graphics suck... Badly. Cartoonish as hell and the textures are a joke. I can't be more disappointed in the way it looks, but the gameplay still seems solid. Not too sure if I'll be able to get by the shitty graphics though...ugh, even the cutscenes look terrible. Looks like they dumbed shit down so it would run better on weak machines... ALways a bad idea, IMO. Maybe I need to play it more, but at first take it's a step back from SC:FA, and that's sad considering SC:FA is a 2007 game.

They also should have a WSAD key binding to get around the map, so it's going to take me forever to get shit set up the way I like it. Wow, I'm bummed...

phyzik
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Well, I finally got it downloaded, played through the tutorials, and the graphics suck... Badly. Cartoonish as hell and the textures are a joke. I can't be more disappointed in the way it looks, but the gameplay still seems solid. Not too sure if I'll be able to get by the shitty graphics though...ugh, even the cutscenes look terrible. Looks like they dumbed shit down so it would run better on weak machines... ALways a bad idea, IMO. Maybe I need to play it more, but at first take it's a step back from SC:FA, and that's sad considering SC:FA is a 2007 game.

They also should have a WSAD key binding to get around the map, so it's going to take me forever to get shit set up the way I like it. Wow, I'm bummed...

Yeah, sorry for the late reply. I feel about the same. I played like the first 2 missions then a skirmish. Exited the game within an hour and started up Oblivion.