PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect: DeMarcus Cousins

Bruno
03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/bill_trocchi/01/12/tuesday.scouting/demarcus-cousins.jpg
Height: 6-11
Weight: 270 lbs
Birthday: 08/13/1990
College: Kentucky

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/demarcus-cousins)

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Watched him playing for the first time this weekend. Physically and athletically he reminds me of Eric Dampier - very good combination of bulk+mobility but not exactly elite athleticism, some lack of explosion plus has that high work rate and appetite for playing in the paint. More skilled than Dampier, obviously. Should be a very good player.

exstatic
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
He's supposed to be a fucking head case. REAL uncoachable. Bad body language. Ignoring coaches in TOs. Hair trigger temper on the court. Some lucky team is going to get the next Eddy Curry or Jerome James for their trouble.

AFBlue
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
In...hired an agent. Top 5 pick.

Mark in Austin
04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling these Kentucly players might all turn out to be overrated for one reason or another...

MultiTroll
12-19-2016, 07:17 PM
:lol a look back.
Not a lot of comments. Exstatic had the goods on the prediction.

He ended up going 5th.
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. Wesley Johnson

I would take him in a millisecond if Kings would go Gasol for Cousins.

palangi
12-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Not a lot of comments. Exstatic had the goods on the prediction.

He ended up going 5th.
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. Derrick Favors
4. Wesley Johnson

I would take him in a millisecond if Kings would go Gasol for Cousins.

Shit add green in if we need too and Anderson.

MultiTroll
12-19-2016, 07:39 PM
^^ i meant Aldridge. :lol

daslicer
12-19-2016, 07:47 PM
He's supposed to be a fucking head case. REAL uncoachable. Bad body language. Ignoring coaches in TOs. Hair trigger temper on the court. Some lucky team is going to get the next Eddy Curry or Jerome James for their trouble.

Accurate scouting report and 6 years later it still holds true.

Seventyniner
12-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Accurate scouting report and 6 years later it still holds true.

Except that the Eddy Curry and Jerome James comparison sells Cousins very short. Cousins is far better than those two.

The stuff you bolded is definitely accurate though.

daslicer
12-19-2016, 07:59 PM
Except that the Eddy Curry and Jerome James comparison sells Cousins very short. Cousins is far better than those two.

The stuff you bolded is definitely accurate though.

That's what I implied.

Captivus
12-19-2016, 08:22 PM
PbaONoSO8rM

kaji157
12-19-2016, 09:39 PM
PbaONoSO8rM

If that guy is so sure the Celtics won´t trade for cousins but they need a good PF then:
Lamarcus Aldridge to the Celtics
De Marcus Cousins to San Antonio
Amir Jhonson (Expiring 12 million), James Young (Expiring 2M),Terry Rozier and one of Bostons Picks to Sacramento

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jkc5c2y

Everyone is happy

Spurtacular
12-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Not a lot of comments.

Probably cos he was a sure top five pick, and the Spurs weren't going to be able to trade up that far (like every year).

kuato
12-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Nope, lack of self control.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-20-2016, 02:38 AM
With the new designated veteran provision in the CBA Cousins will be able to sign an extension with Sacramento for an obscene amount of money, so not sure if he'd be that happy with a trade now. He doesn't strike you as someone who'd put winning over money.

BillMc
12-20-2016, 02:55 AM
With the new designated veteran provision in the CBA Cousins will be able to sign an extension with Sacramento for an obscene amount of money, so not sure if he'd be that happy with a trade now. He doesn't strike you as someone who'd put winning over money.

Boogie might do what S Jackson did with Golden State, sign, solidify his money, then force his way out.

As for the Spurs, he's tempting, but one screaming session from Pop and he'd check out. No thanks.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-20-2016, 03:05 AM
Boogie might do what S Jackson did with Golden State, sign, solidify his money, then force his way out.

Possibly but if he signs the super extension with Sacramento he'll be trade ineligible for a year.

As for the Spurs, he's tempting, but one screaming session from Pop and he'd check out. No thanks.

Absolutely. There is no way a 70 year old Pop will put up with a malcontent like Cousins. All the fantasy trade talk is bullshit.

Captivus
12-20-2016, 09:16 AM
I wonder if he is right about his attitude being associated with the fact that his team keeps losing...

I would take Cousins in a second!

kaji157
12-20-2016, 09:21 AM
Most likely for Cousins to come, Pop would have to have him at least one International Tournament in the USA team.

If both like each other then there is a chance.

lilbthebasedgod
12-20-2016, 10:19 AM
I would like to think that this team is mentally strong enough to not be thrown out of orbit because of someone with an ego issue.

GSH
12-20-2016, 10:56 AM
I love the thought process:

"Here's a guy with so much size, talent, and athleticism that no team would think about letting him get away. Except that he's such a fucking head case that even lowly Sacramento might just look for a way to pawn him off on some other team. I think we should go for it."

Hey - maybe we could get Cousins, Greg Oden, and Brandon Roy next year. We'd be staaacked!

Chillen
12-20-2016, 02:13 PM
RC has respect for Pop, but a Cousins/Leonard duo could be the future of the Spurs franchise, Pop may retire in 2 years. I would not let Pop dictate if a Cousins trade should happen or not, Spurs have Aldridge/Green they could part with for him. Build around a Cousins/Leonard duo for the future. With Duncan retiring, the big 3 era is definitely coming to a close (Manu to retire at the end of the season). The Spurs need to think longterm now, Pop is not going to want to coach till the end of time. A Cousins/Leonard duo both players 25 and 26. So if the Kings have interest in Aldridge, If I was RC I would strongly consider a trade for Cousins.

TrainOfThought5
12-20-2016, 02:50 PM
RC has respect for Pop, but a Cousins/Leonard duo could be the future of the Spurs franchise, Pop may retire in 2 years. I would not let Pop dictate if a Cousins trade should happen or not, Spurs have Aldridge/Green they could part with for him. Build around a Cousins/Leonard duo for the future. With Duncan retiring, the big 3 era is definitely coming to a close (Manu to retire at the end of the season). The Spurs need to think longterm now, Pop is not going to want to coach till the end of time. A Cousins/Leonard duo both players 25 and 26. So if the Kings have interest in Aldridge, If I was RC I would strongly consider a trade for Cousins.

Exactly. Get Cousins in here. Recruit a pass first PG with 3PT range and lets dominate for another decade.

The_Coyote
12-20-2016, 04:37 PM
I wonder if he is right about his attitude being associated with the fact that his team keeps losing...

I would take Cousins in a second!

Never gonna happen. But hearing Sean Elliott trying to root for Cousins night in night out would be SUCH good entertainment.

Ice009
12-20-2016, 09:48 PM
I'll take him. I don't care if he's incorrigible like another poster downstairs said. I want someone that won't play soft inside, that will get in people's faces, and that will dominate his match up.

r0drig0lac
12-21-2016, 06:36 AM
I'll take him. I don't care if he's incorrigible like another poster downstairs said. I want someone that won't play soft inside, that will get in people's faces, and that will dominate his match up.

Chillen
12-21-2016, 09:16 AM
I have no idea how much interest the Spurs have in Cousins, but he just dropped a 55 point game vs Blazers. If they will take Aldridge/Mills for Cousins/Collison, you do it.

Spurs would have a starting lineup of:
Parker
Green
Leonard
Cousins
Gasol

Spurs9
12-21-2016, 06:33 PM
:lmao stephen a just told a great story about Duncan and Cousins on first take.
Cousins was saying that Dunacn cant guard him, so he glared ovee to Pop and he called the next 13 plays with Duncan and scored on most of them. El liot said you cant tug on supermans cape, and then Cousins tried going after el liot after the game :lmao

Why is ell iot censored wat?

Mel_13
12-21-2016, 06:45 PM
:lmao stephen a just told a great story about Duncan and Cousins on first take.
Cousins was saying that Dunacn cant guard him, so he glared ovee to Pop and he called the next 13 plays with Duncan and scored on most of them. El liot said you cant tug on supermans cape, and then Cousins tried going after el liot after the game :lmao

Why is ell iot censored wat?

Just spell it right and you're fine.