PDA

View Full Version : Spurs notebook: Spurs find Karl's comments humorous

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Spurs notebook: Spurs find Karl's comments humorous
Web Posted: 05/02/2005 12:00 AM CDT

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA050205.7D.BKNspurs.notebook.232998f54.html

San Antonio Express-News

The Spurs laughed after hearing Denver coach George Karl say Manu Ginobili was "difficult to watch."

"Are you crazy?" Tony Parker said. "He's very exciting. He always does crazy moves. It's fun to watch."

"I enjoy Manu's game actually," Tim Duncan said. "I think that goes to the fact that I am a Spur."

Ginobili said he was surprised.

"I just try to do what I do best, contribute to my team," Ginobili said. "Of course, there's some people that aren't going to like my game. As long as Pop (coach Gregg Popovich) and (general manager) R.C. (Buford) like my game, I'm going to be all right."

Add him to the list: Karl also took time to complain about Bruce Bowen's defense on Denver's Carmelo Anthony.

Bowen, Karl said, "holds and grabs and cuts."

"I can truly say I've almost heard it all," Bowen said. "Another dig doesn't do too much to me. It just adds to the junk mail, so to speak." :lol

Johnny Ludden

The cold truth: Were Denver's weather more temperate, Spurs forward Robert Horry might have considered a free-agent offer from the Nuggets last summer.

As it was, he remained with the Spurs, and in Saturday's Game 3, Horry's inspired play off the bench was instrumental in the 86-78 victory.

"Kiki (Vandeweghe, Nuggets general manager) called me this summer about signing with them, but I told him I couldn't do it. It's too cold in Denver for my daughter.

"I only had two teams on my list: San Antonio and Miami. That was it. It was really close, too. It's just that I didn't want to have to learn a new system.

"Plus, I love these guys."

Hello ... and good-bye: The Nuggets also tried to recruit Ginobili when he was a free agent last summer.

"I wish he was on our team," Nuggets center Marcus Camby said. "I remember when he was a free agent last summer. I was on the phone talking to him, trying to persuade him to come out there. But he was like, 'Yeah, Marcus, whatever." :lol

Mike Monroe

T Park
05-02-2005, 12:26 AM
"I enjoy Manu's game actually," Tim Duncan said. "I think that goes to the fact that I am a Spur."

Thats funny, what was funnier someone asked Duncan

"Would you think if he was exciting if he was on other team?"

"Uhhh, He wasn't exciting to watch this past summer" lol.