Goran Dragic
03-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Consult the "Is the NBA fixed?" thread.

JJ Hickson
03-03-2010, 08:40 PM
How ironic is it that he named himself Galileo

Goran Dragic
03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Idk but he's by far the dumbest poster on ST. BY FAR. His stupidity is a threat to society.

Goran Dragic
03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
This stupid cuck just called Tim Donaghy an NBA insider.

cobbler
03-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Gotta love the NBA is biased against the spurs comment because they televise 5 more games for the teams.... ALL of which are contenders and have significantly better records. Classic!

mavs>spurs2
03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Idk but he's by far the dumbest poster on ST. BY FAR. His stupidity is a threat to society.

throw blake and allanon in that group as well

Goran Dragic
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Gotta love the NBA is biased against the spurs comment because they televise 5 more games for the teams.... ALL of which are contenders and have significantly better records. Classic!

:lol that was one of the better posts in the thread.

Goran Dragic
03-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Galileo makes either one of those guys sound like Leonardo Da Vinci, that's how dumb he is.

Killakobe81
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Galileo makes either one of those guys sounds like Leonardo Da Vinci, that's how dumb he is.

LOL ...classic!

mavs>spurs2
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Galileo makes either one of those guys sound like Leonardo Da Vinci, that's how dumb he is.

nope tbh. all three are at the very lowest end of the spectrum. there is no difference between the iq's of a rock and a log

badfish22
03-03-2010, 11:41 PM
My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest.
Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

American eating my lunch, Spurfan remix

Goran Dragic
03-03-2010, 11:42 PM
My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest.
Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

nkdlunch
03-04-2010, 12:24 AM
how ironic that retarded Goran Dragic made this thread

badfish22
03-04-2010, 12:25 AM

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 12:26 AM

Greg Oden
03-04-2010, 12:28 AM

nkdlunch
03-04-2010, 12:29 AM
4 rings putas :)

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2010, 12:30 AM

My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest. Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

Goran Dragic

mavs>spurs2

My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest. Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

Xylus
03-04-2010, 12:31 AM
:lmao

Chieflion
03-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Too funny.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Too funny.

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Galileo is a conspiracy nut. I thought we already knew this?

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 12:39 AM
And he can't spell Jabbar.

mookie_crew
03-04-2010, 12:40 AM
We know this.

These are things we know.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 12:40 AM

The 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings presents a stunning example of game and series manipulation at its ugliest. As the teams prepared for Game 6 at the Staples Center, Sacramento had a 3–2 lead in the series. The referees assigned to work Game 6 were Dick Bavetta, Bob Delaney, and Ted Bernhardt. As soon as the referees for the game were chosen, the rest of us knew immediately that there would be a Game 7. A prolonged series was good for the league, good for the networks, and good for the game. Oh, and one more thing: it was great for the big-market, star-studded Los Angeles Lakers.
In the pregame meeting prior to Game 6, the league office sent down word that certain calls — calls that would have benefitted the Lakers — were being missed by the referees. This was the type of not-so-subtle information that I and other referees were left to interpret. After receiving the dispatch, Bavetta openly talked about the fact that the league wanted a Game 7.
"If we give the benefit of the calls to the team that's down in the series, nobody's going to complain. The series will be even at three apiece, and then the better team can win Game 7," Bavetta stated.
As history shows, Sacramento lost Game 6 in a wild come-from-behind thriller that saw the Lakers repeatedly sent to the foul line by the referees. For other NBA referees watching the game on television, it was a shameful performance by Bavetta's crew, one of the most poorly officiated games of all time.

(Sorry I'm jut giving the Lakersfan remix a test run).

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2010, 12:42 AM
And he can't spell Jabbar.

:lmao Jaber, he's the badass mix between

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar.jpg

and

http://healthemoney.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/saber-tooth-tiger.jpg

government gene splicing/cloning conspiracy, imho

badfish22
03-04-2010, 12:43 AM
^ :lmao

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 12:43 AM
:lmao Jaber, he's the badass mix between

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar.jpg

and

http://healthemoney.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/saber-tooth-tiger.jpg

government gene splicing/cloning conspiracy, imho

:lmao

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 12:44 AM
And greg, if you post in this thread, I want you to know. Once I logged off and got back on, my mic started working. You logged off though. Tomorrow?

redzero
03-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Rrx9Ywlev1Y

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4014/fryskeptical.png

What's more fail: having a Creed music video as a signature, or having a Creed music video set to private as a signature?

badfish22
03-04-2010, 12:48 AM
What's more fail: having a Creed music video as a signature, or having a Creed music video set to private as a signature?

Having it private. But to know that it is private you must have tried to play it. Therefore, you fail as well.

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Set to private? Everyone can see what mookie crew has on their sig.

Greg Oden
03-04-2010, 12:49 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4014/fryskeptical.png

C) you trying to listen to it.

Greg Oden
03-04-2010, 12:49 AM
crofl badfish. stepping up trying to get in the mavs krew is working IMHO.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Hey Greg that slut in the Jefferson thread thinks I'm you.

redzero
03-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Having it private. But to know that it is private you must have tried to play it. Therefore, you fail as well.

I wasn't trying to listen to the entire fucking video. I wanted to know if this guy was serious or not.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4313/1267682568922.gif

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2010, 01:08 AM

:lmao self ownedddd gregory saiddddd

crofl badfish. stepping up trying to get in the mavs krew is working IMHO.

+1 im starting to like this badfish guy

Greg Oden
03-04-2010, 01:19 AM
I wasn't trying to listen to the entire fucking video. I wanted to know if this guy was serious or not.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4313/1267682568922.gif

Are you questioning Creed's musical genius?

redzero
03-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Creed

musical genius

http://tonova.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/a_projectile_vomiting_and_guy_jpg.jpg

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2010, 01:33 AM
I think gregory was being sarcastic and it didn't warrant posting of nasty vomit pictures while im eating tbh

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Creed is nice, but they aren't on the same stratosphere of Nickelback and Nirvana. The whole slow, then rock hard to the same guitar strums, then slow, again. It always makes for great music.

redzero
03-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Creed is nice, but they aren't on the same stratosphere of Nickelback and Nirvana. The whole slow, then rock hard to the same guitar strums, then slow, again. It always makes for great music.

Dude, don't compare Nirvana to Nickelback and Creed, even if you don't like them. That's just fucked up.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Nickelback is the shittiest of the 3. By far. Faggot sounds like a constipated redneck in his 50's.

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 01:46 AM
3 great bands, bro.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 01:48 AM
3 great bands, bro.

This isn't a nickelback circle jerk thread, I'm sure if you talk to 90210 there's a nickelback message board somewhere to post on.

redzero
03-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Staying on topic, Galileo is kind of pathetic if he takes everything Donaghy says at face value BUT the stuff about the Spurs-Suns series.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Staying on topic, Galileo is kind of pathetic if he takes everything Donaghy says at face value BUT the stuff about the Spurs-Suns series.

That's just Spurfan logic.

Everything in the NBA is rigged, unless the Spurs win.
Whenever Parker plays horribly, it's injuries.
Whenever the Spurs lose, it's CIA Pop.

Fun n Gun
03-04-2010, 02:29 AM

278 regular season wins since '05
and more fun than you can possibly imagine....fucker.

AussieFanKurt
03-04-2010, 03:53 AM
yess i started that thread therefore brought on his retirement

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 08:20 AM
yess i started that thread therefore brought on his retirement

z0sa
03-04-2010, 10:31 AM
while he may be addicted to conspiracy theories, this thread screams butthurt

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Cane
03-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM

nkdlunch
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/ph.jpg

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2010, 02:30 PM

DisAsTerBot
03-04-2010, 02:37 PM
butthurt

badfish22
03-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Spur fan with frontal lobe damage remix.

JJ Hickson
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM

z0sa
03-04-2010, 03:26 PM
What exactly is your stake or claim here? Do you even understand what Donaghy is actually saying?

Only a troll would be dumb enough to take this bait and run with it so long.

Galileo
03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Consult the "Is the NBA fixed?" thread.

"The Spurs were a good team. Yes, they did earn them [4 rings], the league certainly didn't want a small market team like the Spurs in the NBA Finals every year."

Tim Donaghy

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=13078&post=88665&uid=190036783555

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
:lmao using your fake tim donaghy facebook account as a source

Blake
03-04-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm not a hillbilly, I'm a fucking college student with around a genius level iq.

Blake
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM

apparently not everyone has read his 9/11 threads

Goran Dragic
03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
What exactly is your stake or claim here? Do you even understand what Donaghy is actually saying?

Only a troll would be dumb enough to take this bait and run with it so long.

Cane
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM

IronMexican
03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
apparently not everyone has read his 9/11 threads

Yeah, those are funny. Doesn't he also believe that no one was ever on the moon, too?

ambchang
03-05-2010, 03:49 PM

This is so wrong, it's almost like saying Vince Carter's a nice basketball player, but aren't on the same stratosphere of Kobe Bryant and Jordan.

You don't put Creed, Nickelback and Nirvana in the same sentence, this is just an insult to music.

Greg Oden
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Nirvana > IronMexican

monosylab1k
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
lol @ nirvana knobslobbers. Cobain was so overrated it's ridiculous. I'm happy he put a shotgun in his mouth, it prevented him from giving us even more shitty music.

Comparing Creed to Nickelback to Nirvana is more like comparing Mark Madsen to Chris Mihm to Kurt Rambis. One was the original awkward white guy with no skills, the others were just clones.

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Nice avatar Monos. Are you traveling to Argentina in the near future or something?

badfish22
03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Nirvana was 10x better than Creed or Nickleback (doesnt say much), but I hate them just the same. For they opened the door for those shitty bands.

Anyway, back on topic. :lmao galileo

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Has Lebron Peaked, and is he now on the downside?

With Lebron now injured and done shooting his wad from last year's playoffs, is Lebron now on his downside? He turns 26 this year and has a lot of mileage. His stats have not gotten better since his second season, they are actually on a slight downslope. Lebron also looks like Oden, someone who has aged prematurely.

What do you think?

I think yes.

:blah

The latest nugget of wisdom from ST's dumbest poster. This guy churns out more stupidity than the Land-O-Lakes lady churns out butter.

IronMexican
03-08-2010, 05:28 PM
lol @ nirvana knobslobbers. Cobain was so overrated it's ridiculous. I'm happy he put a shotgun in his mouth, it prevented him from giving us even more shitty music.

Comparing Creed to Nickelback to Nirvana is more like comparing Mark Madsen to Chris Mihm to Kurt Rambis. One was the original awkward white guy with no skills, the others were just clones.

:tu Cool points for mono

His music was shit. And his albums keep getting more and more outdated.

Galileo
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
What does George Bush and the Special Olympics have in common???

They may win, but they're still retards!!!

ambchang
03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Mono and IM, you guys were probably 8 or 9 when Cobain put a gun to his mouth, and didn't understand the cultural implications of the band. Nirvana brought alternative music to the forefront, and put pop to the backseat. Nirvana made music festival, such as Lollapalooza and Reading cool, and influenced a whole new generation of music.

BTW, Nickelback, and especially Creed, are more a Pearl Jam wannabe than a Nirvana wannabe, and Dave Grohl went on to make great music with Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Them Crooked Vultures instead of commericial crap.

It's like saying 2Pac and NWA sucked because of all the 2nd rated gangster rap without taking into account the cultural significance of those two artists.

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 01:17 PM
yeah but I've heard 2 of their songs, and they all sound the same!

redzero
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Mono and IM, you guys were probably 8 or 9 when Cobain put a gun to his mouth, and didn't understand the cultural implications of the band. Nirvana brought alternative music to the forefront, and put pop to the backseat. Nirvana made music festival, such as Lollapalooza and Reading cool, and influenced a whole new generation of music.

BTW, Nickelback, and especially Creed, are more a Pearl Jam wannabe than a Nirvana wannabe, and Dave Grohl went on to make great music with Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Them Crooked Vultures instead of commericial crap.

It's like saying 2Pac and NWA sucked because of all the 2nd rated gangster rap without taking into account the cultural significance of those two artists.

Agreed. Nevermind and In Utero were the shiznit, mayne. Nirvana gets a lot of unjustified hate these days due to hype backlash.

Greg Oden
03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Agreed. Nevermind and In Utero were the shiznit, mayne. Nirvana gets a lot of unjustified hate these days due to hype backlash.

I didn't know black folks listened to Nirvana.

redzero
03-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I didn't know black folks listened to Nirvana.

I listen to a variety of genres, because I can appreciate different kinds of music and their contribution to medium as a whole.

I wouldn't expect one with inferior eardrums such as yourself to understand.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 05:16 PM
It did wonders for the angry teenager market.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
And I had no idea redzero was black. Never knew black scenesters existed.

redzero
03-09-2010, 05:24 PM

I'm a scenester? I don't prescribe myself to one musical genre.

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 05:28 PM

A radiohead fanboy more likely be a scenester than a Nirvana fan.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
lolz

I really don't know what scenesters look like. I think only white people are scenesters. No white people here. It's just a fun word to say. Like guido before jersey shore made that word popular.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 05:33 PM
And Radiohead shits on Nirvana's 2 decent albums and one shitty one.

redzero
03-09-2010, 05:35 PM
And Radiohead shits on Nirvana's 2 decent albums and one shitty one.

You'll get no argument from me when comparing OK Computer to Nevermind or In Utero.

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 05:39 PM
The only Radiohead album that's on par with Nevermind is The Bends.

redzero
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Dude, you are straight tripping if you think The Bends is better than OK Computer.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
dirk doesn't want o listen to OKC or Kid A. I think the only albums he's listened to are In Rainbows and the Bends.

And yeah, Radiohead's 4th best album is probably on par with Nirvana's best.

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I've heard ok computer. It's no The Bends. And neither are Nevermind.

ambchang
03-09-2010, 06:08 PM
The Bends is more commercially acceptable, in which all 12 songs are extremely well written and strong. Whereas OKC is more of a concept album, with one common theme tying the whole album together, not to mention that it essentially broke all rock and roll rules at that time.

Nevermind, on the other hand, introduced grunge rock into the main stream. To say that Radiohead's 4th best album is on par with Nirvana's best is really stretching it.

Pablo Honey - sucked. Not ground breaking at all, with only 1 strong song.
The Bends - strong album from top to bottom
OKC - Ground breaking album, fantastic arrangements and lyrics
Kid A - Another Ground breaking album
Amnesiac - Red-head step sibling of Kid A
HttT - strong album with more commercial arrangements than the previous 2 albums.
In Rainbows - broke grounds more around the distribution than the music.

So of these 7 albums, you are saying that HttT or In Rainbows is on par with Nevermind/In Utero, given the cultural significance?

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Strong is about the last word I'd use to describe HttT

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
The Bends is more commercially acceptable, in which all 12 songs are extremely well written and strong. Whereas OKC is more of a concept album, with one common theme tying the whole album together, not to mention that it essentially broke all rock and roll rules at that time.

Nevermind, on the other hand, introduced grunge rock into the main stream. To say that Radiohead's 4th best album is on par with Nirvana's best is really stretching it.

Pablo Honey - sucked. Not ground breaking at all, with only 1 strong song.
The Bends - strong album from top to bottom
OKC - Ground breaking album, fantastic arrangements and lyrics
Kid A - Another Ground breaking album
Amnesiac - Red-head step sibling of Kid A
HttT - strong album with more commercial arrangements than the previous 2 albums.
In Rainbows - broke grounds more around the distribution than the music.

So of these 7 albums, you are saying that HttT or In Rainbows is on par with Nevermind/In Utero, given the cultural significance?
The Bends is my 4th favorite album.

And I agree with your listings of the Radiohead albums. I've never been a Nirvana fan. I can listen to OKC, Kid A, In Rainbows, The Bends, and HTTT all the way through before listening to any nirvana album through. The fact that Kurt was so mentally weak that he killed himself only makes me dislike them even more.

Nevermind is a cool album to listen to every now and then, but it's like the bends to me. It gets dated very quickly. The only songs from the bends that I can constantly listen to are Street spirit, fake plastic trees and Bulletproof I wish I was. The whole slow, then rock out hard and slow(Songs like creep, and The Bends) really get boring to me quickly. And funny enough, a lot of nirvana songs have that same flavor.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 06:19 PM
And I was referring to The Bends single, not the album.

dirk4mvp
03-10-2010, 12:30 AM
The Bends is my 4th favorite album.

And I agree with your listings of the Radiohead albums. I've never been a Nirvana fan. I can listen to OKC, Kid A, In Rainbows, The Bends, and HTTT all the way through before listening to any nirvana album through. The fact that Kurt was so mentally weak that he killed himself only makes me dislike them even more.

Nevermind is a cool album to listen to every now and then, but it's like the bends to me. It gets dated very quickly. The only songs from the bends that I can constantly listen to are Street spirit, fake plastic trees and Bulletproof I wish I was. The whole slow, then rock out hard and slow(Songs like creep, and The Bends) really get boring to me quickly. And funny enough, a lot of nirvana songs have that same flavor.

hater, imho.

ambchang
03-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I believe that comes to a personal taste around the quiet/loud/quiet arrangements. It magnifies the effects of the loud with the balance of the soft, and makes it sound like rocks that much harder.

The Bends was pretty much the height of britpop, it took all the elements and mashed it together. It definitely sounds early 90s, but then most great albums sound their age. You can listen to Yellow Submarine and Blood on the Tracks and immediately tell when they were made. Doesn't make them bad albums though.

With regards to Cobain being mentally weak and shot himself. Just think about it, would you have shot yourself if you married Courtney Love?

IronMexican
03-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Just saying, it's dated and is very repetitive. It's like listening to Dirt then trying to listen to Facelift.

MookieCrew
03-10-2010, 07:16 PM
We know this.

These are things we know.

ha! dets wat i woulda done

Ignignokt
03-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Nirvana, Creed, and Nickelback might sound out of place together. But I don't give a rats ass, and don't understand the huge contreversy around it.

No one says any of those bands sound alike. They all sound way different.

Lets look at each individually.

Creed- Their lyric content is less angsty and more gnostic spiritual and inspirational. They can get real cheesy, but have put out decent work. 2 songs on Human Clay ended their cred. Other than that, the vocals are lacking aswell as the creativity of the drums, yet the guitar sound is sort of unique in that it has a flamenco influence in it. A lot of the early Creed had some #9 dominant cadences which were imitative of flamenco.

Nickelback- If these guys sound like Creed and Pearl Jam, then you have no ear. Their lyrical content has the depth of Brad Paisley without the stellar guitar licks. They're song structure is very steeped in traditional pop form and they have a southern rock flavor that is closer to STP than Nirvana. The vocals are gutty and raspy like Creed, but don't in anyway sound like eddie vedder. The only similarity Stapp and Kroger have with Vedder, is that they are all baritones. Eddie Vedder sounds like a huger vagina than both Stapp and Kroger even though his lyrical content is superior. Eddie Vedder also tries to imitate his folk hero Neil Young. Both Scott Stapp and Vedder put Jim Morrison from the Doors as their inspiration. That's the only thing that they have in common.

Nirvana-

What can i say. They are credited with the "seattle sound". If that's the case, you might as well credit Creed and Nickelback for the "alt rock" sound too. Soundgarden and others laid the foundation of the Seattle scene six years earlier to Nevermind. Executives searched for "the seattle sound" because of SG, not nirvana.

Infact, Nirvana robbed some of the time feel, vibe off of many bands in that area as well as Soundgarden's; fused it with Punk, and a touch of new wave. They're chord progressions were closer to pshycedillic 60's era folk and groove music, smashed in with dry "seattle" distortion, punk base, and metronomic drumming.

As far as lyrical depth, like Kurt's suicide letter; his lyrics made no sense, were full of angst, anger, weak, stunted, and immature.

It's a shame for a 30 yr old man to still be portraying teenage angst in his lyrics.

In this world you have two grown men. One took his mothers van which led to; getting home to start a fight with his mother, got kicked out of the house and ended up self inflicting pain by scratching his own face and having his girlfriend console him for the big pussy he was afterwards. The other; started a band, ripped of other peoples ideas, wrote insanely pussy lyrics yet was credited for changing music, being a voice of a generation, lived comfortably and pussed out and put a gun to his head.

One is more respected than the other. And still you wonder why the "Voice of a generation" ('s)generation grew up to be a bunch of self indulgent assholes who are now fist pumping it up at the Jersey Shore.

We all don't know shit.

Ignignokt
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
breh

IronMexican
03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
AiC shits on all Seattle bands

symple19
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Fuckin' Creed and Nickelback are two of the worst bands on earth... ON EARTH!

redzero
03-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Aw shit, this thread's about grunge now?

Well, ranking the albums I heard.

Nevermind
Superunknown
Ten
In Utero
Dirt
Alice In Chains

ambchang
03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Come on IM, AiC is as repetitive as they come. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but their albums fail to have any difference, at all. Even after Staley died, and they got a new album 14 years after their last one, they sound the same!

As for Ignignokt, you can't possibly compare the lyrics of Creed and Nickelback to Nirvana. Nirvana's lyrics, while sometimes is hard to figure out, is quite cryptic in certain cases. And for someone who doesn't care, you certainly know a lot about grunge.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
ambchang is definitely one of those guys who is too young to be a dadrock guy and too old to be in this generation's scene, imho.

IronMexican
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
He's caught in between. Not dadrock enough, but not this generation(This generation meaning being born from 1988 to 1992'ish). And Brah, idk, AiC is pretty fucking awesome. Dirt, Jar of Flies and some of the self titled album always gets played with me.

IronMexican
03-11-2010, 05:44 PM
And their unplugged set kicks ass.

ambchang
03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
ambchang is definitely one of those guys who is too young to be a dadrock guy and too old to be in this generation's scene, imho.

Pretty much ... I guess.

:lol

Blake
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM

who is considered to be a dadrock band nowadays?

redzero
03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
who is considered to be a dadrock band nowadays?

60's and 70's bands/artists like Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and so on.

Or maybe U2 and other 80's acts.

ekalb
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM

?syadawon dnab kcordad a eb ot deredisnoc si ohw

mavs>spurs2
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM

:lmao i fucking love this troll

Blake
03-12-2010, 03:12 PM

:birthday:

IronMexican
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
What redzero said.

The quintessential dadrock bands are Led, Floyd and probably Hendrix.

Blake
03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
What redzero said.

The quintessential dadrock bands are Led, Floyd and probably Hendrix.

seems like those have been dadrock bands for a long time.

I was thinking someone was going to say nirvana is their dad's favorite band.

dirk4mvp
03-12-2010, 04:30 PM
My dad is in his 50's and he's the quintessential Zeppelin/Pink Floyd fan. Dadrock now is definitely those type bands. It's still too early for Nirvana. That's like older brother rock.

ambchang
03-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Come to think of it, I love Pink Floyd, absolutely love them. Anybody who said they like OK Computer and do not like Pink Floyd are liars, or have never heard any PF stuff. Zeppelin I am alright with.

So what are the in bands now?

Blake
03-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Come to think of it, I love Pink Floyd, absolutely love them. Anybody who said they like OK Computer and do not like Pink Floyd are liars, or have never heard any PF stuff. Zeppelin I am alright with.

So what are the in bands now?

I thought I read the poster named phillip somewhere say that Maroon 5 and coldplay were super cool.

I woudn't really know, but I guess I'll take his word for it.

IronMexican
03-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I think Phillip/stretch said he likes the killers. That's the music my 16 year old cousin listens to.

dirk4mvp
03-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Stretch thinks The Killers will be regarded as the best band from this generation 20 years down the road.

redzero
03-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I think Phillip/stretch said he likes the killers. That's the music my 16 year old cousin listens to.

Yeah, a 16-year-old girl, maybe.

ambchang
03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
I am fine with the Killers, but labelled as one of the best band for a U2 wannabe copycat? Not likely. I really haven't heard any bands that really started a new trend in music in a while, the last one was probably Radiohead with OKC, and then breeding all the Travis, Coldplay and such.

There are still a few good bands around, but none of htem are really groundbreaking level kind of band ... I guess.