PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola on the Spurs

Boss
03-04-2010, 12:53 AM
The biggest blunder the Spurs FO has made in recent memory is without a doubt the trade of Luis Scola.

I found this interesting twitter response from Scola after the Rockets beat the Spurs that to me indicates he still wishes things would of turned out differently:

@LScola4 (http://twitter.com/LScola4) man...way to tear my team up... I still wish you were in black and silver...hated when we let you go!

Scola's response: thanks, i would love to play there too, so bad it didnt work out ,but they still my fav team...after the Rockets of course

http://twitter.com/LScola4

Sorry guys I know everyone is sick of Scola threads, just thought some of you might find his comments interesting.

DesignatedT
03-04-2010, 12:58 AM
lol. thats interesting. isnt he a fa this summer? maybe he will come cheap since we are his favorite team :lol

exstatic
03-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Scola thread!!

jaffies
03-04-2010, 01:01 AM
...numerous Scola threads

TDMVPDPOY
03-04-2010, 01:17 AM
umm i think the spurs be usin MLE on splitter, no money for scola

ElNono
03-04-2010, 01:47 AM
How the heck did they lose at home to Sacto today?

And on that note, how the hell did we lost to them last Friday?

lennyalderette
03-04-2010, 01:53 AM
wow thats awesome im glad maybe if the spurs go after scola manu will stay for sure

DesignatedT
03-04-2010, 01:54 AM
wow thats awesome im glad maybe if the spurs go after scola manu will stay for sure

or they could go somewhere else together.

spurs10
03-04-2010, 02:41 AM
or they could go somewhere else together.
That would be a drag!

jjktkk
03-04-2010, 02:56 AM
IMO, I couldn't see the Spurs, under any scenario, signing Scola. For one the money factor, and 2, would be having 2 undersized 4's(Blair) either starting or in the rotation.

Johnny RIngo
03-04-2010, 03:00 AM
If Bonner was never in SA, Scola might actually be playing for us, right?

8FOR!3
03-04-2010, 06:43 AM
IMO, I couldn't see the Spurs, under any scenario, signing Scola. For one the money factor, and 2, would be having 2 undersized 4's(Blair) either starting or in the rotation.

I kinda agree. I wouldn't sign any forward/center under 6'11 next year, you need a big man, Duncan's the only real one on the team.

raspsa
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Yeah, not athletic enough. LOL

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 07:49 AM
If Bonner was never in SA, Scola might actually be playing for us, right?Butler.

Mark in Austin
03-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Butler.

now you're just gerrymandering.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2010, 08:04 AM
:lol

urunobili
03-04-2010, 08:08 AM
is he 6'10? that's not undersized for a PF... TD could officially slide into C if he comes over :)

K-State Spur
03-04-2010, 08:16 AM
If Bonner was never in SA, Scola might actually be playing for us, right?

Right or wrong, it was more that they felt he wouldn't be able to play with Duncan - that they both used the same spots on the floor to be effective.

That, combined with all kinds of difficulties getting him over here, led to them being willing to dump him in exchange for losing Butler.

Obviously a blunder, but every team has them.

Chillen
03-04-2010, 09:06 AM
The biggest blunder the Spurs FO has made in recent memory is without a doubt the trade of Luis Scola.

The Spurs could sure use him now, so yeah it was a big blunder for sure. They just won the 2007 NBA title and gave the Rockets a gift for some reason. :lol

Luis Scola

When that trade went down I just was in disbelief, Scola would have helped the Spurs in the 2008 WCF against the Lakers. I am sure today the Spurs would love to pretend it never happened, since it was such a dumb trade.

Chillen
03-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Right or wrong, it was more that they felt he wouldn't be able to play with Duncan - that they both used the same spots on the floor to be effective.

That, combined with all kinds of difficulties getting him over here, led to them being willing to dump him in exchange for losing Butler.

Obviously a blunder, but every team has them.

Wrong, he could have had a huge role coming off the bench to backup Duncan and give Duncan rest in back to backs. Both Duncan and Scola could easily have played with eachother on the court, move either to Center, it makes the Spurs have more size, depth and two talented bigs to rebound the ball. It was a dumb trade, if that's why they did it. If the Rockets had no trouble getting him over, the Spurs should have been able to, they have won 4 NBA titles. Oh well, what's done is done, he's a Houston Rocket.

bigbendbruisebrother
03-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Can you imagine the arm carnage brought on by having Scola and Blair on the floor at the same time?

Indazone
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Landry and Scola sort of cancelled each other out scoring but damn can Scola rebound!!

jjktkk
03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
is he 6'10? that's not undersized for a PF... TD could officially slide into C if he comes over :)

More like 6'8".

anakha
03-04-2010, 02:53 PM

SIGN MANU BUT IF HE WANTS TO DO IT 2 WHEN IT CMES DOWNT TO IT TRADE HIM ALSO FOR A FREAKIN AMERICAN

Make up whatever you have that passes for a mind.

angelbelow
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Scola is gonna command a contract of MLE+ for sure. Theres no way we can sign him unless we give up on Splitter. Even then, i dont think the MLE is enough to pry Scola. I see houston easily giving up 7-9mil a year for scola.

MmP
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't want to hype too much Scola because some here will take it personally. But this guy is incredible. 18 rebs yesterday!

I don't think it's even likely Scola will go anywhere else but Houston. Rockets traded Landry in order to give Scola room to dominate this season. And has complemented well with Yao. He's not an ego guy. He just want to win.
And here's a player who will step it up in clutch playoff time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xeJEd5vitU

Check out 1:10 How Scola schools Lamar on how to use fundamentals in the post. This guy is skilled.

OldSilentHill
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xeJEd5vitU

Check out 1:10 How Scola schools Lamar on how to use fundamentals in the post. This guy is skilled.

Oh my god, I didnt remember this. So fucking amazing :wow

PS: 18 rebounds, what a monster :toast

Lars
03-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Scola is a restricted free agent BTW.

easy7
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
He will get in Tim's way according to the Spurs PR and Bonner is better because he spreads the floor.

Indazone
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes because Scola is an idiot and would purposely get in Duncan's way taking up the same spots at the same time. LOL

AFBlue
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
The Spurs FO will have a back-up plan (or 3) if Splitter falls through. I'm not sure if Scola is the first option or fifth, but there are only so many players with whom the Spurs are familiar that could be had for MLE...and Scola is likely one of them.

Spurs FO and coaching staff had legitimate concerns with how Scola's game would translate to the NBA and those questions have been answered in large part. If the Spurs want to stay in win-now mode, I think they'd be dumb not to look at Scola as an option.

Bruno
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
The Scrubla obsession is so strange.
Last time I've checked, Rockets are a lottery team and Scrubla is one of the worst defensive PF/C in the league. I don't get why people talk so much about him.

DesignatedT
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Last time I've checked, Rockets are a lottery team and Scrubla is one of the worst defensive PF/C in the league. I don't get why people talk so much about him.

yup

leo_d
03-05-2010, 05:04 PM

There is nothing strange about regretting not signing a guy who puts 14 pts. and 8,5 rb. for 3.1 millons a year.

lol at "scrubla" after he made 30 points on the guys that are somehow replacing him in the Spurs.

AFBlue
03-05-2010, 05:21 PM
There is nothing strange about regretting not signing a guy who puts 14 pts. and 8,5 rb. for 3.1 millons a year.

lol at "scrubla" after he made 30 points on the guys that are somehow replacing him in the Spurs.

This is why I think it's dumb to discount the idea of Scola on the Spurs. He's now a proven player on the NBA level and the Spurs are very familiar with him.

Having said that, I don't think he's a top choice because the Spurs have a very similar player in Blair for what would be 1/5th the cost. All Blair has to do is work on a respectable mid-range jumper and he duplicates what Scola would mean to this team.

Still, I could think of worse uses for the MLE than a productive, intelligent forward.

DesignatedT
03-05-2010, 05:25 PM
blair>scola

AFBlue
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
blair @ $1M > scola @ $5M

or...

blair in 2yrs > scola now

Fixed

DAF86
03-05-2010, 08:21 PM
blair>scola

Right now, that isn't true.

DAF86
03-05-2010, 08:26 PM

I don't find it strange at all, considering that he would clearly be the second best bigmen in the Spurs.

Last time I've checked, Rockets are a lottery team

Irrelevant, Marc Gasol plays for a lottery team and I'm sure you would like to have him on the Spurs.

and Scrubla is one of the worst defensive PF/C in the league. I don't get why people talk so much about him.

Now, you're just flat out lying.

Lars
03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Scola with a nice little 27 point, 21 rebound game tonight :D

OldSilentHill
03-06-2010, 10:47 PM

http://www.cerumen.cl/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/batman-owned.jpg

"Scola...you asshole"

25 pts and 21 rebs

DaDakota
03-06-2010, 11:04 PM
We thank you !

DD

kuato
03-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Scolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! , I just like to see him playing, like i like to see Manu playing, not the best players in NBA but fuck ... everybodyy would pay to see them playing together.

Hemotivo
03-06-2010, 11:42 PM
!

WalterBenitez
03-07-2010, 06:26 AM
We thank you !

DD

You should avoid to share with us any of your comments, since this is a very sensitive issue around and we could get your IP address and send cousins to say hello :splitter