PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in here make their own wine?

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm doing a small (40 vine) grape planting at the ranch next week (finishing the trellis's and drip irrigation this weekend)...I've done a lot of research on varieties ( I want to make a good red table wine) and this will be my test run. If they do well I will probably plant a couple more rows next spring from the cutting when I trim them back next winter. Just curious if anyone else is messing around with growing grapes and making wine...

Wild Cobra
03-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm doing a small (40 vine) grape planting at the ranch next week (finishing the trellis's and drip irrigation this weekend)...I've done a lot of research on varieties ( I want to make a good red table wine) and this will be my test run. If they do well I will probably plant a couple more rows next spring from the cutting when I trim them back next winter. Just curious if anyone else is messing around with growing grapes and making wine...
Sorry, No.

The closest I've come is making Mead. I made a 15.3% six gallon batch once using 15 pounds of honey. Took 9 months of fermentation.

thispego
03-04-2010, 02:07 PM
MAKE SOME STRAWBERRY WINE YOU BASTARd

Bukefal
03-04-2010, 02:21 PM

I did some years ago for fun and my grandfather has always done so, with grapes from our private vineyard. Wine making is done a lot in Macedonia, in fact it, is probably even the birthplace of wine. Not just winefarmers or companies, but also many individuals at home make wine every year.

I also made Mastika (tastes a bit like Ouzo) some time ago. It's a strong drink.

marini martini
03-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Wine???? WTF happened to your olive conquest??? Speaking of olives, I made some bath tub gin once, it almost killed my ex husband. LoL!!!:toast

Wine? I got a good whine for ya "I wanna go to Cancuuuun"!!!!:cry

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Wine???? WTF happened to your olive conquest??? Speaking of olives, I made some bath tub gin once, it almost killed my ex husband. LoL!!!:toast

Wine? I got a good whine for ya "I wanna go to Cancuuuun"!!!!:cry

Oh, I'm doing olives too. Got 88 trees planted. Also putting in a 120' row of blackerries and 120' row of boysenberries while I'm doing the grapes.

marini martini
03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh, I'm doing olives too. Got 88 trees planted. Also putting in a 120' row of blackerries and 120' row of boysenberries while I'm doing the grapes.

Sounds berry nice. Make sure the boysenberries are over 18!:wow

DPG21920
03-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I hate Mead.