PDA

View Full Version : Lincicome: Who's the Manu? Anyone but Ginobili

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 02:47 AM
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_3744914,00.html

No, no, not Manu.

If the Nuggets must lose to the Spurs, and not that they should, not that they will, but if it happens, let Tim Duncan do it. Or Robert Horry, the playoff perennial, who always shows up big in these things. Or even guard Tony Parker, better than any of the Nuggets guards, a budding marvel at the point.

But not Manu Ginobili.

With my own ears Saturday I heard Ginobili compared to Allen Iverson and to Michael Jordan. Honest. The first by both Marcus Camby and by Ginobili's coach, Gregg Popovich, and the second by Spurs forward Bruce Bowen.

"Not that I'm saying Manu is M.J.," said Bowen. "I'm saying like M.J. he is always in attack mode. That is his mind-set."

Sure. Fine. Lose to Iverson, then. Lose to Jordan. Lose to Duncan. Lose to Kevin Garnett as the Nuggets did last year. Do not lose to Ginobili. You don't make bisque out of lobster flakes. You don't try to pawn cubic zirconium. You buy the Jeep, not the Kia.

When Iverson gets compared to Ginobili, or when someone, sober and serious, blurts out in the middle of one of Ginobili's face-first hurtles, "That Michael was OK, but he wasn't any Manu," when that happens, be proud, Nuggets, to lose to this guy.

In the meantime, do something about him. Don't just whine about his getting the calls or playing ugly basketball or generally replacing grace with disorder, stop him from mattering.

"He makes the game difficult to play, to defend, to referee," said Denver coach George Karl, with a bit more diplomacy than necessary.

And, by the way, ugly is a kindness, not an insult. Calling Ginobili's game ugly is the same as calling a warthog plain. This guy plays basketball like he's changing tires in a demolition derby, all very quirky and fearless, but irrelevant.

"I'm a slasher," Ginobili confessed. "I'm not doing anything wrong. I like the styles of some players and not others. Everyone doesn't have to like my style."

Duncan said, "Manu can be frustrating, I can imagine. I know I didn't enjoy him so much last summer (when Ginobili was on the Olympic gold medal-winning Argentina team)."

Being persistently reminded of an earlier conclusion of mine, that Ginobili is an NBA All-Star like a cactus is a pillow, I accept my share of the responsibility for the fix the Nuggets are in.

And that fix is to be exactly where they were when this all started, three games and several springs ago. It has taken the Nuggets and Spurs longer to get to Game 4 than it took to finish the Falklands War.

"This is the first must-win for us," said Karl. "The Spurs have faced two must-wins."

This is coaching logic, a strange and complicated thing, but what it means is Karl is not unhappy with the way things are. When a team loses on its own court as the other team's star is having his worst game, coaching logic is as good a hiding place as any.

The star, by the way, is still Duncan, not Ginobili, no matter what the box scores and the buzz support. Duncan is playing on one sound ankle and has had little to do with anything that has happened so far.

"Duncan's ankle is still hurt?" asked Camby, feigning shock at the news. "Funny how that goes. When he goes seven of 22 and five of 19, it's his ankle. When he is 11 of 15, it's nothing."

On the other hand, or foot, Ginobili may have several more ankles than normal the way he ducks and dips and dashes. Something is not connected to the usual connections.

The Nuggets simply have no idea what to do with the creature, though a late disqualifying foul in Game 3 by Carmelo Anthony provides a clue. Anthony suggested that he might have done it sooner.

Ginobili shrugs. "No hard feelings," he said. "It was a tough foul. That's it."

A fair and lasting response from the good citizens of San Antonio continues to inform me of how wrong I am about Ginobili, as if I have anything to do with Ginobili slicing, dicing and, according to Karl, knocking the Nuggets about with impunity.

To think that after several months, a printed apology and an honest appreciation of Ginobili as sort of a freak of South American nature the matter would be moot.

But no hard feelings. I can live with tough fouls, too.

What the Nuggets will have to live with, should they let Ginobili be the reason they lose in the first round, is being done in by a hiccup.

[email protected]

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 02:48 AM
And, by the way, ugly is a kindness, not an insult. Calling Ginobili's game ugly is the same as calling a warthog plain. This guy plays basketball like he's changing tires in a demolition derby, all very quirky and fearless, but irrelevant.

:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 02:50 AM
There has been no stopping Ginobili
By Aaron J. Lopez, Rocky Mountain News
May 2, 2005

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_3745070,00.html

Manu Ginobili is a five-car pileup waiting to happen.

Controlled chaos, emphasis on chaos. Tough, aggressive, fearless, wild and out of control.

There are no shortage of adjectives to describe Ginobili's style on the basketball court, but one stands out above all others in the Western Conference first-round playoff series between the Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs.

Unstoppable.

In three games, the Spurs guard has been the most dominating player, averaging 24 points with astonishing efficiency.

Slashing to the basket with no regard for the inevitable collisions, Ginobili is averaging 40.1 points per 48 minutes and his rate of aggravation might be higher.

Tired of seeing Ginobili drive the lane one more time in Game 3 on Saturday night at the Pepsi Center, Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony sent Ginobili crashing to the floor with 22.5 seconds remaining.

Anthony was ejected for a flagrant foul but later said it was nothing personal. His only regret was not sending a message sooner.

Given Ginobili's stuntman mentality, the timing of Anthony's hit probably was irrelevant.

"That's not going to deter that kid, man, no matter what," Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin said Sunday. "You can hit him in the first quarter or the fourth quarter. It don't matter. Not him. That kid ain't stopping."

Martin, considered one of the NBA's leading tough guys, spoke with a respectful admiration for Ginobili, who is showing the Nuggets what might have been had things turned out differently in the summer.

Before helping Argentina win the gold medal in the Olympics, Ginobili visited Denver as a restricted free agent.

The Nuggets were an intriguing option, but Ginobili never seriously considered leaving San Antonio, and his loyalty was rewarded with a six-year, $52 million contract.

"I wish he was on our team," said Denver center Marcus Camby, who talked with Ginobili on the phone during the recruiting period.

"I tried to persuade him to come out here. He was like, 'Yeah, yeah, Marcus, whatever.' He's a terrific player. I can't take anything away from him."

Ginobili had a vague recollection of the phone call but shrugged when asked if the Nuggets would like to have him now.

"I think they got Kenyon Martin, so it's not like they got nobody," he said. "They still have a great team."

Not great enough to come up with an answer for Ginobili the Conqueror.

So frustrated after watching Ginobili repeatedly bull his way into the paint, Nuggets coach George Karl resorted to calling his style "ugly" and "hard to watch."

Like the hard fouls Ginobili absorbs, the harsh words had little impact.

"I like the style of some players and I don't like some others," Ginobili said. "I just try to do what I do best, contribute to my team.

"Of course, there's some people that's not going to like my game, so as long as (coach Gregg Popovich) and (general manager) R.C. (Buford) likes it, I'll be all right."

Neither Popovich nor Buford was about to let Ginobili get away in free agency, and no one is about to second-guess their commitment.

"He's a taller version of Allen Iverson," Popovich said. "He's fearless. He's a good penetrator and he's not afraid of getting hit. That's a good combination in a player and he does it well."

Though Ginobili remains mentally undeterred by the punishment he takes inside, his body is feeling the effects of a physical series.

He received treatment Sunday for a right groin injury that has bothered him for several weeks and a sore back that was aching from the workload Saturday.

Knowing Ginobili, the nagging injuries or Denver's determination to make him pay a price for going inside will not change his approach in Game 4.

"If I'm on the court, I have to do what I do best and that's try to go hard at the basket," he said. "As long as I can still do it, I will."

His hard-nosed, back-at-you style makes Ginobili a love-him-or-hate-him type of player.

After a 12-hour cooling-off period, Karl said, "I love Manu. He makes the game difficult to play. He makes the game difficult to defend. He makes it difficult to referee. . . . You want him on your side."

Anthony also spoke highly of Ginobili, saying he has respect for his game and his talent.

"Yeah, I love watching him play," Anthony said. "But I don't love watching him play right now because we're playing against him."

There will be no love for at least a few more days.

"At one point they just want to hit him hard and make sure he doesn't come back," San Antonio guard Tony Parker said. "But Manu, he's going to come back. He doesn't care."

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Krieger: Speed might thrill, but no place to run
May 2, 2005

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_3744917,00.html

For those of us who love fast-break basketball, it is a sobering admission. Still, we have to face facts: The Nuggets are looking like Exhibit A in the traditional case that fast-break teams can't win in the playoffs.

Not without Magic Johnson, anyway.

As recently as a few days ago in San Antonio, George Karl was predicting his team would score 100 points against the Spurs once it got home to Denver. In Game 3, at home in Denver, it failed to score 80.

In three games so far, the Nuggets are averaging 82, dead last among the 16 playoff teams and 22 fewer than their average under Karl in the regular season.

"What they've done is they've actually stopped the running game," said Earl Boykins. "They've stopped the running game by executing their offense and by sending back three guys.

"That's how we were scoring during the regular season and they've taken that part of the game away. I think we can beat them playing the slowdown game. We don't want to play that way, but if we have to play that way, I think we can win."

Game 1 aside, not a lot of people agree with him.

"If we can slow the game down," said the Spurs' Tony Parker, "I think it's to our advantage."

So let there be no doubt, all spin aside, the Spurs' plan is to suck the speed out of the Nuggets' game and they're doing it very well.

Unfortunately, it makes for some ugly basketball. I hear Vince McMahon wants Saturday's scrum for a wrestling pay-per-view show.

The high-flying acrobatics that made the Nuggets so much fun to watch in the second half of the season are all but gone. Now you get their laborious half-court offense, which has produced a team shooting percentage of .395, also last among the playoff teams. This by a team that shot .477 for Karl in the regular season.

Hence the dilemma: The NBA is in the entertainment business. There is no question - not here, anyway - that fast, full-court basketball is more entertaining than slow, half-court basketball.

What the Spurs and Pistons do to fast opponents is what the neutral zone trap did to the Avs, if you don't mind a hockey analogy. You can't really object because it works, and every coach's job is to win.

Nevertheless, it raises the question traditionalists always raised about the Nuggets under Doug Moe: Why play a style that won't get you anywhere in the playoffs?

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, whose team represents fast-break basketball's best hope this season, says the entertainment value is part of his calculation.

"I know you have to win, and we definitely want to do that, but it's also entertaining and it's crowd-pleasing, and I just think basketball needs that," he told me in March. "I just think people like the ball flowing and running and showing these athletic moves."

But even if it's ugly, what if the neutral zone trap wins? Is your ultimate obligation to win or to entertain? What would Nuggets fans prefer - a slow, boring team with a chance to go all the way or a fast, exciting team likely to be derailed by the first opponent that can let the air out of the ball?

"I'm not a historian," Karl said. "But I'm also not stupid enough to change a style that got us success (for) a playoff series. I think you've got to be able to play every way. We have won defensive-minded basketball quarters.

"Now, have we come out and played 48 minutes of defense? Probably not. Is that what we have to do? Maybe. Can we do it? I think we can."

That, of course, is conceding the point. If the Nuggets can beat the Spurs only by outplaying them at their own game, you have to wonder if they should have been trying to play that way from the beginning.

Naturally, the people who play the slowdown game don't admit it's ugly. At least, not in public.

"It depends what you think is aesthetic in basketball," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "If sharing the basketball and playing good 'D' and moving on offense are not aesthetic, then we're guilty."

Call it a matter of taste. Denver likes fast-break basketball. Always has, since the days of Larry Brown and the ABA. Unfortunately, Brown and much of basketball have long since gone over to the dark side.

If the Spurs roll over the Nuggets and, eventually, the Suns, we may have to hand it to the traditionalists: In today's NBA, high entertainment and championships just might be mutually exclusive.

whottt
05-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Does this guy have something wrong with him?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2005, 02:56 AM
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_3744914,00.html

I don't know wether this guy likes Ginobili or not! :oops

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 02:56 AM
Does this guy have something wrong with him?

Lincicome? Yes, he's the same guy who went nuts that Manu made the All-Star game and 'Melo didn't.

boutons
05-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Fucking Denver sports "writers", what a bunch of faux-macho scumbags.

And since they're writing what they know their fans want to hear, and taking their cue from the tone set by Karl and his team's comments, the whole fucking team and town needs get taken out of the playoffs ASAP, Wed night at the vary latest.

timvp
05-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Lickthecome might be the worst writer in the history of recorded word.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2005, 03:08 AM
"That's not going to deter that kid, man, no matter what," Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin said Sunday. "You can hit him in the first quarter or the fourth quarter. It don't matter. Not him. That kid ain't stopping."

That has to be the first intelligent thing he's said since the series began!

orhe
05-02-2005, 03:10 AM
i don't get lincicome.
not only is he wrong with ginobili but the his writing style SUCKS

whottt
05-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Why does he struggle to be coherent? It's like he'll almost manage to make a coherent statement and then.....he........just.....................kind.. .............of......................trails....... .......................off.........

into some incromprehensible analogy.

It's really annoying...he is the worst sports writer I have ever seen.

Mr. Body
05-02-2005, 03:22 AM
How did Lincicome manage to make an article about Ginobili to be all about himself, instead?

SilverPlayer
05-02-2005, 03:26 AM
What the Nuggets will have to live with, should they let Ginobili be the reason they lose in the first round, is being done in by a hiccup.

The hiccup of bile as you choke on your own words Asshat?

toosmallshoes
05-02-2005, 03:39 AM
the good news is... Denver HATES Ginobili. That's a sure sign that he is totally whooping their ass physically and mentally.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2005, 03:42 AM
the good news is... Denver HATES Ginobili. That's a sure sign that he is totally whooping their ass physically and mentally.
yeah, but its also a sign that they'll really whoop his ass physically because they can't mentally! :oops

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2005, 06:27 AM
It seems to me that Lincicome, through the haze of appositives, and in the midst of an endless blizzard of nealry-meaningless backtracking mumbojumbo, is writing to Spurs fans -- the Spurs fans who haven't gotten off his back since his anti-Ginobili, all-star column came to light.

Congrats to all who have been hounding the guy. It looks like you may have won!

Solid D
05-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Gino is about as close to a complete player as there is in the NBA. He's probably a top 5 passer. He defends. He rebounds. He can score from anywhere on the floor. He competes. He sees the floor in concepts few do. He has extremely quick reflexes. He has elasticity. He is fearless. He leads.

The article by Lincicome is a production example of someone who is miscast in life's work.

Samr
05-02-2005, 06:34 AM
It's called "penis envy," I believe.

Ginofan
05-02-2005, 07:28 AM
How did Lincicome manage to make an article about Ginobili to be all about himself, instead?

I was wondering the exact same thing! The guy is so full of himself it's hillarious. And his envy of Gino and the way he's punking his beloved Denver Nuggets is too funny for words.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2005, 07:31 AM
I was wondering the exact same thing! The guy is so full of himself it's hillarious. And his envy of Gino and the way he's punking his beloved Denver Nuggets is too funny for words.
LOL Agreed

Rummpd
05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I am back for my once a week or so post = I simply could not stay away when this Denver idiot keeps bashing one of the finest players and men in the game. (Mr. Lincicombe blasted Manu's selection for the all star game and is back at again):

Sent:
Dear Mr. Lincicombe
:
You continue to degrade all the time a world class player in Manu Ginobli, who is rightfully toying with a greatly over-hyped Denver team that in reality is no match for a healthy Spurs team that is beginning to hit its stride again. (Karl’s pathetic whining and several players who deserve to be suspend for thuggish behavior to the contrary). Spurs haven’t even needed one of their best "6th men" this year Brown, or Robinson or many other options. This series is flatly over, it just depends whether or not the Spurs let them steal one more game.

Back to the point = Mr. Ginobli is an OIympic Gold Champion, a former Euro MVP and simply put has been a winner at every level. If he was on team that required scoring he could easily as the first option get 22-25 points per game, but instead he defrays for the good of the team. Plus he is an artist with his passes; he has been clutch time after time when it counts; he is a great defender and; yes he is showing signs of being a budding superstar.

Stop the hate, Ginobli is what Anthony was promised to be, but based on early returns will never reach.

Denver had a chance to get him last year and instead came up with Martin – who in his traditional way is coming up small in the playoffs and making promises he cannot keep. That might have made the difference in Denver between an athletic over-hyped team and a team that has a winner on it, but glad he stayed at least from the perspective of a Spurs fan.

Regards,

PDR

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Gotta share a little secret with you people. Denver's columnists suck.

Plain and simple. Either they go the homer way, the way Lincicome has done, the Krieger way, always cynical or the Kiszla way, which is whatever the tide is flowing...

A few days ago I said I wouldn't apologize for melo15 that proto-troll out of elementary school, but I must apologize for this so called "experts"... They should've known better...

bigbendbruisebrother
05-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Lickthecome might be the worst writer in the history of recorded word.

Big fish, little bowl.

Clandestino
05-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Stop the hate, Ginobli is what Anthony was promised to be, but based on early returns will never reach.

too fucking funny! nice!

Doug Collins
05-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Why does he struggle to be coherent? It's like he'll almost manage to make a coherent statement and then.....he........just.....................kind.. .............of......................trails....... .......................off.........

into some incromprehensible analogy.

It's really annoying...he is the worst sports writer I have ever seen.

Must be the ALTITUDE!.

MadDog73
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Denver likes fast-break basketball. Always has, since the days of Larry Brown and the ABA. Unfortunately, Brown and much of basketball have long since gone over to the dark side.

If the Spurs roll over the Nuggets and, eventually, the Suns, we may have to hand it to the traditionalists: In today's NBA, high entertainment and championships just might be mutually exclusive.

What does everyone else think of this?

I really don't find the Spurs boring at all, in fact, I sometimes get mad when Tony and Manu try an impossible shot when they could've passed to an open man.

That said, it is very exciting when Manu hits an impossible shot!

I think the Spurs are finding a nice blend between a "slow down" and a "fast break" game. To me, it's a perfect balance (when they can hit some shots), but then again what do I know? I'm a Spurs fan.

wildbill2u
05-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Lincicome? Yes, he's the same guy who went nuts that Manu made the All-Star game and 'Melo didn't.

He's just using the acerbic style of some journalists. Supposed to be funny. I think he wants to be the Maureen Dowd of sportswriters.

Hook Dem
05-02-2005, 10:46 AM
It's called "penis envy," I believe.
BINGO!!!!!

EasilyAmused
05-02-2005, 11:06 AM

I never read that article, and I am glad I didn't. At the time, I was soooo happy Manu was an All-Star that any negative article I would've come across, I would have probably ignored.

waly.mg
05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Manu is too inteliggent

Tonight he scores 15 points, not more, but with 7 or 8 assists and 5 or 6 rebounds

Tonight Denver will try to stop him, then it is necessary to make spend them energy in trying it and that Tim kills them

Tonight Timmy can score 30 points

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Cara,

Where the hell did all of your counterparts go? They win a game and are on this board like termites, they lose and well................. they completely disappear. Is that how it happens on Niggets talk too? Anyway minus your gay-ass comments of Fuggets talk good to see you can at least show your face, unlike the rest of those sorry ass "fans".
Cheers.

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Cara,

Where the hell did all of your counterparts go? They win a game and are on this board like termites, they lose and well................. they completely disappear. Is that how it happens on Niggets talk too? Anyway minus your gay-ass comments of Fuggets talk good to see you can at least show your face, unlike the rest of those sorry ass "fans".
Cheers.

SKK,

I think you should do more reading and less smack talking... I'm here, Troy postes comments on other threads about game 3 and even phonzie and warrior showed up...

As for the "gay-ass", "niggets", "fuggets" references I just can't help feeling sorry for you... Sure being a sore loser sucks, but being a classless winner isn't that great either... Please, cut the crap, respect yourself, and mostly your team, by respecting your opponent...

I just hope this instance isn't shared by most of the members of this board and the Spurs fanbase...

Otherwise, you should consider changing the SKK moniker to KKK...

boutons
05-02-2005, 03:49 PM
"by respecting your opponent..."

When the Nuggets start respecting the game and THEIR opponent, then they might deserve respect.

You're preaching to the wrong fucking choir, you confused, ignorant, smug asshole.

And you're in the wrong forum, too. GTFO

nkdlunch
05-02-2005, 03:51 PM
SKK,

I think you should do more reading and less smack talking... I'm here, Troy postes comments on other threads about game 3 and even phonzie and warrior showed up...

As for the "gay-ass", "niggets", "fuggets" references I just can't help feeling sorry for you... Sure being a sore loser sucks, but being a classless winner isn't that great either... Please, cut the crap, respect yourself, and mostly your team, by respecting your opponent...

I just hope this instance isn't shared by most of the members of this board and the Spurs fanbase...

I try to respect the Nuggets myself, but when they act like Karl or Melo its hard. :bang

what do u think of their attitudes?

ladiesman
05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
It is obvious.... Denver writers can't wait for football to start....

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Linicome is a jackass. He starves for a reason to make Ginobili look bad. This dude should be hanged.

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2005, 04:02 PM
new Spurs play for tonight opening possession:

Parker brings the ball down...

Pick and roll with Manu...

Parker hits Manu with the pass and Manu slashes to the basket...

'Melo, Buckner and KMart converge to punish Manu again...Duncan sneaks baseline...

Manu upfakes and then bounce passes the ball through 'Melos legs to Duncan for the thunderous dunk...

take that bitch!...:lol

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I try to respect the Nuggets myself, but when they act like Karl or Melo its hard. :bang

what do u think of their attitudes?

I can understand Melo's frustration, I don't approve his actions or any one that does the same thing for that matter... And that includes some of YOUR players... I just wish people could take their homer glasses off... If the other do it to you it's a travesty, if one of your players do it, it's playing hard and showing some "attitude"... I'm sick and tired of these nonsense, from either side... People should start focusing in playing more basketball

As for Karl, I can't thank him enough for turning around this team... He's a great coach and he has proved that before, he's not yet a proven "winner" in terms of titles, but whatever, he's way better than what had in Denver before... But I won't take back what I said back in the day when the rumors started popping about he taking over the Nuggets... Karl "only" problem is that he thinks he's way better than he is... He basically thinks he's the bullet that killed Kennedy... He's too involved in his own greatness sometimes... But I can't (and no one can) overlook what he has done to this team...

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 04:06 PM

When the Nuggets start respecting the game and THEIR opponent, then they might deserve respect.

You're preaching to the wrong fucking choir, you confused, ignorant, smug asshole.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I've come here since day one trying to talk basketball and that's the exact crap I read everywhere...

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
My E-mail to Linifuck:

Linicome, how old are you? I think I am even more mature than you and I'm 15...and I don't know how the hell you got your job, but then again you probably live in Denver.
You look for any single reason to bash on Ginobili. NO ONE compared him to Jordan or Iverson. Pop said that Manu is a bigger version of AI, but he does not necessrily mean that he is as good as AI.

You're just like all of the Nugget players, you're a whiny bitch. Are you related to Melo or K-Fuck by any chance? Just curious...

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Boutons (and others), it's not your place to make posts like this. TroyF and Cara have not caused trouble or "trolled" at all here (again, I don't care what they do on their own forum) and they seem to know basketball.

Please, check yourself.

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 04:15 PM
new Spurs play for tonight opening possession:

Parker brings the ball down...

Pick and roll with Manu...

Parker hits Manu with the pass and Manu slashes to the basket...

'Melo, Buckner and KMart converge to punish Manu again...Duncan sneaks baseline...

Manu upfakes and then bounce passes the ball through 'Melos legs to Duncan for the thunderous dunk...

take that bitch!...:lol

I can see that happening... Well untill the finish... "Duncan" and "thunderous dunk" should hardly be paired in the same sentence... Duncan is great at what he does, probably the best... But he's no power dunker...

samikeyp
05-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Just because he doesn't do it alot....doesn't mean he can't.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 04:22 PM
TimmyD doesn't have the hops to be a power dunker. But he can throw down a good one every once in a while.

nkdlunch
I can understand Melo's frustration, I don't approve his actions or any one that does the same thing for that matter... And that includes some of YOUR players... I just wish people could take their homer glasses off... If the other do it to you it's a travesty, if one of your players do it, it's playing hard and showing some "attitude"... I'm sick and tired of these nonsense, from either side... People should start focusing in playing more basketball

As for Karl, I can't thank him enough for turning around this team... He's a great coach and he has proved that before, he's not yet a proven "winner" in terms of titles, but whatever, he's way better than what had in Denver before... But I won't take back what I said back in the day when the rumors started popping about he taking over the Nuggets... Karl "only" problem is that he thinks he's way better than he is... He basically thinks he's the bullet that killed Kennedy... He's too involved in his own greatness sometimes... But I can't (and no one can) overlook what he has done to this team...

OUR players don't make comments like Melo's: "I should have hit him earlier" or K-Mart's various retarded ones. And our coach doesn't single out opposing players saying they're making the game ugly. I think u should take your glasses off and recognize there's some real punks in your team.

Cara De Dedão
My E-mail to Linifuck:

Linicome, how old are you? I think I am even more mature than you and I'm 15...and I don't know how the hell you got your job, but then again you probably live in Denver.
You look for any single reason to bash on Ginobili. NO ONE compared him to Jordan or Iverson. Pop said that Manu is a bigger version of AI, but he does not necessrily mean that he is as good as AI.

You're just like all of the Nugget players, you're a whiny bitch. Are you related to Melo or K-Fuck by any chance? Just curious...

I agree with you that Lincicome is as biased as they come, and incoherent with his analisys, to say the least... But you really shouldn't go out there claiming to be more mature than someone calling him a "whinny bitch" and using expressions like "K-Fuck"... It only reinforces your 15-year-old imaturity...

Hmmm... I see you guys here have your own melo15...

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
OUR players don't make comments like Melo's: "I should have hit him earlier" or K-Mart's various retarded ones. And our coach doesn't single out opposing players saying they're making the game ugly. I think u should take your glasses off and recognize there's some real punks in your team.

You misunderstood me... I'm not talking about their remarks (I can "understand" Melo's because he's still a spoiled imature kid)... I'm talking about actions... The generalized thuggery, or physical game if you want to call it that way...

T Park
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Denver fans are the most blind fans I've ever seen.

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Denver fans are the most blind fans I've ever seen.
:fro

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I agree with you that Lincicome is as biased as they come, and incoherent with his analisys, to say the least... But you really shouldn't go out there claiming to be more mature than someone calling him a "whinny bitch" and using expressions like "K-Fuck"... It only reinforces your 15-year-old imaturity...

Hmmm... I see you guys here have your own melo15...
:lol I know, but I already have e-mail this trash bag before after another one of his Manu-bashing articles, and I spent a lot of time on that e-mail, and I wasn't immature at all on it. I was just being an asshole to on this article because he is one too.

Linifuck obviously didn't learn his lesson the first time, so I wasn't going to waste more time with him.

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I seriously wonder how this dude got his job, I mean, his articles are the most unprofessional ever. As a professional, how are you going to base your career on articles that call out players, and talking smack on them?

Linicome is just a jealous mother fucker...he is jealous that no one is saying "Melo is the next MJ!!!" and he is jealous that melo didn't make the all-star team, and thank god he didn't.

nkdlunch
05-02-2005, 04:57 PM
You misunderstood me... I'm not talking about their remarks (I can "understand" Melo's because he's still a spoiled imature kid)... I'm talking about actions... The generalized thuggery, or physical game if you want to call it that way...

Oh ok. I agree I haven't seen any on-the-court action from the nuggets that would make me hate them yet, except maybe playing bad basketball :lol That Melo foul was rough but I've seen worse. But off the court some of them behave like real bitches, that's why I don't like them.

You seem like a good fan, why don't u switch sides. Leave the dark side.

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
You seem like a good fan, why don't u switch sides. Leave the dark side.

I'm cool...

:fro

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I seriously wonder how this dude got his job, I mean, his articles are the most unprofessional ever. As a professional, how are you going to base your career on articles that call out players, and talking smack on them?

Linicome is just a jealous mother fucker...he is jealous that no one is saying "Melo is the next MJ!!!" and he is jealous that melo didn't make the all-star team, and thank god he didn't.

Ah, you'll learn in time, Alvarez, that what's good in the newspaper business is not necessarily the accuracy of your analysis, but it's ability to stir conversation and sell papers (or get hits on a website).

What you don't see is that by e-mailing Lincicome, you reinforce the reason that his employer pays him a salary -- he wrote something that made you respond, which means that you read, which means that you (or someone else) bought a paper or pass through their website, which creates profit for the paper.

You can write him all you want -- and I'll guarantee that you'll never convince him by being overtly confrontational; if you want to convince, you must be both rational and logical -- but he's just laughing as he hits erase on his e-mail and endorses his next paycheck.

timvp
05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Ah, you'll learn in time, Alvarez, that what's good in the newspaper business is not necessarily the accuracy of your analysis, but it's ability to stir conversation and sell papers (or get hits on a website).

What you don't see is that by e-mailing Lincicome, you reinforce the reason that his employer pays him a salary -- he wrote something that made you respond, which means that you read, which means that you (or someone else) bought a paper or pass through their website, which creates profit for the paper.

You can write him all you want -- and I'll guarantee that you'll never convince him by being overtly confrontational; if you want to convince, you must be both rational and logical -- but he's just laughing as he hits erase on his e-mail and endorses his next paycheck.

Yep.

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2005, 06:06 PM

I may be wrong, but I've yet to see any Spur take a flagrant foul (or even a technical foul) in this series.

Physical play is not thuggish -- thuggish play (to me at least) means playing with an intent to injure (or at least an understanding that your actions might result in injury). To most people, that would include things like flagrantly throwing elbows to clear out (as opposed to incidental contact with an elbow), throwing driving players to the floor by grabbing the neck and pulling, throwing close-fisted punches, and taking shots at airborne players. Now, I wonder which of these teams has done any of those things?

I think the complaining about officiating is unseemly. The officials didn't hold the Nuggets under 40% on Saturday and didn't keep them under 80 in the last two games, in the same way that the officials had nothing to do with the Spurs going 0-for-17 in the 4th Quarter of Game 1 (when, by the way, the Nuggets outshot the Spurs 30-19 from the free throw line -- why is it that Nuggets fans seem to conveniently forget that fact; and isn't it curious that Gregg Popovich never once complained about the officials or said anything about bad whistles at home).

Jimcs50
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Spurs must play through all the crap tonight because everytime a coach or Cuban complained about Bowen or someone, that player got fucked in his next game...just as Yao did in the last game....it always happens.

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Oh, I'd fully expect that the whistles will be out tonight early against the Spurs. I'd expect that Manu will get laid out at one point without a call and Bowen will see some form of foul trouble, while Carmello marches to the line repeatedly. It's like clockwork. Up to the Spurs to play through that stuff and play hard-nosed, intense basketball.

Spurminator
05-02-2005, 06:19 PM
My thoughts exactly, FWD... Tonight, more than ever, we need a huge game from Duncan. And a breakout game by our PG wouldn't hurt.

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2005, 06:30 PM

:lol What a fucker...just look at the dude...
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/images/columnists/lincicome.jpg
What a fuckface...you can tell he's full of shit just from looking at him.

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2005, 06:40 PM

Good to see you're learning. :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
05-02-2005, 06:45 PM
:spin
Good to see you're learning. :rolleyes

Marhq
05-02-2005, 06:50 PM
What a moron, I can't believe he brought up the war in a basketball article. The guy is just blinded by hate.

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 07:11 PM

Thanks Boutons, Does this clear things up Cara? Go ahead look at my message history, you and your dumbass kin are the first to have ever instigated me to become derogatory. The saddest part of all of this is I was, albeit indirectly, giving you props for showing up ( moreso than these two you bring up.)

think you should do more reading and less smack talking... I'm here, Troy postes comments on other threads about game 3 and even phonzie and warrior showed up...

Oh yeah your right, but ummmmmmmm, is it just me or is there a HUGE difference in the tone of their messages after Game 1 than after Game 3? Moreover where the fuck were you in the beginning of the season? Shit if your such a class act why haven't you been here sticking up for your team during the regular season? I don't recall seeing your sorry ass until after you had some tiny bit of leverage with that one little Game 1 win. Lakergod and Wolves 009 are better fucking fans than you, hell how about you change your name to "Fairweather Nugz Fan"?

Yeah from what I gather we do respect our opponent hence there isn't a Tim21 troll on your sorry ass little message board. Moreover we don't throw your player to the fucking ground in the closing minutes of a lost game, YOU DESERVE NO RESPECT!!
Please don't give me the red carpet to dig up the link about the pathetic crap you were talking on Fuggets talk (which you didn't have the balls to post here.) Yeah I called them "Fuggets"! Why you ask? Because that's what they are, Melo is fucking sore pathetic loser (not me) and your coach (not sure I can even fathom calling him that) is the biggest whiner since Adelman.
The rest of your team isn't even worth a fucking keystroke.

Enjoy the years ahead and get used to hearing: GINOBILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Kori I couldn't contain myself (not much for Fairweathers) I'll behave.
i.e. a more composed rebuttle

Sorry I just read this line and had to laugh:

Ummm you typed SKK, my screen name is Spurs košarka kultura but your right I guess I could change to Kerr košarka kultura. GOT RINGS?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Lickthecome sounds like he just randomly flipped through a dictionary and picked words he didn't understand.

That article of his was nothing more than one long, incoherent, penis-envy filled ramble.

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM
penis-envy

Word of the day. :lol

E20
05-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I just got it

"Lick-the-cum"
!!!!!!!

GrandeDavid
05-02-2005, 08:11 PM
What a hack this moron is! I'm guessing this idiot did not watch Argentina once during their run to the gold medal. Good grief. Spurs, get rid of this team as soon as possible.

Samr
05-02-2005, 08:17 PM
http://img140.echo.cx/img140/2962/grinch27nv.gif

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Well Cara I went searching to find a recent post by your fellow "fans" and this is what I've come up with:

i hope manu hits the floor on the opening tip

edit: bah forgot hes a bench scrub now..well, how about the first time he steps on the floor
That well educated remark was by your boy warri0r in the Denver Crowd thread.
Your right you guys do respect us don't you?

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah your right, but ummmmmmmm, is it just me or is there a HUGE difference in the tone of their messages after Game 1 than after Game 3?

What difference? Quote me if I said anything other than calling it real... As I said after game 1 and still hold it now is that "The Nuggets had a slight chance of pulling this off... But for that I said we needed to win all our home games... I said if the Spurs got a split it would be over in 6... The only thing I said before, that people have disagreed so far is that the Nuggets have yet to show their game... And I stand by that... And I'll say it again, the Nuggets haven't play their best game... Due to inexperience, lack of execution, your defense.. There are several aspects that factor in it...

Moreover where the fuck were you in the beginning of the season? Shit if your such a class act why haven't you been here sticking up for your team during the regular season? I don't recall seeing your sorry ass until after you had some tiny bit of leverage with that one little Game 1 win. Lakergod and Wolves 009 are better fucking fans than you, hell how about your change your name to "Fairweather Nugz Fan"?

IN the beginning of the season I was worried with the general crappy state of the Nuggets... Yep, they sucked then, pretty bad... There are 30 teams on this league I wont join 29 other boards when the team I care about is one... There's no point whatsoever... And as I've said before I got to know about this board days before game 1, through some of your members that registered at our board... Mainly, GinoFan and Summers (Jen)... And I've lurked here even before the series started... I just posted after Game 1 not due to being a fairweather fan, but because since I'm in Brazil and I don't'get all the games live I had to wait until I could download the game to get a first hand perspective... (I know you asked to keep this subject off limits, Kori... I apologize for this... I have ESPN, and they're not showing every game... Of the Nuggets-Spurs series they'll broadcast only games 3 and 5)... And even then I never trolled or posted anything that could be considered disrespectful here...

Yeah from what I gather we do respect our opponent hence there isn't a Tim21 troll on your sorry ass little message board. Moreover we don't throw your player to the fucking ground in the closing minutes of a lost game, YOU DESERVE NO RESPECT!!
Please don't give me the red carpet to dig up the link about the pathetic crap you were talking on Fuggets talk (which you didn't have the balls to post here.)

You should go back there and check again, we've received a couple of trolls lately... And yes, feel free to dig up my posts at Nuggets Talk... I stand by what I said... As posted here earlier on another thread I created a poll there with the title Heckling Timmy in "Brazilian" based on a column by Bill Simmons... It had some really silly stuff there, from "kindergarden" cursing to hardcore sexual references... I posted it... I did it to get some laughs out of it... I do have respect for Duncan the athlete, and I know nothing about his personal life, read all the thread and you see how "lightly" we "trash-talk" from there... Us and some of your members...

GOT RINGS?

Nope, I haven't... Zip, zero, nada, none... You got two, I respect that... The Nuggets are almost a "teen" team (coming from the ABA), just like the Spurs, I have simpathy for you guys because of that... But you shouldn't go on rubbing your rings like that on other people faces... You got your rings, good for you, bad for us... But you're not exactly the Celtics or, thank god, the Lakers...

nkdlunch
05-02-2005, 08:57 PM

:lol :lol

nkdlunch
05-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Well Cara I went searching to find a recent post by your fellow "fans" and this is what I've come up with:

That well educated remark was by your boy warri0r in the Denver Crowd thread.
Your right you guys do respect us don't you?

why u blaming him for something his retarded boy wrote??

Samr
05-02-2005, 09:01 PM

Seriously, that ass he has for a chin should give you a fairly good indication of what type person he really is.

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 09:02 PM
First off, I must say your rebuttle is quite respectful, however, you seem to be missing my point. YOUR tone hasen't changed thus I wasn't talking about you, if fact, and again I quote "I was indirectly giving you props" i.e. Seperating you from your immature counterparts. If you read my quote you will notice it says: " tone of THEIR messages. " not YOUR messages. Second there is no need to post on 29 of 30, but you have to admit its a little ironic when the Nuggets beat us in one game and all of a sudden this board is flooded with "Nuggets in 6" and "Duncan sucks" and "Manu is a flopper, people all around the league hate him, only Spurs fans like him." Don't you think? I mean yeah you know your Nuggets weren't doing great in the beginning, but just think how damn smart you would have looked had you been here since the start of the season. I know I'd respect you (hell I've only been on this board since Feb. but I think there were enough Spurs fans here already :spin ) Third as far as Spurs trolls on other boards go, were they really BEFORE this series started? Fourth and final the GOT RINGS? saying was spurred by your KKK comment, which I must say was a little below the belt. However in the interest of keeping this board the way it should be I apologize and will no longer hate on you granted you keep the takes solid as I will attempt to do.

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
why u blaming him for something his retarded boy wrote??

Not blaming, illuminating. He was sticking up for his fellow fans saying they have been posting after Game 1, granted the takes after Game 1 weren't great they were more mature than the ones the Nugget fans have been posting lately ( barring Cara), minus that Melo15 faggot.

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Second there is no need to post on 29 of 30, but you have to admit its a little ironic when the Nuggets beat us in one game and all of a sudden this board is flooded (...) Don't you think? I mean yeah you know your Nuggets weren't doing great in the beginning, but just think how damn smart you would have looked had you been here since the start of the season.

But that's exactly why I'm posting here now... Not because we BEAT you, but because we happened to be playing you now... I don't know how much I'd wanted to be posting on a Sonics or Suns board right now... Thus, if I'd known that we'd end up playing you guys on the 1st round, maybe I would've come by earlier... I'm not a phychic... yet...

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 09:17 PM
But that's exactly why I'm posting here now... Not because we BEAT you, but because we happened to be playing you now... I don't know how much I'd wanted to be posting on a Sonics or Suns board right now... Thus, if I'd known that we'd end up playing you guys on the 1st round, maybe I would've come by earlier... I'm not a phychic... yet...

Yeah but we all know who's got the best damn board in the league don't we? I kid or do I? Really though I see more fans of other teams on this board than any other, Lakers, Suns, Hawks :lol , Pistons, Bucks, Knicks, and this one has by far the most diverse amount of posters out there.

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah but we all know who's got the best damn board in the league don't we? I kid or do I? Really though I see more fans of other teams on this board than any other, Lakers, Suns, Hawks :lol , Pistons, Bucks, Knicks, and this one has by far the most diverse amount of posters out there.

That's as questionable as Manu's calls :p

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 09:30 PM
:lol So I guess it would take us trading for Nene to get you on the wagon huh? Oh well good to see you are a true fan, your not going to jet when the series is over are you? By the way is that dumbfuck Melo15 still allowed on the Nuggets board?

Cara De Dedão
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
:lol So I guess it would take us trading for Nene to get you on the wagon huh? Oh well good to see you are a true fan, your not going to jet when the series is over are you? By the way is that dumbfuck Melo15 still allowed on the Nuggets board?

I'm already hooked on this team... Go figure, a couple of seasons of pain is all it takes... Melo15 is dispised even at our board... I pitty the kid, he's not the brightest of the kids... I'd be affraid if the future of your country lays on the hands of a couple of hundred thousand kids like him...

Spurs košarka kultura
05-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Tell me about it, add in the fact that in 10 years there will be 1 billion people in China smarter than us, but people would rather bitch about gas prices and sue each other.

waly.mg
05-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Manu is too inteliggent

Tonight he scores 15 points, not more, but with 7 or 8 assists and 5 or 6 rebounds

Tonight Denver will try to stop him, then it is necessary to make spend them energy in trying it and that Tim kills them

Tonight Timmy can score 30 points

AHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

IN REGULAR TIME MANU SCORES 18 AND TIMMY 37

GEORGE KARL IS AN S--PID A--HOLE

If he want to stop Manu, you are a suicide

Manu is the Hook, and Karl bit the Hook

But the Silence Killer is always Tim Duncan

If Timmy isn´t your first option in defense, he is going to kick your ass