PDA

View Full Version : I officially love Goran Dragic now...

pauls931
03-05-2010, 08:04 AM
The real one, not the Troll...

And I still love Nash (suck it DoK). However it's now apparent for the Suns to have any success and a bench worth a damn, they need this kid healthy. Having Grant Hill run the offense doesn't work and playing Nash 30+ minutes does not work.

Also looking at the minutes last night everything was out of whack with the starters logging huge minutes because the bench could not contribute.

Also I have not problem in situations like vs guards that go after nash if Gentry would play Dragic for more minutes than Stevo where it makes sense like perhaps last night's game vs Jazz (something is wrong with your team if you lose vs Jazz on your homecourt). Get a big lead, put dragic in and tell him to go after the other guard on D.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2010, 09:00 AM
whose the better spot up shooter between the 2?

maybe one of them can play sg or someshit....

DAF86
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
whose the better spot up shooter between the 2?

maybe one of them can play sg or someshit....

Between Nash and Dragic you mean? Nash. Nash is arguably the best shooter on the league.

pauls931
03-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Nash is definitely the best shooter and passer, but Dragic is more athletic and can play D, also tends to drive harder. The bench simply plays much better with him around putting the hurt on other team's benches.

Such as last night, when the suns had a big lead, he'd probably have gone it and put the hurt on the Jazz backup PG giving nash more rest and protecting the lead. The Suns starters logged way too many minutes for being the 4th game in 5 nights.

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Nash is definitely the best shooter and passer, but Dragic is more athletic and can play D, also tends to drive harder. The bench simply plays much better with him around putting the hurt on other team's benches.

Such as last night, when the suns had a big lead, he'd probably have gone it and put the hurt on the Jazz backup PG giving nash more rest and protecting the lead. The Suns starters logged way too many minutes for being the 4th game in 5 nights.

Steve Trash is shooting 42.9% post AS break. He's no longer the better shooter. I know he has the convenient injury excuse created everytime he shoots poorly but that's bullshit. And yeah, Nash is the better assist getter, but as far as not holding onto the ball and being willing to pass it to a team on a set play knowing it might not result in an assist opportunity, Dragic has Nash killed.

The bench doesn't just play harder with Dragic out there, the starters do too.

Jeremy
03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Steve Trash is shooting 42.9% post AS break. He's no longer the better shooter. I know he has the convenient injury excuse created everytime he shoots poorly but that's bullshit. And yeah, Nash is the better assist getter, but as far as not holding onto the ball and being willing to pass it to a team on a set play knowing it might not result in an assist opportunity, Dragic has Nash killed.

The bench doesn't just play harder with Dragic out there, the starters do too.

You really think that his bad back does not affect his shooting? And if he's not really injured why did they sit him out of a game?

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
And if he's not really injured why did they sit him out of a game?

The Suns are really dedicated to creating excuses for him. I'm impressed, if they could show half the dedication to winning as they do for creating excuses for him they might have a championship by now.

Jeremy
03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
The Suns are really dedicated to creating excuses for him. I'm impressed, if they could show half the dedication to winning as they do for creating excuses for him they might have a championship by now.

So when he comes back from the 6-day break making all his shots, you'll say that's just a coincidence?

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
So when he comes back from the 6-day break making all his shots, you'll say that's just a coincidence?

The all star break was a huge break and he's been missing all his shots since then. Believe it or not, Steve Nash isn't god, he's capable of sucking without injuries.

Xylus
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM

This post reeks of bullshit. Anyone with eyes who isn't blatantly biased against Nash can see that he's hurt.

Hurt or not, the importance of Dragic can't be understated. We need him back in the worst way.

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
This post reeks of bullshit. Anyone with eyes who isn't blatantly biased against Nash can see that he's hurt.

Hurt or not, the importance of Dragic can't be understated. We need him back in the worst way.

I see Nash as getting old. Injuries such as the lacerated coochie Nash has tend to have a bigger effect when you're older. Sunfan with Nash is becoming as ridiculous as Spurfan with Parker.

When Nash plays well: he's the greatest
When Nash plays poorly: oh he must be injured

mojorizen7
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
:lol Awesome.
Porter was fired because Nash wasn't having any fun.
Shaq was traded because Nash wasn't able to hold the ball and do his thing.
Nash was extended bcause Nash wanted to be extended.
Grant Hill came back another year because Nash wanted him to.
The SUNS have reserved themselves to Fun&Gun because Nash has lowered his goals to just that....that means the SUNS have lowered their expectations.
The only time Nash hasn't gotten his way was when Kerr shipped out Nashy's buddy Raja Bell and his faded game.

Nash isn't the reason this team failed during the title run, but he is the reason this team will remain irrelevant and stuck in mediocrity land at least till the day he retires....which will probably be another 5 fucking years i'm guessing.

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Nash isn't the reason this team failed during the title run, but he is the reason this team will remain irrelevant and stuck in mediocrity land at least till the day he retires

This. From 2005-2007 he had maybe the best 3 year run of any player in franchise history, but has done more harm than good since then.

Xylus
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I see Nash as getting old. Injuries such as the lacerated coochie Nash has tend to have a bigger effect when you're older. Sunfan with Nash is becoming as ridiculous as Spurfan with Parker.

When Nash plays well: he's the greatest
When Nash plays poorly: oh he must be injured

I'm not making excuses for Nash. I've never been a Nash homer. Everyone knows I'm an Amare homer. :lol

But he went from playing really well to really poorly in a very quick time, which to me indicates an injury. Players usually don't get struck by old age so quickly.

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm not making excuses for Nash. I've never been a Nash homer. Everyone knows I'm an Amare homer. :lol

But he went from playing really well to really poorly in a very quick time, which to me indicates an injury. Players usually don't get struck by old age so quickly.

If Nash is injured, then I fault him for not adjusting his game at all while he's injured. If his injuries prevent him from making his circus fadeaways then he has no reason to keep shooting his circus fadeaways. My view is that if he feels he's healthy enough to keep attempting the same high risk high reward shots and passes then he's not injured to badly.

mojorizen7
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Players usually don't get struck by old age so quickly.
I did....and yes, i used to be known as "a playa."
:toast

Kamnik
03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I seriously hope by some miracle Nash won't be a Sun next season...

I would prefer to watch a young team getting better and better than an old team getting worse and worse.

Amare, Dragic, Lopez, Dudley and decent SF that would be aquired during summer could be a great starting 5 next year. Offcourse I coun't that Dragic and Lopez will continue getting better.

Also switching Gentry for some good coach wouldn't hurt... (or Kerr/owner.... fuck fun&gun)

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't call the Suns an old team but Nash is def. holding the development of the team back given how much the ball is in his hands.

Killakobe81
03-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow. I know Nash sucks on "d" even as an MVP I thought that was a huge hole in his reume. And i love Dragic's game. BUT not sure he is ready to keep the suns in the hunt like a healthy Nash can ...

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Wow. I know Nash sucks on "d" even as an MVP I thought that was a huge hole in his reume. And i love Dragic's game. BUT not sure he is ready to keep the suns in the hunt like a healthy Nash can ...

The suns aren't in the hunt......they're a rebuilding team with or without nash.

Jeremy
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
The all star break was a huge break and he's been missing all his shots since then. Believe it or not, Steve Nash isn't god, he's capable of sucking without injuries.

You're just being a Nash hater and aren't being objective.

The All-Star break was not a huge break, in fact it was no break at all for Nash. It was constant travel/Olympics/Saturday night competition after flying in early that morning from Vancouver/starting in the All-Star game on Sunday.

He has to have significant down time, in Phoenix, where the training/medical staff can help him get his slipped vertebra back into place.

He won't be shooting poorly after this break. You'll see.

And, like Xylus, I'm not a Nash homer. I think he takes too many minutes away from Dragic.

I'm just being realistic. Nash is injured and yes you can tell by his shooting percentages (over a significant period of time, at least).

Latest Nash news: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/03/05/20100305suns-steve-nash-hurting.html

skut_farkus
03-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Dragic > God

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Nash chose to do that Olympics bullshit. Shame on him if being overractive during the AS break fucked up his performance for the team that pays him.

Goran Dragic
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Latest Nash news: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/03/05/20100305suns-steve-nash-hurting.html

:lmao big fuckin surprise. Nash has a 7 turnover game and his little lap dog Paul Coro writes about how injured he is.

pauls931
03-06-2010, 08:07 AM
:lmao big fuckin surprise. Nash has a 7 turnover game and his little lap dog Paul Coro writes about how injured he is.

I heard he hurt his back having to carry you.