PDA

View Full Version : I resigned from my job at the mall

Pages : [1] 2 3

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 12:52 PM
March 26 is my last day. :toast

This is a change I have wanted to make for a long time. And I am so thrilled and grateful that my time has finally come. :D

Fabbs
03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Congratulations.

What will you now do with the time previously spent at mall job?

clambake
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
this is about that little kid with small bills......isn't it?

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 01:22 PM
My primary desire is to devote much more time to caring for my husband, our home, and building relationships with our family. This has been something that has been very difficult to do since I have had two jobs for the past five years.

My husband, Bo graciously allows me to help him with his work, since organizing is something I very much like.
Bo is doing great in his job and doesn't need any assistance from me, but I greatly enjoy helping in things that matter to Bo.

Household duties aside, I am going to use the extra time to take some chances.
This summer I would like to try to get roles as an extra in a movie. I did this once before but have been so bogged down with work, I have not had the oppportunity to do it again.

I am a staff member for the youth newsletter at my church. But I have been so busy I have only had time to contribute articles. I look forward to having more time to socialize with the other writers and build those friendships.

I am very relieved to no longer have to juggle holiday get togethers with family around two job schedules. That was a real strain this past year.

So the short answer to your question is that for the first few months I am just going to enjoy finally having some time.

Some of my time is spoken for as I am still employed at the AT&T Center in a part time job there. But I thinking working some will be a better balance for me than either working all the time or working not at all, since I have no kids at home to care for.

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
this is about that little kid with small bills......isn't it?

:lol I was waiting for that.

I am thankful God gave me the wisdom to quit while I still:
1) Have my sanity intact
2) While I am still on good terms with my employers
3) Am not a parent and have time to pursue some personal goals, that I might not have time or money for once I have a baby.

Bo has been so helpful and encouraging throughout this process. He helped me weigh out my options, prioritize, and come up with a plan of action. And he has supported me 100% every step of the way. I am very blessed.

I am grateful to Back to Basics also. He really helped me understand my own mind when he asked me to write the "Modern Woman" post.
I have struggled great with working so much (until now I had two jobs) because I have felt constantly torn. With so many responsibilities I have not excelled either at home or at work.
Actually in recent days my performance at my mall job has been uncharacteristically sub par- which I know is evidence of the mental strain I put myself under by overcommitting myself.

This decision is the best one for everyone involved- even the little boy with all the $1 bills. :)

koriwhat
03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
good luck to you and bo. as much as i don't agree with certain aspects of your investment in religion i do however and sincerely think you and bo are great people and wish nothing but good fortune to both of you.

Dex
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Wtg, angel_luv. I hope you went out Scarface style.

wkcoobYUu8g

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 01:39 PM
good luck to you and bo. as much as i don't agree with certain aspects of your investment in religion i do however and sincerely think you and bo are great people and wish nothing but good fortune to both of you.

That is so kind. Thank you very much! I wish you well also. :)

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Wtg, angel_luv. I hope you went out Scarface style.

wkcoobYUu8g

:lol For my job I am required to use a radio ( which I just realized I forgot to turn on again! Oops)

I was teasing Bo that on my last day I am going to take the radio and hide somewhere in the mall and use the radio to sing show tunes in farewell to all my co-workers. :lol

marini martini
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Am so happy for you Angel. Things will work out for the better if you're not so stressed over working so much. Everything will work out for you and Bo, and I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your accomplishments in the future. Good luck!:toast

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Thank you! :)

biological clock
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Use your time wisely!

CosmicCowboy
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
You'll be barefoot and pregnant in no time!

tlongII
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Congrats Angel! Enjoy life!

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Good for you for having the guts to take a big step towards what you want out of life. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Starting March 27 any time you post I'm sure there will plenty of us here to remind you to get back in the kitchen.

PM5K
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I feel so badly for Bo, he doesn't know what he's gotten himself into.

Having said that, you don't resign from a job at the mall, you just quit.

Blake
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Woo hoo! Bo must be making the big $$ now.

Go back to school, imo.

BadOdor
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Taking care of the household and pumping out babies is what you christian wifes fo, no?:married:

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Good for you for having the guts to take a big step towards what you want out of life. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Starting March 27 any time you post I'm sure there will plenty of us here to remind you to get back in the kitchen.

Thanks very much SFIE.

Thanks all for your kind words.

:lol about the kitchen. I thought about this change a lot when I was reading the Ketchup thread. Since I will just now be learning how to cook, Bo may be needing some for our first few homemade meals. :lol

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM

I guess.

Everyone that I work for/ with here has been so kind and supportive.

The executive manager just spoke to me on the phone and was so kind and gracious to me. She told me I am welcome to return to work at the mall anytime and that everyone supports me in doing what is best for me.
I really appreciate my manager having taken the time to encourage me because she did not have to.

Dick Hardigan
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Preggers.

angel_luv
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Nope.

PM5K
03-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Just sounds like a bad idea. He's going to be working his ass off to support you and himself, and you're going to be screwing around trying to be an extra in a movie. How long before he starts to resent you for that?

There are a lot of other ways this can go wrong as well.

wife #7
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
taking care of the household and pumping out babies is what you christian wifes fo, no?:married:

+1

Bigzax
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
BKPoHgKcqag

thispego
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM

ROFLROFLROFL :lmao I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME THING

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Just sounds like a bad idea. He's going to be working his ass off to support you and himself, and you're going to be screwing around trying to be an extra in a movie. How long before he starts to resent you for that?

There are a lot of other ways this can go wrong as well.

I understand and appreciate your perspective. All the above are questions I have wrestled with and more importantly are ones I have posed to Bo.

I will be retaining my Spurs job, so I will be working part of the year. And Bo has a job in which if he has my extra pair of hands to help it will be all the more profitable to his business.

Now that I will be home, I will be able to cook our meals which will save us a ton of money since we won't feel compelled to dine out all the time.

Being a movie extra actually pays so I would make money doing that. I don't mean being an extra like one in a crowd of a hundred or whatever. I would work with an agency that sends select people to shoots and those people get paid to be there.
It may not work out for me, but I want to try it.

If anything, I am too responsible. I am certainly not going to strain either Bo or our finances. I would never leave or take any job unless Bo was in complete agreement with me.

I left the mall on good terms and it is not like my salary there was so extravagant that I could not make the same elsewhere if necessary. We have thought this through.

The way I see it, there will always be a stack of good reasons to stick to the status quo. But to go somewhere new you have to venture into the unknown.

Bo and I think that this a good move for us as a family. If we are wrong, we will scrap it and do something else.

What we do know for sure is that my working so much has been an incredible strain on Bo and I. Our current set up has not been working for us and we are both excited to make this change.

Until now Bo and I never got a full day off to spend together because we both have had crazy work schedules. Though we are off from work on Sundays, we have had to use that day to run all the errands we couldn't do during the week because we were at work. With me at home, all Bo will have to do is go to work ( and he loves his job) and come home and relax.

Yes, quitting a job is a risk. But sometimes a risky move pays off big.

Crookshanks
03-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Good for you angel_luv! Building a strong marriage is much more important than money. It sounds like you and Bo have really thought this out - and since he's 100% behind your decision, that's all that matters. God will bless you, and you'll probably be amazed at the differences in your marriage, your emotional well-being, and your life in general.

Good luck with learning to cook - it still surprises me how many young women today don't know how to cook. Maybe it's a by-product of mothers working out of the home so much in the last couple of generations. My daughter is a great cook - and my son-in-law is very grateful to me that I taught her so well! One of my daughters-in-law is learning to cook - so I'm making a notebook of all my son's favorite recipes, as well as other family recipes. She's made a few, and she's doing a very good job - I'm proud of her.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Thank you, Crookshanks.

My mom is an excellent cook. But since she is a missionary in China and is only in town twice a year ( for a month each time), I can't call her over to help me.
But my father-in-law and Bo's granny are both fantastic cooks, so I can learn a lot from them.

Mom says I used to be a great cook when I was a teenager. But it has been a good decade since I have made anything from scratch.
I have lived on my own and worked so much that take-out was more convenient for me.
But hopefully cooking skills are inside me just waiting to be resurrected.

:)

balli
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
This. Resigning is something disgraced CEO's and board members do. Not cashiers.

baseline bum
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Since you're into studying the bible and will have some free time, you may want to check these courses whose video is posted online:

Yale: Introduction to the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) (http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/introduction-to-the-old-testament-hebrew-bible/)
Yale: Introduction to New Testament History and Literature (http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/introduction-to-new-testament/)

I can't testify as to these specific courses; I have only watched the physics, astronomy, and economics ones, which are all of exceptional quality. However, they're Yale courses, so at the least they should be extremely interesting and challenging.

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 12:17 PM
How come women are the one's that get to quit usually, while the men have to work? Do men not want to pursue their dreams and run households and spend time with their family while not having to juggle jobs?

I know it probably stems from a long line of women not working, staying home and facing problems and prejudice in the workplace, but it is still an interesting social phenomenon.

florige
03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
This. Resigning is something disgraced CEO's and board members do. Not cashiers.

Plus I didnt read anything in her post about recieving a million dollar payout for running her company into the ground and getting rewarded for it unless I missed that part.

florige
03-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Plus I didnt see the part where she said she got a 25 million dollar payout. I think angel is leaving on good terms.

florige
03-06-2010, 12:28 PM

Go back to school, imo.

I agree 110% about the school thing. She could get out and be making tons more $

florige
03-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Go back to school, imo.

I agree 110% about the school thing. She could get out and be making tons more $ And they can live very comfortably. But its their decision to make. And none of us knows the details of what her husband makes or their monthly bills. If he approves of it thats really all that matters. PM's post were funny but harsh. Lol

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Since you're into studying the bible and will have some free time, you may want to check these courses whose video is posted online:

Yale: Introduction to the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) (http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/introduction-to-the-old-testament-hebrew-bible/)
Yale: Introduction to New Testament History and Literature (http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/introduction-to-new-testament/)

I can't testify as to these specific courses; I have only watched the physics, astronomy, and economics ones, which are all of exceptional quality. However, they're Yale courses, so at the least they should be extremely interesting and challenging.

Thanks very much! :)

oh crap
03-06-2010, 02:25 PM
You can always try to pursue your modeling career with your extra time.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 02:37 PM
You can always try to pursue your modeling career with your extra time.

The only time anyone has used the word model in reference to me is model citizen. But thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)

ploto
03-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Devoting time to your marriage or being more involved with your church are both things that I would applaud, but these 2 comments are the ones that concern me.

Bo has a job in which if he has my extra pair of hands to help it will be all the more profitable to his business.

I would highly suggest against you getting involved like this in his job when you do not work for the company. If this was your own private business, then it would be fine, but you should not be organizing his mechanics or butting your nose into his work. Sorry. You do not work for them and could cause more problems than good for him. It is also important for you to have an identity outside of him. It allows you to bring more to the relationship.

Being a movie extra actually pays so I would make money doing that. I don't mean being an extra like one in a crowd of a hundred or whatever. I would work with an agency that sends select people to shoots and those people get paid to be there.

This does not seem like a sound plan or even one that will generate much opportunity in San Antonio. It also reminds me too much of other aspirations you have posted for which you were never willing to seek training or education. It seems to the reader here that you are always looking for some new job or new thing to make you happy, but you have not been willing to invest the time it takes to fulfill it. I remember a time when you wanted to work with counseling teenagers or something, and then I found out that you were not even in college to study it. You wanted to be a writer, but you would not go to college to study it. It begins to look like playing around instead of actively working toward an attainable goal.

I think that you have posted lately like you have seemed unhappy, and I do not see how this works toward making you feel more fulfilled. The part about having time with your husband is great, as is cooking, but the rest not so much.

It is obviously your decision, but I would much prefer to see you saying you are going to school during the day and working part-time at night at the AT&T. You can still have time with your husband and you would be finding serious direction. It would be good for you now, especially since I believe you were home schooled, and when your kids are grown, you will be so glad you did it.

Whisky Dog
03-06-2010, 02:41 PM
You don't necessarily go to school, but pursuing a serious interest would be really good to give you something to go after. That's what helped me when I felt like I was just floating. I have a degree and a career but it just didn't feel right so I started pursuing a business that I love with my spare time. If you hit it seriously and plan well it will be rewarding.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Devoting time to your marriage or being more involved with your church are both things that I would applaud, but these 2 comments are the ones that concern me.

I would highly suggest against you getting involved like this in his job when you do not work for the company. If this was your own private business, then it would be fine, but you should not be organizing his mechanics or butting your nose into his work. Sorry. You do not work for them and could cause more problems than good for him. It is also important for you to have an identity outside of him. It allows you to bring more to the relationship.

This does not seem like a sound plan or even one that will generate much opportunity in San Antonio. It also reminds me too much of other aspirations you have posted for which you were never willing to seek training or education. It seems to the reader here that you are always looking for some new job or new thing to make you happy, but you have not been willing to invest the time it takes to fulfill it. I remember a time when you wanted to work with counseling teenagers or something, and then I found out that you were not even in college to study it. You wanted to be a writer, but you would not go to college to study it. It begins to look like playing around instead of actively working toward an attainable goal.

I think that you have posted lately like you have seemed unhappy, and I do not see how this works toward making you feel more fulfilled. The part about having time with your husband is great, as is cooking, but the rest not so much.

It is obviously your decision, but I would much prefer to see you saying you are going to school during the day and working part-time at night at the AT&T. You can still have time with your husband and you would be finding serious direction. It would be good for you now, especially since I believe you were home schooled, and when your kids are grown, you will be so glad you did it.

Wow, that is a lot to throw at a person who already made a life altering decision.

Where to begin, where to begin?

First of all...Bo's work: I would not be fixing cars. Rather I would be helping to compile information packets, making copies, maybe doing some date entry. None of the tasks would be difficult- just time consuming. So, I would be saving him time and enabling him to give more one-on-one time to his clients.
And all this would be only if/ when Bo asked me. Bo is perfectly capable of handling his business without me, but I think all of us have days when we would be grateful for another pair of capable hands to assist us.
I am glad to be available for Bo if/ when he needs me.

There is some film work in Austin. Not as much as Hollywood of course, but some. Again, this is not something I am trying to make a living doing. I just think it could be a fun and profitable ( since it pays) hobby.

As for counseling teenagers, you can mentor youth without a formal education. For example, I work with the youth at our church. I am one of the adult staff members for the youth newsletter, for which I am also a writer.
Now that I am not working two jobs, I have time to do outreach like being a Big Sister. I have had the application for some time but have not had the time.

Going to school is not a desire of mine. Bo and I both want me to stay home with our children and so at this time in my life I am not pursuing a career. That is not to say I will not work, as I do at the Spurs. But I am not going to go to college for four years and become a teacher or the like because by the time I finish that and get a job, it will be time for me to stay home with our kids.

Bo and I also have an interest in doing foster care at some point, which again would go more smoothly if I were at home so I could be available always to our kids.

While I appreciate your concern, I think it is for each individual to decide for themselves what is fulfilling for them.
I believe this was a good move for me- granted only time will tell. I pray a lot about the decisions I make and trust God to lead me, as He always does.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
You don't necessarily go to school, but pursuing a serious interest would be really good to give you something to go after. That's what helped me when I felt like I was just floating. I have a degree and a career but it just didn't feel right so I started pursuing a business that I love with my spare time. If you hit it seriously and plan well it will be rewarding.

What I am after is devoting myself to my household.

I feel like my priorities have been way out of whack. I work all the time and take care of my house and husband when I have the spare time.
And my desire is for the reverse to be true- that my husband and household, our ministry, and our extended families come first and that I add other life aspects/ pursue other dreams as my remaining time allows.

So that is my focus and my goal, for the present.

Bo and I will handle the future when it gets here.

leemajors
03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
The film scene in Austin, and Texas in general, has nearly shriveled up and died since other states and countries offer lower taxing for studios and production. This has started to change recently, but the whole field is very cutthroat in Austin. I wouldn't depend on or even hope to get a toehold at this time if you're not in Austin full time.
In addition, having a child or children these days without both parents working is well nigh impossible. The costs for even one child are more than you could imagine - diapers, formula, food, doctor visits and vaccinations, and insurance are all very expensive, and depending on one income stream bogged down by three people on what I hope would be company sponsored insurance would make things terribly difficult. Even with my company paying half my insurance for just my daughter and I, I still pay out $~160 a month on that alone. When I was married and could have added my wife to my insurance, that would have tacked on another 100 monthly at the very least. Luckily she had her own job and got her own, albeit inferior (without dental and vision) for around $60 a month. And that's with a pretty good price break from my employer's very good benefits. There are other, cheaper options available, but the deductibles just weren't worth the risk.

Crookshanks
03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
angel_luv - don't let these naysayers discourage you. I completely understand your desires and motivations. And it IS possible for families to make it on just one income - it just depends on what their priorities are. It's just that so many people don't understand the christian life and that our desires and priorities are different. Raising children is the greatest job you can have - with the longest lasting rewards.

You just keep doing what you know is right. I know you and Bo prayed a lot about this before you made your decision - so, as I said before - God will bless you and HE will provide for you!

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I think it is fine what you are doing, but Ploto is right. If you want things to go beyond a hobby, then you have to be willing to put in the work. But if that is not your goal, the point is moot.

I just have one question. If Bo came to you and asked you to work so that he could carry out the same plan that you have, would you do it?

ashbeeigh
03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
The way these threads end up is why I've stopped even talking about my personal life here.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
I think it is fine what you are doing, but Ploto is right. If you want things to go beyond a hobby, then you have to be willing to put in the work. But if that is not your goal, the point is moot.

I just have one question. If Bo came to you and asked you to work so that he could carry out the same plan that you have, would you do it?

I will do whatever God tells Bo and I to do when we pray together. So if God led us so that I worked and Bo stayed at home, I would trust God and do that. I am not saying it would be an easy thing for me.
But I have learned to trust God- no matter how unconventional His instructions to me.

That said... before Bo and I got married, when we were discussing our future together, we agreed that he would work and I would stay home with the kids.
So that is the plan we intend to stick to... UNLESS God tells us differently.

Bo is very good at his job and has been promoted at an impressive rate. I would be surprised, given his success, if he did not want to continue working.

But anything is possible.

DPG21920
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I get it, I was asking more hypothetically to piggy back my thought on why it is usually the woman that does not work and the man that does from a social perspective.

Thanks for the reply, tell Bo I said hi.

Whisky Dog
03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
What I am after is devoting myself to my household.

I feel like my priorities have been way out of whack. I work all the time and take care of my house and husband when I have the spare time.
And my desire is for the reverse to be true- that my husband and household, our ministry, and our extended families come first and that I add other life aspects/ pursue other dreams as my remaining time allows.

So that is my focus and my goal, for the present.

Bo and I will handle the future when it gets here.

If you're the type of woman who truly finds joy in doing that then it will work out great. If you're the type that gets a bit stir crazy and doesn't find the joy in making a home then it will drive you nuts. If you're the first then I'd say it's a good decision you're making.

leemajors
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
And it IS possible for families to make it on just one income - it just depends on what their priorities are. It's just that so many people don't understand the christian life and that our desires and priorities are different.

I never said it was impossible, I said it was very difficult, which it is. It isn't easier just because you're a Christian. I would hope your child(ren) were your first priority, as mine is. Personally, I think she should seek other employment immediately and save what they can. That way when and if they do have a child, they'll have something to fall back on if necessary.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Thx again Crookshanks.

If I am going to make my life a matter of public record, I ought to be prepared for people to form an opinion about it.

I have come a long way in being concerned about what people think, but I still think I care a little too much at times. Otherwise, I would never feel insecure or get defensive.

angel_luv
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I get it, I was asking more hypothetically to piggy back my thought on why it is usually the woman that does not work and the man that does from a social perspective.

Thanks for the reply, tell Bo I said hi.

Will do. :)

ploto
03-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Raising children is the greatest job you can have - with the longest lasting rewards.

She has no children right now.

It's just that so many people don't understand the christian life and that our desires and priorities are different.

I surely understand the priority of family and children. I quit work as soon as I got pregnant and was strictly a mom for years. Even when my child started school, I stayed home because I wanted to be the one to take him to school and pick him up everyday. I wanted summers off with him. I volunteered at his school and was even more involved in church, but I also used my time wisely to complete a Master's Degree. Even though he is in high school, I still consider myself a mom first and foremost. I am still the one who takes him to school and picks him up. I work only part-time so that I can do that. I have a boss who understands my priorities and who supports them. The week after next is Spring break, and I will take the entire week off to be with my child. If you want to start a family, you save up in a responsible way-- save up for a house. I waited 6 years to have a child so that the finances could be in the best order and I could stay home.

She also stated yet another pie-in-the-sky idea of being in show business- whether a model, or in a rap video, or now in the movies. I am sorry, but it shows to me a lack of serious direction, not one of Christian priorities.

It seems to me that what is really going on is that she is tired of working so much. She is now married and can afford to quit her one job that she does not like. It would be more sincere just to say that than to turn it into being about having higher and better priorities than other people.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Angel - Congrats on your decision to move on from the mall. I know that working both jobs was putting a strain on you because you/Bo were not having enough quality time together. If you can afford to do it, more power to you. You can use the extra time to care for your home, enjoy your husband, learn to cook, volunteer, take some parenting classes, do some writing, etc. (and also do a little extra work for the fun of it and a little cash). There's nothing wrong with giving yourself the extra time you need to enjoy your marriage and take care of your husband. I think you should really put in the effort about cooking. It's fun and it's something that your husband and future children will really appreciate.

When LJ and I got married, the situation was (sort of) similar. I had always worked a 40+ hour work week in an office. We agreed that I would try to just write part-time and see how it went. I ended up writing more full-time after a few years (but from home) allowing us to spend nearly 24/7 together. It has worked out great for us and we really have enjoyed our marriage.

Recently, I cut back on work a bit again because of the baby. However, I still write part-time and help LJ with his work (as I have since we got married).

You need to do whatever you need to do to make your partnership with Bo work. If you think that working less will allow you to devote more time to your husband and grow as a couple (and you can afford to do it), then that's awesome. Good luck.

Kamnik
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I quit work as soon as I got pregnant and was strictly a mom for years.

Wait, what.... you are a woman? :wow

The biggest Rasho fan ever just makes more sence to me :toast

Crookshanks
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
ploto - you did what you thought was best for your family, and angel_luv is doing what she thinks is best for her family. Neither way is right or wrong - and all that matters is that Bo and angel_luv are happy with the decision.

I think it's great that she's now married and can afford to quit one of her jobs - that's one of the perks of being married! And I never got the impression that angel_luv thought she had higher or better priorities - I think you're projecting.

ashbeeigh
03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
I've been reading this book...it's a super girl power trip book by the founder and owner of a fashion PR firm Kelly Cutrone called "If You Have To Cry Go Outside."

Kelly's been around the world more than once in many different ways and has been on TV knows tons of people and knows what she's about. In the book she said that she could have never thought of having a family or children until she knew herself. And I agree with that. Knowing yourself and what is best for you (and who is involved in your life) is what is the most important.

For me, it's kind of an independent woman type of journey. Ploto's journey was different and Angel_Luv's journey is a ton different than anyone else's journey here.

Sometimes the journey works like girls have always been indoctrinated with, "first comes love then comes marriage then comes baby in a baby carriage." For others it's more of a "Go to school, be successful, find the one, and then have babies and family." Or they get mixed up.

So, I'm trying my best not to criticize anyone's journey from now on. I have friends who are married and now have kids and are my age. I have friends that are in grad school, who have graduated from grad school and are living an independent woman life like me and then there are a handful that are as lost as I am. But, whatever the journey is I love my friends and will support them through it...because we all have different journeys.

So way to go Angel! I'm glad. And everyone should read that book. It kept me from literally punching holes in the wall on Friday morning.

lefty
03-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Congrats Angel !!!! :tu

Nbadan
03-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Sounds far-fetched but good things come to good people, and a independent woman will never understand your decision, but whatever makes you and your hubby happy is what matters....however, don't completely rule out a higher education...even if its just to make you a more well-rounded parent..

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Might I suggest this on your radio the day you leave?

YN_BDyZrE-0

Good luck.

Scola
03-07-2010, 06:16 AM
She also stated yet another pie-in-the-sky idea of being in show business- whether a model, or in a rap video, or now in the movies. I am sorry, but it shows to me a lack of serious direction, not one of Christian priorities.

It seems to me that what is really going on is that she is tired of working so much. She is now married and can afford to quit her one job that she does not like. It would be more sincere just to say that than to turn it into being about having higher and better priorities than other people.

I love how you Christians are so concerned about judging other people's lives. :lmao

------

Good for you angel_luv, everyone needs a change every now and then.

ploto
03-07-2010, 09:29 AM
And I never got the impression that angel_luv thought she had higher or better priorities...

I stand corrected- that was you.

It's just that so many people don't understand the christian life and that our desires and priorities are different....

bigzak25
03-07-2010, 09:47 AM
i'm glad you quit your job at the mall. i would always read your complaints about it as out of character.

so congrats on steps forward.

any step away from something that brings us down is a step in the right direction.

ploto
03-07-2010, 09:54 AM
The first thing I wrote was that if Angel wanted to quit her job and spend more time with her husband then that was nice for her. I specifically pointed out two things she wrote that raised red flags.

I think my response speaks as much to the larger society as it does to anyone specifically. I am truly concerned about all the women I meet in their 20's. Some are relatives; some are friends; some are here. I wonder what we have been telling them or teachng them. So many think that everything will be handed to them. They seem to have no notion of sacrifice or paying their dues to get what they want. They have unrealistic ideas of how the world works. Sometimes, you have to do things you do not enjoy because you have responsibilities. You have to sacrifice to reach goals and it can be hard work and tiresome.

Crookshanks
03-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I stand corrected- that was you.

I said DIFFERENT, not higher or better - again, you're projecting. For some unknown reason, you just seem to be annoyed with angel_luv's decision. It's HER life, and HER decision - and she will have to live with it - good or bad.

ploto
03-07-2010, 01:31 PM
For some unknown reason, you just seem to be annoyed with angel_luv's decision. It's HER life, and HER decision - and she will have to live with it - good or bad.

No- I gave input into a post that she made on a public message board about what her plans are. Some make sense, and others are very inconsistent.

How do you spend more time with your husband and go to Austin to be in movies at the same time?

How do you save up for the big house she has repeatedly says she wants to buy while quitting your job?

You have to make choices. If she wants to be around Bo more, she can't be in Austin.

If she wants to quit work, then she is going to have to settle for a small house in a subdivision.

It is an injection of reality into all that she wrote that does not fit together, and an attempt to have her be aware of the pitfalls of what she has proposed.

I will not just read what she wrote and say-- Yeah!! you can do it! Be a movie star!! Austin is full of talented young people with training, degrees, and years of experience. She can not just walk in there and have an agent set up all these jobs for her. I am not going to give her that false hope.

If she wants no responses, then she shouldn't post it in the first place. I couldn't care less what she does, as long as she finds a way to support all those kids she wants to have. If she is confident in her choice, then what I say will mean nothing to her. I don't care what anyone here thinks about the decisions I make.

SpursWoman
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I wish I could quit my job and be a stay-at-home wife & mom ... but my kids are 13 & 14 and don't really need me around all of the time, and I like being able to buy stuff that I need and stuff that I want, so, no can do.

Good luck! :fro

Whisky Dog
03-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I wish I could quit my job and be a stay-at-home wife & mom ... but my kids are 13 & 14 and don't really need me around all of the time, and I like being able to buy stuff that I need and stuff that I want, so, no can do.

That's the age where the kids need you around more than ever. That's the age when they're really beginning to make real choices - have sex or not? Drink and party or not? Try drugs or not? Now's the time they need you more than ever.

spursfan09
03-07-2010, 04:42 PM
My mom was a stay at home mom, and I think I turned out great. ha! She was always there at school functions and just always involved. She also taught me how important it was to make something of myself and be successful. She didn't like relying on my dad all the time for money. I plan on being a career woman, and I sometimes wonder how I can be there for my kids the way my mom was there for me. It's like no matter what, you have to give up something.

SpursWoman
03-07-2010, 06:25 PM
That's the age where the kids need you around more than ever. That's the age when they're really beginning to make real choices - have sex or not? Drink and party or not? Try drugs or not? Now's the time they need you more than ever.

lol ... It's not all or nothing.

PM5K
03-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I just hope when this all goes wrong you have the guts to come back and tell us.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Good luck in this new phase in your life, angel. :)

remingtonbo2001
03-08-2010, 07:14 AM
I just hope when this all goes right you come back and tell us.

Fixed :)

benefactor
03-08-2010, 07:50 AM

This is pretty much the long and short of it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a homemaker, but there will be new limitations financially.

My wife and I both work full time and always have...but that allows us to do things like come to SA for Spurs games a couple of times a year and take vacations in the summer. We can also go shopping, go out to eat and go to the movies pretty much whenever we want to. We both have fairly new vehicles we can afford to pay for.

If one of us stopped working or dropped to part time we could probably get by but a lot of the things we enjoy would go out the window. It would actually strain our relationship more for one of us to quit working...as the things we do to break away from the monotony of life and have quality time with each other usually requires money.

It's a two edged sword. Money is the number one problem that fuels marital issues today. My advice for you would be to be honest and objective about the new limitations you guys might face financially and to not make any unrealistic commitments. If you are content with this, then I wish you the best.

Soul_Patch
03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Does God really tell you stuff like, where and when you should work? That's pretty cool. Must make life pretty easy.

I wish God would tell me to quit my job, who could argue with that right? Its freakin God....for God's sake...

Blake
03-08-2010, 05:36 PM

eh, not so much.

Kids need you more than ever when they are born up until around the age of 4 or 5 when they start schooling.

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Does God really tell you stuff like, where and when you should work? That's pretty cool. Must make life pretty easy.

I wish God would tell me to quit my job, who could argue with that right? Its freakin God....for God's sake...

You have to allow yourself to listen and to "give yourself to Him" before anything like you just said becomes anywhere near possible. And sometimes the things God tells you to do aren't always what you think they should be (nor are they the answers you want to here). So it's not always easy.

I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but I was being serious.

Blake
03-08-2010, 05:44 PM
You have to allow yourself to listen and to "give yourself to Him" before anything like you just said becomes anywhere near possible. And sometimes the things God tells you to do aren't always what you think they should be (nor are they the answers you want to here). So it's not always easy.

right.

It's similar to the idea that all the good things you get in life are blessings from God while all the bad things that come your way are tests of faith.

:tu

remingtonbo2001
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM

Case and point, I first started working at Express Lube with no real aspirations of moving up the career ladder, so to speak. I was more interested in completing school.

I remember, thinking about finding a different job. This was maybe about 1 month into employement. I remember God telling me to stay.

I thought, okay, sure, I'll stay with this for the meantime and build up some work experience.

Well, after Veronica and I married, I took off a semester from school. During this time, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. I figured this would be a great position and I could finish out school. I figured I could finish up some courses online and go from there. Mind you, I have 72 hours of college completed, with 50 hours or so remaining. I was finally flourishing, making good grades.

Well, during Nov-Dec. God had told me to quit school. I was not happy with the idea. Actually I was pretty upset. I couldn't see what plans God had in store. I had to have faith in God.

Well, in January I was promoted to Store Manager. Great. However, greater things were still in store.

Two weeks later, I would be promoted to Fleet Manager, my current position.

Had I known this the entire time, quitting school would have been easier to handle. However, it required faith in God.

Now, I have a wonderful job with the opportunity for great success.

Had I continued going to school, I would more than likely be an Assistant Manager, with the prospect of growing debt to finish my education. Furthermore, the likelyhood of placing a great deal of strain upon Veronica and our marriage.

This is not to say God will not tell me to return to school at some point in time. However, I will not return unless otherwise told. God knows best.

Blake
03-08-2010, 06:26 PM

Case and point, I first started working at Express Lube with no real aspirations of moving up the career ladder, so to speak. I was more interested in completing school.

I remember, thinking about finding a different job. This was maybe about 1 month into employement. I remember God telling me to stay.

I thought, okay, sure, I'll stay with this for the meantime and build up some work experience.

Well, after Veronica and I married, I took off a semester from school. During this time, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. I figured this would be a great position and I could finish out school. I figured I could finish up some courses online and go from there. Mind you, I have 72 hours of college completed, with 50 hours or so remaining. I was finally flourishing, making good grades.

Well, during Nov-Dec. God had told me to quit school. I was not happy with the idea. Actually I was pretty upset. I couldn't see what plans God had in store. I had to have faith in God.

Well, in January I was promoted to Store Manager. Great. However, greater things were still in store.

Had I known this the entire time, quitting school would have been easier to handle. However, it required faith in God.

Had I continued going to school, I would more than likely be an Assistant Manager, with the prospect of growing debt to finish my education. Furthermore, the likelyhood of placing a great deal of strain upon Veronica and our marriage.

This is not to say God will not tell me to return to school at some point in time. However, I will not return unless otherwise told. God knows best.

how did you know it was God talking to you?

PM5K
03-08-2010, 06:42 PM

He's basically full of shit. I believe in God but he's never said a single word to me.

bigzak25
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
we all have an inner voice. feel free to choose it's origin.

Imposter
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
bigzak, usually my inner voices are bad. very bad.

bigzak25
03-08-2010, 06:57 PM
yeah, i have those too.

but we can choose to be as selective as we wish with regards to listening.

unless you son of sam and that damn dog gets in your head...

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM

You don't. You have faith in what you are doing is the right thing.

balli
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah well, God also told Ron and Dan Lafferty to disembowel a mother and her baby child with a 13 inch bowie knife.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Banner_of_Heaven#Murders

So forgive me for being skeptical when entitled weirdo zealots proclaim/brag they're having an ongoing and tangible conversation with God (and by extension, that everyone else, isn't).

symple19
03-08-2010, 10:57 PM
LMFAO at people who think "god" is talking to them. I can't believe I just read that shit.

If you think "god" is talking to you, please seek help from your local mental health care provider. This is assuming that jiffy lubes offer a health care plan

CuckingFunt
03-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I'd be pissed if God told me to drop out of school to manage an Express Lube.

Pissed.

symple19
03-08-2010, 11:06 PM

Pissed.

:lol

bigzak25
03-08-2010, 11:17 PM

Pissed.

san antonio spurs
03-08-2010, 11:17 PM

OK... I normally restrain from commenting on such personal matters but would you care to explain how God talked to you? Or you meant that for some reasons you HAD to quit school (financial reasons or other reasons) and you concluded it was the voice of GOD and that he had better things in store for you?

PM5K
03-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I expect silly shit from Angel, but I expected more from Bo, I guess I was wrong.

grindmouse
03-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I have nothing against people who practice religion or worship God, I do have a problem with people who think God is with them every step of the way.

Just the other day i was watching the Amazing race the lady had to walk on this cable wire to one side to the other and her team mate said she will be ok God is going make sure she makes it to the other side safely. ok lets say there is a God. I am sure with all that is going on in the world God is going stop what he or she is doing and make sure some game show contestant wins the amazing race.

I have no doubt that people feel the voice in their head is God or the holy spirit, and I am sure people think everything is a sign of God. "look I have a flat tire" You see? God wants me to be late for work, so i can get fired and because of that I will have a better job waiting for me. Did it ever occur to you that voice could really be Satan?

What I don't get is why God didn't tell the people in Chile and Hatti there is an Earth quake coming but he found the time to give you career advice?

Worship God, and make him proud don't make a fool out of him. If some of you only knew how much damage you do when you say silly shit it makes the non believers even more convinced religion is a joke.

my 2 cents.

spursfan09
03-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Plus I thought God gave everyone free will, so why would he tell what exact career path to choose? Anyways, I still think everything happens for a reason. I miscarried and I just decided God wanted me to get my degree before having a kid. I think you do the best with what God gave you.

ploto
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I think there is a vast difference between saying you pray about choices and try to follow what you think is God's will and claiming that everything you do is because God told you to do it. The second option is far easier because it takes the responsibility off of you and gives you an easy out to justify whatever it is that you are doing. When you quit college and Mom and Dad want to know why, you can just say that God told you to do it. Who can argue with God?

I think that many people of faith, when faced with a choice or a big decision, pray about it. They may seek input and pray about it for a while, but eventually they have to make a choice. Sometimes the choice is between 2 things and sometimes it is a choice to act or not to act, but either way, the time comes and they decide what "feels" right. Maybe it is their gut, or their heart, or their conscience, or even they feel the Holy Spirit is touching them in some way. They decide and move forward with their decision. They strive to be at peace with the decision- which is what I strive for and pray for most of all. I seek information; I seek counsel; I pray. I try to make an informed choice with my values and priorities in place, but I have never claimed God told me. I find that to be the utmost of hubris to claim that one is so perfectly in tune with God as to be 100% certain of what His will is. I try and seek ways to discern His will, but life proves regularly that we all fall short of that aim.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:41 AM
You don't. You have faith in what you are doing is the right thing.

I was asking Bo how he knows God talked to him.

I have faith you aren't Bo.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Pissed.

Bo said he was upset.

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I think there is a vast difference between saying you pray about choices and try to follow what you think is God's will and claiming that everything you do is because God told you to do it. The second option is far easier because it takes the responsibility off of you and gives you an easy out to justify whatever it is that you are doing. When you quit college and Mom and Dad want to know why, you can just say that God told you to do it. Who can argue with God?

I think that many people of faith, when faced with a choice or a big decision, pray about it. They may seek input and pray about it for a while, but eventually they have to make a choice. Sometimes the choice is between 2 things and sometimes it is a choice to act or not to act, but either way, the time comes and they decide what "feels" right. Maybe it is their gut, or their heart, or their conscience, or even they feel the Holy Spirit is touching them in some way. They decide and move forward with their decision. They strive to be at peace with the decision- which is what I strive for and pray for most of all. I seek information; I seek counsel; I pray. I try to make an informed choice with my values and priorities in place, but I have never claimed God told me. I find that to be the utmost of hubris to claim that one is so perfectly in tune with God as to be 100% certain of what His will is. I try and seek ways to discern His will, but life proves regularly that we all fall short of that aim.

I like this reasoning. This is the way I see it. Well put.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Plus I thought God gave everyone free will, so why would he tell what exact career path to choose?

You do have free will.

You just have to give up your free will freely.

Let go, Let God.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:55 AM

and I would say many Christians, like Ashbeegh apparently, would agree with this line of reasoning...

which would seemingly contradict the Old Testament where God directly told people what to do.

CuckingFunt
03-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Bo said he was upset.

Which is where I start to get confused. I find it hard to believe that any level of faith would allow for God to tell you to do something or otherwise guide you in a direction opposite where you want to go, which would lead me to assume that one acts the way they're going to act and later credits their god with the assist.

Incidentally, I too was upset when I dropped out of college at 19 years old. However, I was upset with myself for investing three semesters into a major I didn't care about and for devoting more time to drinking and partying than to going to class, rather than being upset with a deity for guiding me in ways I didn't understand.

florige
03-09-2010, 08:53 AM
LMFAO at people who think "god" is talking to them. I can't believe I just read that shit.

If you think "god" is talking to you, please seek help from your local mental health care provider. This is assuming that jiffy lubes offer a health care plan

Pissed.

:lmao

sonic21
03-09-2010, 09:16 AM
It's really disturbing how some religious people avoid taking personal responsibility. They don't have to be responsible for developing strong moral rules because God has done that. They don't have to be responsible for developing sound arguments in defense of their positions because God has done that. They deny their own freedom because freedom means responsibility and responsibility means that if we fail, no one will rescue us.

Of course it's a small %.

florige
03-09-2010, 09:19 AM
This is not in any way a shot at Bo or Angel. I grew up a Jehovah's Witness. I have MANY times witnessed where a couple would be dating for a while, both of them working. As soon as they get married then BAM, the wife all of the sudden wants to up and quit her job because Jehovah told her that he wanted her to go into the full-time ministry. But it never really worked liked that. Most of the time they went into full-time fuck off mode leaving the husband out to dry. My worthless aunt is pulling that same crap now. Her husband is working his ass off and all she does is spend, spend , spend. But it is ok because God told her to up and quit her job when they were at the crucial point of their bills. I think I read somewhere in the bible that while God does want you to devote time to him and his work, it doesn;t mean that it is okay for you to be a damn idiot in the process just because you are lazy and want to use the "God told me" line as an excuse to fuck off. Like I said not a shot at Angel at all. Just I have seen this in my lifetime a number of times.

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 09:21 AM
People that talk to God scare the crap out of me.

Soul_Patch
03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Where is B2B when you need him?

scott
03-09-2010, 10:22 AM
http://memegenerator.net/File/ImageMacro/670749.jpg

grindmouse
03-09-2010, 10:26 AM
People that talk to God scare the crap out of me.

How about people who tweet him?

Shelly
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
No matter how much y'all are praying, it's apparent that God is not a Spurs fan anymore.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 11:26 AM
God does speak to me everyday and I do recognize it is Him when He does. I have learned to recognize God's voice by the same means that I became acquainted with any particular human's voice- through constant interaction and through paying attention.

God has yet to speak to me in an audible voice. However there are numerous times that I can pinpoint when a thought unlike one I have or could ever come up with on my own, enters my mind, accompanied by a sense of great peace and joy. These are what I like to call God thoughts.

There are other times when I am having to choose between two options- like whether to keep working or resign from my mall job- in which God has sent confirmation my way in the form of the same message from various and unrelated sources. These sources can be things I have read in a magazine, seen on television, heard on a sermon, learned in a discussion with a friend, or a verse I've read in the Bible. God uses many means to direct me. I have just listed some of them.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I have also learned from experience that success follows obeying God's directions to me.

Yes, I have free will. Yes, I can choose to do my own thing and ignore the loving counsel of God, but my life experience has proved to me that doing so would be incredibly counterproductive and foolish.

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 11:30 AM
God does speak to me everyday and I do recognize it is Him when He does. I have learned to recognize God's voice by the same means that I became acquainted with any particular human's voice- through constant interaction and through paying attention.

God has yet to speak to me in an audible voice. However there are numerous times that I can pinpoint when a thought unlike one I have or could ever come up with on my own, enters my mind, accompanied by a sense of great peace and joy. These are what I like to call God thoughts.

There are other times when I am having to choose between two options- like whether to keep working or resign from my mall job- in which God has sent confirmation my way in the form of the same message from various and unrelated sources. These sources can be things I have read in a magazine, seen on television, heard on a sermon, learned in a discussion with a friend, or a verse I've read in the Bible. God uses many means to direct me. I have just listed some of them.

what if Allah is a ventriloquist and tells you to strap on a suicide bomb vest?

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
So as long as we're talking about listening to God and all that jazz and professional/personal....and we all know I'm on the same page as angel/bo (and blake? Not quite sure yet)....

I know many of you are not fans of my decision to not run off to West, Chase, Citi, or Allstate the minute I lost my ACORN job. I was holding out, praying about it, listening, and hoping that the answer was "stick with what God told you to do in 2007." What I was told to do in 2007 was social work/advocacy and community service.

I had a string of 5 interviews in early February, an adoption agency, a foster care case manager, an at-risk high school drop out case manager, something for Morgan's Wonderland, and then something at UTHSC. Holy cow that was a lot of stuff. I saw a rerun of the adoption agency ad a few days ago, the UTHSC ad was filled and I saw the foster care agency ad tweeted...and MWL never called back. I was pretty bummed.

But, just kept the faith that something was going to happen. Prayed about it all, hoping that maybe there was something else out there. I'm not sure if it was "told to me, spoken to me, sent to me, etc" but I decided that I would start doing a bit for freelancing-just to make ends meet. All week by week kind of stuff that could be stopped at a moment's notice (on top of the stuff I was doing previously).

Last week, aburptly, the previous assignment ended. Totally bummed I had no idea what I was going to do. I started applying for more freelance stuff. It wasn't going to replace a full time job, but maybe it would add up.

Then, Monday I got an e-mail from the foster care agency (the one that had tweeted the job vacancy). We had exchanged a few e-mail, "can I get your references? We'd like to schedule a second interview (but they never did)." I wasn't holding my breath.

So, had I blown off that "voice" telling me to stick with it and to find a way to make ends meet while I was looking for the "dream" I probably would have gone off to a different path that wasn't right.

I know ST is a group is strong willed opinionated posters. I just hope that everyone understands that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and that's the way it is. There's no way of changing the way I see it and seriously, how could a girl lose the last thing holding her together one business day and the next be offered a job if there isn't a God? Just sayin'.

PakiDan
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Angel... I've been one of these people who doubt God and his power... hell, I was practically their leader. I now know better, and let me tell you that you don't have to waste your time defending and explaining yourself. They will NOT understand until and unless they are ready. This is definately something that cannot be understood until you experience it yourself. Good for you Angel, I hope you and Bo last forever.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:16 PM

where in the Bible does it mention God thoughts?

God speaks to you through magazines and TV?

Why are you listening to these type of outlets for guidance instead of strictly the Bible?

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Ash- I am happy for you.
It takes a lot of guts to stick it out when everything looks bleak, and I admire you for doing it.

I wish I had been more encouraging to you at the time you posted instead of being so quick to dispense advice out to you. Sorry about that. I am trying to learn how to be a better listener.

Angel... I've been one of these people who doubt God and his power... hell, I was practically their leader. I now know better, and let me tell you that you don't have to waste your time defending and explaining yourself. They will NOT understand until and unless they are ready. This is definately something that cannot be understood until you experience it yourself. Good for you Angel, I hope you and Bo last forever.

Thanks very much Paki. You are a blessing. :)

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM
So as long as we're talking about listening to God and all that jazz and professional/personal....and we all know I'm on the same page as angel/bo (and blake? Not quite sure yet)....

what page are you on?

.....seriously, how could a girl lose the last thing holding her together one business day and the next be offered a job if there isn't a God? Just sayin'.

seriously, how could someone be broke and homeless one day and win the lottery the next if there isn't a God? Just sayin'.

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:23 PM
They will NOT understand until and unless they are ready.

I'm ready. Help me understand.

Dr. Gonzo
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Whatever gets you through life. Some people choose booze, drugs, sex, God, Allah, L. Ron or any other kind of thing. I can't shit on a person for doing what helps them. What I deem a poor decision by someone else doesn't effect my life so why should I care?

Personally, I think what Angel is nuts for doing what she is doing it's no business of mine.

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
what page are you on?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4143932&postcount=79

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4143932&postcount=79

I guess we aren't on the same page.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 12:32 PM
where in the Bible does it mention God thoughts?

Isaiah 55:9-"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

God speaks to you through magazines and TV?

Why are you listening to these type of outlets for guidance instead of strictly the Bible?

The Bible is my standard. It is the colander ( so to speak) that everything else gets processed through. The Word of God catches anything that does not belong.
There is wisdom in movies-in the quotes, in seeing the positive and negative consequences of actions. I read books that are uplifting and encouraging as well as instructional.

God is in favor of me seeking wisdom and education and is all for me laughing and being entertained, so long as I prioritize His Word above all else.

Proverbs has a lot of great verses regarding wisdom.

This is one of my favorites:

Proverbs 14:33- Wisdom reposes in the heart of the discerning
and even among fools she lets herself be known.

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I guess we aren't on the same page.

Fair enough.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
On a very positive note...

Last night I made meat loaf all by myself for the very first time and Bo loved it.

I also made mashed potatos and fixed aspargus to go with the meat loaf.

While I was doing that, I prepared taco meat so Bo and I can have tacos for dinner tonight when he finishes work and I get home for class.

I am very pleased with the results of my efforts. The most gratifying moment was when I realized yesterday in the middle of cooking that my kitchen smelled delicious just like my mom's always did when I was growing up. :)

Blake
03-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Isaiah 55:9-"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

right. God's thoughts are better than human thoughts.

that's not how you defined your God thoughts.

The Bible is my standard. It is the collander ( so to speak) that everything else gets processed through. The Word of God catches anything that does not belong.
There is wisdom in movies-in the quotes, in seeing the positive and negative consequences of actions. I read books that are uplifting and encouraging as well as instructional.

So you read the Bible, and then while you are watching a movie or reading a book, if something seems to match up with what you read in the Bible, you credit that as God talking to you......correct?

God is in favor of me seeking wisdom and education and is all for me laughing and being entertained, so long as I prioritize His Word above all else.

Unless God's Word says to quit school and work full time at an oil change shop.

Proverbs has a lot of great verses regarding wisdom.

This is one of my favorites:

Proverbs 14:33- Wisdom reposes in the heart of the discerning
and even among fools she lets herself be known.

good line.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Also, I was amazed at how I was able to get all the ingredients for five night's worth of delicious home prepared dinners for about the amount Bo and I would spend for dinner for two at Chili's.

Imposter
I am very pleased with the results of my efforts.

I'm sorry. I've tried to stay away from this thread but are you really telling us that you're happy you made this decision because you made meatloaf?

MannyIsGod
I expect silly shit from Angel, but I expected more from Bo, I guess I was wrong.

People do crazy shit for vagina.

MannyIsGod
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM

I know many of you are not fans of my decision to not run off to West, Chase, Citi, or Allstate the minute I lost my ACORN job. I was holding out, praying about it, listening, and hoping that the answer was "stick with what God told you to do in 2007." What I was told to do in 2007 was social work/advocacy and community service.

I had a string of 5 interviews in early February, an adoption agency, a foster care case manager, an at-risk high school drop out case manager, something for Morgan's Wonderland, and then something at UTHSC. Holy cow that was a lot of stuff. I saw a rerun of the adoption agency ad a few days ago, the UTHSC ad was filled and I saw the foster care agency ad tweeted...and MWL never called back. I was pretty bummed.

But, just kept the faith that something was going to happen. Prayed about it all, hoping that maybe there was something else out there. I'm not sure if it was "told to me, spoken to me, sent to me, etc" but I decided that I would start doing a bit for freelancing-just to make ends meet. All week by week kind of stuff that could be stopped at a moment's notice (on top of the stuff I was doing previously).

Last week, aburptly, the previous assignment ended. Totally bummed I had no idea what I was going to do. I started applying for more freelance stuff. It wasn't going to replace a full time job, but maybe it would add up.

Then, Monday I got an e-mail from the foster care agency (the one that had tweeted the job vacancy). We had exchanged a few e-mail, "can I get your references? We'd like to schedule a second interview (but they never did)." I wasn't holding my breath.

So, had I blown off that "voice" telling me to stick with it and to find a way to make ends meet while I was looking for the "dream" I probably would have gone off to a different path that wasn't right.

I know ST is a group is strong willed opinionated posters. I just hope that everyone understands that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and that's the way it is. There's no way of changing the way I see it and seriously, how could a girl lose the last thing holding her together one business day
and the next be offered a job if there isn't a God? Just sayin'.

Why is that when something good happens its proof of a god and when something bad happens the logic is completely flipped? Sure you got offered a job right after your assignment ended but I'm sure people had a lot of bad shit happening to them at the same time.

I hate this line of logic. It's so damn bad.

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Why is that when something good happens its proof of a god and when something bad happens the logic is completely flipped? Sure you got offered a job right after your assignment ended but I'm sure people had a lot of bad shit happening to them at the same time.

LOL I can't believe I'm agreeing with Manny...:lol

By extending that logic God hated Acorn...

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Even though you are really argumentative, I cannot help but like you Blake.
I know God has great things in store for you.

right. God's thoughts are better than human thoughts.

that's not how you defined your God thoughts.

Allow me to refresh your memory...

However there are numerous times that I can pinpoint when a thought unlike one I have or could ever come up with on my own, enters my mind, accompanied by a sense of great peace and joy. These are what I like to call God thoughts.

So you read the Bible, and then while you are watching a movie or reading a book, if something seems to match up with what you read in the Bible, you credit that as God talking to you......correct?

Not necessarily. The Word of God is my standard by which I discern the value of all other advice or input I receive.
For example, the Bible says " Do Not Steal" so I know when watching " Gone in Sixty Seconds" that though the movie is entertaining the characters actions are not ones I should duplicate.

Likewise when I watched the Blind Side and saw how Sandra Bullock's character helped the kid in need, that resonated in my spirit because I also have a heart to help youth become all God intends for them to be.

Since I have announced my intention to stay at home, several people have offered to teach me how to cook their favorite recipes. I see that as God sending me encouragment so that I can be assurred that He is going to provide me wisdom to succeed in this new stage of life He has directed me in.

I know God is talking to me because of the peace and joy that is always present in every instance.

I can confirm it is God speaking first and foremost because the thought lines up with God's Word, the Bible.

And of course ,the evident to all proof occurs when blessing follows my obedience in the form of success in my endeavors.

MannyIsGod
03-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Ash- I am happy for you.
It takes a lot of guts to stick it out when everything looks bleak, and I admire you for doing it.

Wait, what exactly was the easy alternative that didn't take guts?

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm sorry. I've tried to stay away from this thread but are you really telling us that you're happy you made this decision because you made meatloaf?

I am happy because I had no idea I was such a good cook. I am delighted because my husband is looking forward to trying all the dishes I prepare.
I am pleased because now I know I can open up my home and be hospitable to my friends because I have the ability to prepare things worth serving.

And I am happy because I rejoice greatly in all good I experience and achieve. It's who I am. :)

Imposter
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
And of course ,the evident to all proof occurs when blessing follows my obedience in the form of success in my endeavors.

:rollin

Proof? angel, no offense but you're in your mid 20's and quit your mall job. What success are you referring to?

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Wait, what exactly was the easy alternative that didn't take guts?

I admire that Ash had the wisdom to pray and then proceed in a way that she believed honored what God told her. I admire that she was not swayed by all the contrary opinions she encountered on the forum.
I admire that Ash continued to look for the job she really wanted.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
:rollin

Proof? angel, no offense but you're in your mid 20's and quit your mall job. What success are you referring to?

Actually, I am in my late 20's. I will be 28 this year.

I did not say that all the proof has manifested yet, although I am already seeing encouraging signs that this is indeed the right move for me.

So stay tuned. :)

MannyIsGod
03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
We all have our value systems and we all have priorities on what is important for each of us in life. You're allowed to have yours and I'm allowed to have mine and what we look for in a husband or wife is up to each one of us.

I pretty much think (as Ploto stated above) that the whole speak to god thing is a rationalization/coping mechanism people use to make themselves feel better or give themselves a sense of purpose. I've never heard anyone attribute any bad advice they get to God.

I hope everyone goes well for everyone in this thread who has said they made a decision based on what god told them. If for whatever reason it doesn't go well, don't worry. I understand that it was just you misunderstanding God and not him being wrong.

Good luck!

MannyIsGod
03-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I admire that Ash had the wisdom to pray and then proceed in a way that she believed honored what God told her. I admire that she was not swayed by all the contrary opinions she encountered on the forum.
I admire that Ash continued to look for the job she really wanted.

I don't get why looking for a job - or to keep looking rather - took courage. What was her alternative?

Soul_Patch
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
What if God was just f'n around one day and told you that from now on, you need to always scoot on your butt wherever you went. No more legs, its all butt scooting from now on...do you have to do it, or can you say..."C'mon God, stop clowning...wtf!!"

What if he tells you to burn down your house, because a new one awaits you somewhere else....do you have to do that too?

or does God only give good sound advice?

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Historically "Gods will" as interpreted by Man has contributed to some of the most savage and abominable acts against other humans ever perpetrated.

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Historically "Gods will" as interpreted by Man has contributed to some of the most savage and abominable acts against other humans ever perpetrated.

False interpretation by morons. Anyway, I don't see what kind of sick satisfaction you guys get by repeatedly attacking Angel and her beliefs, let her live her life the way she sees fit and keep your hate to yourself.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't get why looking for a job - or to keep looking rather - took courage. What was her alternative?

Well I know from my own life... I have never really loved this mall job. I stuck with it while my finances required it.
And I think in the aspect of how this job enabled me to pay my bills every month, I was wise to keep it.

But a part of me regrets that I did not have the courage/ diligence to look harder elsewhere for a job that was more to my liking.

I admire Bo for not just automatically staying at Express Lube. He prayed, he wrestled, and Bo ultimately submitted to what God told him to do- which has worked out beautifully for Him.

My point is that since God never told me not to apply to other jobs that it is possible I could have spent my season of working ( these past three years) in a more enjoyable job- had I done my part in seeking it out.
In all the time I have been at the mall I have only considered maybe five other jobs, and only two or three of those did I ever even apply for. And therefore, I kept me at the mall.

I do believe that this is the right time for me to stop working. This is what Bo and I both want for our future and our family.

I actually am someone who is very driven. Had I been in a job where I was very well paid and constantly getting promoted, it would likely have been very difficult for me to stop working- regardless of how much I was needed at home.

So in that regard I can see how everything has worked out for the best, according to God's promise. (Romans 8:28)

Blake
03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Even though you are really argumentative, I cannot help but like you Blake.
I know God has great things in store for you.

I think I have great things in store for myself. :tu

Allow me to refresh your memory...

which goes back to my question. Where in the Bible does it say that one of the ways God talks to people is by popping God thoughts in their heads?

Not necessarily. The Word of God is my standard by which I discern the value of all other advice or input I receive.
For example, the Bible says " Do Not Steal" so I know when watching " Gone in Sixty Seconds" that though the movie is entertaining the characters actions are not ones I should duplicate.

that wasn't really what I asked. I wouldnt think that God would need to put a God thought in your head regarding theft.

Likewise when I watched the Blind Side and saw how Sandra Bullock's character helped the kid in need, that resonated in my spirit because I also have a heart to help youth become all God intends for them to be.

so did you get a God thought from Blind Side?

Since I have announced my intention to stay at home, several people have offered to teach me how to cook their favorite recipes. I see that as God sending me encouragment so that I can be assurred that He is going to provide me wisdom to succeed in this new stage of life He has directed me in.

Just a hunch here......but I'm betting if you were still working that if you annonuced to the same several people that your intention is to learn to cook, that they would offer to teach you to cook their favorite recipes in the same manner.

again....just a hunch.

What if you fail at your endeavors?

Does that equate as a test of faith to keep persevering, or does it mean that God wants you to switch to a new path?

Blake
03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
False interpretation by morons. Anyway, I don't see what kind of sick satisfaction you guys get by repeatedly attacking Angel and her beliefs, let her live her life the way she sees fit and keep your hate to yourself.

since when did you become a morality cop?

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
What if you fail at your endeavors?

Does that equate as a test of faith to keep persevering, or does it mean that God wants you to switch to a new path?

Obviously Blake, I do not have all the answers. That is why I read my Bible, pray, and seek God on a daily basis. That is why I take steps of faith because I do not know how everything will turn out.

Sometimes you can be doing the right thing and still face extreme opposition and endure much difficulty. An example of this is Martin Luther King and all he accomplished.
What if he had forsaken his vision just because the going got tough?

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
All I'm saying is that arguing about religion on the internets has never led anywhere, since no one is ever wrong on the internets, isn't that right Blake? True or false

Imposter
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM

This coming from the biggest gay hater on the board? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Fucking hypocrite. Her mental sickness weirds me out as much as teh gays do you.

xXx
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
lets take a step back.

God, good...all 'Godly' decisions should be based on love.

so taking that into account, i think it's all pretty obvious here.

Angel loved the idea of quitting her non-fulfilling job and being at home playing suzie home maker.

Bo loves Angel's breasts and loves the idea of coming home to happy, perky ones instead of depressed, angry boobs. He's doing what he has to do to make this happen.

any questions?

benefactor
03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
None here. Happy boobs are always a good thing.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Is that Veronica's Secret? :angel

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
An example of this is Martin Luther King and all he accomplished.

What if James Earl Ray had forsaken his vision just because the going got tough? He was talking to God too.

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM

This coming from the biggest gay hater on the board? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Fucking hypocrite. Her mental sickness weirds me out as much as teh gays do you.

Post about it under your regular screen name, then.

AWWWW original poster wants to stay anonymous? :rollin

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Your momma must have really hated your sorry ass to name you mavs>spurs.

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM

I never said it wasn't Godly when I lost my job. That's never been the way I've spoken. You've got me confused with someone else there.

By extending that logic God hated Acorn...

Well duh. Did you hear they arrested two people on voter registration fraud in Wisconsin yesterday? retarded!

Dr. Gonzo
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Your momma must have really hated your sorry ass to name you mavs>spurs.

I don't think that's his birth name.

Imposter
03-09-2010, 02:13 PM

How many alternate user names do you post under? How does that change the fact that i'm right about you being a hypocrite? LOL @ keeping your hate to yourself. You've done a superb job on that one, bud.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
What if James Earl Ray had forsaken his vision just because the going got tough? He was talking to God too.

If James Earl Ray would have lived by the Bible which plainly says, " Do Not Murder" then you would not have him to use as an example.

How can you possibly compare Ray's actions to Martin Luther King?

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Since I already gave my serious answer... I will indulge myself.

What does Darth Vader have to do with Martin Luther King other than they are both black?

PakiDan
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I've never heard anyone attribute any bad advice they get to God.

Ok then - here's your first... my entire early thirties have been to say the least... traumatic. Without going into specifics, I made some really bad decisions, got arrested, faced the possibility of up to twenty years in prison, had two heart attacks, and am now diagnosed with type three congestive heart failure. I whined and moaned for way too long about "why me!?" "why me!?" - but I now realize that God has a design for us all. He was there when I made those bad decisions, he was there when I was dying in the hospital. I am a much greater person now because, not in spite of my experiences, and I feel that I have been molded to help others. I used to have a ton of hatred, but now, all I feel is piece. God worked his wonders through some pretty awful experiences... experiences that would have broken many of you. God doesn't always work through pretty feelings and flowers... in fact, much of the time - it is the exact opposite. I don't expect many of you to understand... I just know for myself, and that is all that is necessary.

Imposter
03-09-2010, 02:21 PM
In a completely unoriginal turn of events, upon facing death I "found" god and am a much better person for it. Never prior to facing prison or having multiple heart attacks did I give a shit about god. Yes, I am original

Got it.

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 02:21 PM
If James Earl Ray would have lived by the Bible which plainly says, " Do Not Murder" then you would not have him to use as an example.

How can you possibly compare Ray's actions to Martin Luther King?

Even people who "Live by the Bible" sin. You know that. We are all sinners. Millons of people have been killed in the name of God over the course of history. James Earl Ray thought he was doing gods work when he killed MLK.

PakiDan
03-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Got it.

Nice try :)

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 02:23 PM
How many alternate user names do you post under? How does that change the fact that i'm right about you being a hypocrite? LOL @ keeping your hate to yourself. You've done a superb job on that one, bud.

I don't post under ANY alternate user names, zero. Timvp deleted them all.

And you know, you're right about part of that statement being hypocritical. Me telling someone to "keep their hate to themselves" is very hypocritical.

But I NEVER personally attack posters on this board without being provoked. I troll people who say all kinds of dumb things, but never without being provoked. I troll people for saying stuff like "dirk is a giant vagina, mavs suck 4 rings faggot" or anything just totally ridiculous that I feel warrants being made fun of. But never will I just attack someone for saying something that is totally non malicious and not meant to be offensive to anyone. I spank idiotic purposely obnoxious persons when I see them, that's my thing.

Now enough about me, back to the subject at hand. What has Angel EVER done to you personally? Nothing..exactly, that's my point. Some people deserve to be trolled. Angel Luv isn't one of them, she's a nice girl.

What's more hypocrital is an original poster who's too much of a giant vag to confront another original poster under their regular user name trying to talk down on someone else. Congrats on trolling yourself.

Imposter
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Look dude, I appreciate that you are on a personal moral mission to defend angel_luvs honor and rescue your damsel in distress but let's back up here. I left this thread well enough alone until it got to be just too much. If angel_luv didn't want to be exposed to people giving their own opinions then the easy solution would be to not start a thread and use her fundamentalist language to provoke these responses. Try again.

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Even people who "Live by the Bible" sin. You know that. We are all sinners. Millons of people have been killed in the name of God over the course of history. James Earl Ray thought he was doing gods work when he killed MLK.

So, if we are all sinners than you acknowledge that there is an existing and defined Standard which we all fail in at least some aspect to live up to?

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Look dude, I appreciate that you are on a personal moral mission to defend angel_luvs honor and rescue your damsel in distress but let's back up here. I left this thread well enough alone until it got to be just too much. If angel_luv didn't want to be exposed to people giving their own opinions then the easy solution would be to not start a thread and use her fundamentalist language to provoke these responses. Try again.

Three things:

1. I could give a fuck about Angel Luv, I just post my opinions where I see fit

2. She didn't provoke these kind of responses. She simply said that she was quitting her job and stated the reasons why. Maybe she was being a bit naive in not realizing people would jump all over her for using the three letter "G" word, but other than that, she's not in the wrong.

3. You're still a giant vagina for refusing to post your opinions under your regular user name.

Imposter
03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Three things:

1. I just post my opinions where I see fit

2. She didn't provoke these kind of responses. She simply said that she was quitting her job and stated the reasons why. Maybe she was being a bit naive in not realizing people would jump all over her for using the three letter "G" word, but other than that, she's not in the wrong.

3. You're still a giant vagina for refusing to post your opinions under your regular user name.

1. same here, you dumb shit

2. Sure. Did you even read some of her responses in this thread. It's obvious that you have not. She is bat shit crazy.

3. let's clear this up:

re·fuse
to decline to give; deny (a request, demand, etc.): to refuse permission.

choose
to select from a number of possibilities; pick by preference:

get it?

symple19
03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
She is bat shit crazy.

hahahahahahaha, lol, :lmao:rollin:lol +99999999999999999999999999

CuckingFunt
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
The Bible is my standard. It is the colander ( so to speak) that everything else gets processed through. The Word of God catches anything that does not belong.

The colander is an interesting choice for analogy, here, as it is a tool that doesn't actually process anything. In addition to being completely fixed, it is also completely passive. It offers no control or choice in what gets filtered through the holes.

King
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I think the most amusing thing in all of this is that the people who don't agree with Angel's beliefs are the ones attacking. Angel hasn't once pushed her beliefs on anyone, merely stated what works for her. But the non-Christians are the ones attacking everything - even though their complaint is that Christians are always 'shoving their beliefs down people's throats.'

I personally agree with Angel and Ash. It works for me. I've seen it, I've used it, it's helped me. An example is this last year, when my wife and I were going to buy a house. We found one we really liked, but it was a little more than we wanted to spend - but we kept being drawn to the house. So, we prayed about it, and asked for guidance and God to confirm that it was the right house. After the prayer, I had the Bible and half-jokingly said I was going to open the Bible to a random page and point at a random place and look for an answer. I opened it, pointed and landed on the words "God's confirmation." That worked for us.

Now, I'm sure a lot of you will write that off as coincidence - but by the sheer number of verses, books, and chapters in the bible - landing on one that had the verbatim words I was looking for was more than that for me. And ironically, the ones who write it off as coincidence will be the same ones talking about karma in another thread someday.

Believe what you want to believe. To each their own. But, if I get to the end of life, and I'm wrong about everything I believe. That Christianity is a big sham, and a huge lie - well, I've still lived a pretty good life, tried to do things the moral, right way - so I'm not out a whole lot. But, if you get to the end of your life and you're wrong about everything, you're in a heap of trouble.

Imposter
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
And ironically, the ones who write it off as coincidence will be the same ones talking about karma in another thread someday.

Believe what you want to believe. To each their own. But, if I get to the end of life, and I'm wrong about everything I believe. That Christianity is a big sham, and a huge lie - well, I've still lived a pretty good life, tried to do things the moral, right way - so I'm not out a whole lot. But, if you get to the end of your life and you're wrong about everything, you're in a heap of trouble.

ah yes, the text book go to christian move. it never gets old. to borrow a line from our friend baseline bum, fear is not a good reason to believe in something.

Imposter
03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
But the non-Christians are the ones attacking everything - even though their complaint is that Christians are always 'shoving their beliefs down people's throats.'

Are you fucking kidding me? By and large christians have practiced shoving their propaganda down our collective throats for many a years far more than the other way around. Hell, I had a boss at my old job who attended a conference in Phoenix to learn how to debate "non believers". I think you should be more careful with your words when you wish to make a point.

J.T.
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
What does Darth Vader have to do with Martin Luther King other than they are both black?

Darth Vader was a white dude, homegirl. Did you even watch the movies?

King
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
The go-to non-Christian move is attacking anything and everything you don't believe - so I guess we're all cliches in here.

I never said it was because of fear. I believe what I believe because I've seen it work. I've seen how it's changed my life. That's one thing that nobody can debate is how my life is changed for it. I've never told anybody that their life will be different for doing anything. I've merely said what's worked for me. The part I mentioned is just a perk. Consider it buying insurance from the dealer. I still believe what I have is good, but my bases are covered either way.

Like I said, though, believe what you want - I won't push anything on anyone.

mouse
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
i have nothing against people who practice religion or worship god, i do have a problem with people who think god is with them every step of the way.

Just the other day i was watching the amazing race the lady had to walk on this cable wire to one side to the other and her team mate said she will be ok god is going make sure she makes it to the other side safely. Ok lets say there is a god. I am sure with all that is going on in the world god is going stop what he or she is doing and make sure some game show contestant wins the amazing race.

I have no doubt that people feel the voice in their head is god or the holy spirit, and i am sure people think everything is a sign of god. "look i have a flat tire" you see? God wants me to be late for work, so i can get fired and because of that i will have a better job waiting for me. Did it ever occur to you that voice could really be satan?

What i don't get is why god didn't tell the people in chile and hatti there is an earth quake coming but he found the time to give you career advice?

Worship god, and make him proud don't make a fool out of him. If some of you only knew how much damage you do when you say silly shit it makes the non believers even more convinced religion is a joke.

My 2 cents.

+1

King
03-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? By and large christians have practiced shoving their propaganda down our collective throats for many a years far more than the other way around. Hell, I had a boss at my old job who attended a conference in Phoenix to learn how to debate "non believers". I think you should be more careful with your words when you wish to make a point.

There are exceptions to every rule. Re-read this entire thread. People are attacking her every statement.

Does every Christian you come across 'shove their propaganda down your throat,' or have a few extremes (like your ex-boss, apparently) skewed your perception as a whole? I've never been to a conference like that - nor heard of one - and neither has anyone I know.

CuckingFunt
03-09-2010, 03:22 PM

There's an assumption here, and it's a common one amongst Christians, that God is the only path to morality. Which is both untrue and, frankly, insulting. I am exceedingly confident in the fact that I am a good and moral person, who has lived a good and moral life, and I've managed it just fine even without God telling me not to steal or kill anyone.

symple19
03-09-2010, 03:22 PM
I personally agree with Angel and Ash. It works for me. I've seen it, I've used it, it's helped me. An example is this last year, when my wife and I were going to buy a house. We found one we really liked, but it was a little more than we wanted to spend - but we kept being drawn to the house. So, we prayed about it, and asked for guidance and God to confirm that it was the right house. After the prayer, I had the Bible and half-jokingly said I was going to open the Bible to a random page and point at a random place and look for an answer. I opened it, pointed and landed on the words "God's confirmation." That worked for us.

Now, I'm sure a lot of you will write that off as coincidence - but by the sheer number of verses, books, and chapters in the bible - landing on one that had the verbatim words I was looking for was more than that for me. And ironically, the ones who write it off as coincidence will be the same ones talking about karma in another thread someday.

This is more craziness...Why? Why not just give yourself some fucking credit for making a good decision and not signing it all away to a fucking book and a bearded man in the sky? If there is a god, he probably wouldn't give a fuck about you nor your trivial, materialistic pursuits!!!

Nigerians are being slaughtered, wars being fought worldwide, poverty, starvation, earthquakes...And god is going to take a break and give you some fucking guidance on a goddamn house purchase?!! Please... The fact that you opening the bible to a random fucking page was what sealed the deal cannot be sane.

To each their own, sure, but I choose sanity and common sense

Get over yourself

benefactor
03-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Worship God, and make him proud don't make a fool out of him. If some of you only knew how much damage you do when you say silly shit it makes the non believers even more convinced religion is a joke.

I somehow missed this post(ADD), but this statement is probably the best one of the whole thread. The arguing back and forth with people who have no real interest in believing anything you are trying to convince them of is probably a close second.

benefactor
03-09-2010, 03:27 PM
The go-to non-Christian move is attacking anything and everything you don't believe - so I guess we're all cliches in here.

And the go to Christian move seems to be to attack back, which is not at all what Jesus taught Christians to do.

Blake
03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Obviously Blake, I do not have all the answers. That is why I read my Bible, pray, and seek God on a daily basis. That is why I take steps of faith because I do not know how everything will turn out.

that's one of my problems with Christian preachers.

They can spin all of life's victories and tragedies into being God's will.

Some have stated that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment on New Orleans.

Meanwhile, Las Vegas thrives on.....

Sometimes you can be doing the right thing and still face extreme opposition and endure much difficulty. An example of this is Martin Luther King and all he accomplished.

MLK got shot and killed. If he was doing the Lord's work so well, then why did God call him home?

Blake
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
All I'm saying is that arguing about religion on the internets has never led anywhere, since no one is ever wrong on the internets, isn't that right Blake? True or false

That's true.

but that's not what you said in the previous post.

Blake
03-09-2010, 03:50 PM
But I NEVER personally attack posters on this board without being provoked. I troll people who say all kinds of dumb things, but never without being provoked. I troll people for saying stuff like "dirk is a giant vagina, mavs suck 4 rings faggot" or anything just totally ridiculous that I feel warrants being made fun of. But never will I just attack someone for saying something that is totally non malicious and not meant to be offensive to anyone. I spank idiotic purposely obnoxious persons when I see them, that's my thing.

Just curious, exactly what did I say to you that made you post this on my profile page:

you flesh forkin pornocchio lego headed tony danza wanna be ass Jizzard of Oz hippie communist. youre some bucktooth crosseyed sister fuckin hillbilly trying to fuck a virgin underaged phutak girl with chalk while doing some straight homosexual country music special olympics gay shit with the other hand. you lord of the flies lookin ass muther fucker. you prolly dream of a picnics with jeffrey damer every night.

Blake
03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
After the prayer, I had the Bible and half-jokingly said I was going to open the Bible to a random page and point at a random place and look for an answer. I opened it, pointed and landed on the words "God's confirmation." That worked for us.

last time I just opened the Bible at random it landed on the verse that went "Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; / And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; / And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; / And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; / And Jesse begat David the king"..

I was afraid my wife would end up preggers.

Blake
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
There's an assumption here, and it's a common one amongst Christians, that God is the only path to morality. Which is both untrue and, frankly, insulting. I am exceedingly confident in the fact that I am a good and moral person, who has lived a good and moral life, and I've managed it just fine even without God telling me not to steal or kill anyone.

what is even more disgusting to me than that is the idea that a person who lives a good, productive, selfless, charitable, but unbelieving life will still end up tortured and burning in hell for eternity....

while the murderer on death row can ask for forgiveness at the last minute and be accepted into Heaven.

I throw up a little in my mouth every time I hear someone try to justify it.

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Back again.

Just had to go tell my parents the cancer had advanced to my sisters brain in several spots.

Gods Will be done.

mouse
03-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Major Racks to Angel_luv for keeping a job this long,and for being able to support her religious beliefs as she finds the time to keep a cool head as she pulls out the smack and stands her ground.

Second rack for a topic over three pages. :tu

on a side note I am not sure who said they talk to God but, can you ask him why the seed in the avocado is so big?

Thanks.

CosmicCowboy
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
on a side note I am not sure who said they talk to God but, can you ask him why the seed in the avocado is so big?

Thanks.

Duhhh...so he could make the seeds in pot small. If they were the size of avocado seeds they could blow your nose off.

mrsmaalox
03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I wonder why God didn't bother to tell these guys to keep their mitts off of little boys?

"Pope's brother: I ignored physical abuse reports"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100309/ap_on_re_eu/eu_vatican_church_abuse;_ylt=AlTTZK6xueNHiRfomnB.w V534T0D;_ylu=X3oDMTJvMmNlaXJ1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwM zA5L2V1X3ZhdGljYW5fY2h1cmNoX2FidXNlBGNwb3MDMgRwb3M DNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNwb3Blc2Jyb3RoZXI-

Rack The Trolls!
03-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Major Racks to Angel_luv for keeping a job this long,and for being able to support her religious beliefs as she finds the time to keep a cool head as she pulls out the smack and stands her ground.

Second rack for a topic over three pages. :tu

Thanks.

Please let me do the racking around here I don't want to lose my job ok ASS HOLE?

:toast

Rack The Trolls!
03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Duhhh...so he could make the seeds in pot small. If they were the size of avocado seeds they could blow your nose off.

:lmao Who knew country rednecks can do stand up! :toast

remingtonbo2001
03-09-2010, 06:28 PM
OK... I normally restrain from commenting on such personal matters but would you care to explain how God talked to you? Or you meant that for some reasons you HAD to quit school (financial reasons or other reasons) and you concluded it was the voice of GOD and that he had better things in store for you?

I wasn't forced to quit school. I actually had been offered finacial aid which would have covered the cost of tuition for the following semester.

As well, I would have been able to finish out some courses online. So, therefore, to my knowledge, would have had some flexibility while working full-time.

ploto
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
It really is pretty simple:

Boy meet girl.
Girl wants to get married even though boy is in college.
Boy takes semester off to make wife happy since they just got married.
Buy quits college to work more.
Wife quits job.

Given that Angel is the one who "guided" Bo to his faith, he listens to her and believes what she tells him to do. Something tells me it is not so much the voice of God as it the voice of a wife getting what she wants.

It is easy to find ways to support whatever it is that you want. You can find Scripture; you can find writings; you can fnd movies; or anything else to tell you that you should do whatever it is that you want to do.

You can even assure yourself that quitting your job was the right thing because you made a meatloaf.

PM5K
03-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I actually had been offered finacial aid which would have covered the cost of tuition for the following semester.

Sounds like the voice of God to me, why didn't you listen?

ploto
03-09-2010, 06:51 PM
But, just kept the faith that something was going to happen. Prayed about it all, hoping that maybe there was something else out there...

I think that you are talking about the priorities that you have and waiting for a job in which you could do the type of work that you desire to do. I really see that more as you having certain ideals and sticking to them.

The Reckoning
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
right now i could decide on 200 different career paths, and chances are i could credit any one i choose to the voice of God if i look back.

bigzak25
03-09-2010, 06:57 PM

is it that God is the only path to morality or that that the way of Jesus is the path to salvation?

and while i agree that we should hold ourselves accountable for our morality, i must inquire how does one come to determine what is good and moral as opposed to bad and immoral?

is it not all relative? to whom are we comparing ourselves when making these self judgements?

bigzak25
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
what is even more disgusting to me than that is the idea that a person who lives a good, productive, selfless, charitable, but unbelieving life will still end up tortured and burning in hell for eternity....

"a person who lives a good, productive, selfless, charitable life."

based upon whose point of view? those are all comparative qualities.

imo, true Christians are to compare their path to the path of Jesus and hold themselves accountable.

that is, if one seeking spirituality on a higher plane.

for those that choose not to walk the path, why would it disgust you that they wouldn't reach the destination?

if one goes to college and gets straight A's, but never chooses a degree plan, what have they really accomplished.

with no true purpose, no defined goal, one will wander aimlessly, even if it is with the best intentions.

while the murderer on death row can ask for forgiveness at the last minute and be accepted into Heaven.

one does not barter their way into spiritual enlightenment.

J.T.
03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Not everyone is going to work at a job they love doing so much it doesn't even feel like work. I'd quit the shit job that I have in a heartbeat if someone signed me to a contract as a studio guitarist or some shit. Mr. French in The Departed said it best: "Well make more fuckin' money. This is America. You don't make money, then you're a fuckin' douchebag."

Blake
03-09-2010, 07:21 PM
"a person who lives a good, productive, selfless, charitable life."

based upon whose point of view? those are all comparative qualities.

p.o.v. of what is good is irrelevant for a Christian in terms of salvation.

That's part of the problem.

imo, true Christians are to compare their path to the path of Jesus and hold themselves accountable.

that is, if one seeking spirituality on a higher plane.

for those that choose not to walk the path, why would it disgust you that they wouldn't reach the destination?

if one goes to college and gets straight A's, but never chooses a degree plan, what have they really accomplished.

with no true purpose, no defined goal, one will wander aimlessly, even if it is with the best intentions.

I'm not seeking spirituality on a higher plane.

My goal is to figure out what happens after we die.

one does not barter their way into spiritual enlightenment.

I didn't imply that the murderer on death row is trying to barter his way into spiritual enlightenment.

I implied that the rules of Christian salvation say that even a murderer on death row can ask for forgiveness, believe and enter Heaven.

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Just curious, exactly what did I say to you that made you post this on my profile page:

got tired of seeing you spewing your diarrhea all over the forum, that's why i started fucking with you tbh. you've been a lot better lately though

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
re·fuse
to decline to give; deny (a request, demand, etc.): to refuse permission.

choose
to select from a number of possibilities; pick by preference:

get it?

i never said that anyone was holding a gun to your head and choosing which user name you were posting under, faggot

so you CHOOSE to post your hateful opinions under this troll, because it's easier to hide behind it and take the pussy way out. like i've been saying all along :tu

Blake
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
got tired of seeing you spewing your diarrhea all over the forum, that's why i started fucking with you tbh. you've been a lot better lately though

I havent posted any differently than I normally do.

You however have definitely been a lot better lately after getting pwned and publicly humiliated by timvp, bra.

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I havent posted any differently than I normally do.

You however have definitely been a lot better lately after getting pwned and publicly humiliated by timvp, bra.

I didn't get pwned and humiliated brah, you know how many people contacted me outside the forums congratulating me and laughing their asses off about that whole thing? i never said anything that wasn't 100% true throughout that entire battle, IMHO.

but yeah i've lightened up on the trolling, in a totally unrelated set of circumstances. people are stepping their game up on this board or as timvp likes to call it "raising the bar," so there's less idiots for me to fuck with and more intelligent conversation to participate in. simple as that

Rack The Trolls!
03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
, faggot

you CHOOSE to post your hateful opinions

does anyone else see the irony?

san antonio spurs
03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
I wasn't forced to quit school. I actually had been offered finacial aid which would have covered the cost of tuition for the following semester.

As well, I would have been able to finish out some courses online. So, therefore, to my knowledge, would have had some flexibility while working full-time.

How did God tell you to quit school? If anything, he was giving you every opportunity you needed to be successful at school, but again... I can be wrong

mavs>spurs2
03-09-2010, 08:05 PM
does anyone else see the irony?

sup bigzak

Rack The Trolls!
03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
God is the only path to morality or that that the way of Jesus is the path to salvation

and while i agree that we should hold ourselves accountable for our morality, i must inquire how does one come to determine what is good and moral as opposed to bad and immoral?

is it not all relative? to whom are we comparing ourselves when making these self judgements?

Is this before or after you take mouse's only bud of weed, and his last 30.00 dollars when he was homeless and needed help?

bigzak25
03-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Is this before or after you take mouse's only bud of weed, and his last 30.00 dollars when he was homeless and needed help?

i have no desire to post the mouse vs. bigzak tally here.

and i'm pretty sure that i have neither typed nor insinuated that my path is the way. :lol

i'm simply sharing beliefs in an open discussion.

so check yourself, my friend. before you riggity wreck yourself. :toast

bigzak25
03-09-2010, 09:02 PM
p.o.v. of what is good is irrelevant for a Christian in terms of salvation.

That's part of the problem.

please explain. you mean the literalist christian?

I'm not seeking spirituality on a higher plane.

My goal is to figure out what happens after we die.

:lol sorry man.

that's like saying i'm not interested in eating healthy or exercising.

my goal is to lose weight.

I didn't imply that the murderer on death row is trying to barter his way into spiritual enlightenment.

I implied that the rules of Christian salvation say that even a murderer on death row can ask for forgiveness, believe and enter Heaven.

okay. i don't know. maybe they can, maybe they can't. i think it could be possible for someone who has committed the act of murder to repent. i mean truly repent, and give their lives to Christ. but people are very flippant about what 'give your life to Christ' means. and whether that is possible when involuntarily incarcerated is a whole nuther question.

bigzak25
03-09-2010, 09:06 PM
you can't give your life to christ if your ass belongs to the state!

mouse
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
i have no desire to post the mouse vs. bigzak tally here.

and i'm pretty sure that i have neither typed nor insinuated that my path is the way. :lol

i'm simply sharing beliefs in an open discussion.

so check yourself, my friend. before you riggity wreck yourself. :toast

It's a shame your friendship is gone because of a set of used Speakers. But that's life I guess. I just need to make sure in the future if i ever get a new friend what price tag can end our friendship.

who knew yours was 60.00 dollars? unless.............ummmm...maybe you was really never my friend in the first place? (something to ponder)

bigzak25
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
whatever helps you sleep at night man. :tu

angel_luv
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Boy meet girl.
Wife quits job.

Given that Angel is the one who "guided" Bo to his faith, he listens to her and believes what she tells him to do. Something tells me it is not so much the voice of God as it the voice of a wife getting what she wants.

It is easy to find ways to support whatever it is that you want. You can find Scripture; you can find writings; you can fnd movies; or anything else to tell you that you should do whatever it is that you want to do.

You can even assure yourself that quitting your job was the right thing because you made a meatloaf.

Ploto, that is enough!

Given that 95% of your and my discussions have been Rasho or Raptors related, I find it surprising that you presume you have so much inside knowledge into Bo's and my decision making process.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Assume away- but make no mistake, that is all you are doing.

I would like to be on good terms with you but if we cannot communicate honestly then there really is no point.

mouse
03-09-2010, 09:22 PM

Why bring your sister in this?

mouse
03-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Ploto, that is enough!

Given that 95% of your and my discussions have been Rasho or Raptors related, I find it surprising that you presume you have so much inside knowledge into Bo's and my decision making process.

I would like to be on good terms with you but if we cannot communicate honestly then there really is no point.

Angel I thought you knew when someone is trying to get your goat? Don't be so gullible your an old timer in the club! :toast

don't be so fast to take the bate.

http://www.hotline.ie/cms/images/HookLineSinker.jpg

BTW when are we going to meet the now famous BO?

ploto
03-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I just do not get the notion that if things turn out the way someone wants, then that equates to God's will. Whose to say that you are supposed to be all complacent and comfortable. God should be making you uncomfortable at times, in my view.

The end does not mean that the journey was the correct one.

mouse
03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I hate when people think GOD is there like on star ready to help you unlock your car 24 hours a day.

The dude did enough making a beautiful planet earth and giving us food and air is that not enough?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Scary.

How long before we get a God and/or oil change/wiper blade deal forum?

Please?

ploto
03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
How did God tell you to quit school? If anything, he was giving you every opportunity you needed to be successful at school, but again... I can be wrong

Or how can he be so sure that God is not speaking to him through the people here who are encouraging him to finish his degree?

remingtonbo2001
03-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Boy meet girl.
Wife quits job.

I was the one who first suggested marriage.

In fact, I was the individual which pushed the issue time and time again.

Veronica was cautious about marriage.

Veronica is a wonderful blessing in my life. Furthermore, the decision for Veronica to spend more time at home was discussed and decided by the both of us. It's a shame that someone would think otherwise.

marini martini
03-10-2010, 01:15 AM

Veronica is a wonderful blessing in my life. Furthermore, the decision for Veronica to spend more time at home was discussed and decided by the both of us. It's a shame that someone would think otherwise.

+100,000,000,000:toast

So Bo, you gonna be at the Naco place on Thursday, I need my oil change & free inspection!:D

mouse
03-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Scary.

How long before we get a God and/or oil change/wiper blade deal forum?

Please?

Saul Silver
03-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Did she take your name, Bo?

Remember, if she doesn't take your name, she doesn't love you.

ploto
03-10-2010, 06:54 AM
I will gladly change my perception the day that Bo comes in here and posts that she is sacrificing for him to have his dream- that she is doing something that is NOT what she wants so that he can do what he wants. Until that day, it pretty much appears that she is the one getting what she wants while he puts aside a goal he worked years for and while he works his tail off to be the sole support.

I definitely have a control issue. I am always advising Bo...

But it is ridiculous of how I am always giving him constant suggestions, and instructions, and vetoing or adjusting plans he's made.

...still I constantly interfere and advise and correct.

J.T.
03-10-2010, 07:54 AM
I will gladly change my perception the day that Bo comes in here and posts that she is sacrificing for him to have his dream- that she is doing something that is NOT what she wants so that he can do what he wants. Until that day, it pretty much appears that she is the one getting what she wants while he puts aside a goal he worked years for and while he works his tail off to be the sole support.

Homey did what he had to do to get laid.

remingtonbo2001
03-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Everytime she steps foot into my parents house. That's a sacrifice in and of itself. :king

Being serious for a moment. Veronica offered to work while I pursued to complete my education. God obviously had a different plan in store for us for the time being.

It is my belief and desire for Veronica to be at home. I have had this belief and desire before I met Veronica.

Honestly, Veronica is the most caring person I know. Personally, I'm shocked by some of the opinions I have encountered. It's obvious some of you have no clue who she is.

Finally...

Joshua 24:15 (NIV), “But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

Bukefal
03-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Ploto, that is enough!

Everytime she steps foot into my parents house. That's a sacrifice in and of itself. :king

Being serious for a moment. Veronica offered to work while I pursued to complete my education. God obviously had a different plan in store for us for the time being.

It is my belief and desire for Veronica to be at home. I have had this belief and desire before I met Veronica.

Honestly, Veronica is the most caring person I know. Personally, I'm shocked by some of the opinions I have encountered. It's obvious some of you have no clue who she is.

Finally...

Joshua 24:15 (NIV), “But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

I dont want to join your discussion and all. But what I dont get is, why the hell are you two throwing your personal/private life and matters out in the open on a freakin forum? And afterwards wondering why people say some things you dont like and being shocked of peoples responses and them not knowing how you are. It's a matter which means much to you and shit to others. :bang

leemajors
03-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Bo = God?

J.T.
03-10-2010, 09:02 AM
why the hell are you two throwing your personal/private life and matters out in the open on a freakin forum?

Because there's a little attention whore in all of us.

gollum
03-10-2010, 10:07 AM

angel_luv
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Bo, thank you very, very much for your kinds posts about me. You are my hero. :makeout

angel_luv
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I just do not get the notion that if things turn out the way someone wants, then that equates to God's will. Whose to say that you are supposed to be all complacent and comfortable. God should be making you uncomfortable at times, in my view.

The end does not mean that the journey was the correct one.

Ploto, I will admit that the tone of your posts to me in the past few months has both stung and suprised me. I considered you and I to be friends of sorts- in the regard that we have corresponded so much about the Raptors.
But to me the language of your posts gives no indication that you find me tolerable, much less likeable.

I am sure that were I to set my hurt feelings aside, I would find wisdom to be gained from your posts. That has been very difficult for me to do so far, but I plan to keep a better perspective in the future.

benefactor
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Because there's a little attention whore in all of us.
In psychiatric circles we call this "channeling your inner borderline."

mouse
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
The Snagit page got in the way and I am not on that laptop anymore but you can see in the background the software.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/mark-allen-1.jpg

desflood
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow Angel, did you ever think that such a simple announcement - "Hey guys, I'm quitting my mall job," - would lead to such venom? For a self-professed "good girl", you sure have a talent for stirring up trouble. :p:

mouse
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
this is a prototype badge we may use, I was drinking beer so don't mind the mistakes.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/markallen-2.jpg

DisAsTerBot
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
this is a prototype badge we may use, I was drinking beer so don't mind the mistakes.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/markallen-2.jpg

it's a sign!!!!

mrsmaalox
03-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't really have the patience to participate in these back and forth pissing contests, but I have been reading, and whatever Angel's reasons are for quitting that job, it seems like a lot of people think that her ulterior motive is to live a leisurely, fantasy life while Bo sacrifices and works his fingers to the bone to support her. She's only quitting one of her two jobs.

clambake
03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
why don't you work at a church?

Blake
03-10-2010, 11:54 AM

I loled

spursfan09
03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
And Bo seems like a big boy capable of making decisions. I'm sure they worked it out before telling us. I don't see the problem in quitting one of her jobs. Why stress over 2 jobs? It's not like she couldn't get another one. Anyway, some woman like to stay home and take care it. That's fine! Just don't judge those that can't. LOL. Like me. :)

Pero
03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
why don't you work at a church?

Because she's not a little boy.

clambake
03-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Because she's not a little boy.

zing

MannyIsGod
03-10-2010, 11:57 AM
This thread delivers.

clambake
03-10-2010, 11:59 AM
This thread delivers.

yes it does.

he says they made the decision together.......yet she admits to manipulating every aspect of their life.

Blake
03-10-2010, 12:02 PM
I didn't get pwned and humiliated brah, you know how many people contacted me outside the forums congratulating me and laughing their asses off about that whole thing?

i never said anything that wasn't 100% true throughout that entire battle, IMHO.

yes you did, whether you and the thousands of your slappy friends know it or not.

you trying to "battle" the owner of the message board is pwnage from the start.

but yeah i've lightened up on the trolling, in a totally unrelated set of circumstances. people are stepping their game up on this board or as timvp likes to call it "raising the bar," so there's less idiots for me to fuck with and more intelligent conversation to participate in. simple as that

you've lightened up in a totally unrelated set of circumstances?

:lol that's funny.

Keep telling yourself you won the "battle".

MannyIsGod
03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Veronica will learn the lessons may of us have learned eventually: there is some shit you just don't post on the internet.

I don't think she's a bad person at all, and I'm sure she's try to gold dig Bo so she can sit at home and eat bon bons, BUT I LOLed when Bo said that he was the one who brought up marriage etc etc. We all do what we gotta do for sex.

I think Bo and Veronica are good people even though they strike me as bat shit crazy. Then again most of the world strikes me as bat shit crazy and at least I can count on them to procreate the child stars of Jesus Camp 2: The 2nd generation which will provide me with some good entertainment.

symple19
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Veronica will learn the lessons may of us have learned eventually: there is some shit you just don't post on the internet.

I don't think she's a bad person at all, and I'm sure she's try to gold dig Bo so she can sit at home and eat bon bons, BUT I LOLed when Bo said that he was the one who brought up marriage etc etc. We all do what we gotta do for sex.

I think Bo and Veronica are good people even though they strike me as bat shit crazy. Then again most of the world strikes me as bat shit crazy and at least I can count on them to procreate the child stars of Jesus Camp 2: The 2nd generation which will provide me with some good entertainment.