PDA

View Full Version : Jason Williams goes off on reporter

Kori Ellis
05-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Associated Press

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis guard Jason Williams took out his anger over how he was quoted in a newspaper column by grabbing a pen out of the writer's hand Sunday night after the Grizzlies' playoff loss to the Phoenix Suns.

The Suns had just swept the Grizzlies out of the opening round by winning 123-115 in Game 4. Reporters were in the Memphis locker room when Williams twice took the pen out of the hand of Geoff Calkins, a columnist for The Commercial Appeal.

Williams screamed in his ear as the reporter tried talking to other Grizzlies.

"You can talk to TNT, but don't answer this [reporter's] questions," Williams said. "I'm not letting him write anything. I didn't do anything. I just took his pen." :lol

Eventually, Williams had to be pulled away by Grizzlies guard Mike Miller. But after getting in Calkins' face again, another Memphis official took Williams out of the locker room.

The column that appeared in Sunday's newspaper was critical of the Grizzlies' lackadaisical play and included a quote from Williams, "I'm happy. I go home and see my kids and my wife and I'm OK. All of this [stuff] is secondary to me."

Williams set a playoff-high with 21 points in Game 2 and had 20 points and eight assists in Game 4.

orhe
05-02-2005, 03:16 AM
have to feel for williams though, his griz were in the game for every game right before he was subbed for earl watson.

the guy was playing great controlled ball while watson was fooling around.

fratello sucks (i liked memphis)

Gerryatrics
05-02-2005, 07:01 AM
I saw the video of him going off :lmao

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/malibus_most_wanted/malibusmostwanted1.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaamn, that cracker be trippin'!

Taco
05-02-2005, 07:35 AM
eminem had a solid game
:lol

Taco
05-02-2005, 11:31 AM
I saw the video of him going off :lmao

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/malibus_most_wanted/malibusmostwanted1.jpg

I just heard the clip

J-Wll no B-Rad yes :lmao

samikeyp
05-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Apparently you can take the boy out of the trailer park but can't take the trailer park out of the boy.

:lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM

Is that Kumar on the lower left? LOL

TNT21
05-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Damn, swept out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, that's gotta suck! I guess my only question would be what is the difference between going fishing now and a week ago? Maybe just a little humiliation.

Clandestino
05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
yeah, i heard him on rome! too fucking funny!

Obstructed_View
05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
http://www.ukpoliticsmisc.org.uk/weblog/images/wigga_small.jpg

WHIT EBOY lost his mind, y'all!

Duff McCartney
05-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Seriously, who expected the Grizz to win even one game? I said that series was over before it even started. As soon as the seedings were set, I said, well..looks like Phoenix gets a bye in the first round.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I thought Phoenix looked beatable after game 1 of the series, but Memphis is just terrible on so many levels, it's surprising to see how much they've regressed since last year.

T Park
05-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Id like to ask the reporter something.

Hed put his job, ahead of his wife and kid???

The writer is a dick.

Of course hes happy, he plays basketball for a living and has a wonderfull family at home.

What the hell is wrong with that??

Im with J Will on this one.

dcole50
05-02-2005, 04:51 PM
way to be a five year old, "jwill."

Obstructed_View
05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
The writer is a dick.
Im with J Will on this one.
Taking the writer's quote at face value, it sure seems that way. Williams wasn't conceding that game, and he played about as well as he's capable of playing.

That said, he's still a bit of a clown. "you ain't gotta do nuthin' home boy". The guy needs to shave his initials in the side of his head.

dcole50
05-02-2005, 05:05 PM
i agree. the writer was out of line ... but what a punk williams looked like. taking his pen away? what a joke.

sawils
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
All I can say is he looked like a complete idiot. HEY HOMEBOY, grab a mirror, you're white. He could have kept the pen but along with it he would have gotten a foot in the a**.