PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James

BanditHiro
03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
do you guys hate LeBron James and if you do why?

tothrowed
03-05-2010, 09:29 PM
no lebron james is a beast

Josepatches_
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
No.

ducks
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
no what?
he breaks rules at school
he refuses to shake hands at end of playoff series
even kobe and mj do
he wears 23 then tells the world no one should
then he decides to not wear 23

ducks
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
no lebron james is a beast

so if he is beast you must like him
if he sucks then you can not?

ned_ryerson
03-05-2010, 10:12 PM
i'm an 80s baby and that guy is a pussy.

he's an all-time great already.

but if you're gonna be an unlikable personality, at least be a dominating badass. not some pro wrestler whooping it up on the sidelines when you're winning, and crying when losing.

the current generation (of 80s babies) never learned to properly control their egos.

birdy219
03-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I like him. I can't help myself. I try not to because of the hype, but he is just so good that he has won me over. If the Spurs don't make it :depressed, then I will actually pull for LeBron not Shaq though :bang. :lmao :flag:

FeZZy
03-05-2010, 10:19 PM
i like him more than kobe

BanditHiro
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
does it really bother people that he didn't shake the magic's hands after he lost?

birdy219
03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
does it really bother people that he didn't shake the magic's hands after he lost?

What does that have to do with the Spurs? :huh

He came to the locker room to congratulate Timmay after he sent him :fishing

so I got nothing but love for him. You sound like those butt hurt kobe fans who try their best to discount everything about him in order to build up their hero.
Yes, it's the up standing community icon.... kobe bean bryant. :hat

spursfaninla
03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Ducks hate of Lebron has been since day one of him coming into the league because he was SO hyped. He had no other good reason for hating on him.

So now, conveniently, he has some talking points.

I don't personally like Lebron, but I respect his game. I do not think he has done anything to garner the hate the ducks or others hold toward him.

Kobe, OTOH...

ned_ryerson
03-05-2010, 10:32 PM

no, but his reason of "i didn't do it because i'm a winner" just makes him look ridiculous. a damn fine ballplayer, but he's just been pumped so full of stock phrases from his pr handlers that he often comes across as being extremely dense.

he says the shit that he "should" say, but it's awkward because it's usually in the wrong situation. it's like he can't process the right stock response to use at the right time.

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 10:37 PM
i dont hate him

his powder clap come to jesus ritual before games is as stupid as it gets, i think the guy thinks he is healing the sick with that powder

also the 23 thing is annoying and totally transparent, he wore 23 because of jordan, for seven fucking years, then says hes honoring jordan

plus as a rookie we all forget this is the man that came up with the most ridiculous press conference answer in the history of sports when he said " im humble, im the humblest player in the nba, aint nobody humbler than me, im the most humble player"

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
The guy is an incredible player and has managed to do something that not many people have ever done, exceed the crazy hype surrounding him.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
his over marketed by his sponsors imo

fkn

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 10:48 PM
hes a basketball freak, if you want to get into basketball talk though i would pick carmelo, wade, durant, kobe before him if i were starting a team

he cant not dominate the ball, you have to put the ball in his hands and i wouldnt want my best wing player to do that, you need a traditional PG. the best players can and do let the game come to them

not that he wont win a title, hes an obvious 1st team all nba guy. It just pains me to watch cleveland on offense

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
You would be the only one who picks someone over Bron. Wade? That cat needs the ball in his hands just as much and he is not nearly as efficient. Same with Durant.

Bron is like Magic but way more athletic. Same situation. He is not as good of a play maker as Magic, but you get the point.

kjhip1
03-05-2010, 10:51 PM
he's a one of a kind athlete but he still lacks what KOBE has and that's clutchness. I love my Spurs but Kobe is the guy you dont want to have the ball at the end of a tight game when he's playing your team...

Lebron needs to drop the #6 as well...no one deserves to wear Dr. J or Bill Russell's Jersey number. He needs to develop a consistent mid jumper and that clutchness to become great...oh and WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

ned_ryerson
03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
i dont hate him

his powder clap come to jesus ritual before games is as stupid as it gets, i think the guy thinks he is healing the sick with that powder

also the 23 thing is annoying and totally transparent, he wore 23 because of jordan, for seven fucking years, then says hes honoring jordan

plus as a rookie we all forget this is the man that came up with the most ridiculous press conference answer in the history of sports when he said " im humble, im the humblest player in the nba, aint nobody humbler than me, im the most humble player"

that's exactly the kind of stuff i'm talking about. he's so oblivious that he doesn't realize what he's actually saying and how it comes across.

it makes me laugh when writers, especially bill simmons, laud him for his charisma

TDomination
03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't hate him, but i'm not a fan of his

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 11:00 PM
wade and magic put diamond rings in his face for one

i wouldnt want to put all my eggs in one basket with Lebron, of course if he would play like a wing and let the game come to him it would be different

of course durant isnt better in 2010, lebron gets triple doubles all the time and throws alley oops yeah but his halfcourt offensive game is selfish and boring

jordan couldve played point too, and he did a lot in crunchtime, but he realized it was better for the team to let scrubs like old ron harper, paxson, armstrong, kerr run the offense

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 11:02 PM
He is not selfish, he has to do it. Mo Williams and West? Bron will easily put a ring on his fingers and multiple MVP's.

Call him what you will, but selfish is off base. Those guy's did run the offense. They gave the ball to Jordan and hit shots when open.

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
how about turnin on ur tv and you wanna catch a nba game, its like cavs games are shown everyweek......

hence its even worst when you watch the highlights, his likely to appear on it

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Lebron is certainly self absorbed, but not to the point where I think he is a bad guy. The guy has had people on his jock for so long and he is the best player in the NBA. So all things considered, I think he is decent.

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 11:05 PM
so mo williams and delonte are worse than old ron harper, paxson, kerr and bj armstrong?

no way

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Those guys did not run the team. They gave the ball to Jordan and stayed ready to shoot. Phil used to always yell at them and tell them not to just watch Jordan play.

Bron as strong as he is, and as much as he controls the ball does not force things over and over. Sometimes, yes, but reads the game and takes what is given to him.

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
hes a great player, but if i was a coach i wouldnt be very confident trying to reinvent the half court offense to please one player

DPG21920
03-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Dude, their coach sucks. He knows nothing about offense. If you give him someone like Billups or ... it would just make him better. But he is so good with the ball and so unselfish that it makes sense to run offense through him.

May not be traditional, but it works.

phxspurfan
03-05-2010, 11:23 PM
so mo williams and delonte are worse than old ron harper, paxson, kerr and bj armstrong?

no way

Back in the day it wasn't believed you needed 8,000 all stars on one team to be a contender. Look at the Knicks. I was a huge fan of theirs but when I watch old video of them all I recognize are Starks, Oakley and Ewing -- but they played as a team.

mookie2001
03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
and mason and mark jackson one of the greatest pgs of all time but i hear you

DAF86
03-05-2010, 11:53 PM
If Lebron wins at least 3 championships and plays at the level he's playing right now for at least 5 more years he's a top 5 players of all time.

J_Paco
03-06-2010, 12:24 AM
No doubt, LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. He could hold that distinction for the next 5-10 years. I do believe he's pretty self-absorbed, but so is Michael Jordan and most elite athletes, and the media remains on his nuts.

But, when it comes down to it LeBron represents a combination of athleticism, size, skill and power that the league hasn't seen since Wilt. I didn't like him to begin his career, God we were hearing hype about this guy since he was junior in high school, but eventually even I came around. He's an amazing athlete that continues to improve even to this day. He'll go down as one the 5-10 greatest NBA players ever, and we'll be able to recall how in the 2007 NBA Finals a 6'7, 215 lbs. Bruce Bowen locked his ass down to win a championship.

spursfaninla
03-06-2010, 12:30 AM
That was an early Bron year. I don't think Bowen at his elite years could have done it to lebron today; now, he is just too strong.

J_Paco
03-06-2010, 12:38 AM
That was an early Bron year. I don't think Bowen at his elite years could have done it to lebron today; now, he is just too strong.

I mean no disrespect, but for me that's irrelevant. Bruce had the assignment to guard a guy that outweighed him by 40 or 50 pounds, was far superior to him athletically and had torch the Spurs in the regular-season match up. Oh, and LeBron had just come off a record-breaking performance in the last round.

There you go... that nails it! Ego. Hubris. I'm speaking in generalities and of course their are exceptions. With Facebook, Myspace, twitter and god knows what the "look at me" factor is pretty sickening in your generation.

He is talented. But so was Magic, Bird, Jordan, and even Kobe. They all had ego's but it was UNDERSTOOD and SILENT, not so demonstrative.....

I'm an 80's baby, too. But, I've got to admit that most of that first statement rings true. We're the beginning of the "look at me" attitude and it only get worse from here. :lol:lol

Stringer_Bell
03-06-2010, 12:51 AM
I don't hate him, but I dislike his attitude toward basketball history and personal leadership. I can't stand it when players reform to themselves as "leader" or act as the defacto best player (even if it's true)...it's not humble and when they lose he basically makes it seem like his team is a bunch of bench guys that he needs to lead to the promise land (even if it's true). He talks about MJ's #23, but he seems to forget that Bill Russell and Julius Erving built #6...if the dude wanted to be "cool" he'd choose #25, 1 better than Kobe since I think he IS the player of this generation. It'd be a helluva story line too.

Other than that, his handlers do a good job keeping his image in control and he's not making dumb life decisions. He just thinks he's smarter and a better leader than he actually is.

raspsa
03-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Can't complain about his game. Its the other stuff that annoys me.. he's a poor loser.. sure you can be competitive but be man enough to admit that you're not infallible..

ManuTastic
03-06-2010, 07:22 AM
No.

AussieFanKurt
03-06-2010, 08:29 AM
i hate him because he gets every call