PDA

View Full Version : A little disappointed......

SequSpur
03-06-2010, 01:08 AM
after 4 days off and some prep time, I was expecting the spurs to come out and kick the shit out of the Hornets and make a statement.

That didn't happen. I didn't see any improvement either, in anything. I don't understand their preparation...

Maybe they are saving it for tonight.

Missed free throws, Tim Duncan to passive, Tony Parker was off, RJ was totally useless, another DNP for Mason...

The only player that seemed to take advantage of some practice was Bogans.

Geeze...

TJastal
03-06-2010, 08:30 AM
12-20 from 3 point range won this game. Bogans 4-6. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

spurtech09
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
um ok.....spurs won thats what matters.......why would the spurs want to waste so much engery when they have b2b games......gotta save the engery for memphis as well.......Im all about positive and the positive thing is that the spurs are winning.....

Dex
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh well. Teams don't pick up anything from blowout games other than coasting and overconfidence. While this team could certainly use a shot in the arm and a pat on the back, I'd rather them test their resolve, especially in the crunch, as much as possible going forward.

For some reason, I doubt the Spurs are going to see whole lot of 20 points blowouts in the playoffs. Not from the top side, anyways.

smeagol
03-06-2010, 03:53 PM
A little disappointed......

With you it's always "little" . . .

weebo
03-06-2010, 04:21 PM
With you it's always "little" . . .

:lol

TD 21
03-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Pop was managing minutes and in general (specifically in Duncan's case), the Spurs were pacing themselves for tonight's game against the Grizzlies. Both of these things made perfect sense, considering the Spurs were playing the mediocre Hornets, who they knew they could dispatch of with relative ease.

Stringer_Bell
03-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I too am disappointed that the Spurs didn't blow their load on the first night of a back 2 back, against a team that's obviously desperate for wins and willing to scrap for it......................shocking, really.

SequSpur
03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Pop was managing minutes and in general (specifically in Duncan's case), the Spurs were pacing themselves for tonight's game against the Grizzlies. Both of these things made perfect sense, considering the Spurs were playing the mediocre Hornets, who they knew they could dispatch of with relative ease.

this team is not good enough to turn off and on a switch...they played the way they did last night because that's the 2010 spurs.

TD 21
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
this team is not good enough to turn off and on a switch...they played the way they did last night because that's the 2010 spurs.

It's not about whether they're good enough to turn off and on a switch or not, it's what's necessary given the mileage of the big three. They can't log huge minutes and over-exert themselves on the first game of a back to back against a mediocre team anymore. If they do, they'll have nothing left the next game. They need to have their minutes managed and even when they are playing, pace themselves.

The remainder of the regular season is not about "sending messages" because this team isn't good enough for that. It's about getting through this relatively healthy, fresh, securing a playoff spot and hopefully moving up a couple of spots in the standings. If that all happens, then this team will be in the best possible situation they can be in entering the playoffs and might have a shot to upset someone in round one and at least get to a series against the Lakers.

exstatic
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
12-20 from 3 point range won this game. Bogans 4-6. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

He's shooting better from the arc for the year than Ginobili, and is behind only Bonner and Hill on the team. HE CAN FUCKING SHOOT. He just gets limited touches and shots, so you're going to see those 0-3 and 0-4 nights after one like last night. Guess what? If a 40% downtown gunner, excellent by any NBA standard, goes 4-5 one night, he's on percentage if he goes 0-5 the next night. Them's the breaks.

EricB
03-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Pish posh ex Dont you know Keith bogans is the worst player in the NBA though?