PDA

View Full Version : Could Parker's Injury lead to more minutes for Hairston, finally?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Thoughts?

Bartleby
03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Probably, if Hairston were a point guard. Otherwise I doubt it.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
yeah that's the thing, he usually plays the 3 spot, but he can also be a 2 guard since Manu and Mason will probably see more time at PG now

Bartleby
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I would like to see Malik get some minutes, but the reason I think it's unlikely is that it looks like Pop has already started playing his playoff rotation.

Flux451
03-07-2010, 12:36 PM
There is definitely going to be some avail PT. Hope so! This kid deserves it.

raspsa
03-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I would like to see Malik get some minutes, but the reason I think it's unlikely is that it looks like Pop has already started playing his playoff rotation.

We're all assuming that TP will be back in time for the POs.. its always possible he may require more time to recover in w/c case Pop may want to hedge his bets and get Malik into the flow of things just in case.

Flux451
03-07-2010, 12:51 PM

NOt anymore. It's up in the air

TIMMYD!
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
No, he will play the same amount of minutes he has all season long: 0.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-07-2010, 01:07 PM
he damn sure better

Dex
03-07-2010, 01:09 PM
The grass is always greener...

wildbill2u
03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Thoughts?

No, Pop, the mad bio-scientist, is gonna cross-train Mahinmi as a PG for the rest of the season.

ohmwrecker
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I think it depends on what Pop decides to do with the vacant starting spot and how that effects the rotation. It's more likely that the player who gets the largest increase in minutes will be RMJ whether he is moved into the starting lineup or not.
I don't think the 4 game streak has anything to do with Pop solidifying rotations, but more to do with the trade deadline passing and Finley's departure has helped chemistry issues now that everyone knows where they stand.
Pop is obviously being defensive minded in his starting line-up, but I don't see the advantage. The defense has been a huge issue all year and has only been marginally better recently.
I think it would be better if the lineups had a better offense/defense balance. It would be better to try and get a jump on opponents on the scoreboard and try to sustain that with more defense off the bench than taking a risk offensively to start the games. I would like to see Pop give Hairston and Mahinmi a chance off the bench to let them prove their worth and with a more balanced rotation, the risk would be negligable.
I think Pop is too stubborn to take a chance though. Unfortunately, I suspect he won't change things too much until it's too late.

weebo
03-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Now that Fin is gone and with Tony's injury, he'll get spot minutes but nothing more.

boutons_deux
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Hill could have used a lot more minutes late last season, and I bet Hairston will be the same. Pop is too damn stubborn.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Doubtful, although I think he'll get some minutes once in a while..Bogans had a good game vs. New Orleans, so that should buy him the rest of the season..

Bruno
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Mason will be the player who will get significantly more minutes.

jjktkk
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Hairston can't play any less. With Hill and Mason playing more pg, due to Parker's injury, Hairston should, at the very least, see a slight increase in minutes.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Hairston's not capable of contributing to an NBA team or else Pop would already be playing him. He's clearly not better than Bogans in practice, or wherever it is Pop sees him that the rest of us don't. We have to trust in that because, well, four rings faggot.

ElNono
03-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Hairston year will be next year, I think. That is if the team decides to give him an opportunity and keeps him. At least, they won't be able to send him to the Toros anymore.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Hairston year will be next year, I think. That is if the team decides to give him an opportunity and keeps him. At least, they won't be able to send him to the Toros anymore.

And I would normally say "And Finley won't be here to get the minutes" if Bogans, aka "Finley II: Electric Boogaloo", weren't on the roster.

ulosturedge
03-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Mason will indeed get most of the minutes. Bogans and Mason would have to go down for Hairston to get any significant minutes. Pop is already dead set on his rotation going into the playoffs and we all know how stubborn as fuck he is. Pop should have been developing Hairston this entire season, instead he wasted those minutes on Bogans. We won't see Hairston make any contributions until next season.

OrEmuN
03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I think the only way for Hairston to get more minutes is when we blows out the other team. Parker's inj is unlikely to result more minutes for him, regrettably

Thompson
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
There's a chance Pop gives Hairston more minutes if he stays angry with Mason (for whatever reason) and has him play almost exclusively at the backup point position. That would leave Ginobili and Hairston at the shooting guard position (Pop seems to like starting Bogans at SF and bringing Jefferson off the bench at that position).

It really depends on Pop's decisions, which is to say no one will have any freaking clue until the next game(s).

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2010, 09:19 PM
He SHOULD be playing him though, and I'm not just saying that from bias..I don't want to see Hill and Manu being worn down and playing huge minutes every night, especially Manu for obvious reasons..

galvatron3000
03-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Hairston's not capable of contributing to an NBA team or else Pop would already be playing him. He's clearly not better than Bogans in practice, or wherever it is Pop sees him that the rest of us don't. We have to trust in that because, well, four rings faggot.

I swear you almost had me...:lol

L.I.T
03-07-2010, 09:24 PM
You figure Hill is going to play his minutes exclusively at PG from now on. As a starter (PG/SG) Hill is averaging almost exactly 35 minutes a game. I doubt it goes up that much higher. Thus, there will be about 13 minutes, give or take, at PG.

Manu is averaging about 27.5 minutes; though he has only played a hand-full of minutes at PG this season (the bulk have been between SG/SF). You may be able to push Manu up to about 30 minutes a game. Playing him exclusively at SG means you still have about 18 minutes at SG to fill.

In all, there will be about 20-25 minutes to be filled at the guard spots. So, there could be some space for Hairston there if Mason goes back up to his 20 minutes per that he was averaging earlier this year.

Of course this is not taking into account any sort of demented small ball lineups that Pop may trot out. If that happens, there maybe more minutes than expected for Hairston.

L.I.T
03-07-2010, 09:24 PM
You figure Hill is going to play his minutes exclusively at PG from now on. As a starter (PG/SG) Hill is averaging almost exactly 35 minutes a game. I doubt it goes up that much higher. Thus, there will be about 13 minutes, give or take, at PG.

Manu is averaging about 27.5 minutes; though he has only played a hand-full of minutes at PG this season (the bulk have been between SG/SF). You may be able to push Manu up to about 30 minutes a game. Playing him exclusively at SG means you still have about 18 minutes at SG to fill.

In all, there will be about 20-25 minutes to be filled at the guard spots. So, there could be some space for Hairston there if Mason goes back up to his 20 minutes per that he was averaging earlier this year.

Of course this is not taking into account any sort of demented small ball lineups that Pop may trot out. If that happens, there maybe more minutes than expected for Hairston.

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 05:00 AM
I think Malik will play. Someone's gotta sub in for Hill or Mason.