03-07-2010, 05:25 PM
For so many reasons...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
The Magic should've won by 4

bostonguy
03-07-2010, 05:37 PM
For so many reasons...

Don't just say that and not give an explanation. Elaborate please.

Xylus
03-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Don't just say that and not give an explanation. Elaborate please.

Gladly.

-There were at least 15 botched calls by the refs. Almost every replay they showed of a foul call was called wrong.

-There was absolutely no reason why Matt Barnes should have been in that game in the 4th quarter. That dude is the biggest bitch in the NBA. It was an obvious ratings grab, since he should have been ejected way earlier.

-Kobe went into classic chucker mode after being harassed by his defender. Why did Kobe take like 7 straight contested long-range jumpers to end the game?

-Why didn't Gasol touch the ball more than a couple times in the 4th quarter?

That was just bad basketball from beginning to end. Not entertaining.

IronMexican
03-07-2010, 05:47 PM

Agreed. The game almost put me to sleep.

Baseline
03-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Bryant is singlehandedly destroying the best team in basketball.

Bryant takes 30 shots, Lakers lose. Bryant 12-30, Gasol, 8-13.

What else is new?

FkLA
03-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Barnes is a badass, Kobe is probably the most mentally strong player in the league but you could tell Barnes was getting into his head. All great teams need a player like that...I will give Kobe props for not flinching when Barnes faked the ball at his head though. Like Jeff Van Gundy said that mightve been the play of the game.

Goran Dragic
03-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Xylus who were you cheering for in this :lol

bostonguy
03-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Gladly.

-There were at least 15 botched calls by the refs. Almost every replay they showed of a foul call was called wrong.

-There was absolutely no reason why Matt Barnes should have been in that game in the 4th quarter. That dude is the biggest bitch in the NBA. It was an obvious ratings grab, since he should have been ejected way earlier.

-Kobe went into classic chucker mode after being harassed by his defender. Why did Kobe take like 7 straight contested long-range jumpers to end the game?

-Why didn't Gasol touch the ball more than a couple times in the 4th quarter?

You read my mind. Agreed. :toast

mavsfan1000
03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Barnes is a badass, Kobe is probably the most mentally strong player in the league but you could tell Barnes was getting into his head. All great teams need a player like that...I will give Kobe props for not flinching when Barnes faked the ball at his head though. Like Jeff Van Gundy said that mightve been the play of the game.
Maybe but he is one of the most selfish players as well. He doesn't get the team involved. Doesn't have good instincts for when to pass and when to shoot as he never chooses the pass. :lol

Lukor
03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Barnes shouldve been ejected. And LOL@that call at the inbound pass.
Seriously both teams should be disgusted by Salvatore there was so much stuff going wrong on both ends of the floor. And some of those foul calls on Bynum&Howard, oh my god.

Xylus
03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Xylus who were you cheering for in this :lol

I started out rooting for the Magic, but as the game went on and Matt Barnes continued to do more and more bitch-ass things with impunity, I became indifferent to the outcome.

I hate the Lakers, but seriously... fuck the Magic. I really hope that team gets beat early in the playoffs.

TJastal
03-07-2010, 05:59 PM
The rest of the league is tired of being pushed, elbowed, undercut, shit on by refs, etc etc when playing against the lakers and karma is starting to come back and smite them in the form of Matt Barnes. :grin

TJastal
03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I started out rooting for the Magic, but as the game went on and Matt Barnes continued to do more and more bitch-ass things with impunity, I became indifferent to the outcome.

I hate the Lakers, but seriously... fuck the Magic. I really hope that team gets beat early in the playoffs.

What are you so upset about? It's called karma, the lakers have been pulling these types of things for years and now there is somebody who isn't afraid to give it back in large doses.

Goran Dragic
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
The rest of the league is tired of being pushed, elbowed, undercut, shit on by refs, etc etc when playing against the lakers and karma is starting to come back and smite them in the form of Matt Barnes. :grin

Damn brah sounds pretty bad. Why not start a thread about it?

ChumpDumper
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Matt Barnes: ratings bonanza.

DPG21920
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Matt Barnes: ratings bonanza.

:lol I was thinking the same thing. How come if people start to rough it up, they should be ejected? He threw no punches, had no dirty plays. Sure, he might be annoying, but he should not have been ejected.

BRHornet45
03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
son obviously you haven't watched any Hornets games since CP3 got hurt. check out their next game, it will make you feel a lot better about your team I promise.

Xylus
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
:lol I was thinking the same thing. How come if people start to rough it up, they should be ejected? He threw no punches, had no dirty plays. Sure, he might be annoying, but he should not have been ejected.

Did you watch the same game as I did?

Dirty plays by Matt Barnes AFTER his 1st technical
-Dunking the ball and then practically landing on Kobe to taunt him.
-Fake-throwing the ball into Kobe's face
-Setting an unnecessarily hard pick on Fisher--which incidentally was the exact same thing that caused a fight between the Suns and Rockets last year. Barnes set a ridiculously hard pick on Alston, which caused the two teams' tempers to flare.
-Continuously trash-talking and bumping into to Kobe during deadball situations in order to antagonize Kobe into fighting

Not one of these is major enough to eject a player, but each one is enough to warrant a 2nd technical... which is an automatic ejection.

Xylus
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I can't believe I'm defending the Lakers, but the bias against that team has clouded Spur Fan's judgment.

TheMACHINE
03-07-2010, 08:16 PM
the stigma that the Lakers get all the calls ended when Shaq left the team. Since then, Kobe only gets calls only when he falls.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I like Matt Barnes.

DPG21920
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM

-Setting an unnecessarily hard pick on Fisher--which incidentally was the exact same thing that caused a fight between the Suns and Rockets last year. Barnes set a ridiculously hard pick on Alston, which caused the two teams' tempers to flare.
-Continuously trash-talking and bumping into to Kobe during deadball situations in order to antagonize Kobe into fighting

Not one of these is major enough to eject a player, but each one is enough to warrant a 2nd technical... which is an automatic ejection.

None of those are dirty.

Chieflion
03-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Matt Barnes = Gangster

Know the truth, sons.

pauls931
03-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Bryant is singlehandedly destroying the best team in basketball.

Bryant takes 30 shots, Lakers lose. Bryant 12-30, Gasol, 8-13.

What else is new?

that's how I'd know the game was over with the suns/lakers playoff series a few years back... Kobe goes into chucker mode, game over... Kobe shared the ball, LA won.

I know Barnes is a bitch, and the announcers said he couldn't get into kobe's head, but I think he did by making the challenge personal. Once that happened, Kobe forgot about his team.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2010, 08:41 PM

LOL are you serious?..how is any of that dirty?..

DPG21920
03-07-2010, 08:43 PM
-There was absolutely no reason why Matt Barnes should have been in that game in the 4th quarter. That dude is the biggest bitch in the NBA.

I can't believe I'm defending the Lakers, but the bias against that team has clouded Spur Fan's judgment.

Spurs fans are biased?

pauls931
03-07-2010, 08:44 PM
LOL are you serious?..how is any of that dirty?..

My only beef with barnes was the fake throw at the face and the constant bumps. I think the refs did a shitty job this game overall allowing it to get so physical. Hell when you see Gasol trying to play rough, you know you're doing something wrong.

Kobe with elbows, gasol wrestling, fisher pushing, barnes taunting, jesus, they must've really wanted ratings.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
I understand being annoyed by Barnes' actions, but none of that is dirty..

There's nothing the refs can really do about the fake throw though..he could just argue that he was faking the inbounds pass, they can't really do anything about it..

DPG21920
03-07-2010, 08:46 PM
That was playoff intensity. Why kill it? Let them play. Let them play.

pauls931
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I understand being annoyed by Barnes' actions, but none of that is dirty..

There's nothing the refs can really do about the fake throw though..he could just argue that he was faking the inbounds pass, they can't really do anything about it..

Had your avatar been Bruce Bowen, I'd be rolling right now.

j.dizzle
03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
My only beef with barnes was the fake throw at the face and the constant bumps. I think the refs did a shitty job this game overall allowing it to get so physical. Hell when you see Gasol trying to play rough, you know you're doing something wrong.

Kobe with elbows, gasol wrestling, fisher pushing, barnes taunting, jesus, they must've really wanted ratings.
Mo Money, mo problems. Ppl gonna keep watching if Barnes/Kobe keep annoying each other so no point in throwing out barnes. Die hard fans will watch the game either way but they make it more fun to watch for the casual fans.

hitmanyr2k
03-07-2010, 08:50 PM
that's how I'd know the game was over with the suns/lakers playoff series a few years back... Kobe goes into chucker mode, game over... Kobe shared the ball, LA won.

I know Barnes is a bitch, and the announcers said he couldn't get into kobe's head, but I think he did by making the challenge personal. Once that happened, Kobe forgot about his team.

I disagree with that. I actually made a comment in the game thread about it. Even after Barnes was antagonizing him Kobe stayed with the team game all through the 3rd qtr which I saw as a sign of maturity because 2-3 years ago Kobe would have ended up taking at least 40 shots in that kind of game. The 4th qtr was nothing new. Kobe always goes into "hero" mode...especially in nationally televised games.

And there was never a time where I thought Matt Barnes should have been ejected. Kobe was hitting players with little sneaky cheapshots all through the game. He does it all the time. This time he just ran into someone that didn't back down from him and even started giving him a bit of his own medicine. I like to see emotion in games. The NBA has been desperately trying to take emotion out of the game since the Pistons/Pacers brawl which I think neuters it. I can't name one true "rivalry" in the NBA today and that's sad.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Had your avatar been Bruce Bowen, I'd be rolling right now.

I acknowledge that Bruce was a dirty player, I obviously can't deny that..I'm just saying that while Barnes' might be a dirty player, he didn't really do anything "dirty" in the game today or the entire season so far for that matter..I do understand why he would annoy you guys though..

DPG21920
03-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't like Barnes, but as long as no punches are being thrown and the physicality is within "the unwritten rules", I am ok.

pauls931
03-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I can't name one true "rivalry" in the NBA today and that's sad.

I think the last one was the Suns/Spurs, been a long time since there's been a real good West vs. East rivalry.

monosylab1k
03-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Matt Barnes is easily the biggest punk bitch faggot in the NBA. He's the only player in the NBA who I truly detest.

BadOdor
I think the last one was the Suns/Spurs, been a long time since there's been a real good West vs. East rivalry.

How is that a rivalry when only 1 team wins?

HarlemHeat37
I disagree with that. I actually made a comment in the game thread about it. Even after Barnes was antagonizing him Kobe stayed with the team game all through the 3rd qtr which I saw as a sign of maturity because 2-3 years ago Kobe would have ended up taking at least 40 shots in that kind of game. The 4th qtr was nothing new. Kobe always goes into "hero" mode...especially in nationally televised games.

And there was never a time where I thought Matt Barnes should have been ejected. Kobe was hitting players with little sneaky cheapshots all through the game. He does it all the time. This time he just ran into someone that didn't back down from him and even started giving him a bit of his own medicine. I like to see emotion in games. The NBA has been desperately trying to take emotion out of the game since the Pistons/Pacers brawl which I think neuters it. I can't name one true "rivalry" in the NBA today and that's sad.

plus 1..

I always love watching the "chippy" games..today's game entertained me, even though the refs were horrible..I've rarely played in basketball games that didn't involve some jawing and physical play, it's just what happens in physical sports..it makes the games more interesting and appealing when you watch the entire struggle and the intensity from the players..I'm not condoning fights or anything, but it would be nice to see players not backing down and getting in each others faces without being scared of picking up a T or getting ejected..

A lot of outsiders might dislike Matt Barnes after this, but Magic fans love him even more now..every team needs a guy that stands up for his team and doesn't back down, it energizes the entire team and gives them confidence..

Fabbs
03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
The OP leaves out what really happened when Barnes was hanging on the rim.
Bitch Bryant thows an elbow at him. Should that allow Barnes to land down in Komes space? No, but don't sweep under the rug the instigator Bitchs actions.

2. Derek Swisher getting picked of by Barnes hard pick. Derek Fisher has done so much to bring down the integrity of the NBA with his bitch flopping and other drama queen floor antics that the sooner he leaves the NBA, the better. When he is on the floor, it's not basketball.

Like others have posted, hard pick was not dirty.

san antonio spurs
03-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Matt Barnes is easily the biggest punk bitch faggot in the NBA. He's the only player in the NBA who I truly detest.

JT is worse.

j.dizzle
03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
plus 1..

I always love watching the "chippy" games..today's game entertained me, even though the refs were horrible..I've rarely played in basketball games that didn't involve some jawing and physical play, it's just what happens in physical sports..it makes the games more interesting and appealing when you watch the entire struggle and the intensity from the players..I'm not condoning fights or anything, but it would be nice to see players not backing down and getting in each others faces without being scared of picking up a T or getting ejected..

A lot of outsiders might dislike Matt Barnes after this, but Magic fans love him even more now..every team needs a guy that stands up for his team and doesn't back down, it energizes the entire team and gives them confidence..
True dat son..Every team has a couple players that opposing fans cant stand.Its a part of the game, most of em are probably good guys off the court except JR Smith lmao

Goran Dragic
03-07-2010, 09:07 PM

him and Carlos Boozer

j.dizzle
03-07-2010, 09:12 PM
:lol Boozer? See i have no problem with him..Everybody has their list of players they dont like I guess hahaha

DPG21920
03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
KG is so much worse than Barnes.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Boozer? Why?..I can see why he's annoying, but a punk?..

Barnes really hasn't been that bad this year..he's only gotten in like 1 or 2 small incidents this season..I've seen all their games for the most part this season, he hasn't really been on the dirty shit so far..

Goran Dragic
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Boozer? Why?..I can see why he's annoying, but a punk?..

Carlos Boozer epitomizes all that is evil on Earth. You can blame him for 9/11 and the Holocaust. He is the anti-Christ.

j.dizzle
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
KG is so much worse than Barnes.
:toast Atleast barnes starts shit with ppl his own size & not euro guards that are a foot shorter hahaha

ElNono
03-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Did Barnes rape somebody today? I missed the game, only saw the last shot...

TampaDude
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
plus 1..

Yup...today's game was very entertaining, even though the reffing was flat out awful. Heck, about the only thing missing was Sheed saying "ball don't lie!" :lol

dallaskd
03-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Go Mavs.

Booharv
03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
That was definitely the worst refereed game I've seen this year, the highlight was back to back bogus calls on Howard and Bynum.

pauls931
03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
That was definitely the worst refereed game I've seen this year, the highlight was back to back bogus calls on Howard and Bynum.

Completely agree, they almost let that game get away from them. Then you would have had a bunch of players suspended due to the refs incompetence.

TheRealCB
03-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Got to give props to Kobe for this one..First he just didn't even blink at the ball fake,which is killer...Then started scoring at will and almost won the game...Then of course,he choked...But that's not the point..Without him,it was Orlando by 10 at least..He gave them a chance at a lost game..

mojorizen7
03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Matt Barnes and his knucklehead turnovers>>>>>Channing Frye and his 1D game

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Matt Barnes and his knucklehead turnovers>>>>>Channing Frye and his 1D game

They're both a headache to have on your team, I wouldn't want either one. Matt Barnes is severely retarded but don't let that take away from Channing Frye's extremely low basketball IQ.

IronMexican
03-08-2010, 05:54 PM
It all starts with the college they came from. No surprise Barnes is some bitch-made punk muthafucka.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
It all starts with the college they came from. No surprise Barnes is some bitch-made punk muthafucka.

Don't talk about Channing Frye's college or Gilbert Arenas will blow your brains out!