PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Mavs win the Championship this Year:

thesmallestpebble
03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
they actually deserve it. Even outside of TP's most recent injury bout, the Spurs don't deserve a title. They had a a pretty reasonable chance to be a true contender this year through defense in getting Salmons and Thomas, and they blew it. Not only that, but they trade the only defensive big on the team in Ratilff for nothing at all. To a lesser a degree, the the Spurs had a very minute chance had they actually cared to play and develop Ian all year long, then he'd be ready to actually pay some dividends in the playoffs, but that's all moot now, since a mobile, 7-foot, shot blocking big man who can shoot free throws is so common in the NBA.

Enter the Mavs and Cuban (who I don't like one bit, by the way), but who had the unction and foresight to actually trade away a very valuable piece in Howard, though inconsistent, who if nothing else has killed the Spurs, and let such a player go for a possible larger net value from in coming players, and that's after already landing Marion this past summer (You see, Spurs FO? You can actually make trades in the Summer and at the trade deadline.)

You see that, Spurs FO and fans? That's called courage: something the Spurs FO has never had, otherwise your top ten player of all time in Duncan would have at least 6 rings and one repeat.

Enter Dirk Nowitski, as underrated a player as you're going to find. Let me put it this way: if Kobe Bryant doesn't whine himself into a draft day trade from Charlotte to the Lakers, and Stern and Co don't let Shaq elbow people in face all game and call it "dominance," then Dirk would be the second best player this past decade behind Duncan! Think about that! The whole '06 Finals is overblown, clearly Stern wanted the Wade to shoot 100 free throws, and he did. The next year versus Golden State was also not exactly as it seemed: that Golden State agile defense was swarming over Dirk, and Dirk is not really accustomed to being defended by a player as tough, tall, and long as SJax. On top of that, the only way Dallas could've forced the Warriors to play honest was to hit their jumpers, which they never did. Plus, the Warrior's pace was just to weird for Dallas to get accustomed to: every other team's "dumb shots" were routine for Nellie's squad that year.

The point is, Dirk is a great, great player, and is often treated unfairly by Spurs fans. He's never done anything dirty to the Spurs like Kobe has done numerous times (the "weird follow through" for a bloodied Manu, anyone?), so why the unnecessary hate?

I'll say it again: it's the FO's fault the Spurs are at best first round fodder this year, at worst lottery this year. All the horrible moves: letting SJAx go, not getting SJAx early this past year when he was available, not getting Thomas/Salmons, the list just goes on and on. Being fortunate with Blair falling into their laps, and picking Manu and Parker don't make up for all the other blunders.

Congradulations Dirk and Mavs fans, I wish hope you win the next ten these :lobt2:, since the Spurs FO isn't interested.

FvckMavs
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Champion of Southwest division.

ElNono
03-07-2010, 09:45 PM
:vomit:

Quiet Strength
Nah, I'm a spurs fan all the way. Go spurs!

dbestpro
Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budkin
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
go curl into the fetal position and neglect yourself.

spursfaninla
03-07-2010, 09:50 PM
they actually deserve it. Even outside of TP's most recent injury bout, the Spurs don't deserve a title. They had a a pretty reasonable chance to be a true contender this year through defense in getting Salmons and Thomas, and they blew it. Not only that, but they trade the only defensive big on the team in Ratilff for nothing at all. To a lesser a degree, the the Spurs had a very minute chance had they actually cared to play and develop Ian all year long, then he'd be ready to actually pay some dividends in the playoffs, but that's all moot now, since a mobile, 7-foot, shot blocking big man who can shoot free throws is so common in the NBA.

Enter the Mavs and Cuban (who I don't like one bit, by the way), but who had the unction and foresight to actually trade away a very valuable piece in Howard, though inconsistent, who if nothing else has killed the Spurs, and let such a player go for a possible larger net value from in coming players, and that's after already landing Marion this past summer (You see, Spurs FO? You can actually make trades in the Summer and at the trade deadline.)

You see that, Spurs FO and fans? That's called courage: something the Spurs FO has never had, otherwise your top ten player of all time in Duncan would have at least 6 rings and one repeat.

Enter Dirk Nowitski, as underrated a player as you're going to find. Let me put it this way: if Kobe Bryant doesn't whine himself into a draft day trade from Charlotte to the Lakers, and Stern and Co don't let Shaq elbow people in face all game and call it "dominance," then Dirk would be the second best player this past decade behind Duncan! Think about that! The whole '06 Finals is overblown, clearly Stern wanted the Wade to shoot 100 free throws, and he did. The next year versus Golden State was also not exactly as it seemed: that Golden State agile defense was swarming over Dirk, and Dirk is not really accustomed to being defended by a player as tough, tall, and long as SJax. On top of that, the only way Dallas could've forced the Warriors to play honest was to hit their jumpers, which they never did. Plus, the Warrior's pace was just to weird for Dallas to get accustomed to: every other team's "dumb shots" were routine for Nellie's squad that year.

The point is, Dirk is a great, great player, and is often treated unfairly by Spurs fans. He's never done anything dirty to the Spurs like Kobe has done numerous times (the "weird follow through" for a bloodied Manu, anyone?), so why the unnecessary hate?

I'll say it again: it's the FO's fault the Spurs are at best first round fodder this year, at worst lottery this year. All the horrible moves: letting SJAx go, not getting SJAx early this past year when he was available, not getting Thomas/Salmons, the list just goes on and on. Being fortunate with Blair falling into their laps, and picking Manu and Parker don't make up for all the other blunders.

Congradulations Dirk and Mavs fans, I wish hope you win the next ten these :lobt2:, since the Spurs FO isn't interested.

Aside from being a sodden, gutless post from a regular posting as a nube, this post sucks.

Sure, Dallas made two big trades this year, hence they are "brave." But Dallas also has historically a stupidly large payroll, trades often and has not come up with anything but a 67 win season for it. Trades do not necessarily = championship.

Mahinmi did not earn playing time. That simple. Sorry. Hill earned playing time his first year, and this year. As far as I can tell, nothing is different between Mahinmi and Hill except that Mahinmi did not play as well in practice as the other guys in the rotation, and Hill evidently did.

the "big trade" that you speak of happened this summer. See RJ. And it did not work out. So you demand another one that would also be rash and a risk, likely only made if real assets were dealt out?

NOTHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR ANYWAY. IF THE SPURS WERE TIED FOR FIRST PLACE WITH THE LAKERS, TP BREAKING HIS HAND MEANT THEY WOULD BE A LONGSHOT.

It was just not meant to be. Stop blindly swinging at Pop. He did not break Tony's hand. He did not injure Tony and Manu earlier in the season. he did not stop RJ from slashing repeatedly to the basket all year.

easy7
03-07-2010, 09:50 PM
You need to play the lotto and hope you can win or get a job where you will become rich, fire the FO and change things your way. Whinning in a board where no one cares nor gives a shit about you becoming a Mavs fag will not change a damn thing. If words could make wishes come true we would all be fucked.

admiralsnackbar
03-07-2010, 09:52 PM
"Unction?"

I do not think this word means what you think it means.

alchemist
03-07-2010, 09:56 PM
spurfan rooting for mavs = kill yo self

Newton
03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
"Unction?"

I do not think this word means what you think it means.

Yes, you have definitely failed in your word choice. Otherwise, great take. /s

Big P
03-07-2010, 10:14 PM
You popped your cherry with that??? lol

johnnyblues
03-07-2010, 10:18 PM
http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/implied-facepalm.jpg

Danny.Zhu
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Agreed. Let Mavs win it all.

Dirk won't be a threat to Duncan regarding the number of championship titles while Kobe has already won 4.

Dex
03-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Ftm.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2010, 10:25 PM
spurfan rooting for mavs = kill yo self

Exactly, if they win it all their fans come in here and tout it as the best team ever and blah blah blah! I can't stand most of their fans and some of thier players (Terry) nor their owner! I will be damned if I root for Dallas or even LA!

GO DENVER if we are out :lol:lol. I actually like Billups.

Stringer_Bell
03-07-2010, 10:27 PM
You see that, Spurs FO and fans? That's called courage: something the Spurs FO has never had, otherwise your top ten player of all time in Duncan would have at least 6 rings and one repeat

You have Spurs as your designated team, but you talk shit as if you're not part of the crowd. That's cool, we don't want you tagging along with us for shit anyway. You are the smallest pebble, but have the biggest panocha.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

And forget all those bitches that say it's better for Dirk to win a trophy than Kobe, keep the Mavs at zero!

EDIT: Are nuggets our default bandwagon team? I can live with that to keep my interest in the post-season depending on where the Spurs end up.

vander
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
NO!!!! the Mavs can't win! then Ghost Writer would have been right about the JKidd trade :bang

phxspurfan
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
:lol:rollin @ MavFan

TIMMYD!
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Agreed. Let Mavs win it all.

Dirk won't be a threat to Duncan regarding the number of championship titles while Kobe has already won 4.

He has never been a threat and :nope to the first part.

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow a mav fan masquerading as a spurs fan, that's new

silverblk mystix
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
of all years to have this happen....this would be the funniest shit to happen;

the spurs eliminate the mavs this year...that would be almost as funny as eliminating the lakers...

superjames1992
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Mavs troll!!!

SouthTexasRancher
03-07-2010, 11:25 PM

Congradulations Dirk and Mavs fans, I wish hope you win the next ten these , since the Spurs FO isn't interested.

You should do the world a gigantic favor and put yourself on IGNORE!

There should be a law against anyone who has not posted here before from posting at all...especially a lowly Mavette fan!

99.99999999999% of all you Mavette fans are IDIOTS! :ihit

BTW, thesmallestBRAIN, you make just as big an idiot when you call into the local sports talk radio shows. What is it you go by on Chris & Jason's show...superSpursfanSteve? Your gig is up!

FeZZy
03-08-2010, 12:08 AM
welcome to spurs talk man now die!

exstatic
03-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Mouse, when does it stop? How many trolls will there be?

ffadicted
03-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I'd much rather have Dallas win it then either Kobe or Shaq getting their 5th, DO IT FAGGOTS

admiralfats
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
since it's oscars night, you didn't get the post in quite on time, but you're a clear favorite for "Worst post" for the upcoming year. just hope people don't forget over the next 365 days. Good luck!

Avitus1
03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
http://thesportsclown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/land-of-make-believe4.jpg

VI_Massive
03-08-2010, 01:16 AM
anybody but the lakers.

Stringer_Bell
03-08-2010, 01:19 AM
I'd much rather have Dallas win it then either Kobe or Shaq getting their 5th, DO IT FAGGOTS

Even if one of them win, their arrogance spreads across the entire NBA and too all teams, it's not just centered on the Spurs like the Mavs fans do. The Mavs must always take a backseat to the Spurs in Texas, always.

I have no reservations stating that if it came down to Kobe vs Lebron, I'd rather the rapist win than the chosen one. But no way will I want to watch the Mavs celebrate having anything to say about Championships. Nothing.

spurs10
03-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Dear smallestjohnson....if you hope the Mavs win the championship, I've got news for you..... You Are Not A Spurs Fan!!! Wanting to see Jason Terry and Cuban makeout on national television is not a good thing...ever. Please get ahold of yourself!!

duhoh
03-08-2010, 02:23 AM
it's ok, he has the smallest pebbles.

SPURSGOAT
03-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Don't feed the trolls! He is really just a Mav's fan... No real Spurs fan would make this post... The Mavs don't deserve sh!t!

Post 900!!! W00t!

pookenstein
03-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Exactly, if they win it all their fans come in here and tout it as the best team ever and blah blah blah! I can't stand most of their fans and some of thier players (Terry) nor their owner! I will be damned if I root for Dallas or even LA!

+1. Also Melo seems to have matured a lot. Kinda start to like him as well.
Fuck the Mavs!

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Denver all the way. FTL and FTM.

sammy
03-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Fuck NO!:bang I love seeing those losers cry everytime and my hate for them is just as strong as the Fakers! So Hell No! I hate Cuban, Dork, and Jason Puckass Terry! It brings me joy to see them go far and get whipped out of the playoffs!:toast Joy was seeing them get their asses handed to them by Boston & Golden State! Awesome!:lol

blizz
03-08-2010, 10:18 AM
"deserve" what's this bullshit about who deserves to win and who doesn't? if the championship went to who "deserves" it, why even have a regular season? just hand it to the team with good guys. you're a fucking idiot. the team that gets through the playoffs and wins the championship series DESERVES it. fuckin idiot.

Whisky Dog
03-08-2010, 10:24 AM
The only thing Howard was valuable to were the Dallas night club promoters and at least one drug dealer.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-08-2010, 10:37 AM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/deargodmakeitstop_640.jpg (http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/deargodmakeitstop_640.jpg)

smeagol
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Mouse, when does it stop? How many trolls will there be?

mouse lacks the power of concentration to write such a long post . . .

JR3
03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
I would rather the cavs win it all if we can't win it.

ohmwrecker
03-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Is this what it has come to? I hate the Mavs as much as I hate the Lakers. I hate the city of Dallas. I hate Mark Cuban. I hate Jerry Jones. I hate Jason Terry. Any Spurs fan who supports the Mavs is a dumbass. I respect Dirk's talent, but dude plays on the wrong team. OP is a douchebag. Turn in your Duncan jersey and GTFO. No excuse for this.

Amarelooms
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
if you people really live in Texas...you should want one of the Texas teams to win over a non-Texas team. Sure go ahead and pull for the Spurs but when/if they are out...any true Texan would cheer for Mavs/Rockets

:elephant

ohmwrecker
03-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Dallas isn't in Texas. It's in South Oklahoma.

poop
03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
go STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!!

if dallas meets the Lakers certainly rooting for the Lakers.

Mel_13
03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Aside from being a sodden, gutless post from a regular posting as a nube, this post sucks.

Indeed

tp2021
03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I'll be pulling for a Nugs-Magic Finals if the Spurs go down.

ginobili fan
03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I root for Portland

admiralfats
03-08-2010, 12:48 PM
if you people really live in Texas...you should want one of the Texas teams to win over a non-Texas team. Sure go ahead and pull for the Spurs but when/if they are out...any true Texan would cheer for Mavs/Rockets

you're right. i choose the rockets.

jack0fspeed
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I saw the thread title and I knew this would be good for a few chuckles.

It's got to be a dilemna for Spurs fans ... who do you hate the least? Your little brother or your daddy?

George Gervin's Afro
03-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Uhhhh, no. I hope they choke again this year.

easy7
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM

It's got to be a dilemna for Spurs fans ... who do you hate the least? Your little brother or your daddy?

I guess the daddy is the other team in Texas with 2 championships, who behaves decently and the little brother is the pesky little brat up north that always talks shit and has not won a thing.:lmao

spurspokesman
03-08-2010, 01:23 PM

I'm of the same mindset. They deserve it and chauncey b bb billups is the dude. He is about as complete a point guard as there is in the league. Plus denver has la s number this year

jack0fspeed
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I guess the daddy is the other team in Texas with 2 championships, who behaves decently and the little brother is the pesky little brat up north that always talks shit and has not won a thing.:lmao

Daddy would be the Lakers.

Sobe_Kucks
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
I see u stopped sucking Cuban's tit for a few minutes to write this pile of dung. Wipe Cuban's breast milk off ur face, buy a Mavs jersey, learn to use a dictionary and then move to Dallas. We don't want ur punk ass!

Muser
03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
If the Spurs can't win then I agree.

badfish22
03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Dallas isn't in Texas. It's in South Oklahoma.

No, but it seems San Antonio is the butthole of Mexico, IMHO

ohmwrecker
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM

That's right. Mexicans live in San Antonio. You are very observant for a racist.
I live in Austin, by the way. So, if you are trying to insult me, . . . FAIL.

superbigtime
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Mavs suck ass. My observations: Owner is an assclown and an embarassment to the state. He does want to win I've gotta give him that. Dirk is a great player but he is soft. Wizards trade toughens them up with maniac deshawn stevenson and caron butler and brendan haywood a great addition. Jason Terry broke his face and too bad it only keeps him out two weeks. They are less hateable now with Devin Harris and Crackhouse gone. A little.

I would cheer for the Mavs only against the Lakers...maybe.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 07:33 PM
i dont have a problem with any other team winning the championship as long kobe or shaq aint getting their 5th rings b4 duncan

Sean Cagney
03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Daddy would be the Lakers.

Anyone but LA too, f that team.

urunobili
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I realize this is my first post but you sir need to get off spurstalk for this.

Welcome to the board! :flag:

spurs10
03-08-2010, 08:42 PM

What true Texan is named Amarelooms? That's like someone from Phoenix named Duncanlurks. Any Spurs fan that wants the Mavs to win any &^$&%thing...has not been paying attention.

Mavs101
03-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Sure are a bunch of kids on here. Cut the name calling. The Spurs just need to get healthy. The Mavs have had more injury problems than almost every other team in the league and they aren't making excuses. Stop blaming it on losing one starter... maybe two. It definitely hasn't been more than one starter down for any real measure of time. Both teams were getting long in the tooth. The Mavs just happened to make the better acquisitions in the offseason and at the trade deadline. Stop bitching and live with the season. Everyone on this board knows when the playoffs come, the Spurs will come alive like every other year. The Mavs can make a sure push for the title. To even root for a team anywhere else other than Texas sounds retarded. When the Mavs get eliminated, I root for Houston or San Antonio. Grow up fellas... it's basketball and you don't play, you watch. Cheer for your team, win or lose.

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2010, 11:39 PM

ROTFFLMFAO @ U Pink Elephants girlieboyz! Denver or Cleveland will win it this year...most likely the Cavs!

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2010, 11:42 PM

Nah, after winning 4 NBA Championships of late, we can allow ourselves a couple seasons of letting others win one. Trouble is the Mavs only claim to fame was in 2006 and everyone on the planet is still laughing about that.

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2010, 11:46 PM

Ahhhhh, the ol' proverbial Mavette, Girlieboy, Racist Bigot...! Nice going little dudette...! :ihit

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Sure are a bunch of kids on here. Cut the name calling. The Spurs just need to get healthy. The Mavs have had more injury problems than almost every other team in the league and they aren't making excuses. Stop blaming it on losing one starter... maybe two. It definitely hasn't been more than one starter down for any real measure of time. Both teams were getting long in the tooth. The Mavs just happened to make the better acquisitions in the offseason and at the trade deadline. Stop bitching and live with the season. Everyone on this board knows when the playoffs come, the Spurs will come alive like every other year. The Mavs can make a sure push for the title. To even root for a team anywhere else other than Texas sounds retarded. When the Mavs get eliminated, I root for Houston or San Antonio. Grow up fellas... it's basketball and you don't play, you watch. Cheer for your team, win or lose.

4 posts from another so called Mavette fan??? ROTFFLMFAO!!!

Sean Cagney
03-09-2010, 12:01 AM
LMFAO at this fa*ggot on here again with his gay dancing pink elephant again too! I wish I could smack that shyt off my screen everytime that clown posts!

DubMcDub
03-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Nah, after winning 4 NBA Championships of late, we can allow ourselves a couple seasons of letting others win one. Trouble is the Mavs only claim to fame was in 2006 and everyone on the planet is still laughing about that.

Actually, I don't think anybody outside of Texas and Miami gives a shit about 2006 anymore.

Amarelooms
03-09-2010, 12:05 AM
LMFAO at this fa*ggot on here again with his gay dancing pink elephant again too! I wish I could smack that shyt off my screen everytime that clown posts!

Learn to spell pussy...I'd pimp slap your ass back into reality. Turn in your Texan card :elephant

Sean Cagney
03-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Learn to spell pussy...I'd pimp slap your ass back into reality. Turn in your Texan card :elephant

Fuck you and your stupid pink elephant! You need a smack in the damn FACEEEEEEEE half the time. I hate you and your posts and the gay thing behind them. You use pink, your a pussy and it shows. Stop talking about smacking someone.

Texan card? HAHAHHAHAHHA I have never been there in my life, I will turn in my texan card if you turn in your account and stay off here for life.

BTW I know how to spell shit you idiot, I just thought it would be censored here like other boards. What else did I spell wrong to you man?