PDA

View Full Version : Finley the ultimate traitor

SinBAD
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Watching the washington Boston game today and seeing fin on the bench rooting for the celtics was disturbing. We really didnt think carefully about what he did.Even if he wasnt getting minutes he should never leave the team to go to another team.the celtics arent winning anything this year so its just a classless act from fin.The spurs gave him a ring he would have never gotten and this is how he repays them, by leaving when the team is at its worst.

I hope when we play the celtics he plays and gets abused by whomever he is guarding as usual.

SenorSpur
03-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Finley doesn't owe the Spurs anything. In fact, he did the Spurs a favor by asking for his release. This way it saves Pop from himself. Finley was Pop's heroin - a bad habit that he simply couldn't shake.

Just like he didn't deserve any minutes this season. In fact, he didn't deserve a roster spot, but that was his call - not the Spurs. Don't let his presence on another team upset you. If anything, it is Pop, and he alone, who's feelings should be hurt.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Finley doesn't owe the Spurs anything. In fact, he did the Spurs a favor by asking for his release. This way it saves Pop from himself. Finley was Pop's heroin - :lol:lol

:lol:lol

weebo
03-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Finley doesn't owe the Spurs anything. In fact, he did the Spurs a favor by asking for his release. This way it saves Pop from himself. Finley was Pop's heroin - a bad habit that he simply couldn't shake.

Just like he didn't deserve any minutes this season. In fact, he didn't deserve a roster spot, but that was his call - not the Spurs. Don't let his presence on another team upset you. If anything, it is Pop, and he alone, who's feelings should be hurt.

:tu

Chieflion
03-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Who gives a fuck?

TIMMYD!
03-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Who gives a fuck?

I don't.

silverblk mystix
03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I look at it this way...

whenever Finley is on the floor---it automatically becomes a game of 6 against 4---to the detriment of whichever team Finley is on...

so if there are any losers here---it is Boston.

whottt
03-08-2010, 12:30 AM
If Finley was truly loyal to the Spurs he would have signed with LA.

Seriously.

SenorSpur
03-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I look at it this way...

whenever Finley is on the floor---it automatically becomes a game of 6 against 4---to the detriment of whichever team Finley is on...

so if there are any losers here---it is Boston.

:tu :tu

mingus
03-08-2010, 12:40 AM

if Finley = heroin, then what is Bogans?

it can't be any better than crack.

mingus
03-08-2010, 12:41 AM
obviously Bogans has played well the last two games, so it's an innopportune time to diss him.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2010, 12:52 AM
obviously Bogans has played well the last two games, so it's an innopportune time to diss him.

I hope he keeps it up, but it's going to take a lot more than two games for people not to think his better-than-average play is more than an aberration.

Avitus1
03-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Team is better without him already..

KenziE
03-08-2010, 01:13 AM
get over it SINBAD the spurs will be more in rhythm and way better with out finley ..

murpjf88
03-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Wow, junk threads are outnumbering quality threads 5 to 1.

SenorSpur
03-08-2010, 01:41 AM
if Finley = heroin, then what is Bogans?

it can't be any better than crack.

Bogans would be considered "crack" because he would represent the second and most current version of Pop's addiction to inferior swingmen.

duhoh
03-08-2010, 02:20 AM

Seriously.

:lol

senorglory
03-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Although his split is mysterious, and frustrating if you view the move as disloyal or insulting, no reason to revision the past. Finley was a great Spur, for numerous reasons, not the least of which being that the Mavs paid a good portion of his salary for us. Nice to stick it to a division rival.

GhosTown
03-08-2010, 04:33 AM

I agree. Finley did us a favor. He did what the front office should have done. Clear the bench of worthless players, but instead of letting him go for nothing they should have traded him Bonner, Bogans and Mason.

For some real NBA players. There is no excuse for keeping these players. There are players on waivers and in the D league that are better than these bums.

OrEmuN
03-08-2010, 06:21 AM
I would not say that he has betrayed us as he has gone to an Eastern Conf team and also he would not help Boston anyway. However, by asking to be released after trade deadline after how well we have treated him, reeks of self-interest. It is obvious that playing time is not his concern when he chooses Boston. If he has wanted playing time, it will be in his best interest to request for a transfer and Spurs will have trade his expiring contracts for some asset and he will get to play plenty of minutes. However, he did not do so and as such, i can't help but dislike this selfish asshole.

easy7
03-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Finley is a zero to the left of the whole sum and in his sin he will carry his penitence. Time to move on and cheer for heroes, not zeros. :toast

Kamnik
03-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Seriously.

:lol:toast

EmptyMan
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Most of us have been wanting Finley gone for numerous seasons now.

He is not even a thought.

GrandeDavid
03-08-2010, 10:55 AM

So true!

:rollin

YoMamaIsCallin
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Holy crap man, get a grip. This is the NBA, not a war. Players switch teams all the time. It's business. Words like "traitor" are reserved for more serious things in life.

The Spurs have a policy of accommodating veterans' wishes. It's good business for them. They can attract other veterans more easily because they have a reputation for treating them well.

spurtech09
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM
like finley is going to get mins in boston....yeah finley is a sellout....

nkdlunch
03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
this is basketball, not the Alamo

whottt
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Although his split is mysterious, and frustrating

as well as a cause for celebration and joy.

if you view the move as disloyal or insulting

or fortunate and uplifting.

no reason to revision the past.

Unless it's to show you that you once we ill and are now on the path to recovery. Chart your progress sort of.

Finley was a great Spur, for numerous reasons

Especially if you are a Mavfan. If you are a Mav fan he just might be the greatest Spur of them all.

not the least of which being that the Mavs paid a good portion of his salary for us.

More like we paid a minor portion of his salary for them. Which he did not earn. What they paid him however, he definitely earned.

Nice to stick it to a division rival.

True. When I think back on Finley's career with the Spurs, that is what is going to immediately come to mind...the way we stuck it to the Mavs throughout his entire career.

Oh how we stuck it to them during his career. Just...stuck it to them.

Totally
Stuck
It
To
Them

Scoreboard us!

Tp9gospursgo
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I just find it very weird that he didn't support the Spurs when he was sitting on the bench yet he loves the celtics. Odds are he will play even less than them plus they are playing about like we are right now.

Mel_13
03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
as well as a cause for celebration and joy.

Could the news of Finley's release possibly have brought more joy to any other person on the planet?

I think not.

You're not alone in seeing this as good news, but I don't think any of us can match the rush of emotions you must have felt.:toast