PDA

View Full Version : Who should the Mavs get in the first round?

Findog
03-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Right now it looks like it's down to Spurs, Blazers, Suns and Zombie Sonics, since the Mavs will finish either second or third and those teams are separated by 2.5 games.

Blazers: 0-2, both losses in Dallas
Spurs: 2-1, only loss was in a trap game when they were missing both Duncan and Parker
Zombie Sonics: 2-1, only loss was in Methlahoma City in the first game after the trade
Suns: 2-1, only loss was at Phoenix.

Findog
03-08-2010, 12:46 AM
I think the Suns will finish too high for us to face them, and the Parker injury is going to mean a few more L's than the Spurs would otherwise have. I can easily see San Antonio dropping to eighth.

I want no part of the Zombie Sonics. I think we would beat them, but a young team like that with the kind of chemistry that they have and the raucous crowds that they'll have in OKC - all they would have to do is steal a game in Dallas and it would be very tough to win there. I can easily see them stretching us to seven games.

dallaskd
03-08-2010, 12:49 AM
i dont want OKC or Pheonix. anyone else is fair game. id love to play the spurs. good series but dallas takes it in 5 or 6. we kill portland so im hoping for that

Findog
03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Portland has beaten us twice this season, but that was before the trade.

In order of preference:

Spurs, Blazers, Suns, Zombie Sonics

j.dizzle
03-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Portland has beaten us twice this season, but that was before the trade.

In order of preference:

Spurs, Blazers, Suns, Zombie Sonics
Sonics, Blazers, Spurs, Suns.
1.Sonics- Too young & inexperienced..No legit Bigs
2.Blazers- NO Bangers & Roy is limping & cant take over games by himself
3. Spurs- Old but still have experience.
4. Suns- Inconsistent, play bad defense but can get really hot on offense
Dallas would MOST likely beat all these teams but spurs & suns would probably go 6 while the others would go 5

badfish22
03-08-2010, 12:59 AM
in order of preference:

Spurs, blazers, suns, zombie sonics

+1

Findog
03-08-2010, 01:01 AM
1.Sonics- Too young & inexperienced..No legit Bigs

I agree...but I see outside potential for another Mavs-Warriors series. They have a legit top 10 player in Durant, and those crowds in OKC are going to be a real genuine advantage, just like the Warriors crowds in 07. If they steal a game in Dallas early, that's going to be a tough series.

2.Blazers- NO Bangers & Roy is limping & cant take over games by himself

They just seem to have our number so far this year - how the hell else does Andre Miller go for 51? That's another team that would be tough to beat on their floor.

3. Spurs- Old but still have experience.

I would want the Spurs because the Mavs just know how to beat this team, and I think Manu is going to be worn to the nub having increased responsibilities running the offense with Hill and Mason while Parker heals.

4. Suns- Inconsistent, play bad defense but can get really hot on offense

Yeah, the games slow down in the playoffs and they just can't get stops in the halfcourt, but Nash always has a boner when he plays against the Mavs in Dallas and they can easily get hot for a few games.

mavsfan1000
03-08-2010, 01:21 AM
I'll take the Spurs or Blazers.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
You haven't watched the Suns at all this month if you're saying they can't get stops. They're by no means an elite defensive team but they're a better halfcourt defensive team than in years past.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 01:49 AM
If I were Dallas I'd wanna play SA cause of matchups.

mavsfan1000
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
I would love to see a Spurs/Mavs series but the Blazers are not good at all. Andre Miller played out of his mind that one night but I don't see that happening again. Plus the Mavs disgruntled at that time.

JustBlaze
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
^^Leave it to Steve Nash Jr to point out the obvious.:tu

Texas Chili Dog
03-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Easily the Spurs. But it has nothing to do with what team is better or worse. The Spurs are still a good team, but the Mavs have been a great matchup for the Spurs for the last 5 years. They don't scare me one bit in a 7 game series. I'll tell you what team scares the shit out of me...the Thunder. I don't want any part of that team in the playoffs. Durant would be my vote for MVP if I had one. As far as the Suns and Blazers go, it's a toss up as to which team is #2 and #3 on the list. All I know is that the Spurs are #1 and the Thunder are #4.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 01:55 AM
^^Leave it to Steve Nash Jr to point out the obvious.:tu

Damn brah you're pissed cause you know the Suns could upset Denver in the 1st round.

JustBlaze
03-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Damn brah you're pissed cause you know the Suns could upset Denver in the 1st round.
Yes, that's why I'm pissed. :)

Lol Steve Nash Jr.

mavsfan1000
03-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Easily the Spurs. But it has nothing to do with what team is better or worse. The Spurs are still a good team, but the Mavs have been a great matchup for the Spurs for the last 5 years. They don't scare me one bit in a 7 game series. I'll tell you what team scares the shit out of me...the Thunder. I don't want any part of that team in the playoffs. Durant would be my vote for MVP if I had one. As far as the Suns and Blazers go, it's a toss up as to which team is #2 and #3 on the list. All I know is that the Spurs are #1 and the Thunder are #4.
They got Ginobili and Jefferson this year. They were easy last year because they had no help other than Duncan and Parker. Unless Beaubois is starting, no one can guard Parker and they got more weapons this time to attack us with. Plus Howard is the one that always goes nuts against the Spurs. He is gone now.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Yes, that's why I'm pissed. :)

Lol Steve Nash Jr.

Calling Goran Dragic Steve Nash Jr. just shows how little you know about basketball.

JustBlaze
03-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Calling Goran Dragic Steve Nash Jr. just shows how little you know about basketball.
No, calling Steve Nash Jr shows just how much i know about your team or that scrub. The hell do I care about the Suns for?

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 02:05 AM
No, calling Steve Nash Jr shows just how much i know about your team or that scrub. The hell do I care about the Suns for?

Lol calling Goran a scrub when he went beast mode on Denver a week ago.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2010, 02:06 AM
I don't feel like derailing this thread so if you feel like continuing this argument make a thread about it.

JustBlaze
03-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Lol calling Goran a scrub when he went beast mode on Denver a week ago.
Lol 12 points.

JustBlaze
03-08-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't feel like derailing this thread so if you feel like continuing this argument make a thread about it.
PM me son. It's on.:hat

Texas Chili Dog
03-08-2010, 02:21 AM
They got Ginobili and Jefferson this year. They were easy last year because they had no help other than Duncan and Parker. Unless Beaubois is starting, no one can guard Parker and they got more weapons this time to attack us with. Plus Howard is the one that always goes nuts against the Spurs. He is gone now.

Barea does too. :lol

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 04:13 AM

True but the Mavs also added Haywood who's an upgrade over Damp and Damp owned the Spurs. Plus Shawn Marion and Caron Butler. Plus let's not forget the Spurs killer JJ Barea and Jason Terry. I fear the Mavs and Im not looking forward to another first round exit against Dallas. I'll probably get called out by other Spurs fans but I know alot of them will agree with me.

monosylab1k
03-08-2010, 08:03 AM
San Antonio easily. Dallas owns the Spurs and they always play hard against them. There's always the possibility of underachieving when the Mavs play any other team, but not the Spurs.

As far as the other teams, Dallas should beat any of them, but I wouldn't take any first round series for granted. The Mavs could definitely lose to Portland, Phoenix, or OKC.

endrity
03-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I guess I am the only one that is not that worried about the ex-Sonics. Yes they have Durant, but the Mavs have done a good job on him this year, forcing him to some really bad shots. Matrix is as good a defender as you can have on him, athletic, long.

Plus with Damp and Haywood we should easily control the board against them, and they have no one even close to defend Dirk. They'll get a game or two in OKC, but they are not the new version of 07 Warriors. The huge mismatches just aren't there.

Even the Blazers I am not that worried, despite the two losses to them we usually have done really well against them, and they are banged up, with little to no interior defense.

Spurs... yeah they're better this year, but the point of those series is always Duncan v. Dirk. That is where all the matchup problems begin for SA. They can't put Duncan on him, so they are usually forced to go small and scramble on defense, which allows space to the other guards. Mavs on the other hand can keep up reasonably with Duncan by playing their centers. This is why the Mavs have owned them the last 5 years. It's not because Harris, Diop, or Howard are the Spurs killers. They usually find the cracks that are caused by the Spurs schemes on defending Dirk. There is one other special player in this matchup and that is JET. Due to his great midrange jumpshot, he takes and makes the one shot that the Spurs defense is geared to allowing. Well guess what? That is Butler's strength too. I wouldn't be that worried about how the new guys will fit in for a matchup with the Spurs.

Suns I would like to avoid, simply because as was said before Nash really tries his hardest to stick it to us.

My order of preference is this:

Blazers, Sonics, Spurs, Suns.

pauls931
03-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Bobcats

dirk4mvp
03-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Spurs. Over in 5 at the most.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Spurs. Over in 5 at the most.

And if Parker doesn't play it'll be over in 4.

dallaskd
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
So definately want San Antonio after watching the Spurs-Cavs game tonight..

Budkin
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
It obviously the Spurs... as long as the Mavs have Dirk it will be matchup hell for them.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
The Thunder would be the easiest out for everybody. However it seems like it's going to be Spurs vs Mavs. We would be lucky to get a win.

BadOdor
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
The Thunder would be the easiest out for everybody. However it seems like it's going to be Spurs vs Mavs. We would be lucky to get a win.

lol manu>dirk.

Amarelooms
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Spurs are an easy win...maybe sweep if not 5 games and done :elephant

Allanon
03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
San Antonio easily.

I'm a fucking coward that runs when I lose a bet

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4110682&postcount=82

Allanon- There's a date and time on it if I edited it now. I can specifically find the post where I said he was a "role player" FIRST.

You take the bet or not you pussy shit?

Mono - Ok I take that bet.

Allanon - I showed you where "role player" was. I won.

Change your sig to "I'm Allanon's bitch", Mono. :lol

dirk4mvp
03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
lol manu>dirk.

Good to see you get unpinked brah :toast

Rogue
03-09-2010, 04:08 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4110682&postcount=82

Allanon- There's a date and time on it if I edited it now. I can specifically find the post where I said he was a "role player" FIRST.

You take the bet or not you pussy shit?

Mono - Ok I take that bet.

Allanon - I showed you where "role player" was. I won.

Change your sig to "I'm Allanon's bitch", Mono. :lol
cut/copy & paste, internet trolling is just such a cinch for Allanon.

timtonymanu
03-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Hey Mavs fans,

again the Spurs is who you should face. Shit you could rest Dirk, Kidd, and Butler for the second round. Spurs cant even beat Lebron/Kobe/Roy-less teams.

Muser
03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Spurs, would be a sweep.

BUMP
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
honestly, i'm not too worried about any of them and i can't see them beating us 4 times in a best of 7

Phoenix can get hot at times, but we are overall better head to head at pretty much every position. If we have HCA i don't see how we lose.

Same thing with Portland with the exception for Roy. Although the Rose Garden can get pretty hostile, we usually play great up there. Not to mention they are decimated with injuries as usual.

OKC's inexperience and lack of a big man inside, will hurt them against Dallas. Before we got Haywood and Butler i'd say its possible they pull an upset but now its over in 5 or 6

Spurs :lol

endrity
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I do respect the Spurs, and I wanted to Duncan to go out while still being great, but at this moment the Spurs seem really really easy to beat.