PDA

View Full Version : Spurs State of the Team IMO

bd_monster
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I pesonally believe that yes, having your star point guard out for the time being doesnt make the team any better. But George has become an excellent PG/SG this season, there have been games where ive said take TP out and put G Hill in. Hes developed the mid range jumper and has become a threat in that corner 3 spot. And lets not forget hes a much better defender than TP ever was IMO. Im not worried about him playing big minutes every night, hes young, athletic and determined to no let anyone down. This may sound out there but with G. Hill, Manu, RJ, Duncan, Blair, Mcdyess, Mason still on our roster, we are still taleted, wise and potent team and completly capable. Maybe just maybe this a good chance for RJ to be more of a assertive scorer, and to be honest he has been playing much much better since the all star break, maybe not showing in amazing numbers but, hes showing a actual WILL to play hard like hes wasnt before the AS break. So lets forget about Tony at the moment, us talking about him being our savior and we wont make the playoffs without him, stick with what the spurs have and trust that this deep team can come together and each chip in a little more. Tony will be rested and healthy for the money season, and when he returns everyone will be just more improved.:flag::flag::flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::l obt2:

nkdlunch
03-08-2010, 11:42 AM
100% agree.

as long as we get back Parker when playoffs start we really have not lost much. It's not like we were gonna move up on the standing with Parker. Nothing has changed. On the other hand, ppl were asking to rest parker, well, they got their wish.

silverblk mystix
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
have to disagree STRONGLY on the assertion that G. Hill is a better defender than Parker...

maybe you can arguably say that THIS season hill has played a little better defense than parker....but it involves a lot of gray area (such as parkers injuries,parkers conditioning,etc.)

not to mention the fact that hill has also been torched by a few other guards---while hill has been healthy...

but just saying that hill is already better than parker (defensively) outright---I believe is very innaccurate...

nkdlunch
03-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Hill's D >>>>> Parker's D

not even close

bd_monster
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
G. Hill is a better defender than Parker, Hill length is greater than tonys, he wont win a footrace with TP most of the time, but ask yourself, how many times in TP's entire time here in SA has coach pop asked him to defend the 2 guard or hell even 3 guard, which G Hill has proudly taken the challenge, he might not be as quick as TP against someone like, CP3 but the spurs wont face him anymore the rest of the season, the spurs need him for long guards like Kidd who tony match his physical presence on most nights and old guards like fisher will be easy for G Hill. Williams always torches tony, so what ever u wanna say, we dont have an answer for him truthfully. When Pop puts his defensive lineup in to get a stop, be sure to pay attention to how fast G Hill replaces TP on the court.

silverblk mystix
03-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I see your point(s) clearly...but I distinctly remember Parker playing defense the past few seasons and believe me, you may not remember it just now but he has stepped it up bigtime when needed...guarding many different players and ---for stretches---he has held his own....all the while running the team and being a top scorer...

I personally love Hill....but I have NOT seen enough to credit him with superiority on defense over Parker...IMO...