PDA

View Full Version : the kobe lakers analysis

boston.balla
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm a boston guy. I don't hate the lakers, but i dislike many of their players. Still, i love a few. Namely gasol and odom.

It bothers me alot to see that such great talent will not break the 72-10 record , even though ithas everything that can be required for such a feat. But when kobe is going wild with 2/3 team's shots you can't have a good offense. On some nights his heavily contested jumpers fall. On many they do not. So your 4th fg especially in close games is inconsistent as fuck. As a result they got beaten by the majority of good teams (insert here: denver, cavs, mavs after trade, etc).

Of course when you are taking so many shots and passing to your teammates with 2 on the clock or just once per possesion when the offense settles in (that's rarely a pass for scoring but kome fans count it as a possession of equal importance to the rest of possessions), your teammates will feel like they are not included in the team, will go out of sync offensively, and this will carry to defense - as all people that ball know. So when things turn out good(blow out, opponent choke, kobe good shooting night) kobe is the man (30pts omgzors !!'11). When things do not turn out good (close game kobe "takes over at <40%fg") it's the defense, it's the fact that gasol does not get good position (maybe if kobe would not pass at the last second to a team mate with 1 on the clock .. ex: artest vs memphis). I have good friends that are la fans and that are completely morose over this topic, yet still, despite all these facts, there are kome fans out there that "think" (LOL) otherwise.

And of course you've got the regular joe tellin kobe is the best. Ofc 1v1 he is the best(maybe there are a select few in the discussion) but basketball is a team game, and 1v5 just does not cut it (bc of <40%fg). Pau gasol is an awesome player who, if you routinely watch the lakers, has gotten less and less interested in the team because of kobe ball. And it is completely logical: the fact that bynum,artest, odom and gasol rebound and defend very well hides the idiotic kobe ball, with the well known results: inconsistency, lowering teamates morale and getting them out of their game and then blaming it all on the them if the game is lost, underachievement.

If the lakers had bron they would have won over 72 this season (+ring obviously). As a basketball fan i feel deprived of a what could have been a historic team. Call me a kobe hater, but from a team perspective he is an underachiever and this statement has all the facts that back it up. As a basketball fan I would cheer for any team that plays great team basketball(including the lakers) cause that's a joy to watch, but kome's lakers are just a black stain on what basketball is all about: team play. Egotistical best 1v1 player equals 5v5 underachiever. Still a hof player, but an underachiever.

I'm sorry for all the laker(not kome) fans that have to put up with this night in and night out. And lol@kome best laker ever. Magic is rolling in his grave each time you say some bullshit like this. And btw since many of you laker fans have not ever seen magic's team maybe it's time to watch some tape, cause that was an awesome team to watch.

RsxPiimp
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Lakers are not going to win this year if Kobe does'nt adjust for the team. Kobe however has always adjusted in the playoffs. Thats already been established for years. He helped the Lakers win 4 titles in that reign.

ChrisRichards
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Kome needs to start playing team ball. He's 31. He should'nt be playing for numbers no more.

monosylab1k
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
break the 72 win mark? stupid.

Take the 72 win Bulls and play them in a series against this year's Lakers and the Bulls win in 5, possibly a sweep.

in2deep
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
also put the 72 win bulls in this season and they win 82

DBryant88
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
also put the 72 win bulls in this season and they win 82

+1

TheMACHINE
03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Sweet. Boston Fan writing an essay about the Lakers. LOVING IT!

Baseline
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm a boston guy. I don't hate the lakers, but i dislike many of their players. Still, i love a few. Namely gasol and odom.

It bothers me alot to see that such great talent will not break the 72-10 record , even though ithas everything that can be required for such a feat. But when kobe is going wild with 2/3 team's shots you can't have a good offense. On some nights his heavily contested jumpers fall. On many they do not. So your 4th fg especially in close games is inconsistent as fuck. As a result they got beaten by the majority of good teams (insert here: denver, cavs, mavs after trade, etc).

Of course when you are taking so many shots and passing to your teammates with 2 on the clock or just once per possesion when the offense settles in (that's rarely a pass for scoring but kome fans count it as a possession of equal importance to the rest of possessions), your teammates will feel like they are not included in the team, will go out of sync offensively, and this will carry to defense - as all people that ball know. So when things turn out good(blow out, opponent choke, kobe good shooting night) kobe is the man (30pts omgzors !!'11). When things do not turn out good (close game kobe "takes over at <40%fg") it's the defense, it's the fact that gasol does not get good position (maybe if kobe would not pass at the last second to a team mate with 1 on the clock .. ex: artest vs memphis). I have good friends that are la fans and that are completely morose over this topic, yet still, despite all these facts, there are kome fans out there that "think" (LOL) otherwise.

And of course you've got the regular joe tellin kobe is the best. Ofc 1v1 he is the best(maybe there are a select few in the discussion) but basketball is a team game, and 1v5 just does not cut it (bc of <40%fg). Pau gasol is an awesome player who, if you routinely watch the lakers, has gotten less and less interested in the team because of kobe ball. And it is completely logical: the fact that bynum,artest, odom and gasol rebound and defend very well hides the idiotic kobe ball, with the well known results: inconsistency, lowering teamates morale and getting them out of their game and then blaming it all on the them if the game is lost, underachievement.

If the lakers had bron they would have won over 72 this season (+ring obviously). As a basketball fan i feel deprived of a what could have been a historic team. Call me a kobe hater, but from a team perspective he is an underachiever and this statement has all the facts that back it up. As a basketball fan I would cheer for any team that plays great team basketball(including the lakers) cause that's a joy to watch, but kome's lakers are just a black stain on what basketball is all about: team play. Egotistical best 1v1 player equals 5v5 underachiever. Still a hof player, but an underachiever.

I'm sorry for all the laker(not kome) fans that have to put up with this night in and night out. And lol@kome best laker ever. Magic is rolling in his grave each time you say some bullshit like this. And btw since many of you laker fans have not ever seen magic's team maybe it's time to watch some tape, cause that was an awesome team to watch.

Great post, very well stated. I've been saying this about Bryant for ten years, and I've never understood why he is so loved out here in LA. Living in this town is like Stupidville when it comes to basketball.

I totally agree with Boston Balla that Bryant is disgracing the game by the way he plays. To me, this has always been the case, but it's more glaring this year because of the immense talent he has surrounding him. Gasol and Odom are great players, but they have to play with a ball-monopolizing freak who makes the game harder for his teammates. Bryant is the antithesis of LeBron, the quintessential "makes-the-game-easier" guy in the league right now, similar to how Magic was. When Larry Bird was asked on NBA TV last week which players in the league reminded him of the Bird/Magic level of play, he only mentioned one guy. He said, "When you watch a guy like LeBron James play, he just looks like he's toying with people out there on the floor. He's a guy who can do it all, and he actually does it all."

Last year, the Lakers won the title because some of the better teams in the league had catatrophic injuries...Boston, San Antonio, and even Orlando, whose all-star PG Nelson was just coming back from a bad injury. And, they didn't have to play Cleveland.

This year, because Bryant won't play team ball, the Lakers are being exposed as - like Boston Baller said - a super-talented yet underachieving team.

And it's all one guy's fault.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
I agree with the OP.