PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur: Nando De Colo

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jesterbobman
05-23-2013, 02:38 AM
If Ginobili is in the perimeter rotation, Nando could just play in all the games Manu will miss to injury/rest, as well as soaking up the minutes Neal played at SG this year. I think you still want to add a second SF option, or have the PF you go after be quick enough and a decent enough shooter(Hello Paul Millsap) to play SF in some lineups.

Basically,

TP 32mpg CoJo 16
DG 30mpg Manu 20mpg
Kawhi 32mpg

Makes that look like a crowded rotation with few minutes for Nando. But if you assume Manu misses 20 games, TP misses 15 and Kawhi and Danny miss 5-10 each(Younger, but there'll still be some strategic rest) and you have a lot of Backcourt minutes to fill in.

Captivus
05-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Nando has to improve his scoring and be more aggresive, IMO thats the only way ge will have more minutes.
And im not really sure he can play SG.

Bruno
05-23-2013, 09:24 AM
A more complete version of this interview:
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/ca-fout-les-boules-mais-tant-qu-on-gagne-il-n-y-a-rien-ia0b0n1270106

"It really isn't easy even more I was playing 10-15mpg the month before the playoffs behind Tony. After that, I ended up being more on the bench than on the court. I was at the end of the bench against Lakers and I have only played when games were won. It still wasn't easy. Against GS, you are in a suit, that's all... In a way, it pisses me off. I came here to play. I have worked the whole year to be ready for the playoffs and finally, I'm not playing... The worst part is that it's an assistant coach who tells you that you will be in a suit as if it was normal while nothing special happened before that. The mornning of the game, I was leaving after the shootaround and one tells me "How are you Nando? Tonight, you are in a suit." . You're saying to yourself "fuck"... You have no clue what happened. It was just the start of a new series. You're asking yourself why me and not someone else. It isn't easy at all. At first you think it's only for one game or two. Assistants coaches tell you that it can change while finally nothing change. After that, these are coaching decisions. As long as you keep wining, there isn't a lot to say about. There are very little team practices so you can get back your spot. I'm trying to stay positive and keep working individually. I'm going to the practice facility, do some individual training, lift weights, cardio workout. I'm just waiting that someone told me I'm back on the active roster. But, according to me, it will only happen if there is an injury. It will surely stay that way until the end of the season. "

Regrets?
"No, I don't. You can't know as long as you haven't tried. Next season? I'm under contract with Spurs. There isn't a lot to think about or having to say "I'm going back to Europe". I will keep working. We will see with Spurs after the playoffs if there is something to do or not. It's frustrating not to play but there isn't a lot to think about.

td4mvp2k
05-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Nando has to improve his scoring and be more aggresive, IMO thats the only way ge will have more minutes.
And im not really sure he can play SG.

ya and improve his d but if he's go'n dejuan blair on the spurs then him and blair will be out

lmbebo
05-23-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm sure Tiago had same complaints in his 1st year. I think a lot of players starting in the spurs system have those issues. Its up to him if he wants to commit to them long term or not

DrunkTXLabrat
05-23-2013, 04:00 PM
A more complete version of this interview:
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/ca-fout-les-boules-mais-tant-qu-on-gagne-il-n-y-a-rien-ia0b0n1270106

"It really isn't easy even more I was playing 10-15mpg the month before the playoffs behind Tony. After that, I ended up being more on the bench than on the court. I was at the end of the bench against Lakers and I have only played when games were won. It still wasn't easy. Against GS, you are in a suit, that's all... In a way, it pisses me off. I came here to play. I have worked the whole year to be ready for the playoffs and finally, I'm not playing... The worst part is that it's an assistant coach who tells you that you will be in a suit as if it was normal while nothing special happened before that. The mornning of the game, I was leaving after the shootaround and one tells me "How are you Nando? Tonight, you are in a suit." . You're saying to yourself "fuck"... You have no clue what happened. It was just the start of a new series. You're asking yourself why me and not someone else. It isn't easy at all. At first you think it's only for one game or two. Assistants coaches tell you that it can change while finally nothing change. After that, these are coaching decisions. As long as you keep wining, there isn't a lot to say about. There are very little team practices so you can get back your spot. I'm trying to stay positive and keep working individually. I'm going to the practice facility, do some individual training, lift weights, cardio workout. I'm just waiting that someone told me I'm back on the active roster. But, according to me, it will only happen if there is an injury. It will surely stay that way until the end of the season. "

Regrets?
"No, I don't. You can't know as long as you haven't tried. Next season? I'm under contract with Spurs. There isn't a lot to think about or having to say "I'm going back to Europe". I will keep working. We will see with Spurs after the playoffs if there is something to do or not. It's frustrating not to play but there isn't a lot to think about.

that doesn't sound very good. but man, i love a tony, green, kawhi, manu, cojo, decolo rotation next year. with the injury concerns in that rotation, decolo will have a chance. i hope he can keep turn this years frustrations into next years fuel.

DesignatedT
05-23-2013, 11:12 PM
If there's somebody the Spurs like in the draft I wonder if a 28th overall + De Colo would be enough to move into the teens.

bluebellmaniac
05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
If there's somebody the Spurs like in the draft I wonder if a 28th overall + De Colo would be enough to move into the teens.
Given that he isn't getting any burn in the playoffs, I don't see his value as being very high. It would take a team that has a close connection to NDC and has a higher value for him than most to move up just a few spots, but still be in the 20s. It would take someone like Green to move us up, but he is a solid defensive SG and we'd suddenly have a big need for one if we gave him up. With Green's defense of late, I think we now draft big and bigger with our picks. Maybe we hold onto NDC and see how he does as a backup SG.

Uriel
05-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I doubt it. If people didn't want Blair (who has a much better reputation around the league, no ACL's and all), why would they want an end-of-the-bench scrub like Nando de Colo?

SenorSpur
05-26-2013, 09:30 AM
It certainly doesn't hurt to try and package him in an effort to move up. I'm sure the Spurs will spare no expense in research. A move into the teens would net a better big man prospect.

100%duncan
05-26-2013, 10:12 AM
It certainly doesn't hurt to try and package him in an effort to move up. I'm sure the Spurs will spare no expense in research. A move into the teens would net a better big man prospect.

This. Just go and give it a try.

Bruno
05-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Well, if Spurs want to keep De Colo to have him playing a bigger role next season, they certainly wouldn't be interested in trading him this summer.

Neal FG% is .368 in these playoffs and his 3p% is .257. He might get a free pass because of his PF but it's far from sure. If Spurs decide that the issue with Neal is deeper than his injury and don't resign him, they will need another guard playing a significant role. It could be a draft pick, a free agent, Mills, De Colo...

Spursfanfromafar
05-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Neal's defense remains atrocious and to go along with his very poor shooting relative to skills. The Spurs haven't been hurt because they have managed his minutes well. I think they will most likely let him & Blair go after end of post-season.

SenorSpur
05-27-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm still of the belief that the Spurs should do whatever is in their capabilties to secure a promising, young big in this upcoming draft. If there is any way in which De Colo can be sacrificied to help improve the Spurs draft position, with say a team like ATL, who has multiple draft picks, I say pull the trigger.

IMO, Joseph securing the backup PG position and having a young kid like Hanga already in the pipeline, makes De Colo expendable. Therefore, the Spurs may as well try and get what they can for him, if there is any value at all. The priority for this June draft IS and SHOULD be getting the best available big for the future. If the Spurs can improve their existing draft position by using De Colog in order to do so, I say go for it.

100%duncan
05-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Big point too, get rid of De Colo, I want Hanga in a Spurs jersey by October.

Ditty
05-27-2013, 11:43 AM
I have followed the Rockets board Clutchfans in the past, and many of their fans have been high on De Colo saying that he even reminds of Dragic. If the Rockets move in the first round which it seems like they want too. Spurs should offer De Colo for the 34th pick.

Anonymous Cowherd
05-27-2013, 01:11 PM
De Colo is more valuable than the 34th pick in this draft.

yavozerb
05-27-2013, 01:47 PM
De Colo is more valuable than the 34th pick in this draft.

Depends who is still available at the 34th pick?

DrunkTXLabrat
05-27-2013, 05:35 PM
i want the spurs to keep decolo and play him next year. i believe in him. he fills the rotation depth at both guard spots. he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder and play hard for a rotation spot next year. no need to trade up at his expense. i saw that bruno guy say there's not a good chance of hanga coming.($) he's familiar with the system, and stuck under contract.

bluebellmaniac
05-27-2013, 06:11 PM
i want the spurs to keep decolo and play him next year. i believe in him. he fills the rotation depth at both guard spots. he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder and play hard for a rotation spot next year. no need to trade up at his expense. i saw that bruno guy say there's not a good chance of hanga coming.($) he's familiar with the system, and stuck under contract.

If the FO doesn't field an offer they feel matches or exceeds NDC's worth, then he will have next year to solidify a spot as the backup SG. As the backup SG next year, his minutes will be irregular, but they will be significant. If we keep NDC and we bring over Bertans, then we would be focusing on Big and bigger in the draft. Picks that can play abroad for a year or two would look good right now. We are tight on spots if we keep NDC.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-27-2013, 06:44 PM
If the FO doesn't field an offer they feel matches or exceeds NDC's worth, then he will have next year to solidify a spot as the backup SG. As the backup SG next year, his minutes will be irregular, but they will be significant. If we keep NDC and we bring over Bertans, then we would be focusing on Big and bigger in the draft. Picks that can play abroad for a year or two would look good right now. We are tight on spots if we keep NDC.

sounds like an endorsement for adetokunbo?

BackHome
05-30-2013, 10:40 PM
We need to get guys who can score because Manu and Timmy are going to play less next year and Manu is one injury away from being out a whole season.

spurraider21
05-31-2013, 03:08 PM
I haven't given up on De Colo like many here have. I don't think its fair to evaluate him after 1 season, his first in the NBA.

exstatic
06-01-2013, 08:12 AM
sounds like an endorsement for adetokunbo?

In spite of his 6'9" height, Adetokunbo is not a big. He grew 3 inches in the last year, and should really be considered a wing.

exstatic
06-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I haven't given up on De Colo like many here have. I don't think its fair to evaluate him after 1 season, his first in the NBA.

I'm not that concerned about his play. CoJo was horrible as a rookie. I'm concerned about his whinyness. That doesn't play well with the Spurs, coaches OR players.

BackHome
06-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I am more concerned with his foot speed as how well he can guard other players and how much offense he can create. I do agree he will better next season but with CoJo being the backup PG I just don't see him getting a lot of playing time at the PG position. But then again Manu is going to miss at least twenty to thirty games so he could get more playing time at SG but I would rather have Adam Hanga for this position.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-02-2013, 02:18 PM
In spite of his 6'9" height, Adetokunbo is not a big. He grew 3 inches in the last year, and should really be considered a wing.

if he grows any more or once he puts on some weight. he's gonna start setting some screens and getting in that paint.

CGD
06-02-2013, 04:46 PM
I still struggle to see where this guy fits. He has talent, and I actually don't mind that he's anxious to play, though, some of the melodrama is unnecessary and he needs to show a willingness to play in Austin if required. But is he a PG? probably not since Cojo has emerged. If he's a SG can he improve that outside shot and not be a defensive liability? Either way he's the 3rd stringer if the best case scenario assuming Neal isn't brought back. Can he be patient, learn under Manu, and wait for his shot in the post big three era 2 years from now? If not, I think you have to move him for an asset.

Bruno
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Nando is more suited to defend SG. He has the size and the toughness to do it while it's tough for him to stay with the quickest guard.

And on the paper, a Joseph/De Colo backcourt should work fine. They just complement each other well.

BackHome
06-02-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm still of the belief that the Spurs should do whatever is in their capabilties to secure a promising, young big in this upcoming draft. If there is any way in which De Colo can be sacrificied to help improve the Spurs draft position, with say a team like ATL, who has multiple draft picks, I say pull the trigger.

IMO, Joseph securing the backup PG position and having a young kid like Hanga already in the pipeline, makes De Colo expendable. Therefore, the Spurs may as well try and get what they can for him, if there is any value at all. The priority for this June draft IS and SHOULD be getting the best available big for the future. If the Spurs can improve their existing draft position by using De Colog in order to do so, I say go for it.

So what big do you think we should target? For me I would have no problems trading Neal/De Colo/Bonner/Blair for these two players : Darco SF/PF -6"10 223 and Gorguie Dieng C - 6"11 230............Atlanta "Ferry" owes us a favor for taking Bud to be there head coach so do us a good Ferry....They are going to be huge players for CP3 and Howard so they are going to be clearing contracts and who knows Bonner might help us. That would be sweet to give them bonner and we get there 17pick and still keep our 28th pick..

SenorSpur
06-03-2013, 12:37 AM
So what big do you think we should target? For me I would have no problems trading Neal/De Colo/Bonner/Blair for these two players : Darco SF/PF -6"10 223 and Gorguie Dieng C - 6"11 230............Atlanta "Ferry" owes us a favor for taking Bud to be there head coach so do us a good Ferry....They are going to be huge players for CP3 and Howard so they are going to be clearing contracts and who knows Bonner might help us. That would be sweet to give them bonner and we get there 17pick and still keep our 28th pick..

I agree with you on Gorgui Dieng. Defensive demon, superb pick-n-roll defender and an excellent shot-blocker. He's also a kid with an emerging offensive game, as evidenced during Louisville's run through the NCAA tournament.

The other preferred target, and this is a guy that I know they like, is Steven Adams. A legit 7-footer with strong rebounding and physical skills. He surprised many at the recent NBA Draft Combine when he displayed a never-before-seen ability to consistently stroke the outside shot from about 15ft. I remember reading that R.C. Buford was spotted at one of his late season home games.

It's very likely that both these kids go during the middle round of the draft., which is why I believe it's paramount the Spurs be able to move up.

Bruno
06-11-2013, 02:23 PM
In today's french newspaper:

I'm ready but I don't have false hopes. The rotation is set. I knew that the first season would be complicate especially in a team with a very deep roster like Spurs. I rather play. I've communicated about my frustration and I've received a rap over the knuckles from the management. But there isn't an issue. I'm just a player who wants to play. The team is winning and I'm fully behind it. Even if nothing is done, there is a title at the end.

So, as expected, Spurs didn't like Nando's whining and let him know that but this story didn't turn into some kind of big issue.

SpursDynasty21
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I think that Cory Joseph has taken the backup PG role. That might make De Colo available in a trade.

exstatic
06-16-2013, 09:33 AM
if he grows any more or once he puts on some weight. he's gonna start setting some screens and getting in that paint.

Why would you take a guy that they call Euro Durant, and pack weight on him and shove him in the paint? Because he's 6'9"? Not a good reason.

Chinook
06-29-2013, 02:57 PM
So De Colo's going to play in the summer league...

I'll say this: I admit I haven't been too big of a fan of De Colo recently, but I'm glad to see him doing the little things to get the coaches' attention. If he puts his game in the grindstone, he should be able to beat out Joseph for good.

Also, if the Spurs sign Evans, how great would it be to have a unit with three players at around the same height who have experience playing all of the perimeter positions, and who have actually had success at those positions. It could be one of the most intriguing units in basketball history.

Bruno
07-09-2013, 04:00 AM
An interview he gave to his local newspaper a couple of days ago:
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/nando-de-colo-j-ai-beaucoup-appris-ce-n-est-pas-ia213b0n1398080

A translation of what he said that is Spurs related:

"I wasn't forced to play the SL but Spurs told me it would be better I played it. I was partially surprised because with the FNT just following, I thought they would gave me a little more rest but I was partially not surprised because it can be good for next season. Coaches thinks that it's the best option, it's also a part of the job. I know that during the first years and with my little playing time, it could led me to play there."

" These summer games will allow to exactly determinate in what way Spurs want to use me. I won't only play PG. I will also play some SG. SG is a post I like a lot. People have always me what post I rather play: PG or SG. I really like to be in a in-between situation: play at first like a SG and takes back the PG spot for a few plays. It's a little in the mold of Manu's style. Now that I've been alongside him for a year, I see some similarities and SG is a post I like to play."

"I knew when arriving to the Spurs that it would be a learning year. Team goals were really high. Aside of winning the Finals, we have reach them. The loss remains frustrating. When you are so close of a first NBA tile, you said to yourself "why not?". It was very close and that's the NBA's trademark. Team-wise, it was a good season. Personally, I've leaned a lot about the daily life, the American game and the way it works. Having 10 coaches is always surprising. You had to adjust at all that. The NBA as long as you aren't in it, you don't know what it will be. When you are with a winning team, it's easier to put the lack of playing time you've hoped for in perspective. Spurs are a team than don't change their players each year. The three main players have been here for 10 years. I was the only new player. It's not as easy as it seems to make yourself a spot. I had to keep trying and that's why I'm going to SL."

Bruno
07-09-2013, 04:05 AM
It's nice to hear that De Colo will play some SG. I think the best for Spurs is now to go with Joseph as backup PG. Even with the Belinelli signing isn't a good news for De Colo, he should still be able to get some playing time as long as Spurs don't sign a SF to backup Kawhi and go with a lot of 3 guards lineups.

Baam
07-09-2013, 09:08 AM
I agree I like him better as a SG as well.

CGD
07-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Think we'll see a lot of Manu-Belli-Nando line ups off the bench? Would have to be when there is a slowish back up pg in the game for the opposing team. Toss Boris in there an you have an awesome passing team. I can see Pop riding the situational backup PG deal btw Nando & Cory all season.

Chinook
07-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Re-signing Neal would be the death knell to De Colo's hopes of getting playing time. Pop can't keep going back and forth between him and Joseph. One needs to get comfortable running the offense. More and more now, it seems like the signing of Belinelli could turn out to be a mistake.

PlayNando
07-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Nando is willing to work hard. Play Nando..........

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014............

Captivus
07-10-2013, 07:42 AM
I dont think he played enough so that other teams can value him. Thats the main problem.
And I believe next season is gonna be the same if he stays. His contract will end, and most people would not be able to tell if this guy can or cant be a backup PG.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-10-2013, 12:36 PM
i love nando. i hope neal isn't coming back. nando's needle threading ability is just what the spurs need.

monkeypunk
07-10-2013, 01:24 PM
i love nando. i hope neal isn't coming back. nando's needle threading ability is just what the spurs need.

Agreed, Nando just needs to work on his shot and his confidence. BBIQ is there already.

Given the chance to settle into a defined role, I think Nando could be surprisingly productive.

td4mvp2k
07-10-2013, 09:22 PM
trade him!

moisaenz
07-10-2013, 10:10 PM
this guy cant be pg

ohmwrecker
07-13-2013, 10:40 AM
This guy is a turd. Get rid of him and move on.

Raven
07-13-2013, 12:51 PM
i said all along that he is not a pg and he's shooting is very streaky, but i didn't know he wouldn't even put any effort into trying to prove a point. He's starting to piss me off tbh.

PlayNando
07-13-2013, 01:10 PM
trade him!
GTFO.

this guy cant be pg
Rubbish.

This guy is a turd. Get rid of him and move on.
GTFO, Mavs fan.

i said all along that he is not a pg and he's shooting is very streaky, but i didn't know he wouldn't even put any effort into trying to prove a point. He's starting to piss me off tbh.
Pathetic post of the year award, tbh..............

MeloHype
07-13-2013, 03:22 PM
^lmao

DrunkTXLabrat
07-13-2013, 10:50 PM
i think nando is gonna shock some people this coming season. unless he gets hurt or traded.

Bruno
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
There are some rumors floating on twitter that Turkish team Fenerbahce is after De Colo. You had to take these kind of rumors with a huge grain of salt but it's just to let you know...

Chinook
08-05-2013, 03:29 PM
There are some rumors floating on twitter that Turkish team Fenerbahce is after De Colo. You had to take these kind of rumors with a huge grain of salt but it's just to let you know...

Do they have the finances to match De Colo's current contract? If so, Nando may consider voiding his final season and heading back to Europe. I don't the Spurs pay him anything to play for another team, though.

SpursSerb
08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Do they have the finances to match De Colo's current contract? If so, Nando may consider voiding his final season and heading back to Europe. I don't the Spurs pay him anything to play for another team, though.

Yes,they have a big budget,they already signed Kleiza.They are known for throwing money away,not that i think signing Nando is throwing money.

Chinook
08-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes,they have a big budget,they already signed Kleiza.They are known for throwing money away,not that i think signing Nando is throwing money.

Thanks for the info.

Bruno
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
A nice mix of his rookie season:
p_X_KZUS0Co

look_at_g_shred
10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Please Nando! Go home!

CGD
10-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Nando still has potential and his deal is very affordable. It'd be dumb to just waive him. It's not like either Cojo or Mills is running away with back up PG duties, plus its still to be seen if Manu will see the bulk of his minutes at the back-up SF.

objective
10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Utah is without Burke for 2-3 months. And they look like they're under the cap enough according to Sham's site to just absorb Nando for a non-existant 2nd rounder.

Maybe Lindsay would be willing to take him to soak up minutes and give Gobert some company.

exstatic
10-16-2013, 10:17 PM
I dont think he played enough so that other teams can value him. Thats the main problem.
And I believe next season is gonna be the same if he stays. His contract will end, and most people would not be able to tell if this guy can or cant be a backup PG.

That question has been answered, and the answer is NO.

Captivus
10-17-2013, 08:10 AM

That question has been answered, and the answer is NO.

I agree now. He is not fast enough, cant penetrate and pass to open players. And his shooting is also mediocre, so playing as SG is also a longshot.

Kineto
10-17-2013, 08:49 AM
I agree now. He is not fast enough, cant penetrate and pass to open players. And his shooting is also mediocre, so playing as SG is also a longshot.

38% from 3pts range last year, it doesn't seem so bad for me...

Captivus
10-17-2013, 10:42 AM
38% from 3pts range last year, it doesn't seem so bad for me...

Yes, thats right. Maybe mediocre is not the word. Green 43% and Mills 40%.
I watch him play and its like he is hiding on the court.

I rather see Green - Manu - Mills and probably Beli playing the SG position.
As PG, I will go with Cojo, more aggresive, higher FG and FT%.

Also, dont forget Nando usually played garbage minutes.

Kineto
10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Also, dont forget Nando usually played garbage minutes.

Mills used to play way more garbage time than nando last year, if you want to go this way... ;-)

Captivus
10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Mills used to play way more garbage time than nando last year, if you want to go this way... ;-)

Yes...but he shoots 40%! If you wanna go that way :lol

PlayNando
10-17-2013, 11:20 PM
The Idiot Brigade is out hating on Nando, per par, I see.

Sean Cagney
10-17-2013, 11:23 PM
No hating on a player that just sucks, you can't hate a guy who suck you either A want him off your team or B feel sorry for him...... I want him off the team or hope he can play worth a shit sometime this year to help out. Nobody cares about NANDO but you.

PlayNando
10-17-2013, 11:30 PM
No hating on a player that just sucks, you can't hate a guy who suck you either A want him off your team or B feel sorry for him...... I want him off the team or hope he can play worth a shit sometime this year to help out. Nobody cares about NANDO but you.
You must care if you continue to post about him, tbh.

Nando contributes in ways that don't show up on the box score.

Sean Cagney
10-18-2013, 12:27 AM
You must care if you continue to post about him, tbh.

Nando contributes in ways that don't show up on the box score.

Nando sucks and we all know it, stop wasting mine and our time in here about this player your not funny. You are either family or Nando, either or he sucks. He just sucks, he contributes by not playing on the floor and YES that doesn't show up in the boxscore so he is best there............

PlayNando
10-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Nando sucks and we all know it, stop wasting mine and our time in here about this player your not funny. You are either family or Nando, either or he sucks. He just sucks, he contributes by not playing on the floor and YES that doesn't show up in the boxscore so he is best there............
You think I'm Nando? :lol

No, I'm just someone that recognizes sporting talent. I declared Messi to be a great one before he was even in high school. It's what I do.

Sean Cagney
10-20-2013, 02:03 AM
You think I'm Nando? :lol

No, I'm just someone that recognizes sporting talent. I declared Messi to be a great one before he was even in high school. It's what I do.

He is garbage proved it again tonight, if he is our future there is no future at all...... You need to stop making predictions before I call you a dumb son of a bitch.

PlayNando
10-20-2013, 12:44 PM
He is garbage proved it again tonight, if he is our future there is no future at all...... You need to stop making predictions before I call you a dumb son of a bitch.
He's better than Cojo, tbh!

Axegrinder
10-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Nando is a waste of roster spot..and anyone that champions him like some kind of star is a monumental dolt

ace3g
01-17-2015, 09:45 AM
random I know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0vFA9m7SJQ4

DrunkTXLabrat
01-17-2015, 11:55 AM
i always thought decolo was under-appreciated. pop and rc just don't see things. i woud dare say fat mills was a neal upgrade. and dleague cojo/decolo was prototype belineli. they coulda traded neal and blair for the last pick in the 2nd and just used what they had, but nope. looking back, i'm glad decolo forced his way out. i bet we could get a good twitter rant on the real pop and rc from decolo.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2015, 08:48 PM
He forced his way out of the entire NBA by sucking.

Kineto
02-16-2015, 08:51 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=002100&seasoncode=E2014

euroleague TOP 16 stats (after 7 match)
28 min - 17,3 pts (55% / 45% / 93%) - 4 rbd - 4 ast - 2,3 stl

Mvp round 3
Mvp January
Mvp round 7

Chinook
02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm glad he's happy. I would have rather given De Colo the reigns at the backup three and used the full MLE on a big, but what can you do now? He didn't really want to be in the US it seems. No shame in that.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-16-2015, 02:46 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=002100&seasoncode=E2014

Mvp round 3
Mvp January
Mvp round 7

1...2... chumpy's comin for you... 3...4... better close the door... 5...6... he will bring exstatic... 7...8... better stay up late... 9...10... the drunk guy is your friend

ChumpDumper
02-16-2015, 06:04 PM

Mvp round 3
Mvp January
Mvp round 7Good for him.

Beaverfuzz
04-02-2015, 06:06 PM
One of the suckiest bunch of sucks that has ever sucked.

Kineto
05-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Euroleague MVP : Nando De Colo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllxek1-V88&feature=youtu.be

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=002100&seasoncode=E2015

2015-2016 stats : 27 min 19 pts (56%/46%/90%) 4 rbd 5 ast 1 stl 3 tov

Chinook
05-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Would be great to have now. Dude didn't want to be here, though.

sasaint
05-12-2016, 11:50 AM

I have never heard that. Can you elaborate?

SAGirl
05-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Wasn't he not playing and end of the bench? I read rumors he requested the trade to go back to Europe bc he wasn't playing.

Kineto
05-13-2016, 01:03 AM
The trade to the raptor was made on his request, because he was at the end of the rotation, and he wanted to play.

That's why he came back in europe rather than re-sign with the raptor at the end of his rookie contract.

He recently said he is ok to play in nba again, but only for a PO team, and not just to be here again, but to have a real role in the team. I guess he will stay in CSKA, unless some good team with cap space made him a really good offer (full mid level exception ?)

Also, i'm not sure, but IIRC, he is a restricted FA, the raptor still own his right.

r0drig0lac
05-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Nando going ham

DrunkTXLabrat
05-17-2016, 01:36 AM
i always thought decolo was under-appreciated. pop and rc just don't see things. i woud dare say fat mills was a neal upgrade. and dleague cojo/decolo was prototype belineli. they coulda traded neal and blair for the last pick in the 2nd and just used what they had, but nope. looking back, i'm glad decolo forced his way out. i bet we could get a good twitter rant on the real pop and rc from decolo.

SD126
05-20-2016, 02:58 AM
The trade to the raptor was made on his request, because he was at the end of the rotation, and he wanted to play.

That's why he came back in europe rather than re-sign with the raptor at the end of his rookie contract.

He recently said he is ok to play in nba again, but only for a PO team, and not just to be here again, but to have a real role in the team. I guess he will stay in CSKA, unless some good team with cap space made him a really good offer (full mid level exception ?)

Also, i'm not sure, but IIRC, he is a restricted FA, the raptor still own his right.

Raptors hold his rights but that bridge burned when he wanted out of here. Also it wasn't like he set the world on fire in Toronto, either.

SAGirl
05-20-2016, 10:46 PM
He has been linked to the Spurs. There are rumors Spurs showed interest, but his rights are still held by the Raptors and allegedly the Bucks are offering him the most $. He wants to be assured of a role too. He's not going to come back to the NBA to be end of the bench like he was when he was here initially. http://www.brewhoop.com/2016/5/20/11717318/nando-de-colo-bucks-giannis-blog-bucks-player-data-living-wage

If Manu were to retire he could be guaranteed a spot I think which would be interesting. He had a tremendous season in Europe, was shooting very efficiently.

SAGirl
05-21-2016, 12:14 AM
Found this out. His European club is offering him a lot to keep him plus a significant role. He sounds unlikely to be an option.http://sportando.com/en/cups/euroleague/199650/cska-moscow-wants-to-keep-nando-de-colo-ready-to-offer-him-more-than-3-million-per-year.html

Drom John
06-15-2016, 03:10 PM

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 10:58 AM