03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_antonio_mcdyess.jpg

Antonio McDyess | C-F
Born: Sep 7, 1974
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111.1 kg.
College: Alabama
Years Pro: 13

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/antonio_mcdyess/index.html)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Massive disappointment. I thought he'd be a perfect fit, and he's shown that he could be in about 5 games this year, but that's it.

Ship him if at all possible.

timtonymanu
03-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Clearly is almost done.

The second half Dice hasn't even showed up fully. I'm disappointed with him because I heard how he has alot of heart to win but he's been lazy all year. If the Spurs can trade him, then trade him.

Capt Bringdown
03-09-2010, 10:24 AM
5 mil per is too much to gamble on a player this old. I was not happy when we signed him, even unhappier now.

Johnny RIngo
03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Washed-up has been. He should feel ashamed that a 2nd round rookie(Blair) is producing more than him. Maybe Dice's shittyness will get the FO to wake-up and realize that you can't always win by relying on "good character" vets.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Hopefully we can get Splitter to replace him.

AFBlue
03-10-2010, 01:37 AM
McDyess is one of the biggest pieces to the Spurs having any shot in the playoffs. We all know Bonner disappears when the competition level/intensity increases, and Dice was brought in to provide that veteran swagger...along with his 18ft jumpsot.

So far, not so good. But, I'm not ready to give up on the guy yet. It's not like his most important attribute (aformentioned jumpshot) has left him. He just has to continue growing into his role. rebound and body up in the post.

The Cleveland game aside, I'm optimistic McDyess will be the player the Spurs thought he'd be by playoff time.

BillMc
03-10-2010, 01:39 AM
The Cleveland game aside, I'm optimistic McDyess will be the player the Spurs thought he'd be by playoff time.

Man, I hope you're right!:flag:

Mr Bones
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I wasn't expecting miracles from Dice-- I was hoping for 7 pts/ 7 rebounds in 25 mpg along with smart veteran D. He's just a bit under that now, but I still think that's about what he'll give come April.

EricB
03-11-2010, 01:14 AM
McDyess in the second half of the season has been good.

Every month past December he's improved.

McDyess can play for my team any day.

AFBlue
03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I take back what I said about Dice here. I was just so frustrated with the Cleveland game that I got angry at Dice for having a bad game. I'd love to see Dice stay but I still think the Spurs need to find a big to start alongside Timmy and have Dice come off the bench.

Hello Splitter.

barbacoataco
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm also hoping that McDyess surprises in the playoffs. His reputation with Pistons fans was as a real competitor who fought hard. I haven't seen that too much this year, but the problem might be the bad chemistry the team has had. I get the impression he is a real professional and he might be frustrated by the bad energy, which he wasn't expecting when he signed.

td4mvp2k
01-19-2013, 03:45 PM
The Heat should be focused on luring Antonio McDyess as a midseason pickup — in the same way as P.J. Brown came out of retirement to help the Celtics win the 2007-08 championship — or on picking up a big man who has been waived after the trade deadline. Otherwise, they shouldn’t trade any of the assets that helped them win the championship last season.

Ian Thomsen/SI Spurs should see about Mcdyess before a team like the Heat do.