PDA

View Full Version : What to you splurge on?

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
(how fast until someone responds "I splurge on someone's face"?)

Everyone has something they spend their extra money on, and usually spend more than they should on it. Things you kick around on the internet looking at and saving money to buy.

Mine used to be electronics and gadgets- I would go to cnet and other websites to search for cool gadgets. But over the last year it has been clothes. Because I'm entering into a more professional environment this summer, I've been splurging on clothes and shoes building up a wardrobe.

mavs>spurs2
03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
i wish i had the money to splurge on anything..I'm a broke ass college student :depressed

My idea of splurging is buying fast food instead of eating at home

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
i wish i had the money to splurge on anything..I'm a broke ass college student :depressed

My idea of splurging is buying fast food instead of eating at home

that's the way I was in college. Every bit of money I had went to food and beer

thispego
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
i buy dro instead of that nasty dirt weed schwag

peewee's_lovechild
03-08-2010, 04:28 PM
I splurge on your mom's tits!

(had to get that joke in before I.Hustle!)

thispego
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
that's the way I was in college. Every bit of money I had went to food and beer

ive got a few problems with you... first i hate anyone who spends lots of money on and has lots of "electronic gadgets". probably the gayest thing you could spend money on. secondly, your new splurge is clothes because you're trying to "build up wardrobe" because you're "moving into a professional environment"? lame. and lastly, please do explain your user title... is part of your daily schedule a visit to the tanning salon?

mavs>spurs2
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
i "splurged" on a computer over a year ago..lol hopefully this summer i can come up with an idea to make some more money rather than just a shitty part time minimum wage-ish job. i used to be a hustler back when i was a teen, i'm sure i can find some odd jobs here and there, maybe open up a yard cutting thing. being broke sucks

mavs>spurs2
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
ive got a few problems with you... first i hate anyone who spends lots of money on and has lots of "electronic gadgets". probably the gayest thing you could spend money on. secondly, your new splurge is clothes because you're trying to "build up wardrobe" because you're "moving into a professional environment"? lame. and lastly, please do explain your user title... is part of your daily schedule a visit to the tanning salon?

you dissecting him brah is this the Science Club?

florige
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Movies.

balli
03-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I smoke good weed, wear nice clothes, buy a lot of video games and drink beer from Ireland or microbreweries. That about does it.

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 04:38 PM

haha. I meant that I have to start wearing suits to work instead of business casual, so I started buying suits, ties and shirts so I don't wear the same thing everyday

no I don't go tanning- just do the laundry and go to the gym

mavs>spurs2
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
haha. I meant that I have to start wearing suits to work instead of business casual

it's okay brah you don't have to explain yourself to him he's just a douche you don't owe him shit

thispego
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
you dissecting him brah is this the Science Club?

i dontknow, is it?

thispego
03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
haha. I meant that I have to start wearing suits to work instead of business casual, so I started buying suits, ties and shirts so I don't wear the same thing everyday

ok cool, thought you were gay'n out on us

CosmicCowboy
03-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Good cigars

Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler Ice Cream.

Good sippin tequila.

Accurate guns. Ammo.

Negra Modelo beer.

J.T.
03-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Well I just quit cigarettes last week so I figure I'm going to reapportion that money into my marijuana budget and upgrade from swag to chronic.

mrsmaalox
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Spurs tickets and spa days :)

mrsmaalox
03-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Start saving dry cleaning coupons ASAP ;)

Bender
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
cigars & guns.

I reload my own ammo, so I save in the ammo dept.

admiralsnackbar
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Audio recording equipment.

Cry Havoc
03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm about to buy a new car... so..... this:

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/lotus_elise.jpg

Cry Havoc
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Spurminator
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Hookers

thispego
03-08-2010, 05:12 PM
when you're a parent, then you'll understand

human babies like to be shaken, right?

thispego
03-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Cry havoc likes to splurge on earphones and then use pictures of those very same headphones as his avatar

thispego
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
bastard ones do

you son of a bitch

clambake
03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm about to buy a new car... so..... this:

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/lotus_elise.jpg

i couldn't fit in that car. tried once. it's not for the tall.

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Shoes. But I haven't splurged since October. The last pair of expensive shoes I bought was a pair of Uggs (yes...Uggs) and they were on sale for $80. I bought a pair of Diane Von Furstenberg sandals for about the same price too.

I'd love to get a pair of Joe's Jeans Maven jeans. Those are $78 at the least.

IronMexican
03-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Nothing. It used to be videogames before I got my 360 modded.

Drachen
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Beer. I don't allow myself much spending money, but when I do overspend money, it is usually on good beer. A purchase has to make logical financial sense (how much value will I get out of this purchase, etc.). Beer on the other hand, I don't even look at the price. If it is good I will buy it, or if I am looking to try a new beer, if it looks interesting, I will buy it. The only beer I have picked up to buy, and paused to look at the price was Chimay.

mojorizen7
03-08-2010, 05:37 PM
http://static.desktopnexus.com/wallpapers/51444-bigthumbnail.jpg

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Shoes. But I haven't splurged since October. The last pair of expensive shoes I bought was a pair of Uggs (yes...Uggs) and they were on sale for $80. I bought a pair of Diane Von Furstenberg sandals for about the same price too.

I'd love to get a pair of Joe's Jeans Maven jeans. Those are $78 at the least.

those are the kind of jeans I wear. Big fan of them. I get them at Nordstrom rack. I wear the rocker

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
those are the kind of jeans I wear. Big fan of them. I get them at Nordstrom rack. I wear the rocker

Lucky bastard. They never have my size there (but granted I am a 32). Of all the luxury/designer brands (and I've tried 'em all) they're the only ones I would splurge on versus just buying Old Navy or Gap jeans.

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Lucky bastard. They never have my size there (but granted I am a 32). Of all the luxury/designer brands (and I've tried 'em all) they're the only ones I would splurge on versus just buying Old Navy or Gap jeans.

yeah they are the best jeans I have had. I like nice clothes that don't shout out to the world that they are nice- which is why I like Joe's. I used to like 7's but they got a little too gaudy for my liking. I like plain shit though like Joe's and James Perse

bus driver
03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
gasoline so i can get to work to pay from more gas

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
yeah they are the best jeans I have had. I like nice clothes that don't shout out to the world that they are nice- which is why I like Joe's. I used to like 7's but they got a little too gaudy for my liking. I like plain shit though like Joe's and James Perse

Ohh nice choice on James Perse! A guy who knows his designers. 7s are kind of gaudy. I have a pair of Vigoss jeans that I bought at the Rack and I love 'em but the back of the pockets are really gaudy too so I rarely wear them. The only problem with Joe's, at least for me, is that even though they are super comfy, I have to get them tailored a ton because I am so short. Oh well, the price you pay for good stuff.

Imposter
03-08-2010, 05:59 PM
fashion thread!

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Ohh nice choice on James Perse! A guy who knows his designers. 7s are kind of gaudy. I have a pair of Vigoss jeans that I bought at the Rack and I love 'em but the back of the pockets are really gaudy too so I rarely wear them. The only problem with Joe's, at least for me, is that even though they are super comfy, I have to get them tailored a ton because I am so short. Oh well, the price you pay for good stuff.

haha, yeah I grew up in a house with 3 girls so I like clothes. I'm on Gilt everyday buying shit. That is why I like knowing what people splurge on because I love clothes as gay as that makes me sound. I spend too much money on clothes and my friends rip on me but whatever. My favorite designers are Penguin (if that counts) John Varvatos and James Perse

Imposter
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
It's getting uncomfortable in here...

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
haha, yeah I grew up in a house with 3 girls so I like clothes. I'm on Gilt everyday buying shit. That is why I like knowing what people splurge on because I love clothes as gay as that makes me sound. I spend too much money on clothes and my friends rip on me but whatever. My favorite designers are Penguin (if that counts) John Varvatos and James Perse

Fucking Gilt. And Haute Look, Ideeli, Beyond the Rack, etc, etc, etc. I fucking love those sites. This is why I need to make six figures.

Thunder Dan should work for People's Revolution. Andrew Mukamal watch out.

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Fucking Gilt. And Haute Look, Ideeli, Beyond the Rack, etc, etc, etc. I fucking love those sites. This is why I need to make six figures.

I think Gilt is running them out though because it got too big. Gilt is sucking up all the sales and most companies are limiting these types of sales because stores are complaining.

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I think Gilt is running them out though because it got too big. Gilt is sucking up all the sales and most companies are limiting these types of sales because stores are complaining.

I think Haute Look was bought by someone else recently...don't remember the exact details (or was it Ideeli..don't feel like googling). I find it hard to slog through all the piles of sales though.

Like do I really need 10000 thread sheets that I buy online? I can get those a Neiman's down the street. Or art? I want to look at my art.

I'm loving Row Nine, even though I haven't bought anything from them yet. They're all super high end luxury, not random BS like art and stuff. As much as love Gilt it gets excessive...as do the e-mails I get get everyday at 10 am on the dot. Oh well. Although I haven't actually shopped since November.

Thunder Dan
03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I think Haute Look was bought by someone else recently...don't remember the exact details (or was it Ideeli..don't feel like googling). I find it hard to slog through all the piles of sales though.

Like do I really need 10000 thread sheets that I buy online? I can get those a Neiman's down the street. Or art? I want to look at my art.

I'm loving Row Nine, even though I haven't bought anything from them yet. They're all super high end luxury, not random BS like art and stuff. As much as love Gilt it gets excessive...as do the e-mails I get get everyday at 10 am on the dot. Oh well. Although I haven't actually shopped since November.

yeah I turned off the emails from most of them. It's easy for the men's side because there aren't as many sales. The most there are in one day is like 7. The women's side has so many

ashbeeigh
03-08-2010, 06:22 PM
yeah I turned off the emails from most of them. It's easy for the men's side because there aren't as many sales. The most there are in one day is like 7. The women's side has so many

I think I get three to four a day just from them. But it is an indulgence. Just looking at some of the stuff is nice.

Anywaaay. Aside from Thunder Dan and my appreciation for the finer fabrics, what does everyone else indulge in? Good food? A good drink? Stuff for the kiddos? How about the pets?

Jekka
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Short weekend vacations
A good bottle of wine every few weeks
Free-range local eggs/organic milk/trips to the farmer's market

mavs>spurs2
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
short weekend vacations

+1

marini martini
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Trips!!!!:toast

Duff McCartney
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Some of the food when I go grocery shopping I splurge on.

I haven't drank alcohol in almost three years, but when I invite people over I like to splurge on alcohol for their consumption. I don't like people to think I am cheap when it comes to beer.

Also I'm thinking of becoming an oenophile, but I haven't really decided if I want to resume drinking alcohol. It wouldn't be so bad since you can't really buy good wine at most places like bars or clubs. So I'd never drink at those places.

Still it's kind of a big deal for me. I'm having a hard time deciding.

CosmicCowboy
03-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Also I'm thinking of becoming an oenophile, but I haven't really decided if I want to resume drinking alcohol. It wouldn't be so bad since you can't really buy good wine at most places like bars or clubs. So I'd never drink at those places.

Still it's kind of a big deal for me. I'm having a hard time deciding.

:lmao:lmao

what a feeble pickup line.

I have been guilty of buying very good wine at times. Go buy a case of $100 a bottle wine and see if you still want to be an oenophile.

Duff McCartney
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
what a feeble pickup line.

How is that a pickup line?

Bukefal
03-08-2010, 08:02 PM
trips
cigarettes
hats/caps
clothes
food
wine
games

4>0rings
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
your girlfriend is going to love that car
Not if she likes A/C. Well it used to be that way, depends on the year you buy they had very weak A/C's. Nice car but it's still a Celica engine.

I used to splurge a lot on my car hobby but now I really don't have any hobbies, well ones that I want to post about. :depressed

caribbean_spur
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
trips
fresh seafood

baseline bum
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
trips

Acid or shrooms? Either way is good IMO.

baseline bum
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Until I found gigapedia.org, it was books.

ploto
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Swiss Chocolate
Books for my kid

symple19
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Ale

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Books for me, I have a damn respectable book collection.

CuckingFunt
03-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Specifically... movies, video games, and cable. I don't need any of these things, could live quite happily without them in fact, but have decided they're worth the money for the amount of enjoyment I get. Same with getting my car washed -- I could do it myself, but am willing to cut corners elsewhere in order to pay people to do it for me.

I'm more of a splurger in general than I am on specific items, though. Even with the above items (with the exception of cable, which is budgeted as part of my monthly expenses), I don't splurge to the point that I'm buying these items when I can't or shouldn't. I'm very practical with my money. I do splurge often in terms of buying high quality and/or well made things, however, which is always more expensive. This is true for big purchases as well as smaller, more frequent purchases like groceries and clothes.

dirk4mvp
03-08-2010, 11:31 PM
new era 5950's. However I'm starting to cut back since those assbags think it's cool to jack the price up every so often.

clothes

albums

movies/tv shows on dvd

and i always throw down some extra cash for treats for my cat

gm5k
03-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Audio recording equipment.

same here. I'm a gearslut :toast

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/ :downspin:

My favorite recording chain is my Bees Neez modded Peluso 2247LE -> Atlas Pro Audio Juggernaut -> Buzz Audio Essence -> Lavry Blue Conversion. Due to finances, I've pretty much made it my only chain :lol

Snackbar will know what I'm talking about :toast

Kori Ellis
03-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I used to splurge on shoes and handbags. Then when we were moving, I realized how many pairs of shoes that I had that I'd never worn or handbags that still had the tags on them -- embarrassing and unnecessary. So in the past few months, I haven't been splurging just saving. Now that we have a baby, I'm sure that we will be using our splurges on her.

IronMexican
03-09-2010, 12:07 AM
and i always throw down some extra cash for treats for my cat

Cats are awesome. They don't need extra care like dogs.

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:13 AM
I used to splurge on shoes and handbags. Then when we were moving, I realized how many pairs of shoes that I had that I'd never worn or handbags that still had the tags on them -- embarrassing and unnecessary. So in the past few months, I haven't been splurging just saving. Now that we have a baby, I'm sure that we will be using our splurges on her.

You know if you need some extra space and need to give anyone those bags I'm always there for you. :D

Although, I may have to fight Thunder Dan.

marini martini
03-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Oh for fucks sake!!! I splurge on g-sons wardrobe!!! He is the best lookin' 22 m.o. pimp in Amerika!!!:tu

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Cats are awesome. They don't need extra care like dogs.

Yep sons. Just give it a box to shit in and scratch its head when it comes around tbh.

ploto
03-09-2010, 12:27 AM
I used to splurge on shoes and handbags. Then when we were moving, I realized how many pairs of shoes that I had that I'd never worn or handbags that still had the tags on them -- embarrassing and unnecessary.

Are you a 6 1/2 wide??

marini martini
03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Are you a 6 1/2 wide??

Shut up!!!!!:lmao

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Are you a 6 1/2 wide??

I'm pulling for a 7-7/12 on a bad day. lol. :)

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Oh for fucks sake!!! I splurge on g-sons wardrobe!!! He is the best lookin' 22 m.o. pimp in Amerika!!!:tu

Oh my gosh. Love the new avatar. It's freaking adorable!

marini martini
03-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Oh my gosh. Love the new avatar. It's freaking adorable!
Thanks Ash!!! ...............and yes he is!!!:tu

You thank if he marries Alexis, I will finally get a Spur?????????:toast:lol:lol:lol

admiralsnackbar
03-09-2010, 03:44 AM
same here. I'm a gearslut :toast

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/ :downspin:

My favorite recording chain is my Bees Neez modded Peluso 2247LE -> Atlas Pro Audio Juggernaut -> Buzz Audio Essence -> Lavry Blue Conversion. Due to finances, I've pretty much made it my only chain :lol

Snackbar will know what I'm talking about :toast

What do you like the Juggernaut on?

My current favorite is dropping a Royer 121 at the 12th fret of a dreadnought, running it through an Avalon 737 (I know, sue me) eq'd crispy, along with an Audix SCX-25 (my favorite 414-style mic, even if it isn't glamorous) off-axis on the sound-hole into the Chandler Germanium. Both go into the Fatso on light compression/saturation and voila: highs aren't squeaky, lows aren't woofy, takes EQ, and sits in the mix real nice.

But I hear ya, brother -- finances have made me sell off a lot of gear without enabling me to replace it. Never gonna part with the Chandler or my mic locker, though. :toast

J.T.
03-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Yep sons. Just give it a box to shit in and scratch its head when it comes around tbh.

Most people don't know you can train a cat to shit outside like a dog and never have to fuck with a litterbox, but they just buy a litterbox right out the gate and by then its already game over.

benefactor
03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Spurs tickets and trips to SA.

Tattoos(I currently have 8...and counting)

And these....

http://images.askmen.com/fashion/watch/seiko-arctura_1.jpg

I am currently rebuilding my collection, as my house was broken in to last year and my 4 watches were stolen(insurance gave me almost nothing for them). Two Arcturas, a Perpetual Calender and a black Chronograph. My wife replaced the Chronograph for Valentines Day.

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/645/649645_090821072431_Seiko_SNA765P2.JPG

DieMrBond
03-09-2010, 06:35 AM
When i was younger, in highschool, it was d&d and warhammer miniatures...

When i was a little bit older, it was music, concert tickets, nightclubs and computer stuff...

When i was a bit older still, it was music, dvds and computer stuff...

A few years ago it was stuff for the kids, and the occasional nerd shirt (i.e shirts with comics on them)

Now its ... well, probably junk food. When we do the shopping we will buy some icecream or something, and pig out... wow, hey big spender! And no, not a fatty-boomba... well, yet anyway :D

DieMrBond
03-09-2010, 06:35 AM
When i was younger, in highschool, it was d&d and warhammer miniatures...

When i was a little bit older, it was music, concert tickets, nightclubs and computer stuff...

When i was a bit older still, it was music, dvds and computer stuff...

A few years ago it was stuff for the kids, and the occasional nerd shirt (i.e shirts with comics on them)

Now its ... well, probably junk food. When we do the shopping we will buy some icecream or something, and pig out... wow, hey big spender! And no, not a fatty-boomba... well, yet anyway :D

SpursStalker
03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Books ...

I can go into Barnes and Noble and drop $75 bucks on books.

Even when I don't try

:D

Thunder Dan
03-09-2010, 09:16 AM
You know if you need some extra space and need to give anyone those bags I'm always there for you. :D

Although, I may have to fight Thunder Dan.

haha I'm not into handbags or women's shoes.

dirk4mvp
03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Most people don't know you can train a cat to shit outside like a dog and never have to fuck with a litterbox, but they just buy a litterbox right out the gate and by then its already game over.

My cat shits outside sometimes. Luckily it always goes in someone else's yard.

Soul_Patch
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Mine is definitely vacations...i love to go to new places...

Mark in Austin
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I do splurge often in terms of buying high quality and/or well made things, however, which is always more expensive. This is true for big purchases as well as smaller, more frequent purchases like groceries and clothes.

That pretty much sums me up. I generally have a certain price/quality ratio I'm willing to live with on most items, and I'll splurge a little here and there on the everyday stuff, but every now and then it is fun to get something really high quality.

Probably the most frequent item for a big splurge is really good restaurants that have brilliant service and food.

SpursWoman
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm pulling for a 7-7/12 on a bad day. lol. :)

Come on, 8 1/2-9! :lol

I spend too much on my hair and nails. :fro

coyotes_geek
03-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Vacations. I'll spend more to stay in a nicer hotel than I need to, eat at better restaurants than I need to, and spend more on activities than I need to. I'm pretty stingy on everything else, but I definitely loosen up the wallet for vacations.

benefactor
03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Vacations. I'll spend more to stay in a nicer hotel than I need to, eat at better restaurants than I need to, and spend more on activities than I need to. I'm pretty stingy on everything else, but I definitely loosen up the wallet for vacations.
Nothing wrong with that at all. When I was a kid we always stayed at cheap ass motels when we traveled. When I started traveling as an adult, I always looked for nicer hotels because if it.

I will still look for deals online, but I won't do anything less than a Holiday Inn.

Jimcs50
03-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Eating out. Do it a lot.

Cry Havoc
03-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Did thispego seriously ridicule me for my choice of avatar?

That fills me with lulz.

ploto
03-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I'll spend more to stay in a nicer hotel than I need to, eat at better restaurants than I need to, and spend more on activities than I need to.

I definitely can appreciate this from my few times staying at the Four Seasons in Houston for NBA games. I still recall the time I stayed there with my kid. We checked in and when we got to the room, they had left a carafe of milk chilling in a champagne bucket and a huge plate of amazing cookies just for him. No place feels the same after that.

ashbeeigh
03-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Come on, 8 1/2-9! :lol

I spend too much on my hair and nails. :fro

:lol I can actually fit into a kids 4 if it's the right brand.

chode_regulator
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
car audio shit and guitars

lately been on a bit of a gun kick, though not sure if buying 2 in a year is really a splurge or is average....

between those three things and gas all else comes in a distant second, third etc. including booze. I rarely buy anything other than busch light or evan williams whisky.
I bought a bottle of gentleman jack after xmas and felt guilty for spending so much

JudynTX
03-11-2010, 09:49 AM

This

baseline bum
03-11-2010, 09:55 AM
On vacations I like being as cheap as possible with the hotel, since the only time I'm going to be there, I'll either have my eyes closed or be in the shower. Then again, my favorite hotel is usually a tent or a bivy sack.

Höfner
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Hookers
Jose Cuervo
Hallucinogenics

I. Hustle
03-18-2010, 06:44 PM
I splurge on your mom's tits!

(had to get that joke in before I.Hustle!)

To this day I am upset that I didn't get to post this

jdev82
03-20-2010, 12:56 AM
pipes, good tobacco, books, movies(blockbuster has clearance sales because theyre broke), new clothes, newish clothes, good food, bitches

mffl89
03-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Food. Especially good steaks and seafood.
Why pay $8-$10 on something that tastes the same in every restaurant?
Pay more for some food that can't be eaten anywhere else.