PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like No LeBron Tonight...

VI_Massive
03-08-2010, 05:54 PM
from the Twitterverse:

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/10191772833

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Ya, they said they didn't think he would play tonight before the Bucks game..good news..

DMX7
03-08-2010, 05:57 PM
and we're still 8 point underdogs.

AFBlue
03-08-2010, 06:00 PM
and we're still 8 point underdogs.

:lol

I'll take that bet!

Btw, does this mean that there's no reason to start Bogans?!?! :p:

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Of course you start Bogans, he's the defensive centerpiece for the whole team!!..

So I get +180 on the Spurs tonight if I bet on them..I've never bet in favor of the Spurs, I usually bet against them if they're involved in my bet, because it would fucking suck if I lose my bet AND the Spurs lose the game..do I risk it for this game?..

I lost 50$ by betting on the Lakers yesterday, I could make it back in this game, a game the Spurs SHOULD win..I don't think I trust this version of the Spurs enough though..tough..

DesignatedT
03-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Of course you start Bogans, he's the defensive centerpiece for the whole team!!..

So I get +180 on the Spurs tonight if I bet on them..I've never bet in favor of the Spurs, I usually bet against them if they're involved in my bet, because it would fucking suck if I lose my bet AND the Spurs lose the game..do I risk it for this game?..

I lost 50$ by betting on the Lakers yesterday, I could make it back in this game, a game the Spurs SHOULD win..I don't think I trust the Spurs enough this season though..tough..

i usually stay away from the spurs myself, and would be very skeptical about betting them tonight also.

the o/u should go over imo though.

FalleNxWiZarDx
ill be happy with any team winning

good luck!

Muser
Spurs should win big.

Leftyventricle
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/03/08/lebron.out.ap/index.html

Cavaliers hold James out against Spurs

Posted Mar 8 2010 5:57PM
CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James will sit out his second consecutive game to rest a tender right ankle.

James rolled his ankle on Friday night against Detroit. He missed Saturday's game in Milwaukee and the Cavs have decided to keep him out of Monday's game against the San Antonio Spurs. The club is being extra cautious with their superstar and taking advantage of a break in the schedule.
After facing the Spurs, the Cavs will not play again until Friday.
Cavs coach Mike Brown said in addition to a tender ankle, James has some soreness in his back. However, it's nothing he couldn't play through, Brown said, and if this were the playoffs, James would be on the floor.

xellos88330
03-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I smell fear!!!

Obstructed_View
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
The over/under for Jawad Williams' scoring starts at 13 points.

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Another schedule break for the spurs. They played the Lakers without Gasol (won) then again without Bryant and Bynum and lost and now against Cleveland without LeBron. No gauge at all how good this team will be in the playoffs.

Don't get too excited if the spurs get the win, means nothing then another win against an undermanned team.

Id rather see the spurs in the lottery. They are not winning this year.

blkroadrunners
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I was kinda looking foward to seeing Lebron against the Spurs, but oh well.

DPG21920
There is something incredibly fishy with that line. Spurs at home, no Bron, - 8?

Either the world's worst trap or they are going to get severely punished for that. Teams almost always do well in their first game facing adversity.

e20dylan
Another schedule break for the spurs. They played the Lakers without Gasol (won) then again without Bryant and Bynum and lost and now against Cleveland without LeBron. No gauge at all how good this team will be in the playoffs.

Don't get too excited if the spurs get the win, means nothing then another win against an undermanned team.

Id rather see the spurs in the lottery. They are not winning this year.

why do you even bother to post worthless shit??

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
why do you even bother to post worthless shit??

Why is this worthless shit?

blkroadrunners
03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
The over/under for Jawad Williams' scoring starts at 13 points.

Under.

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
we've seen this kind of game before and ended up losing.

dont be surprised if we dont win easily or even lose.

DesignatedT
03-08-2010, 06:16 PM
There is something incredibly fishy with that line. Spurs at home, no Bron, - 8?

Either the world's worst trap or they are going to get severely punished for that. Teams almost always do well in their first game facing adversity.

spurs are on the road. but line still seems high

in2deep
03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Mo Williams to drop 35 in a Cavs win :(

Bukefal
03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I was kinda looking foward to seeing Lebron against the Spurs, but oh well.

me too. But, better for us. Hope we'll win it. :flag:

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Cleveland without James and the spurs without Parker.

Tough game to make a bet on with all the uncertainty with the major injuries.

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Cleveland without James and the spurs without Parker.

Tough game to make a bet on with all the uncertainty with the major injuries.

dont forget shaq's out too.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2010, 06:22 PM

The Cavs didn't.

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Shaqs been out for awhile now. The other changes are recent.

StoneBuddha
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Mike Brown sending the Spurs some love...

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
me too. But, better for us. Hope we'll win it. :flag:

A win means next to nothing other than a possible lower draft pick. The spurs are not winning a title this year.

alchemist
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I honestly think Mike Brown is throwing the Spurs a bone, good karma for him.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I agree about Mike Brown, but I figured they would rest The King anyways..I don't remember for sure, but he usually takes more than 1 game off when he has even minor injuries..it's a good idea, he carries them every night, he could use some rest..

AFBlue
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
A win means next to nothing other than a possible lower draft pick. The spurs are not winning a title this year.

First of all, you're utterly depressing and negative.

Second, a win or loss tonight isn't going to affect the long-term outcome of the Spurs' draft position this summer. They're firmly entrenched in the bottom third of the playoff seeds.

If you're going to hope for the Spurs to lose every game from here on out, why don't you jump off the bandwagon for good and stop posting.

duncan228
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
No LeBron vs. Spurs (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/03/no-lebron-vs-sp.html)
By Jeff McDonald

The night's most signficant game-time decision has come down. LeBron James will not play for Cleveland tonight against the Spurs.

With an eye toward keeping James fresh for the season's stretch run, Cleveland coach Mike Brown has opted to sit his team's best player for the second game in a row. Without James, the Cavs lost 92-85 at Milwaukee on Sunday.

"It was a great opportunity to rest a guy who has played a ton of minutes," Brown said.

After tonight, the Cavs don't play again until Friday against Philadelphia. Brown's decision to sit James again gives him a week off.

Obviously, James' absence greatly enhances the Spurs' chances of extending their winning streak to five games tonight. Over the past three seasons, Cleveland is 0-7 without James in the lineup.

DPG21920
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
The Cavs didn't.

I said almost always. Not to mention the Spurs need wins, the Cavs are pretty comfortable.

alchemist
03-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Second, a win or loss tonight isn't going to affect the long-term outcome of the Spurs' draft position this summer. They're firmly entrenched in the bottom third of the playoff seeds.

If you're going to hope for the Spurs to lose every game from here on out, why don't you jump off the bandwagon for good and stop posting.
excellent post :toast

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:38 PM

I am all for putting a team together for next year to make a legitimate run for a title. Getting stronger front court players is a neccessity. And getting the best draft pick will work towardds that and thats a positive.

A couple wins difference can make or break the draft because so many teams are bunched up. I am already looking forward to next year because the spurs roster as it now is not going to get past the top teams this year.

It is not happening this year with a weak frontline and thats reality.

If you want to bury your head in the sand and get excited over wins against undermanned teams go right ahead. But its not going to make any difference when the spurs won't get out of the early rounds.

Brazil
03-08-2010, 06:39 PM

yeah u're right this is why Pop considers Bogans the centerpiece of the spurs it's for giving a chance to the other teams.

rascal
03-08-2010, 06:39 PM
excellent post :toast

Terrible post.

#2!
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I honestly think Mike Brown is throwing the Spurs a bone, good karma for him.

As weird as it may seem for an NBA coach to do, I think he might be more inclined to rest Bron with tony out for the Spurs. It reminds me of the preseason game when Pop allowed his assistants to run the game, and Mike Brown made a gametime decision to do the same.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
We can't blow this chance. If we lose today I will be even more upset than when we lost to the Lakers without Kobe.