PDA

View Full Version : Manu is definitely BACK!

FalleNxWiZarDx
03-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Great games guys.......

Manu is hella good still.... if only TP can return to last years form, and Hill can still continue to improve (all-star?)

ezau
03-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks. The only thing that is slowing this team are TP's injuries and the sucky bench play. Cavs are one hell of a team even without Lebron.

Charles Sappa
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Parker's injury hurts. :depressed

I hope the team finished fifth at least. That will ensure a favorable crossing

A healthy Manu's warranty show every night

Go Spurs

smeagol
03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
It means shit when RJ, mason, Dice, etc don't show up . . .

Truckules
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
He never left.

Libri
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Great game by Manu.

:(

Sean Cagney
03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Parker's injury hurts. :depressed

I hope the team finished fifth at least. That will ensure a favorable crossing

A healthy Manu's warranty show every night

Go Spurs

We must finish 5th to have a shot at the first round! I am hoping for it.

mexicanjunior
03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Manu wasted a great game...probably for the best though.

DubMcDub
03-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks. The only thing that is slowing this team are TP's injuries and the sucky bench play. Cavs are one hell of a team even without Lebron.

You know the Cavs have lost the last 10 times Lebron didn't play, right?

Sean Cagney
03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
You know the Cavs have lost the last 10 times Lebron didn't play, right?

Of course that would end against this team, all streaks end against this f in team this year :lol:depressed

I hate this season man, I seriously hate it.

Manu-of-steel
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
We know he's back, he's been playing good since January. But i'm not very optimistic on our chances, with the rush of injuries and the garbage plays of some spurs.

Ice009
03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Of course that would end against this team, all streaks end against this f in team this year :lol:depressed

We also just gave Cleveland their 50th win. First team to 50 wins this season. They are already there and we a looking to get where they are at the end of the season with 50 plus wins ;).

Budkin
03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
We were just starting to play good ball too... but what do you expect from this season?

Allanon
03-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Manu had a great game tonight.

mogrovejo
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945394&postcount=80

I don't think Ginobili is done. He's going to the line at his normal rate, his offensive rebounding rate is above his career level, his 3pt shooting efficiency is also good. Those are the best indicators of athleticism. If he stays healthy he'll get the rest of his game (the passing, the midrange shot, finishing at the rim) back. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148406)

Nothing to see here.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
It's evolution over revolution with Manu. He's not the 2005 force of nature that he used to be. He's something different now.

But yes, even a dirty mookie crew member will S a little manu D and admit he's been playing damn well.

DubMcDub
03-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Chin up, man. Spurs could make a little noise yet.

spurs10
03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Manu played so much better than anyone on our team, it was hard to believe. Probably not a great idea not offering him an extension. At least Hill showed up. Too bad Manu got no help anywhere else....one of many losses this year that shouldn't have happened. Wonder if Manu is going to want to stay in S.A., even with a decent offer?

Charles Sappa
03-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Maybe finish fifth is not a bad deal.

First round against Utah or Portland (The Spurs won the Series in 6 games)

A second round vs. Phoenix (Our Children):lol

Final vs Lakers (To win we have Parker, Manu and Tim at 100%)

:lobt2::toast

DubMcDub
03-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe finish fifth is not a bad deal.

First round against Utah or Portland (The Spurs won the Series in 6 games)

A second round vs. Phoenix (Our Children):lol

Final vs Lakers (To win we have Parker, Manu and Tim at 100%)

:lobt2::toast

Unless you are saying that the Mavs get the #1 seed, then you would be playing the Lakers in the second round, not the conference finals.

kuato
03-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Any vids of the game ?

Charles Sappa
03-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Unless you are saying that the Mavs get the #1 seed, then you would be playing the Lakers in the second round, not the conference finals.

Dallas lost the first round against Phoenix or Oklahoma.

I know you're a fan of Dallas, but you must admit that they let a unique opportunity against Miami. Dallas does not have the mystique of the Champion. Or as they say in my country "The fate of the Champion"

DubMcDub
03-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Dallas lost the first round against Phoenix or Oklahoma.

I know you're a fan of Dallas, but you must admit that they let a unique opportunity against Miami. Dallas does not have the mystique of the Champion. Or as they say in my country "The fate of the Champion"

I don't think you're understanding me, but that's fine.

Charles Sappa
03-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't think you're understanding me, but that's fine.

You are right it was a miscalculation. I do not think Lakers lost the first position, are the most dominant team, Kobe is unstoppable this year. It hurts to say

I am wrong but Dallas lost in first round his last 2 series right? What you think will happen this year?

Sorry for my poor English, I speak better than write. :bang

DAF86
03-09-2010, 12:04 PM
He's not the 2005 force of nature that he used to be.

Agreed.

rascal
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM
It's evolution over revolution with Manu. He's not the 2005 force of nature that he used to be. He's something different now.

But yes, even a dirty mookie crew member will S a little manu D and admit he's been playing damn well.

Still has those 1-8 shooting nights like a few games back.

smeagol
03-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Therefore, he should be traded . . .

DAF86
03-09-2010, 03:57 PM

If only he was a volume shooter, so instead of going 1 from 8 he could go 10 from 30 and don't suck so bad.

rascal
03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
If only he was a volume shooter, so instead of going 1 from 8 he could go 10 from 30 and don't suck so bad.

10 for 30 is 33% much better than 1-8

Manu is not an all star type of player which goes against our Argentinian CoM followers but more of an inconsistent player capable of big games and then stinkers and it evens out to less than all star numbers in the end. Thats why he has not been invited back to an all star game.

smeagol
03-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Manu is not an all star type of player which goes against our Argentinian CoM followers but more of an inconsistent player capable of big games and then stinkers and it evens out to less than all star numbers in the end. Thats why he has not been invited back to an all star game.

And that one invitation was a fluke . . . (you forgot to say that, Mr Manu Hater)

Manu-of-steel
03-09-2010, 10:08 PM

I'm a Manu/ Spurs fan, and I'm a Filipino, not Argentinian. You are entitled to state your opinion, but unfortunately, what you only see are the bad things.

Charles Sappa
03-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Who cares The All-star game. It is pure Marketing
Ask for Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Dominique Wilkins, Patrick Ewing, etc.. Historical Players, elected several times to All-Star Game. They would change the all-star game for one NBA ring.

What is remembered in this world ruled by the results, are the NBA title. Manu always grew up their statistics in the Playoffs. In 2005, he was my MVP for the final. Remember the last minutes of Game 7.

rascal
03-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Who cares The All-star game. It is pure Marketing
Ask for Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Dominique Wilkins, Patrick Ewing, etc.. Historical Players, elected several times to All-Star Game. They would change the all-star game for one NBA ring.

What is remembered in this world ruled by the results, are the NBA title. Manu always grew up their statistics in the Playoffs. In 2005, he was my MVP for the final. Remember the last minutes of Game 7.

NBA titles are team accomplishments, All Star game appearances are individule honors.

timtonymanu
03-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Great to see Manu playing well again.

Unfortunately this season is just like last season except the Spurs are much more talented but much more worse.

Tim was the first half player the last two seasons.

Tony and Manu have switched roles.

Tony was the second half player in 09. Manu was injured alot.

Manu is the second half player in 10. Tony is injured alot.

Shastafarian
03-10-2010, 06:13 AM

He's been absolutely terrible with all those "stinkers" lately!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9427/manustats.png (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/manustats.png/)

Manu is not the problem with this team. Not sure why people continue to argue about how good/effective he is.

Manu-of-steel
03-10-2010, 09:06 AM

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9427/manustats.png (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/manustats.png/)

Manu is not the problem with this team. Not sure why people continue to argue about how good/effective he is.

The problem are the people who only see what they wanna see. Fortunately, majority of spurs fans here know that Manu has been a great help to the spurs.

manubili
03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Just imagine what the cavs game would have been WITHOUT Manu GInobili.

it's me
03-10-2010, 09:35 AM

I don’t know, we would have lost maybe……………. wait a minute.

rascal
03-10-2010, 09:43 AM

They may have won if they had Haywood and Butler instead. No one knows for sure but we do know we lost with Manu playing well.

You can't subtract Manu without considering what you may add.

rascal
03-10-2010, 09:46 AM
The stats listed above shows Manu as inconsistent from game to game but improving his shooting % from month to month. This months numbers don't have enough data yet to draw a conclusion but it appears his shooting has been improving.

DAF86
03-10-2010, 12:19 PM

Yeah, 'cause if Manu would have taken 32 shots on that game he would have made only 4, we all know that's how it works. :rolleyes

Every sinlge player has bad shooting nights from time to time, the difference is that some (number one options on offense) take more shots and have chances to improve their shooting performance as the game goes on. For example, not to long ago Kobe went 0 for 5 in the first quarter in a game against the Mavs, according to your logic he should have gone 0 for 20 in the game, well that didn't happen, he went 9 for 23

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=300224006

Every player would improve a bad shooting performance if he has the chance to take a lot of shots.

OldSilentHill
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM

OMG, he is having a .975 % of FT in the last 11 games :wow

rascal
03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, 'cause if Manu would have taken 32 shots on that game he would have made only 4, we all know that's how it works. :rolleyes

Every sinlge player has bad shooting nights from time to time, the difference is that some (number one options on offense) take more shots and have chances to improve their shooting performance as the game goes on. For example, not to long ago Kobe went 0 for 5 in the first quarter in a game against the Mavs, according to your logic he should have gone 0 for 20 in the game, well that didn't happen, he went 9 for 23

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=300224006

Every player would improve a bad shooting performance if he has the chance to take a lot of shots.

You are assuming shots will be made if more shots are taken, can't do that, a 1-8 shooting night is a poor shooting night.

A lot of shots does not necessarily mean someone will not have a bad shooting night.

DAF86
03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
You are assuming shots will be made if more shots are taken, can't do that, a 1-8 shooting night is a poor shooting night.

A lot of shots does not necessarily mean someone will not have a bad shooting night.

If you take more shots is more probable that your shooting % estibalizes. If you start slowly it will probably rise, if you start red hot, it will probably decline.

rascal
03-10-2010, 05:49 PM
If you take more shots is more probable that your shooting % estibalizes. If you start slowly it will probably rise, if you start red hot, it will probably decline.

In theroy but not in reality. Single game events are too small of a sample size and players have good and bad games.