PDA

View Full Version : This loss in mainly on Duncan

polandprzem
03-08-2010, 09:35 PM
When he came back in the 4th Cleveland made a run.

he did not protected rebounds and he made bad passess (turnovers)

So for once i can say it's his fault

timtonymanu
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
let's just say everyone but manu bonner and hill were the problem tonight.

Budkin
03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Timmy was terrible... his game has really gone down the shitter this season.

SinBAD
03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
duncan was horrible today.he should have had at least 30 with hickson guarding him.he was very passive.have no idea why.mason couldnt make a single open 3 pathetic too.

honestfool84
03-08-2010, 09:38 PM

:lol i really hope you're being sarcastic.

Brazil

this

BTW props to Matt we are very harsh with him since years but at least he is trying

BadOne
I make no excuses for TD's stupid pass, but why on earth did Pop pull Manu when they had an insignificant lead? The guy has lost it!!! :bang

honestfool84
yes, he had an off game.. but he's had a great season overall.

HarlemHeat37
Duncan didn't play well, but he wasn't even close to the top of the list..

He should have been more aggressive and his rebounding was poor(due to lack of effort..he wasn't even trying to move for some of them, it was annoying to watch)..

#1. Mason..
#2. Jefferson..
#3. McDyess..
#4. Bogans..

ShoogarBear
03-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I make no excuses for TD's stupid pass, but why on earth did Pop pull Manu when they had an insignificant lead? The guy has lost it!!! :bang

Manu ended up playing 36 minutes, which is really about where he should max out.

The fact that no one except Bonner and Hill had a minimal amount of sack tonight isn't Pop's fault, for once.

ElNono

He should have been more aggressive and his rebounding was poor(due to lack of effort..he wasn't even trying to move for some of them, it was annoying to watch)..

#1. Mason..
#2. Jefferson..
#3. McDyess..
#4. Bogans..

#5. Blair

boutons_deux
Spurs went really cold esp in 4th qtr, shooting over near 50% in the first half, then ended 41%.

DesignatedT
duncan played terrible, but this was the first game ive seen all season where he got doubled on every single touch. our shooters had to show up. and mason fucked that up.

pop drew up a perfect play at the end and showed confidence in roger and roger still choked. 0/8 from 3 is pathetic... especially after bitching about minutes. he didnt do 1 thing right out there for 26 minutes

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
duncan didnt play well, but he was playin against shit cunts, he shouldve dominated this game

fkn pathetic on his part also...

NRHector
03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
this

BTW props to Matt we are very harsh with him since years but at least he is trying:toast

concken
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
he made one bad pass

ShoogarBear
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't mind Duncan playing badly, it's the giving of a half-assed effort like tonight.

Yeah, he was getting doubled, and Varejao is a quality defender , but these were not guys who should be shutting down Tim Duncan.

That intercepted pass was just the final indication of the effort level.

ShoogarBear
I don't mind Duncan playing badly, it's the giving of a half-assed effort like tonight.

Yeah, he was getting doubled, and Varejao is a quality defender , but these were not guys who should be making Tim Duncan disappear.

That intercepted pass was just the final indication of the effort level.

gospursgojas
Tim Duncan,

WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Manu wants to win and is gonna do something about it.

Can't say the same about you when it comes to the 2nd pard of that statement.

Love,
Me

concken

this guy is probably "unregs" 17 yr old brother

HarlemHeat37
To be fair, he was 6-12 from the field..he probably could have shot more often, but he was being double a lot and set up the shooters..the problem I had was his rebounding..he choked at the end too, but the game shouldn't have been that close..

sandman
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM

#1. Mason..
#2. Jefferson..
#3. McDyess..
#4. Bogans..

Yeah, I am not sure how Tim not playing at the top of his game translates to being worse than a combined 2-15 and 0-12 from behind the arc from three "perimeter" players. Hell, Manu had more steals, more offensive rebounds and almost as many assists as the three of them combined.

polandprzem
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Tim will get rest as a reward

sandman
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Is this an appropriate place to drop the "If we hadn't of traded away Scola for a bag of magic beans, we would have won this game going away" comment?

ElNono
I thought Tim wasn't that bad... he passed the ball out when he was doubled... nobody could buy a bucket though

nkdlunch
it was 3 on 9 out there.

DesignatedT
mason shouldnt play another minute all year after this performance.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Is this an appropriate place to drop the "If we hadn't of traded away Scola for a bag of magic beans, we would have won this game going away" comment?

Yes, more salt please.

Manu-of-steel
03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Tim played a passive game. He was not that assertive. But this loss is not MAINLY on him. Bogans, Dice, the effin RMJ. Bonner had a nice game, he did his part.

romsho
03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
No, it's not. Mason, McDyess and Jefferson were the difference between a double digit win and a loss. It was sizzling hot garbage. They could have shot twenty percent combined and that would have got it done...it's an unbelievable level of suck those three reached tonight.

wildbill2u
03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
A couple of times Tim didn't box out and let a damn guard like West flash by him for a rebound and put back. couple of lazy passes, not just the one to Manu in the corner. playing. He played OK on offense but seemed not focused. May have given up for season.

Old School 44
03-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Middle of the fourth, Manu hits a three. Spurs up by 5. Cavs call timeout.
Return from the timeout Manu's on the bench??? Probably less than 2 minutes pass, game tied.

I understand a guy has to rest, but to pull the guy who the entire offense is going through right after he just hit a three. Pop that's "Manu Ginobili", let him play.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
i think pop should also get the blame in this game also...

he should just resigned imo....

Creation88
03-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Tim has earned a night off with 4 trophies. Mason and Bonner and Jefferson are sacks of shit.

kobyz
03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Duncan need to rest until next season, maybe it will save him little of his future

hommeaetage
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, I'm so used to those losses now this season that I can't possibly be more pissed than that

sandman
03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes, more salt please.

It was sarcasm, really. Figured I would steal the thunder from those who really mean it.

TD 21
03-08-2010, 10:17 PM

#1. Mason..
#2. Jefferson..
#3. McDyess..
#4. Bogans..

I'm flat out confused at this point. Is he just lazy (which I find hard to believe, considering the urgency of the situation and even in their diminished state, the quality of the opposition) or does he just lack the strength to dominate in the post the way he once did when he was a younger, quicker 248, or when he was a stronger, bulkier 255-260? He's down to 240 and even though he's longer than a number of his counterparts, he rarely get's deep position on them.

I'm not making an excuse for him, because I already thoroughly ripped him in another thread, but you look at say, Hickson, who's 242, but only about 6-8 (listed at 6-9) and Duncan was content to attempt to basically out lengthen him, by shooting one handed fallaway's over the top.

He can't be pacing himself because deep down, you know he knows that this team isn't going anywhere and the laziness bit I don't buy (he's too much of a competitor), so if it's not the lack of strength, then I don't know what it is. Even if it is that, he's got to be more assertive. He should have slapped a 27/14/3 on the Cavs tonight. Instead, he couldn't even reach half of those totals.

Spurminator
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Too may missed opportunities at the rim. Missed tip-ins, traveling calls... Disappointing.

jdev82
03-08-2010, 10:32 PM

#1. Mason..
#2. Jefferson..
#3. McDyess..
#4. Bogans..

#1. Joey Crawford
#2. Pop
#3. Mason
#4. Jefferson

boutons_deux
03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
You have to wonder about Tim when he has a game like this, no energy, no interest, lackadaisical, shuffling around, a bemused WGAF? face.

With Tony down, has he simply given up on the season?

He can still take that $250K to the bank tomorrow, no matter how little effort and leadership his brings.

In Tony's absence, he certainly wasn't one to step up, and give Manu some help.

duncan228
03-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Several weeks ago Duncan had a slump, we found out after that his knees were bothering him during that stretch . My first thought when he has an off game is his health, not his heart.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm flat out confused at this point. Is he just lazy (which I find hard to believe, considering the urgency of the situation and even in their diminished state, the quality of the opposition) or does he just lack the strength to dominate in the post the way he once did when he was a younger, quicker 248, or when he was a stronger, bulkier 255-260? He's down to 240 and even though he's longer than a number of his counterparts, he rarely get's deep position on them.

I'm not making an excuse for him, because I already thoroughly ripped him in another thread, but you look at say, Hickson, who's 242, but only about 6-8 (listed at 6-9) and Duncan was content to attempt to basically out lengthen him, by shooting one handed fallaway's over the top.

He can't be pacing himself because deep down, you know he knows that this team isn't going anywhere and the laziness bit I don't buy (he's too much of a competitor), so if it's not the lack of strength, then I don't know what it is. Even if it is that, he's got to be more assertive. He should have slapped a 27/14/3 on the Cavs tonight. Instead, he couldn't even reach half of those totals.

I don't think it's the size TBH..in the 1st half of the season, he was using an array of moves, mostly face-up but some post too, and he was doing them all fluidly and with a lot of success..

I think that he's wearing down, but I don't think it's the same as last year..it is disheartening that the FO didn't help him inside the paint though, he's still battling all by himself in there..

His shot selection has been terrible as of late, that's for sure..

I usually wait until the playoffs to judge Timmy..we'll see what he does down the stretch this season..

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 10:55 PM
today he struggled against dleague roster, fkn lame

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
He should have played better, but Hickson and Varejao aren't exactly "D-league" players..

TD 21
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Several weeks ago Duncan had a slump, we found out after that his knees were bothering him during that stretch . My first thought when he has an off game is his health, not his heart.

This isn't an off game, this is now an ongoing trend. I thought it was him pacing himself against lesser teams/the fact that the Spurs played/traveled a lot in a short period of time, plus the fact that finally others were starting to step up. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and understood why he'd do that, realizing it also had to be partially out of necessity so that he doesn't wear himself down.

But look at this situation tonight: Parker done for probably the remainder of the regular season, on the road, playing the best team in the league, they have no one capable of guarding him if he asserts himself and he goes meekly into the night? Something's wrong. The Duncan I know, in this situation, would have dominated this game. He proved earlier in the season that he can still do that more than once in a blue moon. When's the last time he dominated a game, though? Maybe he just doesn't have the legs for it past the All-Star break or so anymore, I don't know, but something is not right. Like you, I tend to believe it's not a question of heart. He's too competitive a guy and seemingly always steps up when he needs to. That he didn't in this situation is alarming.

I don't think it's the size TBH..in the 1st half of the season, he was using an array of moves, mostly face-up but some post too, and he was doing them all fluidly and with a lot of success..

I think that he's wearing down, but I don't think it's the same as last year..it is disheartening that the FO didn't help him inside the paint though, he's still battling all by himself in there..

His shot selection has been terrible as of late, that's for sure..

I usually wait until the playoffs to judge Timmy..we'll see what he does down the stretch this season..

I agree. At this point in his career, he has to be strictly a center because he doesn't have the mobility to guard power forwards. However, he's not a true center. What that means is that he needs a center-sized big (Splitter is probably the most realistic, best option attainable) to guard mobile power forwards and help him defend the rim. Having another immobile, old big next to him, who can't defend the rim is not the answer.

The Spurs are always concerned with having a big who can shoot next to him, but that should no longer be their primary concern. He need another legit big next to him, not some 6-9 old guy who's limited or some one dimensional, un-athletic 6-9 guy.

TD 21
03-08-2010, 11:09 PM
He should have played better, but Hickson and Varejao aren't exactly "D-league" players..

No, but Hickson was the primary Duncan defender and Duncan has him by about 3 inches. Not to mention, Hickson is not exactly known as Thomas (Kurt) in defending the post. Duncan should have dominated him. Varejao is an All-NBA caliber defender, but I wouldn't call post defense his forte. He's better on pick-and-rolls, moving his feet, staying in front of guards, pestering opposing bigs,etc. He lacks the strength to be a truly outstanding post defender, so again, Duncan should have, at minimum, had his way with him.

What bothered me most was the lack of aggression and assertiveness. They doubled early, but not so much late and instead of punishing them he was content to let Ginobili run himself ragged and function primarily as a ball reverser at the top. That's not good enough.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 11:12 PM
even if they double tim in the low post, why didnt he come out further to his sweet spot and go for the bankshot where maybe one defender would fall off on him....prefer his bankshot over any other clowns on the court missing their shots on given opportunities

duncan228
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
...but something is not right. Like you, I tend to believe it's not a question of heart. He's too competitive a guy and seemingly always steps up when he needs to. That he didn't in this situation is alarming.

Which is why I wonder about his health, specifically his knees. Duncan, and the Spurs, keep things close. We may not know until he feels better, like the last slump, or until he doesn't and we're told he's hurt.

ploto
03-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Duncan is worn out in March- knees or not. He got no help up front this year, yet again.

TD 21
03-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Which is why I wonder about his health, specifically his knees. Duncan, and the Spurs, keep things close. We may not know until he feels better, like the last slump, or until he doesn't and we're told he's hurt.

It pains me to say it, but if his knees are that bad bad, to where he can't even log 32 mpg with the occasional game off and last more than just over half a season, then maybe he should think about retiring. I know he's owed a lot of money for two more years and he's still one of the best players in the league, but honestly, this organization has taken every precaution they can with him and it doesn't appear to be helping much.

The only other thing they can do is bring in a legit big next to him to allow him to settle into a Robinson-esque role defensively. But that's not happening. Splitter can't be the anchor of a defense and there's probably no one the Spurs can realistically acquire that can be. Camby is old, injury prone and determined to stay with whatever teams he's on at the moment (he get's attached easily), but he'd probably be the Spurs best bet in this area. Short of that, he's going to continue to be this teams anchor defensively, asked to cover oodles of ground and it's going to continue to take it's toll.

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2010, 11:27 PM

Yep!!!

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2010, 11:31 PM
It pains me to say it, but if his knees are that bad bad, to where he can't even log 32 mpg with the occasional game off and last more than just over half a season, then maybe he should think about retiring. I know he's owed a lot of money for two more years and he's still one of the best players in the league, but honestly, this organization has taken every precaution they can with him and it doesn't appear to be helping much.

The only other thing they can do is bring in a legit big next to him to allow him to settle into a Robinson-esque role defensively. But that's not happening. Splitter can't be the anchor of a defense and there's probably no one the Spurs can realistically acquire that can be. Camby is old, injury prone and determined to stay with whatever teams he's on at the moment (he get's attached easily), but he'd probably be the Spurs best bet in this area. Short of that, he's going to continue to be this teams anchor defensively, asked to cover oodles of ground and it's going to continue to take it's toll.

I don't think it's that far though..

If Duncan had even A LITTLE help inside, his body would last a lot longer..it's actually ridiculous to ask a 34-year old with knee problems and tons of mileage to anchor the D all by himself, rebound all by himself AND play interior basketball all by himself..

His knees would be a lot better off and hold up longer if he had somebody to give him some minutes off..I'm not a big, so I can't comment on how it is to play that type of role in competitive, organized basketball(let alone at the highest level), but I imagine having somebody to help take off the wear and tear would help..

It also hurts that he's had to take a much bigger role than he was supposed to..ideally, Duncan was supposed to be the #2 option this season, and even occasionally the #3 or #4..unfortunately with Tony's injuries, Manu's slow start and RJ being neutered, he's had to take on a much bigger role than he's supposed to..

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
mason shouldnt play another minute all year after this performance.

Says a lot when nobody would take Mason off our hands when Pop & RC were willing to just give the bum away for next to nothing.

TD 21
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't think it's that far though..

If Duncan had even A LITTLE help inside, his body would last a lot longer..it's actually ridiculous to ask a 34-year old with knee problems and tons of mileage to anchor the D all by himself, rebound all by himself AND play interior basketball all by himself..

His knees would be a lot better off and hold up longer if he had somebody to give him some minutes off..I'm not a big, so I can't comment on how it is to play that type of role in competitive, organized basketball(let alone at the highest level), but I imagine having somebody to help take off the wear and tear would help..

It also hurts that he's had to take a much bigger role than he was supposed to..ideally, Duncan was supposed to be the #2 option this season, and even occasionally the #3 or #4..unfortunately with Tony's injuries, Manu's slow start and RJ being neutered, he's had to take on a much bigger role than he's supposed to..

But it's tough, because he's not quite strong enough to be a true center, but he's no longer anywhere near mobile enough to be a power forward, which means he has to guard centers and play primarily in the shadow of the basket, so even if he has a Camby next to him, more often than not he'd end up as the last line of defense. Where this type of big we're describing could help him is on pick-and-rolls. Teams force him to come out from the paint, move his feet AND recover and he just doesn't have the mobility for that anymore.

This organization took his greatness for granted for too long and because they knew (after '00) that there was no threat of him leaving, they continued to surround him with shit. Up until '08, he was great enough to somehow make it all work, so they thought they could continue to get away with that, as if he wasn't human and wasn't going to age. Only he did and his knees were worse than he previously let on and now he's so hobbled that he can barely move out there and he's got a 6-9, fellow old big with knee problems, who can't block shots, as his primary partner. And why? Because he can make 15-18 footers. That's all that matters to this organization. It's funny, I seem to remember Mohammed and Oberto, two non shooting bigs, being solid partners for Duncan. All of a sudden there's this idea that he has to have a shooting big next to him to stretch the floor. In case the front office hasn't noticed, he's rarely doubled anymore, so he generally has enough space to operate.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Agreed. He just gave a lot of points away with lazy defense.

duncan228
03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
...and his knees were worse than he previously let on...

Just to this point: The info on his knees was pretty clear when the tendonosis was diagnosed last February. It's degenerative. It's not going to get better, and it was going to be a matter of severity on any given night.

We may not be told day-to-day how he feels, but we were told how the tendonosis could effect him this season. Add his chronic left knee, the one he has braced, to the mix and it's no surprise that his game can be impacted.

TD 21
03-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Just to this point: The info on his knees was pretty clear when the tendonosis was diagnosed last February. It's degenerative. It's not going to get better, and it was going to be a matter of severity on any given night.

We may not be told day-to-day how he feels, but we were told how the tendonosis could effect him this season. Add his chronic left knee, the one he has braced, to the mix and it's no surprise that his game can be impacted.

You took what I said out of context. I wasn't referencing this year, but rather his supposed knee soreness that he's had for years. Pop said it a year-year and a half ago, something to the effect of (to paraphrase): "Timmy plays with a lot more pain in his knees than people know". We know he doesn't like to whine about injuries and I sense that he kept it under wraps for a long time and that contributed to the organization surrounding him with worse and worse bigs because he continued to single-handedly hold down the paint effectively until '08.

duncan228
03-09-2010, 12:54 AM
You took what I said out of context. I wasn't referencing this year, but rather his supposed knee soreness that he's had for years. Pop said it a year-year and a half ago, something to the effect of (to paraphrase): "Timmy plays with a lot more pain in his knees than people know". We know he doesn't like to whine about injuries and I sense that he kept it under wraps for a long time and that contributed to the organization surrounding him with worse and worse bigs because he continued to single-handedly hold down the paint effectively until '08.

I did, I read it as just the tendonosis. Sorry. :)

Duncan may have under-played the trouble with his left knee. We heard a few things over the years, stiffness, that it didn't straighten completely, but nothing that alerted me to how really bad it was. We'll never know what he did or did not tell the team, but he does hate to use injury as an excuse.

If he contributed in anyway to the state of this team I assume he knows it. And imo it hits him the hardest. It's his window that's closing fast. I think his season has been okay overall, I hope he can maintain the level next year. Maybe we'll see some changes in the cast.

Cane
03-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Duncan had some bad mental lapses. Physically he seems fine - otherwise I don't think he'd be running around and dunking like he did this game. Unfortunately he made a pretty boneheaded pass in the closing moments of the 4th that costed the Spurs a clutch possession; however he only had two turnovers.

His impact on the statsheet does seem lackluster when it comes to points (13 on 50%) and rebounds (5, 4 Offensive). However when he was on the court the offense seemed to find its way to Manu since he had a hot hand and I think his rebound total reflects the amount of jumpshots that were being attempted by the Spurs. He did get 5 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks to round out the statsheet though (also only two fouls).

Hopefully Manu's vintage play will further motivate Duncan. He didn't exploit his physical advantages like you think he would but then again he was also sharing the court with a red hot Ginobili and trying to dish out to other guys that were open due to drawing double-teams.

Maybe Duncan just doesn't like to play hard when Joey Crawford is around? ;)

TD 21
03-09-2010, 01:18 AM
I did, I read it as just the tendonosis. Sorry. :)

Duncan may have under-played the trouble with his left knee. We heard a few things over the years, stiffness, that it didn't straighten completely, but nothing that alerted me to how really bad it was. We'll never know what he did or did not tell the team, but he does hate to use injury as an excuse.

If he contributed in anyway to the state of this team I assume he knows it. And imo it hits him the hardest. It's his window that's closing fast. I think his season has been okay overall, I hope he can maintain the level next year. Maybe we'll see some changes in the cast.

No problem.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Duncan for the state of this team. His only crimes were being so great that he could be surrounded with virtually anyone who was even close to being half decent and make them look like a championship caliber player and the fact that he's a nice, humble guy and he probably didn't put a ton of pressure on the front office over the years to surround him with better talent. Because they were cheap anyway and continuously won, they took him for granted. It's the front offices' fault that this team is in the state they're in; Duncan is the last guy who deserves blame.

Okay overall? For a 33-year old with two bad knees, the mileage he has on his body and the lack of help he has in the paint, his season has been nothing short of incredible overall. If you compare it to his peak or, say, James' current level of play, then of course he falls well short, but I don't make such comparisons (other than my just doing so, which was merely to cite an example). Look at PER (he's third-fifth, depending on the day). Here he is, up there with (and in many cases, ahead of) all of these guys who are in their athletic prime.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2010, 02:14 AM

With all due respect, his knees don't keep him from putting up his hands when someone goes into the paint.

oski1000
03-09-2010, 09:04 AM
TRADE TD!!!:depressed

ElNono
03-09-2010, 10:22 AM

This was well known since last season. I would even go as far as quoting Marcus Bryant when the season ended last year that it was the big elephant in the room. As much as Pop curtailed Tim's minutes, playing small and having nobody to help him out there really puts a bigger strain on Tim and his knees.

Some people here expect Tim to snatch 25 boards a game, and all I have to tell them is that they're really delusional. He needs help, and it wasn't given to him all season long.

Muser
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
He played lazy, but hell if i'm gonna rag on Duncan for one lazy game when Some key players have been like it all season.

in2deep
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I blame Pop. Duncan never got in rhythm because of Pop's dumb shit rotations

greyforest
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Mason led the spurs +/- with +5
lol

rjv
03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
i'm still waiting for the mcdyess second half of the season explosion to occur.

dbreiden83080
03-09-2010, 02:06 PM

LMAO What??

We'd be like 20 under .500 without him..

polandprzem
03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Tim was supposed to be 'longliver' in NBA as his game was not based on dynamic and athleticism.

Look where Hakeem or KAJ was at his age :(

NRHector
03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Tim deserves to have a lazy night, he's been playing hard all season long

dbreiden83080
03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Tim was supposed to be 'longliver' in NBA as his game was not based on dynamic and athleticism.

Look where Hakeem or KAJ was at his age :(

At ages 33 and 34 those were actually Hakeems last 2 big years in the NBA, He went way downhill fast after that..

Tim is still giving them 19 and 11 on 51% shooting and if he took more shots he'd be well up over 20 a game..

EVAY
03-09-2010, 02:56 PM

You know, where I worked, I didn't get to take time off because I 'had been working hard all year'. Why does Tim?

EVAY
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM

Is this sarcasm?

EVAY
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
tim deserves to have a lazy night, he's been playing hard all season long

the dude makes $20 million for 82 games a year!!!!!

NRHector
03-09-2010, 03:06 PM
You know, where I worked, I didn't get to take time off because I 'had been working hard all year'. Why does Tim?do you run with bad knees, jump and get beat up?

NRHector
03-09-2010, 03:07 PM
and how many years he's been doing that?

EVAY
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
and how many years he's been doing that?

obviously too many to still be paid that much!!!

NRHector
03-09-2010, 03:12 PM
obviously too many to still be paid that much!!!and yet he still plays better than some of this young players

spurtilldeath
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Do you have a quote for this? I don't remember hearing this anywhere. Thanks.

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Duncan is still playing extremely well considering his age, mileage and responsibility..

Hakeem didn't reach Duncan's current amount of mileage until he was about 36 or 37, and he was pretty much done as a star player by that time, so that's not really comparable..

Kareem was pretty much what Duncan is now, probably slightly better(he's a top 3 player of all-time though, so), but he had Magic Johnson as the guy on his team..

duncan228
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Do you have a quote for this? I don't remember hearing this anywhere. Thanks.

It was one of his All-Star game interviews. I'm pretty sure it's this one. If he doesn't say it in this one the links for the rest of his All-Star interviews are on pages 5, 6, and 7 in the Duncan Forum.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100212_duncan.html

If my memory is wrong and it's not from All-Star let me know. I'll find it for you. :)

spurtilldeath
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
It was one of his All-Star game interviews. I'm pretty sure it's this one. If he doesn't say it in this one the links for the rest of his All-Star interviews are on pages 5, 6, and 7 in the Duncan Forum.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100212_duncan.html

If my memory is wrong and it's not from All-Star let me know. I'll find it for you. :)

As always, thanks for being on top of things. You are simply the best.

vander
03-09-2010, 08:49 PM
watched the Duncan vid in my sig for the first time in a long time. it's like whole different person, not many things in there he can still do :depressed

all_heart
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
bullshit, it was on more than half the team. Mason missed ALL his 3's, Jefferson was his typical MIA and that dam traveling call. Bogans, can't hit a shot to save his life. Yes Tim, made some mistakes but it's not all on him, there's 4 other guys on the court with him.

all_heart
03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
watched the Duncan vid in my sig for the first time in a long time. it's like whole different person, not many things in there he can still do :depressed

Those were great times, to think we had DRob at the same time. :wow
But somehow the FO can't recognize we need a young capable big playing alongside Tim more than ever. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, TP is the only trade able piece we have that could get us a young valuable big.....

oski1000
03-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Spurs pay Duncan two times the Manu's salary right now?

duncan228
03-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Spurs pay Duncan two times the Manu's salary right now?

Duncan's salary this season: 22,183,220

Manu's: 10,728,130

DesignatedT
03-09-2010, 09:20 PM

Dudes gave us 4 championships. he deserves every dime of what hes making.

He obviously needs to play better than how he played last night and he will be the first to tell you this. if you want to start pointing fingers, your pointing at the wrong guy.

rascal
03-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Dudes gave us 4 championships. he deserves every dime of what hes making.

He obviously needs to play better than how he played last night and he will be the first to tell you this. if you want to start pointing fingers, your pointing at the wrong guy.

No Duncan- No titles.

StoneBuddha
03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
How can you guys be hating on Duncan? Don't you know enough about him over the years to realize that he's going to give you the best he's got.

Watching the vintage clips of Timmy in his prime makes you realize how much he's playing on guile and smarts now. All those dunks in the clips are now half hooks, pump fakes, and contested shots at the rim now.

If you were a fan during the 4 championships, you should stick it out and realize that this was the natural course of events. No one or no team holds off time forever.

:flag:

tp2021
03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
No Spurs fan should EVER complain about Tim's salary. Ever.

iminol
03-11-2010, 05:24 AM
He looked like he he did not care. Balless.

timtonymanu
03-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Well Duncan did carry the load in the first half of the season with no one else stepping up. Duncan is clearly getting tired from doing all the work. People like Mason, Bogans, RJ, and Dice need to return the favor and step up themselves to let Tim rest.

smeagol
03-11-2010, 06:39 AM
No Duncan- No titles.

No Manu- less titles . . .