PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather watch the Spurs lose with Manu starring

Man Mountain
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
than watch the Spurs win with Tony starring.

Manu rules and is actually fun to watch :toast

ShoogarBear
03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
This should be the Official Motto of the Church of Manu.

And you aren't really a Spurs Fan.

ElNono
03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Ibtl

vander
03-08-2010, 09:38 PM
well when Manu stars we usually do lose, so...

DAF86
Who's troll is this?

Kori Ellis
:lmao

superjames1992
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
well when Manu stars we usually do lose, so...
It's usually the same way when Tony stars (or even Timmy for that matter).

This team seems to be at its best when no one has to star because that means everyone is playing well and no one has to shot 20+ shots.

ElNono
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
lock this shit, please... it's just embarrasing

Josh810
03-08-2010, 09:40 PM
With losses come the tards.

BadOne
03-08-2010, 09:40 PM
+1 on El Nono's comment...

mexicanjunior
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I'd rather see them lose them all...no matter who starts at this point. Nothing good will come out of sneaking into the playoffs...

http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/lottery.JPG

8FOR!3
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm a bigger Duncan and Ginobili fan than a Spurs fan. And I've been a Spurs fan all of my life. But ever since I've been old enough to understand things, those two have been the heart of the team.

Brazil
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
than watch the Spurs win with Tony starring.

Manu rules and is actually fun to watch :toast

even when tp is not playing he receives love of spurs fans

TDMVPDPOY

you know its true

lol@parker fans gettin of defensive now hahahaa

ginofans pushin all the correct buttons

ps. kori since u have a kid now, do you upgrade to milf status?

ElNono

even when tp is not playing he receives love of spurs fans

That's not a Spurs fan

baseline bum

:lol

timvp
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
At least a certain segment of Spurs fans is happy with the season. TP out for the season is like a dream come true.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
At least a certain segment of Spurs fans is happy with the season. TP out for the season is like a dream come true.

dont hate the fans, hate the player....

smeagol
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Manu has a great game, TP is injured, and all of a sudden a Manu vs Tony thread.

Some posters are fucking stupid.

kuato
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm a bigger Duncan and Ginobili fan than a Spurs fan. And I've been a Spurs fan all of my life. But ever since I've been old enough to understand things, those two have been the heart of the team.

You are a genius, there is intelligence on spurtalk after all!. I'm a basketball fan and i like good players.

ShoogarBear
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM

Seriously, I think it's going to be the title of aaronstampler's new blog.

Manu-of-steel
03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
WTF? Are you a spurs fan? Even Manu would choose not having a great game with the spurs winning, rather than lose with him having a great game. Get the eff out.

spursfan09
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM

But those aren't Spur fans.

Thompson
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
User account traced to... Manu Ginobili?!

spursfan09
03-08-2010, 09:54 PM
The real sad thing is that we just wasted a great manu game. We should have won with him playing like that.

Amarelooms
03-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Manu will be a Mav next year....he already said he wants to play with Dirk and Kidd :elephant

ffadicted
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with whoever said that when anybody has a star game the spurs usually do bad. This team is at it's best when the scoring is distributed across the board, we're a team, not a one man show

Thompson
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Manu will be a Mav next year....he already said he wants to play with Dirk and Kidd :elephant

The one place I'm sure Manu won't go is Dallas. He hates Terry, and probably a few of the others.

ElNono
03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
The one place I'm sure Manu won't go is Dallas. He hates Terry, and probably a few of the others.

Plus Manu said he wanted to play for a contender...

DAF86
03-08-2010, 10:00 PM

lol when did he say that? if he goes somewhere else he will go to a contender, the Mavs aren't one.

Amarelooms
03-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry to inform ya'll homers but Mavs are more of a contender than the Spurs :elephant

spursfan09
03-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Well it would definitly take someone like Manu who has heart and is not a choker to take the Mavs to the top.

DAF86
03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry to inform ya'll homers but Mavs are more of a contender than the Spurs :elephant

Yes but they're still not a contender. I think Manu would rather lose in San Antonio than lose in Dallas.

spurs10
03-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey everyone, it's Duncanlurks here, the Sun's #1 fan,...we'd love Manu in Phoenix!!

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone, it's Duncanlurks here, the Sun's #1 fan,...we'd love Manu in Phoenix!!

hahaha no u idiot

suns still have to resign amare or are they going to let him walk so they can sign manu then have no post player? FAIL....

spurs10
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Just being sarcastic about the so-called Mavs fan, Amarenashlooms..

superjames1992
03-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes but they're still not a contender. I think Manu would rather lose in San Antonio than lose in Dallas.
How is Dallas not a contender? They've won 12 straight and are only 2.5 games back of the Lakers now.

I hope they crash and burn in the playoffs like most on here, but the fact is that Dallas has a very good team.

roycrikside
03-09-2010, 12:05 AM

First off, he's not out for the season.

Secondly, it's really not Manu or Manufan's fault that Tony's had his head up his butt all year.

Thirdly, maybe Manufan wouldn't resent Tony if things like Manu having 0 FGA in back-to-back 1st quarters wouldn't happen so often with Tony running the show.

Seriously LJ, I'm so sick and tired of your pandering wink wink nod nod bullshit. You know basketball, you know how the game works and all you do is perpetuate this casual fan myth that somehow Tony is an elite level player and Manu's merely "pretty good" when really it's been the other way around for years.

The hardcore fans know. The hardcore fans have always known. Paint it as an Argentine thing if you wish, but it's plainly incorrect. It's not an Argentine thing, it's a "having a brain and watching the games" thing.

The team's own beat writers know. All the stat experts know. All the good GMs know.

Stop pretending you don't understand what the problem is on Spurstalk when it's been the 5,000 lb. elephant on the forum for the past five years.

Manufan will get upset whenever the third best player on the team denies the ball from the second best player on the team. It's nothing personal, it's just reality. What about it do you not understand?

Even on your own recaps it goes:

Tim, then Manu, then Tony.

As it should be.

Manufan, Spurs fans, and fans of basketball should all have similar interests:

The better, more efficient scoring, better decision-making players should have the ball more than guys who aren't as good. It's never been personal. It's just about basketball and common sense.

Seriously, quit acting like a child. We just want to win the fucking games.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM

You are one of the biggest idiots on these boards, someone please ban this idiot already with his gay dancing pink elephant :rolleyes
How is Dallas not a contender? They've won 12 straight and are only 2.5 games back of the Lakers now.

I hope they crash and burn in the playoffs like most on here, but the fact is that Dallas has a very good team.

Yep they are a very good team! That trade sparked them like crazy! They are a hot team and can contend for the West (Although I doubt they pass LA nor beat them in the playoffs). Dallas is a very good team, anyone denying that is just lost right now or in denial.

ginobili fan
03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
+1
if you don't understand irony well...

MaNuMaNiAc
03-09-2010, 06:19 AM
This has to be a very good troll job people. I mean, take a look people. Its brought out the haters and the Manu fanatics alike. Congrats, you all got trolled

MaNuMaNiAc
03-09-2010, 06:26 AM

Secondly, it's really not Manu or Manufan's fault that Tony's had his head up his butt all year.

Thirdly, maybe Manufan wouldn't resent Tony if things like Manu having 0 FGA in back-to-back 1st quarters wouldn't happen so often with Tony running the show.

Seriously LJ, I'm so sick and tired of your pandering wink wink nod nod bullshit. You know basketball, you know how the game works and all you do is perpetuate this casual fan myth that somehow Tony is an elite level player and Manu's merely "pretty good" when really it's been the other way around for years.

The hardcore fans know. The hardcore fans have always known. Paint it as an Argentine thing if you wish, but it's plainly incorrect. It's not an Argentine thing, it's a "having a brain and watching the games" thing.

The team's own beat writers know. All the stat experts know. All the good GMs know.

Stop pretending you don't understand what the problem is on Spurstalk when it's been the 5,000 lb. elephant on the forum for the past five years.

Manufan will get upset whenever the third best player on the team denies the ball from the second best player on the team. It's nothing personal, it's just reality. What about it do you not understand?

As it should be.

The better, more efficient scoring, better decision-making players should have the ball more than guys who aren't as good. It's never been personal. It's just about basketball and common sense.

You're seriously stuck on this shit... still?? If you think the reason Manu hasn't been playing like he could for the past 2 seasons is Tony then you're either A) Fucking obsessed Tony hater or B) Not watching the fucking Spurs play. Probably both.

How the fuck is it Tony's fault that for the better part of two season's now Manu has been having trouble beating his man off the dribble?

baseline bum
03-09-2010, 06:34 AM

ROFL. Seems like the coaches know who the second best player on the Spurs has been for years, since they voted one an all-star 3 out of the last 5 years and the other 0 of the last 5. The hardcore fans don't listen to the retarded ramblings of the morons who blame the team's #2 guy for every fuckup numbers 3-12 have.

sonic21
03-09-2010, 06:35 AM

As it should be.

stop living in the past.

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2010, 06:40 AM
lol at the frenchies coming out.....

sonic21
03-09-2010, 06:44 AM
lol at the frenchies coming out.....

cute. Are you saying we can't post in a manu thread?

ShoogarBear
03-09-2010, 06:45 AM
It's nothing personal

It's never been personal.

Unless Tony's stats are better, right, aaron?

The fact is that Manu's serious limitation is that he can't play more than 30 effective MPG on a consistent basis. The fact is that unless there's a Tony Parker and a Tim Duncan around to take the burden off of him for 85% of the game, he wouldn't come close to duplicating what he's able to accomplish during crunch time.

And the fact is that if Tony had a fabulous game against a D-league squad and the Spurs still lost without Manu, aaronstampler would interpret be interpreting things a lot differently.

romain.star
03-09-2010, 06:48 AM

As it should be.

yeah!! what a post man! your ''takes'' are stupid, irrelevent and childish but for some reason, i missed these posts...

Bukefal
03-09-2010, 06:56 AM

Bukefal
03-09-2010, 06:58 AM

As it should be.

wow :bang I think you have your head up your butt. Not tony.

smeagol
03-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Of course I don't agree with roycrikside's take, but saying that Manu owes his effectivness in crunch time to Tony and TD is pretty stupid too.

ShoogarBear
03-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Of course I don't agree with roycrikside's take, but saying that Manu owes his effectivness in crunch time to Tony and TD is pretty stupid too.
Because Manu's career clearly shows he never gets tired, and can sustain carrying a huge burden for many minutes game after game like Kobe and MJ?

smeagol
03-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Because Manu's career clearly shows he never gets tired, and can sustain carrying a huge burden for many minutes game after game like Kobe and MJ?

Because Manu's carrier is only circumbscribed to what he did in the NBA?

I guess when Manu was making clutch plays and carrying the Argie NT or the Kinder Bolgna it was because somebody has helping him through the first three quarters?

And even your comment regarding the Spurs is incorrect. There's plenty of examples were Manu produced throughout the game (yesterday was just another example).

Of course I agree with you Manu is usually effective when playing 30 - 35 minutes. But that doesn't mean he owes his cluth plays to TP or TD. That is a stupid comment.

smeagol
03-09-2010, 08:19 AM
The fact is that unless there's a Tony Parker and a Tim Duncan around to take the burden off of him for 85% of the game, he wouldn't come close to duplicating what he's able to accomplish during crunch time.

This is not a fact except in your mind.

kuato
03-09-2010, 08:21 AM

I guess when Manu was making clutch plays and carrying the Argie NT or the Kinder Bolgna it was because somebody has helping him through the first three quarters?

And even your comment regarding the Spurs is incorrect. There's plenty of examples were Manu produced throughout the game (yesterday was just another example).

Of course I agree with you Manu is usually effective when playing 30 - 35 minutes. But that doesn't mean he owes his cluth plays to TP or TD. That is a stupid comment.
Some people just can't understand what a team player is.

ShoogarBear
03-09-2010, 08:30 AM

If you want to start a thread talking about Manu's contributions to teams other than the Spurs, with a less draining schedule, go ahead. Try to stick to the subject in this one.

No, what's stupid is cherry picking those games and saying he has shown the stamina to do it 35+ MPG every night.

What's stupid is not acknowledging that in the NBA, Manu's success is dependent on having other players who can take the load off of him so that he can conserve his energy. How many times in his career has he said he's tired from his minutes? It's at least twice a year.

ElNono
03-09-2010, 08:34 AM

The fact that you need to measure Ginobili against the GOAT and against perhaps the best player in the NBA in the last couple of seasons does nothing more than speak volumes of how good Manu has been for a fraction of the cost to our team.

Ultimately, this thread is retarded because basketball is a team game. You might get away beating average to mediocre teams with just one or two of the big 3 playing well, but consistently beating good teams (as in a playoff series) takes all of the big 3 on top of their games and role players contributing as well.

ShoogarBear
03-09-2010, 08:41 AM
The fact that you need to measure Ginobili against the GOAT and against perhaps the best player in the NBA in the last couple of seasons does nothing more than speak volumes of how good Manu has been for a fraction of the cost to our team.

Because those are the only comparisons acceptable to the CoM. If I had said Paul Pierce or Jason Kidd or somebody like that they would have stroked out.

Ultimately, this thread is retarded because basketball is a team game. You might get away beating average to mediocre teams with just one or two of the big 3 playing well, but consistently beating good teams (as in a playoff series) takes all of the big 3 on top of their games and role players contributing as well.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, last night shows that beating an injury-riddled squad with little remaining talent takes two of the Big 3 to show up.

But at least the OP and his cronies are happy.

ElNono
03-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Because those are the only comparisons acceptable to the CoM. If I had said Paul Pierce or Jason Kidd or somebody like that they would have stroked out.

Exactly.
Unfortunately, last night shows that beating an injury-riddled lower tier squad takes two of the Big 2 to show up.
But at least the OP and his cronies are happy.

Last night we needed the exact same we needed all season long: Play defense and have role players step up. We didn't have any of those things.
I applaud the heart and the performance that Manu put out there attempting to will this team to win, but that's just another sign of how much dead weight this team has on it's current roster.

smeagol
03-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks Shoog, you've made me see the light.

Manu owes his success in the NBA, and well let's just say it, as a basketball player as a whole, to Timmy and TP. Thanks God for him playing for the Spurs along side Tony and Timmy. If he would've ended up in Denver or in Phoenix, the guy would've sucked.

:tu

And the fact he gets tired sure proves your point.

:tu :tu

smeagol
03-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I agree that this thread is retarded. I said it even before Shoog stepped in and said that brilliant comment about Manu owing his clutchness to TP and TD.

TJastal
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Yep, Manu must've had somehow had Tim and Tony's help when he won that gold medal with Argentina too. You know, because Tim and Tony wouldn't want ppl to think he's like, good without them.

hey were lacing the opposing teams water cooler. Sneaky buggers probably laced the Italian water coolers when they weren't looking.

smeagol
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Yep, Manu must've had somehow had Tim and Tony's help when he won that gold medal with Argentina too. You know, because Tim and Tony wouldn't want ppl to think he's like, good without them.

hey were lacing the opposing teams water cooler. Sneaky buggers probably laced the Italian water coolers when they weren't looking.

What you do outside the NBA never translates once you become an NBA player. Don't you know that?

it's me
03-09-2010, 09:58 AM
If you want to start a thread talking about Manu's contributions to teams other than the Spurs, with a less draining schedule, go ahead. Try to stick to the subject in this one.

No, what's stupid is cherry picking those games and saying he has shown the stamina to do it 35+ MPG every night.

What's stupid is not acknowledging that in the NBA, Manu's success is dependent on having other players who can take the load off of him so that he can conserve his energy. How many times in his career has he said he's tired from his minutes? It's at least twice a year.

Lol …. Isn’t that why it’s a TEAM sport….. I thought player in a TEAM had to share the load….. I guess I’ve been confused. Anyways….. I do believe Manu needs his teammates to compensate for his “low body resistance” but to say he owes his success to them is idiotic… dude is done now.. can have a good game here and there, but he’s been pretty damn good….. based on your reasoning Tim and Tony owe their NBA success to Manu too??? They did jack shit without Manu last year and with an injured Manu the year before….. I don’t think it’s the case. Now this thread is obviously a creation of some moron trying to ridicules the annoying CoM…. I don’t blame him…. lol @ Tony’s defenders taking it seriously :lmao

romain.star
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Manu owes his success in the NBA, and well let's just say it, as a basketball player as a whole, to Timmy and TP. Thanks God for him playing for the Spurs along side Tony and Timmy. If he would've ended up in Denver or in Phoenix, the guy would've sucked.

Manu owes his success in the NBA (titles) to Timmy and TP just as much as these last 2 owe their NBA success to him. That's what a team sport is all about.
But yeah of course, Manu would've been a terrific NBA player with or without Tim and Tony.

The only thing I hate about Manu (beside his homer fans) is the fact that he did not enter the league in his early 20'...

Cherry
03-09-2010, 12:07 PM
dont hate the fans, hate the player....

Shit happens. You like it or not.

timvp
03-09-2010, 01:32 PM

As it should be.

This is the weirdest rant I've ever seen. I don't even know what caused it. All I did was poke fun at the Manu-only fans by saying:

1. Yes, TP is probably out for the rest of the season. There aren't six weeks left in the season.

2. Where have I blamed Manu or Manu-only fans for TP having a sub par season?

3. Manu-only fan has whined about TP supposedly not passing him the ball since Manu's first preseason game. Nothing has changed this year to make it noteworthy. In fact, Manu is shooting field goals at virtually the same rate as last season while TP's field goal attempts are way down. If there is a field goal attempt gripe, TP-only fan has the better case.

WTF? Where are you getting this? Do you have some links are some quotes to back that up? Surely my comment you quoted couldn't be the source.

Apparently NBA coaches don't know -- judging by All-Star appearances.

I've maintained throughout the years that TP and Manu generally have the same value. Manu is usually better per-minute but TP closes that gap by being able to play more minutes. If that isn't tipping the scales in Manu's direction enough for your liking, I'm not sure what to tell you.

If you think Manu has been "elite" over the years and TP has just been "pretty good", that's delusional. No matter how much Manu-only fan and TP-only fan wishes it were different, the two players have always interchangeably been 2A and 2B.

Actually, I haven't seen anyone complain this season about the chemistry between TP and Manu. That is one of the few aspects that has been pretty good this season. If you've followed along, you've seen many more complaints about TP not passing to RJ enough. Although last night wasn't a very good night for proving those complaints valid.

As it should be.

Using timvp to prove timvp wrong?

Interesting tactic.

Hey, with TP out now, that will happen more often, right? Time to celebrate! I mean, now the Spurs should have no problem picking up wins. Just like last night against the Cavs without their three best players. All the Spurs needed to do was give Manu some first quarter FGAs and that was it. There was no need for that layup shooting scrub who is xenophobic toward the southern hemisphere.

Irony, it's dripping with it.

Spursfanfromafar
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Amazed at this thread!

Manu's biggest fan will be one who would root for his/her superstar to get what he cherishes the most - winning. And forget about Manu winning even if he plays at his best, if either of Tony or Tim are underperforming because of injury!

Rooting for Manu and making snide remarks about Tony is like criticising one's left hand and wringing it to express love for the right hand. Ultimately the body will feel pain!

jag
03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
you know its true

lol@parker fans gettin of defensive now hahahaa

ginofans pushin all the correct buttons

ps. kori since u have a kid now, do you upgrade to milf status?

You don't even believe half the shit you say. You just try to get under people's skin. stop this nonsense.

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
argy fans and parker haters UNITE!!!!!

anakha
03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
rooting for one and making snide remarks about the other is like crushing one's left nut to express love for the right nut.

fify.

jag
03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
The biggest difference i see between hardcore parker fans and hardcore manu fans is that parker fans aren't wishing for parker's success while simultaneously hoping for manu's failure.

easy7
03-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Looks like your Josh and a bag of chips for Manu trade did not come through Amareisloons :lmao

z0sa
03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Great thread.

ShoogarBear
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM

If he had ended up in any place where he had to play 36 minutes a night, he would have been a 50 game a year player.

Yes, it does.

ShoogarBear
03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
What you do outside the NBA never translates once you become an NBA player. Don't you know that?

Strawman. But you know that.

mookie2001
03-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Esmegmol owned by yet another americano

mookie2001
03-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Sorrrry seńor